No longer a Secret

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            For a whole week Hoon and Soohyun were unable to see each other. Soohyun had gone over seas for a fan meet and for a little mini concert. So Hoon took this time to try and spend time with his family. As much as he was still upset with his family, he figured that he should at least spend time with them so that they knew he was alright.

            “Hoon, how has work been with your uncle?” His mother asked.

            Hoon took a bite of his food and then swallowed. “It’s been good. I go back to work tomorrow since uncle Minwoo comes back with Soohyun.” He explained.

            “You and Soohyun seem to be really close now. What is it like working for a superstar?” His mother asked.

            “Yeah, is it a demanding job as well or is it pretty laid back?” His father asked him.

            “It can be demanding and laid back at the same time. It just depends on what job Uncle Minwoo wants to give me for the day. But most of the time now I have to watch over Soohyun and make sure he gets to his appointments and makes all his shows and interviews. It’s not that hard of a job but he can be very tricky.” Hoon explained.

            “What do you mean by that?” His mother asked.

            Hoon’s eyes grew wide. He knew that when Soohyun wanted to be alone with him he would always say that he had another performance when really he would just take him in the car and go out on a date. He had to think of something to cover that up.

            “Well, sometimes he doesn’t want to go back to the headquarters so he tries to think of ways in order to not go back. He’s pretty good at it.” Hoon said.

            “Ah I see. Have you and your uncle been getting along?” Hoon’s father asked.

            Hoon looked him in the eye and put down his utensils. “We’ve had our differences. There are times where we really don’t get along and we don’t see the same way about certain things but I can say that we are closer now then we were before.” He explained.

            “At least that’s going well. We hoped that would be the case.” His mother said.

            Hoon wanted to talk to them about how they basically set up the job for them but he was still so upset about it that he didn’t want to talk to them about it just yet. His phone had just vibrated and he opened it to find a text from Soohyun.

            Hey Hoon did you miss me? I just got home and I would love to see you tonight. Do you think we could meet someplace tonight? I could also meet you at your apartment. It’s up to you. I just want to see you though.

            Hoon smiled upon seeing the text. He started to text Soohyun back with a giant grin on his face.

            Are you kidding me? Of course I missed you. I’m currently with my parents right now but we can meet someplace. I really want to see you too. Maybe you can give me directions to your apartment since I’m already going to be driving around. I don’t want you to be traveling a lot just for my sake. I’ll meet you at your apartment.

            Once Hoon sent the text he looked up and his mother and father were looking at him. “Who was that honey?” His mother asked.

            “Oh that was Uncle Minwoo telling me that they just got back home safely and that I’m going to have to catch up on a lot of work tomorrow. That’s all.” Hoon explained.

            His parents nodded and continued to eat their food. Hoon received another text message from Soohyun agreeing to meet at his apartment. There were directions to Soohyun’s apartment and that made Hoon a little restless. He wanted to go see him right away.

            Hoon looked at his watch and then over at his parents. “Sorry mom and dad but I have to go. I have to meet up with a friend of mines.” He said.

            “Oh, okay honey well make sure you drive safely.” His mother said.

            “Yeah watch out for all the other crazy drivers on the road.” His father added.

            “Okay I will. Bye, love you guys.” Hoon said and then got up and left his parents’ house to finally see Soohyun after a week.  

 

<3<3<3

 

            Hoon pulled up to Soohyun’s apartment building and it almost made Hoon’s apartment building look like nothing. This building looked like it was just built and it had a very rich people feeling to it.

            Hoon walked inside and over to the elevator. Soohyun’s room was on the sixth floor so he pushed the button for the sixth floor and the doors closed. He leaned back in the elevator waiting while it was going up. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest. At that moment he knew that all he wanted was to see Soohyun. The closer he was getting to Soohyun’s apartment the faster his heart was beating and the more he wanted to see him.

