CHAPTER 24

TAINTED

 

 

CHAPTER 24
 

 

“I can’t let you go that easy.” he said. Anger was still visible in his voice although it was obvious that he was battling with his own emotions. Seeing the hint of fear in her eyes, he decided to tone it down.

She managed to get her strength after hearing the change in his tone.

“Minho. I’m sorry but my decision is final. My family needs me.” she pleaded. She was looking for his eyes to meet hers so that he can see her pleading but he wasn’t even looking straight at her. His head was bent down, his fists were balled up in a circle and his lips were quivering.

He took a deep breath.

“You mean Yunho needs you.” he said bitterly. His voice showed how much he loathed that name.

“My private life doesn’t concern you Minho.” she was starting to feel angry. He was being unreasonable.

“And how about me?!” he shouted while banging his fist on top of his poor desk and finally looked at her straight to the face.

Her face suddenly flushed with fear. She and Minho had meet in just less than a month and had only been friends recently but she had already convinced herself that he was a nice man. He was always calm around her even though she was messing up in her early days as a secretary. Never once did he raise his voice on her and never, ever, did she saw him angry.

“Minho our relationship is nothing more than a professional one. I don’t know what’s happening to you but you are the least of my concern and our professional relationship ends here.” she spat at him. Lately she had already considered Minho as one the very few people she calls friends but with his actions right now, she feels there is no more need to call him that.

She moved closer to his desk and with so much restraint to shove the letter, she managed to put it calmly on top of his desk. But before she could retract her hand, Minho held her wrist firmly seemingly not wanting to let her go. His eyes were full of remorse and his suppressed anger was eating him alive.

“Minho let go of me!” she shouted while struggling to get away from his grip. He didn’t move an inch since he was putting much pressure on the hand that’s trapping her.

“No! You’ll work for me! I don’t care if you and Yunho are back together. All I want is for you to be near me.” he shouted back. He was determined to trap her. He knows that once she goes out of that door, she’ll never come back. He’ll never be able to see her. She scratched her out of her list of friends that’s for sure.

“Please Minho. Let me go.” Now she was pleading. All she wants is to get out of the room and run to Yunho and never, ever, come back.

Her struggles were no use. The more she struggled to break free, the more his grip on her tightens. She’ll be having a bruise for sure and if Yunho finds out about this, she knows he’ll beat the crap out of Minho. The thought frightens her. Even though Minho’s hurting her, she wouldn’t let Yunho hurt him. It was partly her fault that Minho is acting this way.

“Promise me you’ll never leave me alone Yuri-ah. I don’t want to be alone anymore.” he pleaded. His harsh tone was now replaced with a pleading one.Yuri was startled a bit.

‘Why is he acting this way?’ she thought.

Before any of them could speak again, the door to Minho’s office was suddenly flung open revealing a middle aged man wearing a fine black suit with an expression that clearly shows that he is oblivious of what is happening inside the room.

Both Minho and Yuri turned their attention to the man. Minho’s grip on Yuri’s hand slowly loosened when he recognized the figure. The last thing he wants is to give another reason for his father to lecture him.

“Appa.” he called nervously. Yuri looked at Minho with a surprised expression while she massage her aching wrist then her gaze went back to the new man which she figured was Minho’s father.

“What is happening here?” Minho’s father growled at them but mostly to his son.

Minho swallowed a large lump of saliva in nervousness. Yuri saw how Minho lost almost all the color in his face. He was sweating so hard and she was becoming curious as to why Minho would tense up with his father around. He seemed to be afraid of the man.

“App-a I-I-I was..” he was stuttering while he finds the right excuse to cover up what happened. He was sure that his father caught him and Yuri in a compromising situation.

“What? I have been calling you non-stop but you weren’t answering the phone and here you are flirting with your secretary!” he scolded him.

Minho stayed silent feeling embarrassed that Yuri was about to hear his father’s harsh remarks on him. He just wants to vanish right from the spot.

“That’s why you can’t take Choi Empire at the top because you are not focusing! You useless piece of trash!” he continued to scold him.

Yuri felt the tension between Minho and his father. It was as if their relationship weren’t like that of a father and son relationship. Yunho had been a naughty boy in his teens but never did his father talk to him like that.

