Going Against the Family

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

           “Soohyun, Hoon, what the heck is going on here?” Hoon’s uncle asked. He was in so much shock from what he had just seen.

            Soohyun let go of Hoon and stepped back. He rubbed his lips and turned towards Hoon’s uncle. “I tripped and Hoon and I crashed into each other. It was really an accident.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon’s uncle didn’t believe it. “Yeah I don’t really believe you. There was too much going on right there so I really don’t think that you just bumped into each other. So, tell me the truth.” He said.

            Soohyun was about to open his mouth to object again but Hoon put his hand on his shoulder. Soohyun turned around and looked him in the eyes. Hoon nodded his head and walked in front of him.

            “Uncle Minwoo, the truth is, Soohyun and I have been together for some time now. We’ve been trying to keep it a secret considering that it might ruin Soohyun’s image. I’m sorry that we couldn’t tell you.” Hoon explained.

            After hearing that Hoon’s uncle bit his lip really hard and made his hands into fists. He turned around and took a big breath. He was trying his hardest not explode and attract too much attention. Not with the door open anyway. He closed the door and then looked back at the two boys.

            “How long has this been going on?” Hoon’s uncle asked.

            Hoon sighed. “A few months.” Hoon admitted.

            His uncle was still trying hard not to explode. “Soohyun please excuse us. I need to talk to Hoon for a little bit.” He said.

            Soohyun shook his head. “No, whatever you say to him you can say to me. I’m not leaving his side.” He replied.

            Hoon was about to protest to that but his uncle just started to run his mouth. “Fine, this, is not going to work out. You may have gotten away with this for a few months but it’s over. Do you know how bad the media is going to be if this ever gets out? Break this up now.” He threatened.

            Soohyun was also going to explode. “Hey, you cannot decide what happens to us. If I want to be in a gay relationship then I will. I don’t care if it ruins my image.” He shouted.

            “Soohyun, you don’t know what is going to happen. The media is going to eat you alive and then look at all the hard work you have done over the year. It will go down the drain. Being with another man can really hurt you. Especially if that man is my nephew.” Hoon’s uncle said trying to talk some sense into Soohyun.

            “I don’t care about that. I can’t change the fact that I’m with a man. If it wasn’t Hoon then it would just be another man.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon’s uncle was not going to give up. “Really think about this Soohyun. Your fans will be crushed and then the next time you put out an album your sales aren’t going to be that great. If anyone finds out about this relationship then we are all done for.” He said.

            Soohyun shook his head. “I don’t care about any of that. If being in this relationship means that I have to give up my career then I will. Nothing else matters to me.” He explained.

            Hoon’s uncle just couldn’t get through. “Soohyun, why are you doing this? What is so special about this relationship between you and my nephew?”

            “I’m doing this for me. The thing is, I think I love him.” Soohyun replied.

            Hoon’s eyes grew really big. He never thought he would hear those words from another man. But considering his situation he should have expected it sooner or later. The truth was though, that he found that he loved him too.

            Hoon’s uncle sighed and put his hands in his pocket. He realized that after hearing that that he wasn’t going to get Soohyun to change his mind. He had to just except all of this. “Do your parents know about this?” He asked Soohyun.

            “They know, and let’s just say that my father was not so thrilled about it.” He replied.

            Hoon’s uncle nodded. “Hoon, do your parents know?” He asked.  

            Hoon shook his head. “No, I haven’t talked to them about anything really.” He replied.

            Hoon’s uncle shook his head. “Hoon, you are going to have to tell them sooner or later. You can’t hide this forever.” He said.

            “I know that. I just don’t know how to tell them. Just give me a little more time to think of something.” Hoon said.

            “Alright, but I want the both of you to know that I’ll keep this a secret for all our sakes. But, you guys need to keep on working. Don’t let something like this ever happen again. You’re lucky that it was only me this time. Be more careful next time.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            “We will. We promise.” Hoon said.

            “Okay good. Now both of you get back to work. Hoon, go to my desk and make a few phone calls for me. The names and numbers are there as well as why they are getting called.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            “Okay, I’ll get right on it.” Hoon replied.

            “Good now say your goodbyes, when I’m not looking, and get to work.” Hoon’s uncle said and then turned around to go out the door. He opened the door and then exited while closing the door behind him.

            Soohyun let out a long breath. “That was a really close one. Minwoo Hyung is cooler than I thought he was.” He replied.

            Hoon smiled. “Yeah he is.” He said.

            “Well, I guess you have to get to work. I’ll let you get back to it.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon turned to look at him. He had on his big soft eyes that Soohyun couldn’t resist. “Soohyun, do you really love me?” He asked.

            Soohyun smiled and kissed Hoon one more time. “With all my heart. I love you Yeo Hoonmin.” He replied.

