CHAPTER 19

TAINTED

 

 
CHAPTER 19
 
 
“What the ----!!!” she almost cursed as her eyes widened in horror. 
 
“Oh my god what happened to me?” she panicked as she was making a fail attempt to scratch off the marks.
 
‘Jung Yunho!!!!!’ she screamed on her thoughts as she was struggling to find a solution for her problem. She definitely can’t face Minho or anyone with all those marks. 
 
She got tired of trying to rub off the marks on her neck down up to the top of her chest so she turned her heels and marched back to her room to find her phone and dialed his phone number at once.
 
“Hello.” he greeted confidently. 
 
“DON’T YOU DARE ‘HELLO’ ME JUNG YUNHO! GET BACK TO MY APARTMENT RIGHT NOW!” she was screaming on her phone as if it was his ears that he needed to pull the phone away from him to spare his eardrums.
 
"Miss me already?" he said cockily ignoring the warning in her tone.
 
"SHUT UP AND GET BACK HERE!" she shouted even louder. She had enough of his naughtiness and his tricks. 
 
“My ears! Alright I’ll be there in a minute.” he replied as coolly as he can but in truth, he was really nervous. He basically knows why she was raging and he prepared for this to happen but still, he could picture her narrowing eyes and he can’t help but to feel nervous about what’s going to happen.
 
Without parting words she hung up. 
 
“AISH THAT MAN IS REALLY GOING TO HELL THIS TIME!” she screamed angrily. She doesn’t know why he did that but if it was to piss her off, he definitely won big time.
 
‘But why did he do this.’ she thought carefully. Suddenly, she recalled that Minho sent her a message but when she used her phone a while ago, there weren’t any unread messages.
 
She picked up her phone and found Minho’s text.
 
‘He read the text.’ she sighed. Somehow she could understand why he did this to her. He doesn’t want her to meet Minho but still it was a very childish act to mark her with all these hickeys just to keep her away from Minho. 
 
“He’s jealous.” she said under her breath. It wasn’t a surprising act from Yunho to be jealous but this was by far his most extreme jealousy to date. 
 
‘That jerk! Can’t he see that I’m not interested with Minho? He’s so childish!’ she thought as she lowered herself to sit on the couch on the living room. She was totally fed up. So many things happened since last night and she can’t totally keep up especially with his childishness.
 
She needs to knock some sense to that Jung Yunho and tell him that they are no longer a couple so he doesn’t have any right to do anything that he pleases to her. Yes, that’s what she is going to do when he arrives.  
 
Somehow his actions confuse her. He acts like nothing had happened between them and even acts like an overly jealous husband towards Minho when he in place was the one who probably had cheated on their relationship. 
 
Dealing with the jerk that is her ex-boyfriend is definitely one heck of a roller coaster ride. With her boiling temper, she doubts it that Yunho could go back to his place alive. 
 
“I’m going to make him pay for this!” she muttered. She motioned to go to her closet to get her hoodie to cover marks. Her hair was also loosened down to cover the hickeys fully. It was a very uncomfortable feeling for her to have all these love marks around her neck. 
 
She carefully thought of what she’ll do with Yunho and all of them would end up with Yunho probably laughing at her.
 
Loud knocks on the door interrupted her deep thoughts. She clenched her fist once again knowing the person behind her door.
 
“Finally! I can grill him!” she muttered before she stomps off to meet Yunho.
 
She finally got a hold of the knob and forcefully swung the door open before shouting, “YOU BASTA----!”
 
She cut down her own sentence when she was able to make a clear view of the man who was now standing in front of her.
 
“Long time no see my dear little sister.” the man said coldly. His expression was hard to read but she was sure it was far from happy.
 
“Ji-yo-ng O-ppa?!” she stuttered. She was obviously surprised to see her brother outside her doorsteps. Last time she checked he was still in America with their parents.
 
“Yul I’m sorry. I tried to stop him.” the voice was coming from a woman so Yuri shifted her gaze to the side and saw Yoona standing beside her brother looking worried.
 
Normally she would jump in her brother’s embrace whenever he would pay a visit but seeing his stern face, she could already sense that he’s not really happy. 
 
‘He’s not here to pay a visit.’she thought worriedly.
 
“Are we just gonna stand here?” her brother snapped at her but didn’t wait for her reply as he was now inside her apartment leaving Yuri and Yoona at the door. 
 
Yuri signaled Yoona to enter as well.  
 
‘Oh my God! Can this day be any more great?’ she finally thought.
 
 
Yoona and Kwon Jiyong had known each other at Ara’s baptismal through Yuri’s introduction. Jiyong found out that Yoona was running an online dress shop and being the fahionista that he is, they instantly clicked. 
 
Throughtout the ceremony they would chat about the latest fashion events, the best clothing lines, and anything about clothes. They were inseparable but Yuri knows her Oppa too well and she didn’t want Yoona to fall under his trap. 
 
Yes, Kwon Jiyong is a playboy ever since his puberty and although Yuri and him would seldom bicker about it, Yuri would end up losing the fight and would just let her Oppa to do what he wants. But when she saw how Yoona was on the verge on falling under the spell of her charming Oppa, she decided to in. 
 
