CHAPTER 1

TAINTED

 

Chapter 1

 

 
 
------At a bar-----------
 
 
“You made it!” Jaejoong greeted his friend as he walked his way near him. Yunho tried hard not to show his being uncomfortable in such a place and managed to put on a forced smile. 
 
He isn’t-----or wasn’t should be the right term----- used to these type of places but he needed to see his friend before he migrates so he managed to pull himself together and walked towards Jaejoong.
 
Yunho had been friends with Junsu, along with Jaejoong ever since they started college and they were the same friends who he first confided to about the pregnancy of his girlfriend on their first daughter almost a year ago.
Attending his friend’s farewell party was his way of making it up with them since he had been so busy about family life after Yuri had given birth to their angel.
 
“We thought you weren’t coming!” Jaejoong tried hard to make his voice audible for it was indeed hard to talk in such a crowded and noisy bar like this.
 
“How can I miss this important day!” Yunho replied leaning closer to Jaejoong. 
 
“He’s been waiting for you since the party started!” Jaejoong pulled him through the pool of people while half shoving half greeting away a bunch of people hurdling their way.
 
Once they neared the bar, Yunho noticed the figure of a man facing his back on them obviously flirting with a blonde I bet he only met that night.
 
‘Same old same old’ Yunho thought with a light smirk as he recognized the man.
 
“Junsu look who’s here!” Jaejoong shouted making the man turn to them, eyes-wide.
 
“JUNG YUNHO!”  Junsu placed the glass of margarita he was holding and left the blonde without notice to greet his friend.
 
“I knew you would come. What’s up?” Junsu hugged his friend as if it was the first time they had seen each other after centuries. 
 
“Of course! How can I say goodbye to my old pal here!” Yunho exclaimed while returning his hug.
 
“Uhm uhm uhm!” Jaejoong interrupted while coughing then patted the backs of both his bestfriends. 
 
“Yah! You two get a room!” Jaejoong joked causing the two to break the hug.
 
The three laughed in unison. Suddenly it felt like they were back in their college days. They haven’t been able to catch up with each other recently.
 
Jaejoong has been busy wrapping up his schedules on variety shows, concerts and the likes. Weeks after their graduation, he debuted as a solo singer and has now become one of Korea’s finest.
 
Junsu pretty much had the same light as Jaejoong only that he works as a model for an international modeling agency. Now the agency is requiring him to stay in the States for as long as his contracts permits since he is one of the best in the agency and it was a pity not to share him in the international scene. This explains the farewell party since he’ll be going off first thing in the morning.
 
Yunho on the other hand was experiencing a more private life. He took over his father’s place as CEO of Jung Enterprises which is a big contributor in the success of the Korean market. Aside from being a CEO of a respectable company, Yunho also plays the role of a kind and loving partner to Kwon Yuri and a playful and loving father to their 9 months old daughter Ara.
 
They still had communication but their schedules wouldn’t permit even a quick coffee break in their favorite café. It was a pity that they have to re-unite in Junsu’s farewell party.
 
The three boys reach for the bar and sat still dazed at how long they haven’t seen each other. Once in place, Junsu waved his hand to catch the bartender’s attention.
 
“A bottle of whiskey for my buddies here.” Junsu ordered the bartender.
 
Jaejoong noticed that the blonde Junsu was flirting a while ago was still standing near them. Her face had no hint of leaving and she was obviously drooling over the three handsome men in front of her.
 
Jaejoong looked at a girl in a “it’s-time-for-you-to-go” look before the girl rolled her eyes at him and drifted off.
The bartender went back with the bottle of alcohol in hand and poured some on three glasses and handed them over to the three.
 
“So how’s the life of a CEO?” Junsu asked Yunho after taking a gulp on the small glass containing of whiskey.
 
Yunho did the same to the glass in his hand before answering.
 
“HELL! That’s how it is being a CEO” 
 
Both Jaejoong and Junsu let out a small laugh. 
 
“And being a father?” Jaejoong asked half smilingly. 
 
Yunho smiled upon hearing the question. It was as if the word F-A-T-H-E-R sounded like a chant on him. 
He just loves being called one. 
Junsu saw how his buddy smiled upon hearing the six-letter word and right there and then he knew what his answer would be.
 
“Heaven. Nothing  more like it.” Jaejoong and Junsu saw the calmness in his face even in this dark room and they heard the sincerity in his voice amidst the loud banging of the speakers in all parts of the room.
 
“I see familyhood had been very much on your favor Yunho.” Junsu said without looking, obviously happy for his friend. 
 
“I have never felt contented in my life like I am right now.” Yunho took a sip at his glass and proceeded.
 
“I thought I had everything at my reach. I had all the money I could possibly have even without working for it. Girls drool at the mere sight of me----of us. But I never felt complete until Yuri and my daughter Ara came to my life”  Yunho said. The smile never left his beautiful features.
 
Upon hearing this, Jaejoong and Junsu realized that the man sitting beside them right at that very moment wasn’t the same man they met in college. He was a changed man. He changed for the better.
Indeed all three of them changed for the better. They were no longer the three popular jerks who break laws and women’s hearts. There was already that sense of responsibility in them----maturity was another thing.
 
Junsu pleasingly sighed.
 
“I’m very relieved that I’ll be leaving without any worries since both of you are doing so much fine right now.” He stood up raising his glass.
 
Yunho and Jaejoong followed suit.
 
“For us!” Junsu shouted while raising glass.
 
The three of them cheered and gulped the glass ‘till nothing’s left of it.
 
The night proceeded happily for the three re-united friends. All of them knew that they have to make the most of this night for when the morning come they would be back in their individual busy worlds.
 
Junsu and Jaejoong danced the night away but Yunho was left in the bar drawn to his phone screen which contains a photo of his girlfriend Yuri and their daughter Ara that he snapped while they were sleeping.
 
‘I miss both of you already.’ Yunho said in his thoughts.
 
He misses them already but its midnight and he bets his lovely ladies are now in their deep sleep. 
 
He has given a word to Yuri that he will be attending Junsu’s farewell party and his girlfriend, with her full trust on Yunho,
permitted him wholeheartedly.
 
The trust that he’ll never intend to break----or so he thought.