            “I love you too Shin Soohyun.” Hoon replied. He gave Soohyun another peck on the lips and smiled. He left the room after that to get back to work.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Hoon was sitting at the office desk making calls when he heard the elevator open. He looked over to see who it was. He didn’t like what he saw. Soohyun’s parents came out of the elevator and started walking towards his personal recording room.

            Since Hoon was in clear sight he turned around in his chair hoping that Soohyun’s parents wouldn’t look his way. He picked up the phone in order to look like he was busy with something. Once Soohyun’s parents were out of sight Hoon turned back around and sighed. He sighed and wondered why they were here. He didn’t see any good coming out from this at all.

            Bora walked over to his desk and sighed. “That’s Soohyun’s parents. I heard that he’s one of the meanest guys around.” She said.

            “Why is that?” Hoon asked pretending that he didn’t know a thing about it.

            “No one really knows. But whenever he comes here someone usually gets fired. It doesn’t matter what department there in. Someone usually gets fired. I wonder who it is this time.” Bora said.

            Hoon swallowed. “I think that you’ll be fine. You do a really good job here so you won’t get fired.” He replied trying to hide the fact that he knew that he was going to get fired.

            “Well we’re just going to have to find out aren’t we?” Bora said in a depressed voice and walked away. Hoon knew he was done for.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Soohyun’s father stormed into his recording room and slammed the door behind him leaving Soohyun’s mother outside. “So Soohyun, what is it going to be?” He asked him.

            Soohyun rolled his eyes and looked at his manager. “You see Minwoo hyung, this is the face of a man that can’t be understanding and can’t have faith in his own son.” He said.

            “Wait, you knew about the situation?” Soohyun’s father asked.

            Hoon’s uncle shook his head. “Not until today. I was completely oblivious to it. The boys hid it very well.” He explained.

            “You don’t find this a problem Mr. Seo? Your job is to make sure that Soohyun stays on track and get his work done. Not to stand by and watch him ruin his life by being with another man.” Soohyun’s father said.

            Hoon’s uncle stood up straight and put his hands in his pockets. He sighed and looked Soohyun’s father in the eyes. “You’re right. My job is to make sure he stays on track and get his work done. But I am not his baby sitter. I am not in charge of what happens to him twenty-four seven. But what happens in his personal life I could care less about. His professional life though I will take responsibility for. I have to say that he is focused and almost all set for his upcoming album. There is nothing wrong with him being with my nephew.” He explained.

            Soohyun’s father looked like he was about to kill someone. “Have you not thought that what he chose in his personal life could ruin his professional one? Minwoo he can ruin his career in a second. Is that what you want?” He said on the break of yelling.

            Soohyun decided to put his two cents in there. “Dad how many times do I have to tell you that I don’t care if I ruin my career anymore? If my album sales drop then I am fine with that. If I can’t be with Hoon because of my profession then I don’t want to work anymore.” He said.

            His father was seriously about to blow. “Soohyun you have worked too hard to blow it now. Don’t do this to yourself.” He said trying to talk some sense into Soohyun.

            Soohyun got up from his couch and started to walk towards the door. “Let me show you how serious I am when I say I don’t care.” He said and then opened the door to see his mother standing right there.

            “Soohyun don’t you dare do what I think you are going to do.” His father said.

            Soohyun shook his head and walked past his mother. This caused his father to storm after him with Hoon’s uncle and Soohyun’s mother close behind. Soohyun walked all the way over to the main office where Hoon was working and answering the phone.

            Hoon noticed Soohyun and his parents along with his uncle behind him. Soohyun grabbed his wrist and was about to pull him up. “Soohyun.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun looked at him and then Hoon had a face on that was asking him what he was doing. Soohyun ignored it and pulled Hoon up so that they were now close to the same height. Soohyun stared into Hoon’s eyes and from that Hoon knew exactly what he was going to do.

            “Soohyun, don’t do it.” He said softly.

            Soohyun still had a very strong grip on Hoon. He wasn’t going to let him go. Not now. “I have to Hoon. I need to prove a point.” He said.

            “Please, don’t do this now. I don’t think I’m ready for everyone to know.” Hoon said very softly.

            “Like I said, I’ll protect you.” Soohyun replied.

            With the one free hand he had he pulled Hoon closer and placed his lips onto his. This caused the whole floor to stop and look at them in shock. It just so happened that the CEO was on that very floor that day and saw the whole thing go down. He was in shock at first but he regained his composure. He started to tell people to get back to work.

            Soohyun pulled away and looked Hoon right in the eyes. “I hope you are ready for some fireworks.” He said.

            “That’s it! Shin Soohyun you are a disgrace to our family. You are coming with me and leaving this life behind.” His father said and tried to pull him away. But Soohyun shook him off.

