A New Love

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

       It had already been four months since Aj had left for the states. Kiseop had gone into a serious depression at this point. At first they would constantly call each other and text so that wasn’t so bad. But when Aj started to attend classes and when he started studying, the text and calls started to slow down. It slowed down so much that Kiseop never knew when the next text from Aj was going to be. There was a point where there was just nothing.

       Kiseop understood that there was the time difference and that Aj really wanted to get his education but he just wanted to hear his voice. He wanted to see his face and be in each other’s arms again. That is what he longed for the most. Though he knew that he had to be patient.

       After Aj left, Kiseop got into a really bad habit. He started to drink a lot. He felt like it was the only thing that could make his heart feel better and made him forget about everything. He knew that it was a very bad habit but at this point there was no way that he was going to break it on his own.

       Right when he poured a glass of wine he heard the doorbell ring. He walked over to the door and opened it. Standing there he saw an old friend of his.

       “Hey Kiseop long time no see.” Kibum said.

       “Hey, come on in.” Kiseop replied in a partially happy tone.

       Kibum walked in and noticed that the place was still as clean as he remembered it. Kiseop had always been known as a clean freak in his eyes. “So Kiseop, how have you been lately?” He asked when he already knew.  

       “I’ve been okay. Just haven’t really been doing anything lately.” Kiseop replied then took a sip of wine.

       Kibum sighed. “Then how about you and I go out tonight? You need at least a little excitement.” He said.

       Kiseop shook his head. “No thanks. I rather just stay home.” He said.

       Kibum bit his lip and walked over to where Kiseop was standing. “Look Kiseop, I know that you are still hurting because of the fact that Aj hasn’t contacted you in a long time but you need to go out every once in a while.” Kibum explained.

       Kiseop sighed. “Kibum I’m not going. I don’t feel up to it.” He replied.

       “Come on Kiseop. Come with me just this once. Then I will never bother you again.” Kibum explained.

       That sounded like a very good point to Kiseop. He loved Kibum as a friend but when he wanted something he could be very annoying. “So you’re saying that if I go this once you won’t force me to go again?” He asked.

       “That’s exactly what I’m saying. If you go then maybe we can find someone for you.” Kibum said.

        Kiseop rolled his eyes and chugged his class of wine. “I highly doubt it. Let’s just go before I change my mind.” He said and then grabbed his jacket.

       “That’s the spirit Kiseop. I have just the place that we can go.” Kibum said and then led Kiseop out the door to head out and have a good time.

 

<3<3<3

 

        It had only been a few weeks since Kevin had broken up with Eli. He was still partially heartbroken about it but he seemed to be taking it a lot better than a lot of people expected. Especially his good friend Alexander.

       Alexander took Kevin to a bar just so they could talk and get away from society and just relax and forget about everything. “You know Kevin, I really look up to you. You still manage to put on a smile despite everything that has happened.” Alexander explained.

       Kevin grabbed his drink and took a small sip. “I try. I mean it’s hard but with all the pain I’ve been through with that relationship I feel happier.” He lied. He was hurting. He was hurting really bad.

       “Yeah it sure seems like it. But who knows, maybe one day you’ll find a man who will stay true to you.” Alexander said.

       “I sure hope so, but as of right now I feel like I just need a break from relationships.” Kevin explained.

       “Amen to that. I remember though when you were in high school and I was in college and we always used to hang out. People thought that we were a couple. Although I was perfectly straight and you were the one having that big crush on Eli for the longest time.” Alexander said.

       “I know, I should have known then that Eli wouldn’t stay committed to me. He was a player in high school and I guess that never left his system.” Kevin explained.

       “I forgot about that. I remember telling you when he first cheated on you to break it off but you didn’t listen to me. But then again you have never really listened to me in the first place so whatever.” Alexander said and then took a sip of his drink.

       “I really should have listened to you the first time. I figured that since this was the third time and that was all that I was willing to give him. I was tired of getting cheated on. But I don’t think I’ll be in another relationship anytime soon.”

       “Oh understand. That reminds me, I have to call this girl that has a crush on me.” Alexander said.

       “Why? Do you like her back?” Kevin asked him.

       Alexander put on a face of disgust. “Ew no! It’s just if I don’t call her at all then she’s not going to stop bugging me.” He replied. He started searching his pockets for his phone but then he realized that he left it in the car. “Aw man. Kevin could you please get my phone out of the car?” He asked.

       Kevin shook his head. “You have two legs and a heartbeat, you go get it yourself.” He replied.

       “Wow sassy. Please Kevin, you would be the best friend in the whole entire world.” Alexander said and then made the puppy dog pout face.

       Kevin sighed and got up from his seat. “You owe me. Making a tired man walk.” He said.

       “Thanks Kev you’re the best.” Alexander replied.

       “Yeah yeah shut up.” Kevin said and then got up to go to the car.

       Alexander smiled as he watched Kevin exit the bar. “And this is where the mission starts. Get Kevin a new boyfriend is a go.” He said and then took a sip of his drink.