“Uhm sir. I’m sorry to interrupt but Minho and I weren’t flirting. I’m here to give my resignation letter.” she felt the need to explain herself before this man starts to think lowly of her.

Mr. Choi’s attention was suddenly shifted to Yuri. He studied her intently. She looks rather familiar to him as if he had seen her somewhere. He moved closer to take a closer look at her and then something came up from his head.

“Are you by chance Kwon Yuri? The girlfriend of Jung Yunho?” he asked curiously.

Yuri was surprised that this man recognized her but she was sure she hasn’t seen anywhere. She nodded hesitantly.

“How do you know me sir?” she asked trying to be polite.

He smirked at her. “I was there at your daughter’s baptismal. Yunho’s father is one of my colleagues so he invited me there. He was quite ecstatic about having a granddaughter” he explained. In the corner of her eyes she can see that Minho was listening to their conversation.

“I see. I must’ve been busy that day so I wasn’t really able to attend to all the guests.” she smiled apologetically.

“May I ask? Why are you here? And if I heard it right, you’re resigning? Since when were you a part of Choi Empire?”he asked with one eyebrow raised.

“It’s a long story sir but as I said, I just dropped by to give my resignation letter to Minho.” upon saying that she stole a quick glance at Minho who was now looking down.

“I need to go sir. My husband is waiting for me at the parking lot. It was nice meeting you.” she bowed to Mr.Choi before she take one last glance at Minho then finally she went out of the room.

She felt a big relief once she was totally out of his room. ‘Thank God his father came.’ she thought.

She can’t imagine what could’ve happened to her if his father didn’t come. Minho was being a douche bag and she wasn’t pleased with his behavior.

As she was making her to the parking lot to meet Yunho, she can’t help but think about Minho and his father. She was sure that Mr.Choi and Minho don’t have a good relationship judging from what she saw earlier. She saw how Minho’s face paled at the mere sight of his father and the glares his father was giving him while he endlessly scolds him like he is some lowlife. Not to mention the harsh words he spat at Minho.

Somehow she felt guilty about talking harshly to Minho. If only she knows that Minho is going through so much, she might’ve chosen her words carefully.

Maybe that’s why Minho was acting that way. He is a cheerful guy but in truth he was masking the fact that he was a very lonely man. He told her that his mother died while giving birth to him so all these time, he was only with the care of his father.

‘He’s craving for attention and love.’ she thought.

Yes it’s true. Minho is a lonely man. All his life he strived to make his perfectionist father proud but all his efforts weren’t enough. He was desperate for love and care and when he saw the loneliness that Yuri’s eyes held when he saw her the first time, he thought that they were sharing the same boat. He saw in her the emptiness that he was carrying all his life and that’s what draws him to like her.

Even though she was trying to put a strong front to him, he knows that she was lonely, that she was feeling alone like he is, and it made him happy to have found someone that shares the same pain as him. He thought that having someone that could understand him like Yuri, he would be able to make his loneliness subside.

Now that Yuri’s eyes no longer held sadness, he felt alone again. He felt lost and now that he found out that he had already fallen in love with her, he can’t seem to let her go. He already saw the glint of happiness having her near him so he’ll do everything to make her stay.

 

Yunho was pacing back and forth in the parking lot. Yuri should’ve been here by now.

“What’s taking her so long?” he mumbled. He promised himself that if another 5 mins passes without a sight of her; he’ll definitely barge inside Minho’s office.

He can’t help but imagine harsh thoughts about Minho and Yuri. His girlfriend was probably alone with him inside his office and his mind couldn’t help but think of how Minho might take advantage of Yuri. Well that would be the end of him if he dared to lay a hand on Yuri.

A few moments later he caught sight of her walking towards his direction. His expression suddenly lit up.

‘Thank God she’s here.’ he prayed silently.

He was about to go near her but he stopped his pace when he saw her expression. She was in deep thought that she didn’t even glance at him. He can feel something was definitely wrong.

“Yul baby? What’s wrong?” he asked her when she finally reached him. He held both of her hands with his. Her palms were sweating.

She looked up to him and he could see her serious expression.

“Yunho.” she called softly. He looked at her intently.

“Minho needs me.”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm up for another update.. thanks for patiently waiting for my updates.
i was on a slight vacation so I wasn't able to update.
give me your thoughts. 

spread the love <3<3<3<3<3