            “I’m not leaving. Not with you. Forget about it dad. I am going to be with Hoon and there is nothing that you can do about it. Come on Hoon. I’ll take you home now.” Soohyun said and then grabbed Hoon’s arm and started to pull him to the elevator. They got in and rode it all the way down to the lobby. Soohyun stormed out once the doors opened and pulled all the way over to his car. He put Hoon in the passenger’s seat and he got into the driver’s and drove off as fast as he could.

            Soohyun drove all the way to Hoon’s apartment. He parked the car and sat back after turning the engine off. He ran his hands through his hair and then looked at Hoon. Hoon didn’t know what to make of the current situation. He was just in so much shock from Soohyun kissing him in front of everyone.

            Soohyun felt guilty and selfish for what he had just done. He was only thinking about how it would have affected him and not about how it would affect Hoon. “Hoon, I’m sorry for what I did. It was very selfish of me to do that to you. I wasn’t thinking. I’m so sorry.” He apologized.

            Hoon didn’t move. He just kept looking down. But then he finally processed everything and looked up at Soohyun. “It’s okay. It was bound to happen sooner or later. But why are we at my apartment now?” He asked.

            “We can’t go to my apartment and you seemed a little too much in shock so I didn’t want to bring you anywhere public.” Soohyun explained.

            “Oh, okay. Well since you’re here we might as well go inside. Come on before someone actually notices who you are.” Hoon said and then got out of the car. Soohyun sighed and followed. He knew that for a very long time he was going to be having the roughest time of his life.

 

<3<3<3

 

            A week had passed and Soohyun was hanging out at Hoon’s apartment since his manager suggested that he and Hoon take a few weeks off for the whole thing to die down. Luckily for them the whole situation never left the office. Soohyun figured that the CEO must have made a very big threat in order for no one to tell anyone else.

            Soohyun was sitting on the couch watching TV. Well his eyes were on the TV but his mind was somewhere else. He was stressing about the whole thing in general. There were times where he could hide it very well while other times he just couldn’t hold it in.

            Hoon snuck up behind Soohyun and wrapped his arms around his broad shoulders. Soohyun turned his head and smiled. “Are you okay?” Hoon asked him.

            “I’ve been better.” Soohyun admitted.

            Hoon kissed Soohyun’s cheek and wrapped his arms tighter around him. “Everything is going to work out fine. I wouldn’t worry about it. As long as no one tells the press then I think your career is safe.” He explained.

            “I’m not worried about that. Honestly I’m worried about my family. When my father is angry he can seriously keep a grudge. Sometimes he can even get violent. He wouldn’t hit anyone or anything but he just doesn’t think rationally.” Soohyun explained.

            Hoon sighed and kissed his cheek again and let go. He walked around to sit on the couch next to Soohyun. Soohyun put his arm around Hoon’s shoulders and pulled him towards his chest.

            “Your family is strong Soohyun. Everything is going to be okay.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun took in a deep breath. “I sure hope so.” He replied. All of a sudden there was a vibration on the side table. Soohyun’s phone was ringing. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was his mother. “Mom?”

            “Soohyun something has happened.” She said in a panicked voice.

            “What is it?” He asked.

            “You father has been in a car accident. He’s unconscious and they don’t know if there is any brain activity.” His mother said very quickly.

            “Mom clam down. Where are you right now?” He asked her.

            “I’m at the hospital. Honey I really think you should be here right now. Your noona is here and you can bring your friend. I just need you here.” His mother said. Soohyun could tell by her voice that she was about to cry.

            “I’ll be right there mom. Hold on.” Soohyun replied. He hung up the phone and looked at Hoon.

            “What’s wrong?” Hoon asked him.

            “Hoon, we need to get going. Something serious has happened and I need you. Will you come with me?” Soohyun asked.

            Hoon looked at him and nodded. “I will always be there when you need me.” He replied.

            Soohyun smiled and got up from the couch. Hoon followed and they both grabbed jackets, their wallets, and then they left. Soohyun’s stress had just become even worse with this. But he hoped that his father would be okay.

 

A/N: Yeah I can make the father seem like a real uptight person. Good to know that Hoon's uncle was excepting though right? Anyway for the next chapter I might do something different. I might just make it a Eli and Aj point of view. I feel like all you 2seop and Elvin fans haven't really been getting those so I will do Aj and Eli's point of view just to help you guys out, Then obviously a Soohoon and then back to a Vinseop chapter if I do decide to do the point of views. If not then expect another Vinseop chapter. Thanls to all my subscibers and thanks for reading. Please comments because I love reading them. P.S: Wow over 1250 views? Thanks guys coudn't have done it without you. Thank you all :)