Chapter 1: First Day on the Job

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            It was a bright Monday morning when Hoon had woken up in his apartment. He looked at the clock and moaned. He got up from his bed and walked over to his bathroom. He looked in the mirror and sighed at seeing his horrible bed head.

            “Today is the day. At least try and enjoy it.” Hoon said to himself. Hoon thought about how he got his job in the first place.

            Hoon had been looking for a job for a few months but he didn’t have any luck. One day though at a family gathering his uncle had been complaining about how he had just too much work on his hands. His uncle was a manager for one of the biggest kpop idols. He was the manager of Shin Soohyun. Of course his parents desperate of him getting a job dropped a few hints to his uncle.

            “Minwoo, Hoon needs a job so maybe he could work as your assistant.” Hoon’s mother suggested.

            “Yeah he is a very hard worker. He went to college and everything. Hoon wouldn’t you like to work with your uncle?” Hoon’s father asked him.

            Hoon shrugged his shoulders. “I guess so. I just don’t think I’m into that kind of thing though.” He explained.

            Hoon’s uncle sighed and looked at his food. He didn’t want to work with his nephew but at the same time he didn’t want to say no to his sister and his brother –in-law. “Hoon come work with me. The pay will be good and as soon as you find another job that you like, you can quit working for me.” His offered.

            Hoon turned to look at his parents. They both smiled and nodded their heads at him. Hoon turned towards his uncle and put on a fake smile. “Thanks Uncle Minwoo. That’s very kind of you.” He said pretending to be grateful when really he would have rather have been homeless.

            So Hoon got ready for his first day on the job. He was supposed to meet his uncle outside of his apartment building so that on the way to the studio he could get all the assignments that he was supposed to do. Hoon grabbed his cell phone and a bag filled with all his necessities and walked out the door. He was going to have a life changing experience.

            As Hoon walked out of the building his uncle was sitting in his car playing with his phone. Hoon looked at him and rolled his eyes. Hoon never really liked his uncle because he took his job way too seriously. Even when he was little he would always refuse to play with him because he would be answering a phone call or making plans for the idol he was managing. He never made any time for his family. Even if he was there physically he was never there mentally.

            Hoon approached the car and opened the door to the passenger’s side. He sat down and didn’t even look at his uncle. “You are late.” His uncle said.

            “Uncle, I’m only ten minutes late. That’s almost nothing.” Hoon said trying to reason with him.

            “Hoon, in this business you have to be early or perfectly on time. But knowing that you would be late I actually picked you up early. But from now one please try to be on time.” His uncle explained.

            Hoon rolled his eyes and nodded. His uncle put down his phone and started to drive off. Hoon just sat in the seat as quiet as can be. As much as he didn’t care for his uncle, he always had respect for a person while they were working. So he just stayed quiet for the whole car ride. He didn’t want to disturb his uncle in any way.

            Hoon’s uncle pulled up to the label company’s headquarters and parked in his designated parking spot. His uncle put the car in park and turned off the engine. Hoon’s uncle didn’t move and instead turned to look at Hoon. Hoon looked up and looked at his uncle.

            Hoon’s uncle sighed. “Okay Hoon, I’m going to be honest with you right now. Today I’m going to give you one simple job. You need to sit at my desk and just answer all the calls that come in. If they’re from people trying to advertise products you gently turn them down. If they are people calling for schools turn them down as well. TV shows ask them when it is and then I’ll give you a calendar to write down and also check to see if the day is open. Soohyun doesn’t do more than two performances and showings a day. And that’s all you need to know. Did you get all of that?” He asked.

            Hoon was in shock about all the details. He never knew it was that detailed. He just thought that it was a do this, do that, get me a coffee kind of job. But his uncle was really going to put him to work. That was something that he never expected. He blinked and widened his eyes for a second. “Yeah I think I got it.” He replied.

