The Start of A New Life

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            A few weeks had already passed since Hoon started his new job. His uncle had now given him the title of owner of the desk he worked at. Hoon got to know everyone on his floor personally by now. He liked everyone and they all loved him because he was such a hard worker. There was only one problem though. Hoon had to go out and find work to do.

            Hoon’s uncle never gave him enough work to do so he always went to the other workers to see if they needed help with anything. After a while they even started coming up to him for help. Hoon was happy to help out and would except any task that he was given. He would finish it quick and perfectly too.

            On a Wednesday, Hoon was just sitting at his desk waiting for something to do when Bora came up to him. “Hey Hoon. Looking for some work again?” She asked.

            Hoon and Bora had become really close friends during this time of just a few weeks. “Yeah do you have anything for me to do?” Hoon asked Bora with much hope in his voice.

            Bora shook her head. “Sorry Hoon. I don’t have anything for you to do right now.” She explained.

            Hoon sighed and blew his bangs out of his face. “It’s okay. I guess I’ll just here sit here and hope for a miracle.” Hoon said teasingly.

            Bora laughed and was about to say something but everyone heard the elevator open. Hoon’s uncle came out of the elevator and started walking their way. “That’s strange. Minwoo oppa is back already. Usually he doesn’t come back until the end of the day. I wonder what’s going on.” Bora thought out loud.

            Hoon shifted in his seat to face the way his uncle was coming. Once he and his uncle had their eyes meet his uncle had target signs on him. “Hoon let’s go.” He said.

            Hoon had no idea what was going on. “Where are we going?” He asked.

            “This is no time to ask questions. Just come with me and I’ll tell you everything in the car.” His uncle said and then started walking off again.

            Bora and Hoon looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. Hoon grabbed his bag and ran after his uncle. “See you later Bora.” He shouted and ran off.

           

<3<3<3

 

            In the car Hoon’s uncle was a little quiet. But he broke the silence after around fifteen minutes of driving. “Okay, since you have been very efficient in working in the office you are starting to make me think that it was too much of an easy job for you.” He explained.

            “It’s not too bad. The hardest part is looking for something to do.” Hoon replied.

            “That is exactly my point. So I feel that you can handle the job that I’m going to be giving you right now. Of course you have to let me know if you want it of course.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            “What is it?” Hoon asked.

            “Well you are going to be with me the whole day and Soohyun as well. You are going to help me make his schedule more efficiently, you are going to help take inventory and occasionally you’ll be the coffee runner. How does that sound?” His uncle asked.

            That was the job that Hoon had imagined in the first place. So he wasn’t too disappointed about hearing that. “I honestly expected that job to begin with. So I’m fine with it. At least I’ll have something to do.” Hoon thought to himself.

            “Alright then the job is yours. And hey, when you find a job that you actually want then you can say you worked with Shin Soohyun. That’ll bump up your resume.” His uncle joked with him.

            Hoon laughed just to go along with it. He was glad to have something to do and maybe this would allow him to get closer to his uncle but at the same time he had a strange feeling about the job.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Once Hoon’s uncle pulled into the backstage parking lot there were people all around. A lot of them were running around and they looked like they were in a rush to get their job done. Hoon could already feel the stress from the staff.

            Just as he was about to get out of the car his uncle stopped him. “A few things before we get out Hoon. First of all there are a lot of people running around right now so drifting away from me is not a good idea. Second, there are people who try to sneak into the building all the time so if you see anyone suspicious just let me know. That should be all for now. I’ll tell you what you can be doing once we get inside.” His uncle explained.

            Hoon nodded and they both got out of the car. They walked over to the door together that lead to the dressing rooms back stage. But first Hoon’s uncle had to sign in. “Hello Mr. Seo. How are you today?” The security asked while handing Hoon’s uncle a clipboard.

            “I’m fine. This is my nephew Hoonmin.” Hoon’s uncle introduced the two.

            The security guard bowed and so did Hoon. “Please call me Hoon though. It’s for short.” Hoon explained.

            “Hoon, I got it. It’s nice meeting you.” The security guard said.

            Hoon’s uncle finished signing in and looked around. “Oh my god. Soohyun hasn’t showed up yet has he?” He asked the security guard said.

            “No not yet.” The security guard replied.