Good thing that her Oppa would just stay in Seoul for Ara’s baptism and would fly back to the States soon, Yuri felt there’s no more need to warn Yoona about her brother but it turns out that Yoona and Jiyong have been communicating ever since. 
 
Kwon Jiyong doesn’t have any plans about visiting Seoul but when his dear sister stopped communicating with him for a week, he knew there was something wrong. They promised each other that they would always keep in touch whatever happens and Yuri has been keeping that promise since he moved with their parents in America not until last week wherein he never heard anything from her even a single text. 
 
With much pleading from Yoona, he was able to fish out details about Yuri’s whereabouts and soon after he heard what happened, he flew back to Seoul to beat the hell out of Jung Yunho. 
 
 
Yuri could feel the tension her brother was giving her and it didn’t help that she has unfinished business with Yunho which is already on his way to her apartment. She knows Jiyong was already informed, thanks to Yoona, about her situation with Yunho and if they come face to face with each other, all hell will definitely break loose.
 
She was just glad that she had covered up all these hickeys before her brother could see them.
 
Yuri followed the duo to the living room and found Jiyong wandering around the house.
 
“Where’s my niece?” he asked curiously.
 
“Yunho took her to the mall.” she answered weakly.
 
Silently she was praying that Yunho would get caught up in traffic or get a ticket for violating traffic rules so that she could have the time to ward off her brother.
 
“WHAT?” he blurted out causing Yuri to sweat nervously.
 
“You allowed that cheater to take care of my niece?” he continued while the other ladies were gasping for air because of nervousness.
 
“Oppa, please calm down.” she said in her most soothing voice hoping that she could calm him down.
 
Yuri gave Yoona a pleading look asking for help on how to stop her raging brother.
 
"Oppa, please let Yuri talk." Yoona said and clutched Jiyong's hand using hers. 
 
Jiyong stared at Yoona and slowly his expression softened.
 
Yuri saw the look her brother gave to Yoona and it was similar to the loving look he would give to her whenever he reassures her.
 
'I sure did miss a lot.' she thought while looking at Yoona and her brother.
 
A moment later Jiyong was sitting comfortably on his sit and after Yoona had calmed him with her pleading look, he shifted his gaze to his sister who's sitting in front of her.
 
"Okay now speak." he said coldly.
 
"Yunho took Ara to the mall Oppa. I don't think there's any problem with that. He's still the father, right?" she explained.
 
"That bastard cheated on you!" he raised his voice once again.
 
"Oppa that's my cousin you're talking about." Yoona defended her cousin. Jiyong looked at her with a stunned expression. He never thought that she would stand up to that bastard of a cousin of hers.
 
"So you'll just approve of him cheating on my sister?" he growled at her. He was hurt that Yoona seemed to be siding on Yunho.
 
Yoona could sense the hurt on Jiyong's voice so she instantly moved closer at him and held his hand tighter.
 
"That's not what I meant Oppa but I think you should listen to Yunho Oppa first before you start accusing him." she said firmly.
 
"Listen to him?" he growled at her and let go of her hand while she on the otherhand stayed silent.
 
"Then what? Give him the chance to lie again?" he continued. 
 
Yuri was just listening to this couple's argument and she can't help but feel sad that because of her situation, another couple might come crushing down. Her problem with Yunho is already a handful and she won't be able to forgive herself if Jiyong and Yoona would hate each other because of them.Besides, these two have a lot of explaining to do.
 
"STOP!" she shouted causing the other two to look at her.
 
"This is my problem so please let me handle this." she sighed.
 
Jiyong stood up and moved closer to her sister leaving Yoona on the couch. He kneeled in front of her and took her hand.
 
"Yuri I love you so much and it pains me to see you like this. You deserve so much better." he said while he lovingly her cheeks with one hand.
 
This was the moment she was waiting for. Her brother was one of her strongest support system even when they were still young. Somehow with her brother and Yoona around, she never felt alone.
 
Yuri jumped to her brother's embrace before she sobbed on his chest. He immediately thightend their hug and just let her cry on his chest. 
 
He had missed her little sister so much and soon  regretted that he wasn't around for her in a long time.
 
"I love you too Oppa but I'm a big girl now." she began to reason in her between her sobs.
 
Jiyong buried his face in his sisters neck. He knows what's about to come out from and it pains him that he's no longer a necessity in her life. He felt useless. 
 
That was the same reason why he didn't approve of Yunho immediately when he heard about them dating. He fet that this man was taking away his precious little sister but Yuri insisted that she will always be her little girl.  Now that she had uttered those words, he felt that she's really drifting away from his grasp.
 
 
"Please don't say that Yuri-ah. You'll always be my little sister." he was also starting to sob.
 
Yuri knows how protective her brother is and for the longest time she had enjoyed this trait of him but right now she needs to let him know that things had changed. She needs to handle her situations on her own now.
 
Yuri broke their hug and cupped her brother's face and dried the pooling tears in his eyes.
 
