Growing Together

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

Soohyun had met his noona at an ice cream store after he dropped Hoon off at his apartment. She was so happy to see him since she hadn’t seen him in the longest time. She ran over to him and gave him a hug.

“Oh my gosh Soohyun how long had it been?” She asked him.

“It has been too long. But noona we need to talk.” Soohyun said.

“Okay please have a seat.” She said as she started to walk back to her table. Soohyun followed her and smiled.

She sat down and then Soohyun sat down right across from her. They looked at each other and it turned into a very intense atmosphere. “Noona there is something that I need to tell you.” He said.

“Okay what is it?” She asked him.

Soohyun smiled and rubbed the back of his head. “Noona, the thing is, I have found someone.” He explained.

Soohyun’s noona’s eyes grew big. Then her smile got even bigger. “Seriously? It’s about time. Who is it?” She asked.

“It’s no one that you would know.” Soohyun said.

“Well I want to know who it is anyway Soohyun. Tell your noona who you are dating.” She said.

Soohyun sighed. “The person that I am now going out with is my assistant manager.” Soohyun explained.

His noona put on a big smile. “Aw that is so cute. So now you can see her every day now at work.” She said.

Soohyun bit his lip really hard. “That’s the thing noona. It’s not a girl.” He said softly.

His noona’s face dropped. “Oh.” Was all she could say at the moment. She had to think of the next words that she was going to say.

Soohyun sighed. “Yeah it’s something that you might need to think about. So I guess I’ll be going.” He said.

“No it’s okay. It’s just a little bit of a shock.” She replied.

“I know it is. I didn’t even know I was like that until I met him.” Soohyun explained.

“So, have you told Omma and Appa yet?” His noona asked.

His face showed panic. “No! Heck no. I am not going to tell them any time soon. You know how dead I would be? Plus I don’t think Appa would even call me his son anymore.”Soohyun explained.

She nodded. “That’s a good point. Appa would probably disown you and then Omma would have a heart attack.”

“I know, so I don’t plan on telling them anything any time soon. I think it’s best that we keep this to ourselves.” He said.

“I got it. Are you happy though? Cause if you’re not completely happy with him then you and I both know that this relationship is not going to last.” She explained.

“Yes I know. I really think that I’m happy with him. To be honest I have never been happier in my life. Well, when I debuted I was pretty happy and this is happiness is just about equal to that time.”  Soohyun explained.

“If you are happy then I am happy for you.” His noona said and then got up and gave him a hug. Soohyun was so glad that he could tell her anything. He was glad that he could get all of this off his chest.

 

<3<3<3

 

A week later Hoon and Soohyun were always together. Hoon’s uncle started to get backed up in a lot of work so he couldn’t watch over Soohyun as much. So that was Hoon’s job. He basically had to babysit the pop star.

They were backstage one day for a rehearsal. Hoon’s uncle had some appointments that he had to get to so it was just Hoon and Soohyun left alone with all the other performers and stylists.

“You know, it’s really nice to have you backstage with me like this. Usually you are off cleaning closets.” Soohyun joked.

“I know. It is really nice that we get to spend more time together at work now. Plus I actually feel like I’m helping my uncle now by watching you.” Hoon said.

“I don’t why he put you in charge of me. I can take care of myself perfectly fine.” Soohyun said.

Hoon rolled his eyes. “Fine I guess you don’t need me here. I’ll just be on my way.” He said. Then he got up and took a few steps.

Soohyun grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. “Hey that is not what I was saying. I love it that you are here with me. It’s quite enjoyable.” Soohyun said.

Hoon smiled. “You better enjoy it while it lasts then. My uncle is probably going to give me another job next time.” He explained.

“In that case.” Soohyun said while trying to move closer into Hoon but he stopped him.

“We’re in public Soohyun.” Hoon said.

“You said to enjoy it so that was what I was going to do.” Soohyun joked.

Hoon shook his head and moved away from Soohyun. “You and I both agreed that we were going to keep this a secret. Don’t blow it now.” Hoon scolded.

“Alright, I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.” Soohyun said.

“Good. Now how much longer do we have to be here?” Hoon asked.

“I actually think we’re done here. I have another show to go to though.” Soohyun replied.

Hoon sighed. “I guess we should get going then. Let’s head out.” He said and then started to head towards the back door.

Soohyun followed him and smiled. They exited the building together and got into Soohyun’s car in order to get to their next destination. The thing was though that Soohyun and completely tricked Hoon without him noticing.

 

<3<3<3

 

Soohyun pulled up to a park. Hoon looked around and that’s when he realized that he had been totally fooled. Soohyun completely lied to him in order to get his weekly date with him. Hoon loved that he was taking him out on a date but he didn’t like the trickery.

“You have got to be kidding me.” Hoon said.

“No I am not. We are going on a date for the rest of the day.” Soohyun said in a cheerful voice.