            “That boy really can be rebellious sometimes. I tell him to come straight here and he just completely ignores me.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            Hoon sighed and looked around a little bit. As he looked down the road he saw a car approaching the parking lot. It was silver and it looked almost brand new. Hoon expected this to be Soohyun. “Is that him?” He asked.

            Hoon’s uncle looked at the car coming towards then and scoffed. “Well speak of the devil.” He replied.

            Soohyun pulled up to the parking lot and parked right next to when Hoon’s uncle parked. He turned off the car and everyone was waiting for him to come out. Once he did come out everyone was staring at him. He just looked so glamorous.

            “Hey Minwoo hyung.” Soohyun greeted.

            “Shin Soohyun, you were supposed to be here before me. What happened?” Hoon’s uncle asked.

            Soohyun thought for a moment. “If I told you that I got stuck in traffic would you believe me?” He asked his manager.

            Hoon’s uncle shook his head. “Not at all.” He replied.

            “Then I got nothing.” Soohyun said as he approached the backstage door. Then he noticed Hoon. “Oh hey long time no see. What was your name again?”

            “It was Hoon.” Hoon replied.

            “That’s right. Sorry I’m horrible with names. How come you’re here?” Soohyun asked.

            “He is actually going to be my assistant. Apparently the work I was giving him at the office was too easy. Plus other people were giving him stuff and he would just do it flawlessly. So I figured this job would keep him busy.” Hoon’s uncle explained.

            “Oh I see. So it’s your first time here. How exciting. Come on I’ll give you a tour.” Soohyun said.

            “Uh no Soohyun. You have to practice for tonight.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            “Minwoo hyung, I have five hours to practice. I should be fine. Besides everyone here is way older than me. Hoon is more of my age and we can relate to each other better.” Soohyun explained.

            Hoon had no idea what he was talking about. “It’s okay you have to work and I have to get working too. Maybe later after your practice.” Hoon suggested.

            “Now there’s a plan. Come on Soohyun go on and practice.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            Soohyun sighed and walked into the building. “I will give you a tour though Hoon. Count on it.” He said.

            Hoon felt his face starting to blush for no reason. He started to hit his cheek a little as if it would help. “Come on Hoon. I’ll give you your first job for today.” His uncle said and then they both walked into the building and past the dressing rooms. They went down a long hall and turned to the right to another hall. At the end of that hall there was a room. Hoon’s uncle walked up to that door and opened it. Once it was opened Hoon’s mouth dropped.

            The room that Hoon’s uncle showed him was a complete mess. There was clothes all over the place and props were on the ground or in boxes that were filled with all kinds of things. Hoon turned to his uncle and just gave him a blank look. “You have got to be kidding me.” He said.

            “Not at all. What you have to do is organize all the clothes and props and whatever else is in here. If anything has the smallest hole or tear in it then throw it out. We can always make new costumes. Then once you are done organizing everything, take inventory.” Hoon’s uncle explained.

            Hoon walked in the room and looked around a little bit. “Uncle Minwoo this is going to take forever to clean and organize.” He complained.

            “Yeah right Hoon. The way you organize files is way faster than anyone else in the office can do it. This should keep you busy for a few hours. I wouldn’t be surprised if you finish it by today. You don’t have to though because we are going to be here for a few weeks.” Hoon’s uncle explained.

            Hoon sighed and just started to work on organizing the room. His uncle smiled and walked off. Hoon started to gather the clothes off the ground and put them in a pile to the side. Then he slowly started to organize everything in the boxes. Each one was filled with tons of different items that it was just a mess. He could tell that this was going to take him a while.

 

<3<3<3

 

            It took Hoon a few days to clean that closet completely and he took inventory of everything in there. But he finished quicker than his uncle thought he would. So instead his uncle had him running around the city doing errands. He would make Hoon pay some bills, meet with minor potential sponsors and even get some coffee.

            A few weeks later Hoon was started to get a little irritated with constantly running errands and basically being told what to do all the time. But he just had to deal with it though. There was nothing he could do and he was happy that he even had a job. Though he did wish that it was a completely different job and with a boss that wasn’t his uncle.

            One day Hoon and his uncle actually started to show some irritation toward each other. But there was a day where it just blew up. They just couldn’t handle pretending to be nice to each other anymore.