 

<3<3<3

 

        Kevin was looking around in Alexander’s car for a while. He was looking in between the seats and in the glove box. He had no idea where to look for the phone next. Not until he was about to step out of the car and he felt his foot go on something. He looked down and there on the car floor was Alexander’s phone.

       Kevin picked up the phone and sighed. “Xander why can’t you ever take care of your stuff?” Kevin asked.

       He got out of the car and closed the door. He was observing Alexader’s phone to make sure that it wasn’t damaged from him stepping on it when he bumped into someone. This caused Kevin to drop Alexader’s phone and him to almost fall. But whoever it was that Kevin bumped into caught him.

       Kevin had his eyes closed. But when he realized that he wasn’t falling anymore he opened his eyes. Once they were fully opened he was amazed at what he saw. It had to have been one of the most beautiful people that he had ever seen.

       The man that Kevin was looking at was tall and slim. He had long bangs that went down past his right eye. The thing that Kevin could not get over though was the boys brown eyes. They were full of sadness. A sadness that Kevin felt that he understood. That is what mesmerized Kevin the most about this man.  

       The man pulled Kevin up to his feet. “Are you okay?” He asked him.

       Kevin dusted off his arms and looked at the man in the eyes again. “Yeah, thanks for catching me. I’m sorry that I bumped into you.” Kevin said.

       The man shook his head. “No it’s fine. I should have watched where I was going too.” He said. Then he looked down on the ground and saw the phone Kevin dropped. He bent down and picked it up for him. “Here, is this yours?”

       Kevin’s eyes widened. He hoped that the phone wasn’t damaged because he knew that Alexander would have killed him if it was. He took it and observed it. He was relieved to find that nothing was wrong with it. “Thank you.” He replied.

       “No problem.” The man replied.

       “Kiseop, are you coming?” Another man yelled from a distance. Kevin tried to remember that name.

       “I’m coming Kibum. Be patient for once in your life.” Kiseop replied. He looked at Kevin and put on a small smile. “I have to catch up with my friend.”

       “Oh, are you going over to that bar right over there?” Kevin asked as he pointed towards the bar he was just at.

       “I think so. Is that where you’re headed?” Kiseop asked. Kevin nodded. “Cool, I’ll walk with you over there.”

       Kevin put on a very small smile. “Oh, okay that sounds good.” He replied.

       They walked together to the bar in silence. Neither of them exactly knew what to say. Kiseop just really wanted a drink while Kevin actually felt something towards him. When they got to the door of the bar Kiseop opened it for Kevin and then they entered together.

       Alexander and Kibum were sitting next to each other talking when Kiseop and Kevin entered the bar. They looked over and smiled. Kibum leaned over to Alexander and whispered in his ear. “They already met so now is the time where we set them up.” He explained.

       “I got it. Hey guys over here.” Alexander said.

       Kevin and Kiseop both looked and started to walk over to them. “Here Xander. It was really hard to find since you dropped it on the car floor.” Kevin said.

       “Well at least you found it thank you. I want to introduce my friend Kibum. Kibum this is Kevin. A really good friend of mine.” Alexander explained.

       “It’s nice to meet you.” Kibum said.

       “It’s nice to meet you.” Kevin replied.

       “I can see you already met my friend Kiseop.” Kibum said.

       Kevin turned to face Kiseop. “That I have. We bumped into each other when I was looking for Alexander’s phone.” H explained.

       “Oh, well since we all know each other how about we all get some drinks to celebrate a new friendship?” Alexander explained.

       “I’m down with that.” Kibum said.

       Kevin smiled and sat down next to Alexander. Since there was an open seat next to him, Kiseop sat down right next to him. The bar tender gave them all a glass and they all took it. Alexander held up his glass and made a toast.

       “To a new friendship.” He said.

       “To a new friendship.” The rest of them said and then took a drink of alcohol.

 

<3<3<3

 

       After around an hour most of them were getting a little tipsy. Kiseop on the other hand was past tipsy. He was pretty drunk actually. He was starting to talk a lot more and he was slurring his words just a little bit.

       A lot more people started to show up at the bar as well so there started to become a big party. Music was playing and a bunch of people were on the dance floor. Kibum and Alexander went on the dance floor just so that they could leave Kevin and Kiseop alone. That was their plan the entire time.

       Kiseop finally really started talking to Kevin. “So Kevin, what do you do for a living?” He asked.

       “Actually I’m a host for a TV show. I’m also a part time performer. I sing at certain occasions. What about you?” Kevin replied.

       “I’m a backup dancer. I’ve danced for so many people now that I can’t even remember.” Kiseop said.

       “Really? That’s cool. I wanted to be a dancer before but I was just never good enough.” Kevin replied.

       “It’s a lot of work. But you get used to it. It really keeps you in shape too.” Kiseop said.