Hoon leaned back in the passenger’s seat. “You didn’t have to trick me in order to get me to go on a date with you.” He explained.

Soohyun smiled. “I know I just thought that it would be cuter this way.” He replied. Hoon just gave him a disapproving look. “Okay I’m sorry Hoon. I’ll just come out with it next time.”

“Thank you.” Hoon said and then got out of the car.

Soohyun shook his head and laughed. He got out of the car too but not without grabbing a hat and sunglasses. That was his disguise for the time. He walked around the car and over to Hoon. He grabbed his hand and they went for a peaceful walk.

The whole time they were there they were holding hands and taking in the fresh air. For Soohyun it was very relaxing to be away from everyone trying to get his attention. He was just focusing all his attention and energy on one specific person. One who he really cared for.

For Hoon on the other hand, it was a bit nerve racking. He could feel his heart racing because it was the first time in a week that they had really been together alone. The last time they were really alone was the day when they actually got together. So he felt a little nervous being around him alone like this. He didn’t know if he could control it.

They made it all the way to a fountain that shot out water every few minutes. When it did the mist felt so good on their faces. “Wow that’s refreshing.” Soohyun said.

“Yeah it is. I haven’t been over here in a long time.” Hoon replied.

“Really how long has it been?” Soohyun asked him.

Hoon thought for a few seconds. “I think it’s been about two years. I don’t know.” He said.

Soohyun nodded his head. “That’s not too bad.” He said.

“Yeah I know. Anyway, shouldn’t we be getting back to the company headquarters? Everyone is probably wondering what happened to us. Especially uncle Minwoo.” Hoon said.

Soohyun laughed. “Don’t worry about it. I texted Minwoo Hyung, I said that we were together and that we were just going to have some dinner and then retire for the day. So we are off the hook and you are stuck with me.” He explained.

“Great.” Hoon said sarcastically. He started to walk off while leaving Soohyun behind.

“Why? Do you not want to hang out with me?” Soohyun  asked while Hoon was walking away.

“I didn’t say that.” Hoon replied.

Soohyun laughed and then ran after Hoon. Once he caught up to him he picked him up and carried him on his shoulder. “Why are you playing hard to get?” He said.

Hoon was laughing and fighting against Soohyun and squirming. “Soohyun put me down.” He said with a little giggle in his voice.

“No way. Not until you tell me that you’re glad that you get to spend time with me.” Soohyun said.

“Okay okay I’m glad that I get to spend time with you. Now put me down.” Hoon said while starting to get embarrassed.

“One more thing, you’re going to have dinner with me right?” He asked.

“Yes now put me down!” Hoon yelled.

Soohyun put Hoon down right after that. Once Hoon’s feet were both on the ground he punched Soohyun in the arm. “Ah that hurt.” Soohyun said.

“Serves you right. Let’s get going, I’m starving.” Hoon said.

“Alright fine. Let’s get going.” Soohyun said.

 

<3<3<3

 

Soohyun took Hoon to a casual restaurant but it was known for its good quality food. There was no way that he was going to take Hoon to a place where it just had plain quality food. Soohyun got a table that was in the corner of the restaurant that was a little more private than if anything. But of course they were still out where everyone could see them.

They ordered their dinner and started a conversation. “You know Soohyun, you better give me a list of all your performances and where they are. Then there will be no surprises again.” Hoon said.

Soohyun sighed. “What’s the fun in that? Then I can’t gift you with a dinner again if you know my whole schedule.” He replied.

“Exactly. Don’t take this the wrong way, I love that you’re doing this for me, but I rather you just tell me that you’re taking me out rather than tricking me.” Hoon explained. There was something in his eyes that was different at that moment.

Soohyun picked up on that very little fact. “Hoon, are you still upset about what happened with your parents and your uncle?” He asked.

Hoon sighed. “No, I’m not mad at my uncle anymore. I haven’t talked to my parents though. I’m not ready to see them yet.” He said while trying to avoid the subject at the same time.

Soohyun looked away and then back into Hoon’s eyes. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to bring the subject up. That was out of place.” He apologized.

“No, it’s fine. I just, I’ve been thinking about this for a while now and I still don’t know how I feel about this whole thing.” Hoon explained.

Soohyun smiled and stuck his hand out for Hoon’s. Hoon smiled and gave him his hand and then they held each other’s hand. “There is one good thing that came out of what happened.” Soohyun hinted.

Hoon’s smile grew bigger. “Yes there is something good that came out of this. Though we can’t really be doing this in public.” He said and tried to pull away.

Soohyun kept his grip on Hoon’s hand. “No one knows who I am. Everything is fine.” He replied.

“It’s not you I’m worried about. I know people too Soohyun and if they see me with another man then they are probably going to tell my parents.” Hoon explained.