            “Hoon how could you mess up this order? I told you everything twice and you still messed up the coffee order!” Hoon’s uncle shouted.

            “How many times do I have to say I’m sorry? But it really wasn’t my fault. You gave me half an hour to get the coffee and I ordered everything right. It was the coffee place that screwed up the order.” Hoon fought back.

            “Yeah right like I’m going to believe that. For the past two weeks you have been slacking off. You didn’t organized the microphones properly and then you always take breaks while doing something I assigned you and hanging out with Soohyun. You have been really lacking.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            It was true that Hoon would take a break here and there because Soohyun wanted to hang out with him for a bit but he would always go back to work right after a few minutes. “Well obviously I had to figure out how to do things myself and Soohyun wanted to talk for a little bit and I think I deserve a break every once in a while.” Hoon argued back.

            “You know what it is really just what your father said it was going to be like. You are going to work hard the first few weeks and then you just start to slack off. That’s why you can’t keep a job!” Hoon’s uncle yelled right at him.

            Hoon was in shock but he thought of something to say very quickly. “Why the hell did you even hire me if you know that I was going to do all that?” He yelled.

            “Because I promised your parents that I would hire you. Then they asked me not to fire you until you found a job of your own. So I am keeping a promise but right now I regret ever taking you on.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            Hoon took in everything that his uncle just said. He was surprised that his parents arranged this job for him completely. He thought that they were just dropping hints to his uncle about him needing a job but he never knew that he uncle made a promise to them that he would hire him. In a way that made Hoon feel a little betrayed.

            Around the corner Soohyun had heard the whole conversation. He watched Hoon and noticed that he looked like he was going to cry. He felt like he had to do something. He took in a deep breath and walked around the corner.

            “Hey what’s going on?” Soohyun asked as if he didn’t know anything that just happened.

            “Nothing Soohyun. We just had a little mess up in the coffee order.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            Soohyun nodded and looked at Hoon. Hoon was looking away and he could see his adam’s apple moving up and down. Soohyun could tell that Hoon was trying really hard not to cry.

            “It’s okay. What was messed up?” Soohyun asked.

            “He ordered a chai tea instead of the latte that was for you.” Hoon’s uncle explained.

            Hoon shot his head at his uncle but he didn’t want to fight him anymore so he didn’t say anything. Soohyun felt like he really had to show Hoon that it was okay.

            Soohyun took the chai tea and observed it for a little bit. He put the straw up to his mouth and took a sip. He smiled and nodded. “It’s not that bad. It’s actually pretty good. Looks like your mistake was pretty fortunate Hoon.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon looked at him with soft eyes. “What?” He asked.

            “Don’t worry about not getting the order right. This is actually pretty good. Just don’t let it happen again.” Soohyun said softly to Hoon.

            Hoon nodded and put on a small smile. “Okay, I’m sorry.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun ruffled Hoon’s hair. “Don’t be. Everyone makes mistakes.” He said. Hoon still looked so sad. Soohyun sighed and then looked at all the coffee that Hoon had to get. There were around fourteen coffee cups. It was no wonder as to how there was at least one that was messed up. Soohyun looked back at Hoon and sighed. “Minwoo hyung, do you mind if I borrow Hoon for a little while?”

            Hoon’s uncle was surprised to hear that. “Oh, but who is going to deliver all this coffee?” He asked.

            “I don’t know. Maybe find someone willing to do it.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon’s uncle was shocked but he sighed. “I guess I can find someone to distribute the coffee. Alright you and Hoon and get out of my sight.” He said.

            Soohyun smiled and grabbed Hoon’s wrist. Hoon hesitated but Soohyun kept pulling him. Hoon followed the older boy down a few halls and then they went through a few doors and up some stairs. In the end Soohyun took Hoon to a secret room that overlooked the whole stage.

            Hoon walked into the room and was surprised. He looked over a ledge that was right over the stage. Then he backed away for a little bit and looked around. He was still in so much shock that he couldn’t say anything.

            Soohyun was by the ledge and looked at the stage. “You know, I come here every once in a while to just be alone and clear my head. You looked like you needed some time alone.” Soohyun explained.

            Hoon walked around a little more and looked around. He eventually went back over to the ledge and watched all the people moving around the stage. He saw his uncle walk on the stage and he immediately started to feel his heart twist in pain.