            The elevator doors opened and Hoon rushed out of it in and looked around. He followed the numbers on the doors. He started walking down the hall a little faster as he was approaching Soohyun’s apartment. Then he was in front of his apartment.

            Hoon stood there for a little while and stared at the door. He was so nervous that he took in a deep breath and let it out. He looked at the door one last second and then gathered the nerve to knock. He knocked on the door and waited.

            Soohyun almost immediately opened the door. He rubbed one of his eyes and then looked to see Hoon. His eyes grew wide at the sight of Hoon. But then he smiled. “Hey Hoon, come on in.” He said and then gestured Hoon to come in.

            Hoon nodded and walked inside. It was not the greeting that he wanted or thought that he was going to get after being away from each other for a week since they almost spent every single day together since they got together.

            Soohyun watched Hoon walk inside and then closed the door. Hoon was looking around the apartment since he had never been in there before. He found that it was a lot nicer than his own. But he didn’t expect anything less from a huge k-pop idol.

            “Hey do you want something to drink? I have basically anything.” Soohyun said and then walked over to his kitchen.

            “Oh, I’ll have a soda.” Hoon said and then walked around a little more. “It’s a really nice place we have here.”

            “Yeah my parents wanted to make sure that I at least lived someplace decent since they knew that I would be working half the time. They wanted me to come home to something nice. It gives them just a little piece of mind.” Soohyun explained.

            “Well it’s really nice.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun smiled and got a soda out of the refrigerator. He walked back over to where Hoon was and handed it to him. “Here, nice and cold.”

            “Thanks. So how was your trip?” Hoon asked just to start a conversation.

            “It went really well. The fans in China are really cool. We almost had a problem at the concert though because so many people that some started to get squished while others were sneaking in when it was already packed. But besides that it went really well.” Soohyun explained. He went to go sit down on the couch.

            Hoon took a sip of his soda and went to go sit down on a chair across from Soohyun. “It sounds like you had fun though.” He replied.

            “It was. But anyway what have you been doing while I was away?” Soohyun asked.

            “Nothing really. Uncle Minwoo gave me the week off so I have just been running around. Plus I spent some time with my parents. As much as I didn’t really want to but it was still nice to get together.” Hoon explained.

            “Oh, I see.” Soohyun said and sounded a bit disappointed.

            Hoon noticed that. From that he knew that Soohyun was actually trying really hard not to just take him in his arms. He was trying to be decent but Hoon knew that they both missed each other way too much. So instead he decided that he was going to break this awkward moment.

            Hoon stood up from his seat and put down his soda on the table. He walked over to where Soohyun was and smiled. He put his knee’s on the sides of Soohyun’s legs and basically sat on his lap. He placed his arms around Soohyun’s neck and stared into his eyes. Then he moved in for a kiss.

            Once their lips touched the atmosphere no longer seemed strange. Soohyun moved his hands around Hoon’s waist and moved him so that he was now under him. Soohyun pulled away and pressed his forehead against Hoon’s. “I guess we really did miss each other.” Soohyun said.

            “After being together every day do you really think that I wouldn’t miss you?” Hoon replied.

            Soohyun smiled and went back to kissing Hoon. He had missed those sweet, soft, innocent lips. He missed them more than anyone could have imagined. He started to move away from Hoon’s lips and down to his jaw bone and then his neck. Hoon was starting to breathe heavily at the feeling of Soohyun’s lips on his neck.

            As Soohyun was still caressing Hoon’s neck there was a knock on the door. Hoon stopped Soohyun for a second. “Soohyun someone is at the door.” He said.

            “They’ll leave when no one answers.” Soohyun said and then went back to kissing Hoon.

            There was one more knock on the door but this time a voice came with it. “Soohyun open the door this instant. I know you’re in there because your manager told me. Open up now.” The man said.

            Soohyun stopped kissing Hoon and shot his head up. “Aw crap this isn’t good. Okay Hoon if he asks you’re here to talk about my schedule.” He explained.

            Hoon was confused. “Wait who is it?” He asked.