            His uncle shook his head. “Either you got it Hoon or you don’t. I’m giving you an important job. If you screw this up then I’m going to have to fix it and I will make you help me. So do you get what you are supposed to do?” He asked again.

            “Okay I got it. You don’t need to threaten me about it.” Hoon said.

            Hoon’s uncle scoffed and clenched his fist. “Alright then. Let’s get going.” He said with a touch of anger in his voice.

            Hoon rolled his eyes again and then got out of the car. He followed his uncle into the building and looked around a bit. The main lobby was huge and there were so many people walking around. Hoon was so amazed at the whole place that he started to get distracted.

            “Hoon, follow me. We’re already running late.” His uncle said.

            Hoon redirected his attention and ran after his uncle. “Sorry uncle Minwoo. I just got a little distracted.” Hoon admitted.

            “I know but after you are done here at the end of the day then you can look around. But as of right now you and I need to get a move on.” His uncle said.

            The two of them walked over to the elevator and waited for it for a little while. Hoon took a moment to just look around and take in all that he could. The elevator door finally opened and both he and his uncle entered and pressed the button to head up to the fourth floor. The door closed immediately after that.

            Hoon’s uncle didn’t say anything to him in the elevator. Hoon looked over at him once in a while and could tell that there was something that his uncle wanted to say to him but he just couldn’t. Just as Hoon was going to say something the elevator doors opened and his uncle immediately walked out.

            “Come with me Hoon.” He said and then Hoon snickered and walked out of the elevator.

            His uncle was walking through the office and all the other workers there were greeting him. This was not something that Hoon had ever thought that he was going to see. He expected people to be hiding or acting like nothing was going wrong. But it seemed like everyone actually liked his uncle.

            As they both turned a corner Hoon noticed a desk that was empty but had a bunch of papers on it. His uncle pulled out the chair and gestured for Hoon to sit down. He walked over to the chair and sat down.

            “This is your work station for now Hoon. Just answer the phone calls and if you ever find yourself bored you can help me organize these papers. You remember what I said to you in the car right?” His uncle asked.

            “Yeah I got it uncle Minwoo. You can go off doing your job and I’ll handle everything here.” Hoon said in bit of a sassy voice.

            “Alright that’s what I want to hear. If you need help with anything then just let someone around the office know and they’ll be happy to help you.” His uncle said. Hoon nodded and then his uncle walked off.

            Hoon observed all the papers on the desk and already started to organize them by date. Just as he got a few papers organized a girl came up to him. She was wearing a black button up shirt and a dark blue skirt.

            “Hi I’m Bora. I work in the promotion department.” She said.

            Hoon looked up from his papers and looked at her. “Hi I’m Yeo Hoonmin but everyone calls me Hoon.” He explained.

            Bora smiled and looked at the cluttered desk. “So I’m guessing you’re the new assistant Minwoo Oppa was talking about getting.” She said.

            Hoon shivered at the word oppa being referred to his uncle. “Yeah but I’m actually his nephew.” Hoon said.

            “Really? No wonder it seemed like you two were close already.” She explained to him.

            “Honestly we’re not that close. But I guess that’s why I have this job.” Hoon replied to her.

            “I see. Well I wish you luck on your first day and if you need anything just call and I’ll help you out.” Bora offered.

            “Okay thanks Bora.” Hoon said and then went back to sorting papers. Bora nodded and walked off. Hoon shook his head and let out a long breath. He had no idea what he was about to get himself into.

 

$$$

 

            At the end of the day Hoon was just waiting for his uncle to come back to pick him up. All he had done the whole day was answer the phone that barely rang and sort some papers. Even some of the other employees gave Hoon some work because he just looked so bored and he was dying to do anything than just sit there waiting for the phone to ring.

            As Hoon was still sitting at the desk and waiting when had received a text from his uncle. It read:

            Hoon, I’m going to be a little late. But if you could do me a favor just to keep you occupied while I make my way over there. I sent some boxes of files to the front desk and if you could pick them up, bring them to my desk, and sort those out by name and date that would be nice. You don’t have to finish it today.