            A single tear fell from Hoon’s eye. Soohyun caught onto that. Hoon wiped away the tear and took in a deep staggered breath. This caused Soohyun’s heart to hurt a bit too. He hated seeing Hoon look so hurt.

            Soohyun put down his drink and walked over towards Hoon. He wrapped his arms around the younger boy from the back and held him close. “If you need to cry go ahead. I won’t tell anyone. I won’t judge you either. Just let it all out if you have to.” He said.

            Hoon completely lost it. The tears started to flow out of his eyes like a river. He was so hurt about what his uncle said that he just couldn’t stand it. He just couldn’t believe that his parents had no faith in him anymore. He felt as if everything he knew was now a lie.

            After a little while Soohyun turned Hoon around so that the younger male could hide his face. Soohyun put his hand on the back of Hoon’s head while the other arm still held the other tight. He wanted to be as close to Hoon as possible.

            When Hoon finally stopped crying Soohyun let him go. He grabbed Hoon’s cheeks and looked at his red puffy eyes. “There we go. Don’t you feel better now?” Soohyun asked.

            Hoon nodded. “Thank you.” He said and gave Soohyun a hug.

            “No problem. You seemed like you just needed a moment to cry.” Soohyun replied.

            “I’m sorry I’m such a mess. It’s just my uncle said something to me that I don’t think I’ll ever to get over.” Hoon explained.

            Soohyun felt his heart go tight again. But he put on a smile regardless. “Hey I know something can make you feel better. Once you are done with work, come find me and we’ll go okay?” He said.

            “Where are we going?” Hoon asked him.

            “It’ll be a surprise.” Soohyun said. He started to walk away leaving Hoon by himself. But he stopped as he opened the door. “Stay up here as long as you need to. I’ll talk to Minwoo hyung.” He said.

            Hoon just stood in that same place and didn’t move. He put his hand over his heart and he felt pain, but he also felt happiness. It was a very mixed feeling. He let out a breath and went over to the ledge and watched everyone walk around. Then he noticed Soohyun’s drink. He grabbed it and observed it. He took a sip from it and found that it really wasn’t that bad. But he still felt confused as to what he was feeling. So he just stayed up there for a little while longer.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Hoon eventually came down from that secret room and went back to work. He avoided his uncle as much as he could. He didn’t want to talk to him and he didn’t want to think about what his parents really thought about him. All he wanted was to get through the day without any more problems.

            As soon as he was done with his task everyone else was pretty much done with work too. They started packing everything up and putting it away. Hoon grabbed his things and started to walk out.

            Right when Hoon put his hand on the doorknob of the back stage door he heard his name. “Hoon wait up!” A voice shouted. Hoon turned around and saw Soohyun running towards him. Soohyun caught up to him and stood next to him. “Okay let’s get going.”

            Hoon bit his lip and looked at Soohyun. “You know I’m not feeling that great anymore. I think I’ll just take the bus home.” He said.

            Soohyun lost his smile. “What? Come on Hoon. I promise that after we go to the place I want to take you then I’ll bring you right home.” He said trying to persuade Hoon to change his mind.

            Hoon thought about for a second and decided that he would go with Soohyun. Besides he said he would bring him home right after. “Okay, I guess I can still go with you.” He said.

            Soohyun put his smile back on. “Excellent. Come on.” He said and then walked out the door. Hoon smiled at how happy Soohyun was.

            They got to Soohyun’s car and they went off into the city. Little did Hoon or Soohyun know what they were going to share.

              

<3<3<3

 

            Soohyun brought Hoon to a lookout. He bought the two of them some yogurt to eat while they were there. Soohyun had vanilla while Hoon was eating the strawberry yogurt. They ate in silence while sitting on the hood of the car.

           Soohyun would look over at Hoon and notice him playing with his yogurt at times. He wanted to comfort him but he just didn’t know how. Not in a moment like this. He never had something like that happen to him.

           The wind blew and Soohyun figured it was time to break the silence. “So did the yogurt help?” He asked.

           Hoon looked over at him and gave a slight nod. “I guess so. I do feel a little better.” He replied. Soohyun nodded and looked back out at the scenery. “Thanks for helping me out back at the theater.” Hoon said out of nowhere.