Soohyun chuckled. “Then if someone does tell them just say that it was payback. Then that way you can piss them off just like they pissed you off.” He explained.

“They didn’t piss me off. I just feel betrayed.” Hoon explained.

“And how do you think they’ll feel?” Soohyun pointed out. Hoon sighed and nodded. “So, let’s just relax and enjoy the rest of our evening.”

“If you say so. Thanks Soohyun.” Hoon thanked.

“No problem. But now you owe me.” Soohyun joked.

For the rest of the dinner Soohyun and Hoon talked and flirted with each other quietly. Hoon enjoyed his dinner so much that he had to talk Soohyun into ordering desert. One that they would share together. He loved those kinds of things.

Soohyun ordered a piece of pie with a side of ice cream. The waitress came and gave them two spoons with the pie and walked away. Hoon picked up the first spoon and took the first bite of the pie.

“You should try some of this. It’s pretty good.” Hoon said.

“Is it really?” Soohyun asked.

Hoon nodded and got a spoonful of pie and cake mixed together. He held it up and faced the spoon towards Soohyun. Soohyun looked at the spoon and then up at Hoon. Hoon rolled his eyes.

“Come on it’s not like anyone is really looking right now anyway.” Hoon said.

Soohyun laughed and then took a bite from the spoon Hoon was holding. “You’re right that is really good.” He replied.

“See I told you.” Hoon said and then took another bite.

Hoon ate the pie and ice cream while Soohyun would sneak a few more bites in there. After Hoon took his last bite there was some ice cream that was left on the side of his mouth. One that he had missed after wiping his face with his napkin.

Soohyun saw it and smiled. “Hoon you have something on your face.” Soohyun said.

Hoon tried to wipe his face again but he just couldn’t get the ice cream off. Soohyun laughed and then stood up. He walked over to where Hoon was and grabbed his napkin. He held it as if he was going to wipe off the ice cream. But at the last minute he leaned in and kissed Hoon. He kissed him multiple times just to make sure there was nothing left.

Once he pulled away Hoon looked him right in the eyes. “What was that for?” He asked.

Soohyun leaned in a little closer. “Let me make something clear to you Hoon. The only thing that I like on your lips, are mine.” He said and then went to go pay the check.

Hoon sat in his chair and watched Soohyun leave. He touched his lips and then looked back up. He got up from his chair and went to walk over to where Soohyun was now standing to pay the check. Hoon stood right next to him and watched him pay.

After the check was all paid for Hoon slipped his hand into Soohyun’s subtly and started to walk off with him. Soohyun loved this gesture from Hoon. He felt as if this was him trying to open up. He really felt like he was now in a relationship.

 

<3<3<3

 

Soohyun dropped Hoon off at his apartment as he usually did every night. He walked Hoon to his door and stood outside with him for a bit. They looked into each other’s eyes and smiled.

“Thank you for everything tonight.” Hoon said.

“You know that I love to take you out and hang out with you.” Soohyun said.

“I know.” Hoon said and then looked at his door and then back at Soohyun. “Did you want to come inside for a little while?”

Soohyun shook his head. “No thanks. I don’t think that’s something that is safe. Maybe another time.” He explained.

Hoon nodded and realized that Soohyun had a very good point. “Okay, well then I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah you’ll definitely see me tomorrow.” Soohyun replied.

Hoon nodded and then walked closer to Soohyun so that he could give him a hug. Soohyun wrapped his arms around Hoon and held him tight in his embrace. Hoon took in a deep breath just to smell Soohyun’s cologne. Then he pulled away just a bit and found Soohyun’s lips.

Hoon gave Soohyun one last kiss for the night. One that was simple but so full of passion. He finally let go and then left to go into his apartment. He opened the door and looked back at Soohyun one last time. “Goodnight.” He said.

“Goodnight Hoon.” Soohyun said.

Hoon closed his door and went into his living room. He sat down and thought his day over. He realized that his parents really were looking out for him. But he was still upset that they didn’t really trust that he would be able to keep a job. In the end though he was glad for what they did because in the end, it brought him together with a man that he knew was the one created just for him.

 

A/N: Sorry guys I forgot to add the author's note here. Haha my bad. So I hoped you liked this chapter. I wouldn't say it was my favorite but I do like it. So, yup Vinseop chapter next. If you just can't stand to wait for the chapter you can check out my friends story. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/213314/i-hid-because-of-the-things-i-couldn-t-say-eli-elvin-kevin-kiseop-romance-soohyun-vinseop. It is full of vinseop with a few Soohoon chapters in it. Be prepared though because there is a lot of fluff and a lot of sad parts too. But we call him the king of fluff so go and support him while I write my vinseop chapter. Please leave comments and if you have any idea's as to what should happen next you can leave it in the comments as well. Thanks to all my subscribers and please leave comments because I enjoy reading them and seeing your imput. Thanks for reading.