            Hoon sighed and started to get a bit of rage. “You couldn’t have given me this work when I was actually looking for something to do.” He said with irritation in his voice.

            As Hoon was walking to the elevator he was mumbling to himself. It was the only way that he could really calm down when he felt irritated or angry. Hoon hit the elevator button several times just because he was really starting to get impatient. The elevator finally opened and Hoon got inside. He hit the lobby button and went down.

            Once Hoon was in the lobby he went right up to the secretary at the front desk. “Hi, Lee Minwoo left a few boxes here and I’m here to retrieve them.” Hoon said.

            “Oh okay. You must be his new assistant then.” The girl said.

            Hoon nodded. “Something like that.” He replied to her.

            “Must be fun working for him. He’s such a nice guy. Plus he’s the manager of Shin Soohyun. Man I wish I could work with him every day.” The secretary said.

            “Yeah that seems like it would be fun. But I have to get the boxes and get going.” Hoon said just so that he could get away and just sort those files out.

            “Oh of course sorry.” The secretary said. She stood up from her desk and pulled out the boxes from under another desk. There were three boxes. She handed each of them to Hoon. “Are you sure you can handle those heavy boxes all by yourself?” She asked.

            Hoon picked them all up and they did feel a little heavy but he had carried heavier than that. “I’ll be fine. Thanks though. Have a good night.” Hoon said and then walked off.

            Hoon had made it all the way to his desk when he put the boxes down. But when he put them down one fell and everything inside completely fell out. This did not help Hoon’s mood at all. He walked over to the box and started picking up the files. As he was doing this he noticed another pair of hands helping him pick up the files. He didn’t look up right away because he was so focused on picking up the files.

            When all the files were put back in the box Hoon decided to look up and thank the person who helped him. When he finally looked up he saw something that he didn’t expect to see at all. It was Shin Soohyun.

            “Oh, thanks for helping me with the files.” Hoon said and then bowed to the older male.

            “No problem. It seemed like you had a bit of a rough day and I figured that you needed a little help. You must be Minwoo hyung’s nephew.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon was surprised to hear that Soohyun knew of him. “Yes, my name is Yeo Hoonmin, but everyone calls me Hoon.” He said.

            Soohyun smiled and had a little giggle. “Hoon, that’s a really nice name. Well keep up the good work and then maybe we’ll see each other around later.” Soohyun said and then started to walk away.

            Hoon watched Soohyun leave and then snapped out of the temporary trance he was in. “Come on Hoon you got to get to work.” He said to himself.

            Hoon pulled out a few files when he heard his uncle talking. “Oh Soohyun I didn’t expect you to still be here.” He said.

            “Yeah I was just leaving. I just met your nephew.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon’s uncle was nervous. “He was nice to you right?” He asked Soohyun.

            “Of course. He was really nice. But I have to go hyung. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Soohyun said and then walked off.

            Hoon’s uncle walked towards Hoon and put a hand on his shoulder. “Come on Hoon. It’s about time I take you home.” His uncle said.

            Hoon nodded and grabbed his things. He and his uncle left the office and got into the car and they started to drive home. There was something that Hoon couldn’t figure out though. He had some strange butterflies in his stomach. He just figured because it was his first day on the job and because he wasn’t used to working. But little did he really know why he had those butterflies in his stomach. But with time he would find out what the real source of them were.  

 

A/N: I know this chapter is a little slow but I promise that the next chapters are going to speed up. This was mainly an introduction chapter as to how Hoon and Soohyun met.

For all you 2seop fans I hope you are ready for the next chapter. It's going to be strictly 2seop and there is also a little surprise in there for you guys. But please don't kill me at a certain part. That's all I'm gonna say.

Please suscribe and tell me what you think in the comments. Also if you guys have any idea's about what should happen please feel free to leave your opinions. Who knows maybe I will end up using them.