            Soohyun got up and walked halfway to the door. “The man at the door is my father.” He replied.

            Hoon’s eyes went wide. He sat up on the couch and fixed his hair. He looked at Soohyun and he felt a little nervous again. Soohyun nodded and opened the door. There standing in the doorway was his father, mother, and noona.

            “It’s about time you answer the door.” His father said. He then looked past Soohyun and saw Hoon on the couch. “Oh you have company.”

            Hoon stood up from the couch and bowed. “I’m sorry sir. I was just leaving.” He said and then started to walk towards the door.

            “Oh no it’s okay you can stay. We just came to check up on Soohyun.” His mother said.

            “Yeah we don’t mind. We would love to have you with us. Besides, we interrupted you two.” His noona said.

            Hoon looked at Soohyun. Soohyun nodded and then his whole family came in. He closed the door and ran his hand through his hair. Hoon could tell that he was already stressed at the fact that his family was here. Soohyun went into the kitchen to grab them all a drink.

            Soohyun’s family sat down on the couch across from the one that Hoon and Soohyun had just been on. Soohyun’s dad had no idea why Hoon was there so he decided that he would investigate. “So why were you here today?” He asked very directly.

            “I was here to discuss Soohyun’s schedule for the next couple days. I’m his assistant manager and that is what I’m put in charge of.” Hoon explained.

            “What’s your name dear?” Soohyun’s mother asked.

            “Yeo Hoonmin, but everyone just calls me Hoon.” Hoon introduced himself.

            “That’s a really nice name. You’re cute too.” Soohyun’s noona said.

            Soohyun overheard that and gave her a very glaring look. She looked at him and took the hint that this was the guy that her little brother was basically with. But she just smiled and tried to pretend that Hoon wasn’t the guy that Soohyun was with.

            “So how did you manage to get this job?” Soohyun’s father asked.

            “Well, Soohyun’s manager is my uncle so when I couldn’t find or keep a job he took me in and gave me the job and title of assistant manager.” Hoon explained.

            This didn’t seem to please Soohyun’s father. “So basically you got this job through charity. You failed to keep a job probably because you are incompetent and you were insubordinate. Am I wrong?” He asked.

            This shocked the whole family. None of them knew Soohyun’s father to be that blunt. But Soohyun felt something inside him burning with anger. Hoon on the other hand just didn’t know what to do.

            “Well that isn’t entirely true. But-.” Hoon was cut off.

            “But you have been trying to get a job and you’ve managed to keep this one for a while now. Is that what you were going to say?” Soohyun’s father asked.

            Soohyun slammed the refrigerator door and looked at his father. “Dad! What the hell? He’s just here doing his job?” He yelled.

            Soohyun’s dad looked at Soohyun. “Is his job to almost ruin you? There is something going one between you two isn’t there?” He asked calmly.

            Soohyun looked at his father with wide eyes. “How did you know about that?” Soohyun asked.

            “Isn’t it obvious? When we came you seemed a bit winded. I would only assume that was because of what you two were doing. Also when he attempted to leave I noticed the marking on his neck. Not also to mention that your sister seemed to let it slip just a little bit. I’m a smart man Soohyun, I can figure out anything.” Soohyun’s father explained.

            Soohyun sighed and then looked at Hoon. “Dad, it’s not what you think.” He said.

            “I think it’s exactly what I think. This boy here is someone who is looking for a job but can’t manage to keep one without the help of his family members and when he finds a young rich man he decides to take advantage of him.” His father said.

            “It’s really not like that. That isn’t my intention at all.” Hoon said trying to defend himself.

            “I don’t really care. If word gets out that my son is gay then his career might be over. So I want you to stay away from him from now on.” Soohyun’s father said.

            “Dad, what are you talking about?” Soohyun said.

            “Son, if you two don’t break up then I am no longer going to allow you to go on with this career. Plus I will make sure that he won’t keep the job he has now.” His father said.

            “Honey what are you talking about?” Soohyun’s mother said.