       “That makes sense.” Kevin said. Then it got awkward again. He didn’t know what to say. But then he thought of something. It was going to be a little touchy subject for him but he just thought it was too awkward for them to just be sitting there quietly. “So, are you in a relationship?”

       Kiseop sighed and took another sip of alcohol. “Not anymore. He left me here while he went to school in the states. He was supposed to call and text me but he hasn’t in a really long time. So I guess that we’re not together anymore.” He explained.

       Kevin felt bad for bringing that up. “Oh I’m sorry. If it makes you feel better I just broke up with my boyfriend too. We were together for four years. But he just couldn’t stay faithful.” Kevin said.

       Kiseop faced him and sighed again. “I guess you and me have something in common. Both of our boyfriends are jerks.” He said.

       Kevin smiled and then a tear fell from his eyes. He knew that Eli was a jerk but he still missed him. “You love them for so long and then they just break your heart. To me it almost seemed as if he enjoyed it.” He explained to Kiseop.

       Kiseop turned Kevin so that he was facing him. He wiped the tears that were falling from his face. “You are a beautiful person Kevin. If he cheated on you then he doesn’t know what he’s missing. If I were your boyfriend I would treat you so much better.” He said.

       Kevin was touched by this. “Thank you.” He said and then took in a deep breath. “If I were your boyfriend I wouldn’t leave you either. Besides a dancer? That’s a plus.” Kevin joked.

       Kiseop smiled and looked Kevin in the eyes. He felt something in that moment. Something that he hadn’t felt since he had met Aj a long time ago. His heart started to race and he could feel his blood heating up. The most interesting thing was, he didn’t want a drink.

       “Kiseop are you okay?” Kevin asked him.

       Kiseop just kept on staring into Kevin’s eyes. He knew that he wanted to kiss him. He really wanted to kiss him. So, he did. He stood up from his seat and walked right in front of Kevin. He grabbed Kevin’s cheeks and bent down to kiss his soft, sweet lips.

       There was something that just sparked between the two. Kevin’s broken heart seemed to have been repaired in that one simple kiss. To Kiseop if felt like all his problems melted away just by the touch of the lips.

       Kiseop let go of Kevin and looked him right in the eye. Kevin was a bit stunned but he managed to put a smile back on his face. “Why did you do that?” He asked.

       Kiseop then realized what he did. “Oh, I’m sorry. I couldn’t help myself just now. I’m sorry if it offended you.” He said.

       Kevin shook his head. “It didn’t. I actually really liked it.” He replied.

       Kiseop smiled and put his hands in his pockets. He now felt as if he hadn’t had a drink in a long time. “Well, then I don’t think I’m sorry anymore.” He joked.

       Kevin laughed and looked at the dance floor. “Do you, want to dance?” He asked Kiseop.

       Kiseop put on a smile and nodded. Kevin grabbed his arm and pulled him onto the dance floor. Kibum and Alexander left the dance floor in order to just watch Kevin and Kiseop. They went back over to their former seats.

       Alexander smiled. “See I told you they would hit it off.” He bragged.

       Kibum rolled his eyes. “Okay you were right this time. I just thought that they were both still so hurt that they wouldn’t even think about each other in that way.” He explained.

       Alexander nodded. “Understandable, but who knows maybe this is a good thing.” He said.

       Kibum nodded. “I think it’s a good thing that we got together tonight. It’s been a while you know.” He said as he started to lean into Alexander.

       Alexander blocked Kibum by holding up his hand and pushing face away. “Calm down boy. You aren’t touching this. Last time that was a little problem.” He explained.

       “Okay good point. But you and I do need to hang out more.” Kibum said.

       “Yeah not happening.” Alexander said.

       “Okay whatever. I’m just satisfied that I got Kiseop out of the house.” Kibum said.

       “Same with Kevin. All he has done for the last past weeks was cry over Eli.” Alexander explained.

       They both looked over at Kevin and Kiseop and they could tell that the two were happy. They were happy to be in each other’s presence. They were satisfied with their work and took another drink to congratulate each other.

       Kiseop and Kevin were dancing on the dance floor and then the music stopped. Kevin gave Kiseop a hug and held him close. “Kiseop, thank you for helping my heart.” Kevin said.

       “No Kevin, thank you for helping mine.” Kiseop replied. From there the new relationship started.

 

A/N: Okay there you go guys. Vinseop, I'm sure a lot of you are happy now. It was really hard for me to write this chapter because I just didn't know how to write everything out. But I did it. If you find any grammar or spelling errors please let me know so I can fix it. So, Soohoon next and then another Vinseop chapter after that. It's going to be Vinseop for a while. Sorry 2seop and Elvin fans. But you have to trust me. You'll understand when the time comes.

Thank you to all my subscribers. You guys really keep me going. Also, if you have any idea's as to what should happen next then you can leave it in the comments and maybe I'll use it. Then I could credit you right here :) Remember to comment anyway because I love reading all your comments. They make me smile and push me to write the next chapter :) Thanks for reading!