Yoona looked at the siblings in awe. If she hadn't known that they were siblings, she would've thought that these two were a couple. 
 
"Oppa, I will always be your sister but you need to understand that I have to handle this by myself." she explained. 
 
Jiyong felt week at her sisters words and Yuri could see the feeling of being rejected in her brother's eyes.
 
"It doesn't mean that I don't need you anymore Oppa but right now, all I need is your support and I need you to be by my side." she continued. 
 
Yuri could clearly see the change in her brother's expression. His face lit up and managed to nod at her.
 
"Alright. But please let me know everything. I don't like the feeling of you neglecting me." he said.
 
"I'm sorry Oppa. I'll never do it again." she repleied and slowly she was able to put on a smile.
 
Jiyong felt a huge relief when he saw the smile on her sister. Somehow he could see that the situation isn't as worse as he thought it is. Maybe he was overreacting but you can't blame him for being a loving brother to his only sibling.
 
"Uhm uhm." a coughing sound broke the sibling moment.
 
"Guys can you please cut out the sibling smooch? I'm still here you know." Yoona whined playfully as she lifted her arms across her chest.
 
Both Yuri and Jiyong chuckled at her whining.
 
"You're just jealous. You want me to smooch you too?" Jiyong said casually causing the other girl to blush at his remarks.
 
"Yah! The two of you still need some explanation to do!" Yuri whined.
 
Yoona glared at Yuri while blushing and Jiyong stood up from his kneeling to sit beside Yoona. He placed one arm over Yoona's shoulder causing her to blush even more. 
 
Even in this unfortunate situation, Yuri can't help but to be happy for her brother and her bestfriend. She almost forgot that she needs to deal with the jerk later on.
 
'Oh Yunho!' she quickly thought.
 
She needs to get Jiyong out of here before Yunho arrives. Calming her brother wasn't always a light job and she is definitely sure something bad would happen when Jiyong sees Yunho and she won't let two of the most important men in her life kill each other.
 
Yuri looked at Yoona with a meaning look. Good thing Yuri and Yoona has become bestfriends and they understood each other with just their eyes talking.
 
Yoona got the meaning of Yuri's worried look and she instinctively thought of an idea to get Jiyong out before her 'boyfriend' beats the crap out of her dear cousin.
 
"Oppa I think we need to go. You need to find a place to stay right?" Yoona said hoping that he would buy her excuse.
 
"Right I almost forgot!" he jolted and shifted his gaze to Yuri.
 
"Aren't you staying at out house Oppa?" she asked.
 
"I haven't called the caretakers yet so I'll look for a hotel for the meantime." he answered.
 
"Are you sure it's okay if I leave you here Yuri-ah? You can come along if you want." he said.
 
"I would really love to Oppa but I have something else to do." she lied.
 
"I promise to visit you when you're already in your hotel. I'll bring Ara with me." she added.
 
"Okay. Promise me that you'll call me when that Yunho comes bothering you." he ordered.
 
"O-of course Oppa." she replied nervously and looked at Yoona.
 
"Let's go Oppa. It's getting late." Yoona said while tugging on Jiyong's shirt.
 
"I still need to talk to that Yunho though." he said with his authoritative tone.
 
"When you're no longer flaring up you can talk to him." Yuri sighed in defeat.
 
Kwon Jiyong sure is one hell of a stubborn man.
 
Yuri led them to the door with her hands tightly clutched on her brothers left hand and Yoona following them.
 
"Don't forget to call me." he said firmly. Yuri didn't mutter a reply but nodded instead.
 
"Bye Oppa." she gave him one last hug while he kissed her on either sides of her temples.
 
"Bye." he muttered before he stepped out of the door. Yoona gave Yuri a wink in which she replied with a silent thank you.
 
She slumped her back at the couch in exhaustion. Dealing with her brother drained her energy but she knows that she needs to deal with bigger problems later.
 
Anytime now Yunho or Minho would be knocking on her door. She really has to deal with Yunho and tame him but Minho was also occupying her thoughts. She needs to come up with a good alibi.
 
"AAARRGGHH!' she growled while pushing her hair back. 
 
She needs to call Minho before he comes knocking on her door.
 
"I need to call him." she uttered.
 
Before she could make her way to get her phone, a knock was heard on her door.
 
'Oh please don't let it be Minho.' she thought.
 
She doesn't have the courage to tell him personally that she can't make it to dinner. He sounded so enthusiastic lately on the phone when she agreed and she can't bear to see his face when she retracts her words. 
 
Minho had been so nice to her and although she felt uncomfortable with the extra attention he was giving her, she fet that he doesn't deserve to be ditched.
 
She'll just have to wait for Yunho to arrive and vent all her agony on him.
 
'Damn that Yunho for giving me all these troubles.' she scolded him in her thoughts while she makes her way to attend to her 'visitor'.
 
She let out a deep sigh before turning the door knob.
 
"Hi?......" 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________
 
I can't help but post another chapter...
i hope you guys like this..
 
there's gyoon now :D