            “Dad that is too much.” Soohyun’s noona said.

            “I have made my decision. So what is it going to be?” Soohyun’s father asked.

            Hoon couldn’t take this anymore. He stood up from the couch and walked out of the door. Soohyun was about to go after him but his father grabbed his arm. “Dad let me go.” He said.

            “Soohyun, we need to talk about this some more.” His father replied.

 

<3<3<3

 

            The next day Hoon tried to stay as far away from Soohyun as possible. He didn’t want Soohyun’s father to pull him out of the industry because he knew that Soohyun loved it so much. Just being together wasn’t going to be enough for Hoon if it meant that Soohyun had to give up his dream. He didn’t want that at all.

            However, Soohyun wasn’t thinking about that at all. He just wanted to talk to Hoon about what had happened. He was trying to find Hoon the whole day. He finally managed to find him in the break room. He grabbed his arm and pulled him all the way back into his personal recording room.

            Soohyun closed the door but he completely forgot to lock it since his mind was racing. “Hoon are you okay from what happened yesterday?” He asked.

            Hoon nodded. “I’m fine. I just didn’t see any of that coming.” He explained.

            “I am so sorry for the way my father acted. He has no idea what he’s talking about.” Soohyun replied.

            Hoon shook his head. “Soohyun, he was right. I have never been able to keep a job because when I do get one I get insubordinate after a while. Sometimes I really am incompetent so I either get fired or quit. I have never been successful in finding the right job. I graduated top of my class in college and high school but I apparently just can’t keep a job.” He explained.

            “Hoon, you don’t need another job. You are fine working here with me. Your uncle may have agreed to let you keep this job until you find another job but if you wanted to stay I’m sure that he would agree. If he doesn’t then I’ll hire you myself.” Soohyun explained.

            Hoon sighed and closed his eyes. “But your father-.” He was cut off by Soohyun.

            “My father has nothing to do with this. I am a grown man and I don’t need him making decisions for me. I know what I want and that is you. So please, I know what he said really hurt you but you and I know the truth. I will protect you Hoon. He can’t hurt us anymore.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon looked into Soohyun’s eyes. He knew that he was telling the truth when he said that he would protect him. Hoon walked closer to Soohyun and wrapped his arms around him. He buried his face in his shoulder and let out a few silent tears.

            Soohyun wrapped his arms around Hoon and held him close. He kissed him on the top of his head and rubbed his back. He was angry on the inside at his father. The thing that bothered him the most though was that he had no idea why his father so was blunt. What did Hoon ever do to him?

            Hoon moved and kissed Soohyun’s neck. Then he started to move up to his lips. The first kiss was small but then it started to grow more passionate. The more they kissed the more heated they both started to get. Soohyun pushed Hoon towards the wall and pinned him to it.

            As the two were kissing they heard the door slam against that wall. This startled both of them. Soohyun looked back to see Hoon’s uncle standing there in shock. Hoon looked past Soohyun and then he knew that they were so done for.

            “What the hell is happening here?” Hoon’s uncle asked.

            Soohyun sighed and looked down. “.”

 

A/N: Aw cliff hanger. Now you have met Soohyun's dad. So now I guess you can vote on who you want to get hurt most. For some of you I know you think that they are going to die but they just might not. I haven't totally decided yet. All I am sure of is that something tragic has to happen to one. Remember that the story is going to go the way you vote it. I will say that if you vote for one of them that something is going to happen quicker if you vote the other. So PLEASE VOTE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!! Also I want to ask you guys, since it's a cliff hanger do you want me to continue with the Soohoon or just do as I usually do and just go to Vinseop? I am willing to do either one. Just remember that if I do another Soohoon the next chapter then I'm going to have to do two Vinseop in a row. Please remember to leave comments because I love reading them. Thanks for reading :)

Urget: I will close the voting in about three days. Make sure to choose either Hoon's Uncle or Soohyun's Dad. It all depends on you.