          Soohyun looked back at him and smiled. “No problem. You just looked like you needed to get away. Plus I didn’t like seeing you like that.” He explained.

          Hoon played with his yogurt again. “You’re probably wondering what happened.” He said.

          Soohyun shook his head. He had to pretend like he didn’t even know. “It’s your business. If you want to tell me you can but if not then I won’t ask about it.” He explained.

          Hoon sighed. “My parents no longer have any faith in me. They don’t think that I can get and keep a job. So this one was basically all set up for me. My uncle promised not to fire me until I found a job on my own and kept it. So much for trusting your son.” He explained.

         Soohyun just looked at him. He was shocked that Hoon was so open with him. He never thought that would happen. He put one hand on Hoon’s shoulder and looked him right in the eye. “Hoon, your parents are just looking out for you. They want you to succeed.” He explained.

        “I guess. I just feel a little betrayed. I don’t like being treated like a child.” Hoon said and then took his last bite of yogurt.

        Hoon was about to get up from the car to through it away but Soohyun took it from him. “I got it.” He said and then got up to throw away the yogurt containers. He threw them away and then slowly walked back over to the front of the car. “We should get going.”

        Hoon nodded and got off of the hood of the car. Soohyun felt something in his heart whenever he looked at Hoon. He had no idea what it was. But whatever it was he liked it. It made him feel happy.

 

<3<3<3

 

        Soohyun pulled up to the parking lot of Hoon’s apartment. He put the car in park and sat there for a second. He looked over at Hoon and noticed that he was zoning. He was completely unaware that he was home.

        Soohyun touched Hoon’s arm and that made Hoon flinch. “It’s okay Hoon. We’re here at your apartment.” Soohyun said.

       Hoon looked around a little and nodded. “Oh, well thanks for the ride.” He said. He tried to get out but Soohyun held onto his arm.

       “Let me walk you to your door. That way I know that you are okay.” Soohyun explained.

       “Uh, okay.” Hoon replied. He thought that it was a weird thing to say but he just went with it. Besides he knew that Soohyun was just looking out for him.

       They both got out of the car and Soohyun walked with Hoon all the way over to the elevator. They got in together and rode it up. Once the door opened Soohyun and Hoon walked down the hall together. Soohyun was looking around.

       “This is a nice place you live in.” Soohyun said.

        Hoon got right to his apartment and stood outside his door. “Yeah it is. Thanks for everything today.” He said.

        Soohyun smiled at him. “It was my pleasure. I had a good time hanging out with you today.” He replied.

        “Yeah I did too. Thanks for being such a good friend. At least there is someone I know who really believes in me.” Hoon said.

        This really touched Soohyun’s heart. He felt something in his heart flame up. Hoon smiled at him and entered his key code. He started to open the door but Soohyun closed it right away. Hoon looked at him in confusion.

         “Soohyun is there something wrong?” Hoon asked him.

         Soohyun looked Hoon in the eyes and then pushed him up against the wall. Hoon was shocked and confused as to what was happening. Soohyun moved in closer and closer to him until finally, their lips touched.

         Hoon couldn’t do anything due to the shock but there was something even weirder about it. He felt like he liked it. He closed his eyes and started to kiss Soohyun back. This caused Soohyun to close whatever space there was between the two boys.

         After a minute Soohyun finally pulled away from Hoon and stepped back. He cleared his throat and looked at him. “Sorry, I don’t know what got a hold of me.” He said.

         Hoon touched his lips and looked away from Soohyun. “No, it’s okay. Um, I’ll see you later.” He said and then entered the key code to his room again. He got into his apartment and closed the door.

         Soohyun smiled and started to walk towards the elevator. He touched his lips and left the apartment feeling happier than he had felt in a long time. Hoon on the other hand was leaning against his door and replaying what just happened in his head over and over again. He was surprised that he liked it but he realized that he too felt really happy. What he thought was a friendship was something more than he expected.

 

A/N: I love this chapter. It hurt me to write the sad part but I enjoyed it because it made me feel happier when it came to the happy part. Okay so next is the Elvin chapter so Elvin fans get ready, However be ready to be a little sad too. This is a fair warning.

Please leave comments to let me know what you think. I would love to read all your opinions. Also if you have any opinions as to what should happen next please leave then because I might just use them and credit you. Thanks for reading :)