The Final Goodbyes

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            Soohyun’s manager had told him that the best thing for him was to prepare for his upcoming album. It would take his mind off of things. His father’s condition was the same. He was still in Acoma and it didn’t look like he was going to wake up anytime soon. So just to get him out of the hospital his mother and his manager decided that he should continue preparing for the album.

            Soohyun entered the dance practice room with Hoon behind him. Hoon put his hand on his shoulder and he immediately turned around. “Are you going to be okay?” Hoon asked.

            Soohyun nodded. “I’ll be fine. Besides it’ll be good for me to focus on something other than my father.” He replied.

            Hoon nodded. “Okay, I’ll be over there on the couch making some calls if you need me.” He said and then left Soohyun.

            Soohyun walked over to the choreographer and greeted him. The he went over to the other dancers and greeted himself as well. He looked around and noticed one of the dancers from before. He remembered that he was the leader of the group of back-up dancers here.

            “Hi I heard that you are the leader of the group. It’s nice to meet you.” He said as he approached the boy.

            The boy bowed. “Hi I’m Lee Kiseop and I am the leader of the group. It’s a pleasure working with you.” He said.

            Soohyun nodded and then went to go put his things down in the corner. He was so frustrated at the moment about everything that he hoped that he was going to do better than he thought he was.

            Soohyun stretched a little bit and every once in a while he would take a glance over at Hoon who seemed a little stressed as well. He felt like he was burden on him sometimes with the emotional rollercoaster he was enduring. Especially with his father sick.

            The choreographer called all of them together and started to position all to dancers to their first places. Soohyun sighed and took in a deep breath. He had to get ready for a long practice.

 

<3<3<3

 

            A few hours passed and Soohyun was doing a lot better than he thought was going to do. He grabbed his towel that he had brought in with his bag. He wiped off most of the sweat off his body and then Kiseop walked over next to him. He too took his towel and started to wipe off some sweat.

            Soohyun picked up his water and took a sip of it. Then he turned to look over at Hoon who was now talking to the boy next to him. He seemed to be smiling and laughing a little bit. This made Soohyun a little nervous.

            “You don’t have to worry about him.” Kiseop said.

            Soohyun turned to look at him. “I don’t know what you mean.” He said.

            Kiseop laughed. “You don’t have to worry about the other boy. He’s my boyfriend Kevin.” He explained.

            Soohyun seemed to relax a little. But the thing he was happiest about was that he wasn’t the only gay one around besides Hoon. “So you play for the other team too?” He asked.

            “I have for a while now. So, how long have you been with your boyfriend?” He asked.

            Soohyun smiled. “I’ve been with Hoon for a few months now. He’s the first boy I have found to love.” He explained.

            Kiseop smiled. “I think that it is so sweet that he came here with you. It feels really nice when you see someone you care for sitting there and supporting you.” Kiseop explained.

            Soohyun looked at Hoon and nodded. He put on a smile and then looked back at Kiseop. “So can I ask you a very personal question?” He asked.

            Kiseop nodded. “What is it?” He asked.

            “Well, the thing is, he and I are moving a bit fast and that is my fault but I was wondering what it’s like to actually be with a man. You know, at night.” Soohyun explained.

            Kiseop was confused at first but then he got the point. “I see what you mean. Let’s just say this Soohyun hyung, if you really love him then nothing can ruin it. If you don’t love him then the night just not be as great as you would have imagined.” Kiseop explained.

            Soohyun sighed. “I’m sure that I love him. I don’t think that there is another in this world that is made for me. At this point I can’t imagine my life without Hoon.” He explained.

            “I think that you will be fine then. Just some advice, if you want it to be really special just let it happen. Don’t go on any websites and try and find out anything because first of all that’s gross and second it just makes the moment more special.” Kiseop explained.

            Soohyun smiled. “Thanks for the advice.” He said.

            “No problem. But I just thought of something. Isn’t it ironic how you are gay and your song is about a man who gives all his heart to a girl and loves her?” Kiseop pointed out.

            Soohyun had to laugh at that. It was extremely ironic. He had never thought about it before. “Okay you got a point there.” He replied.

            “Alright guys break times over. Let’s get back to work.” The choreographer said.

            Soohyun and Kiseop put their things away and then went back to the dance floor. They went over the dance a few more times until they were sure that they got everything down. Then they started to put everything together. Somehow this dance was the fastest dance that Soohyun had ever learned. But he took that as a good thing.

           

<3<3<3

 

            After the dance practice was concluded Soohyun and Kiseop walked over to the couch where Hoon and Kevin were still talking. Hoon and Kevin saw them and smiled.

            “It seems like you guys have gotten really close.” Kiseop said.

            “We have. Hoon and I actually have a lot in common.” Kevin replied.

            Soohyun smiled. “Good to see that the two of you got along. Well Hoon we should get going.” He said.

            “Oh right. It was nice meeting you Kevin. Maybe we’ll see each other soon.” Hoon said.

            Kevin smiled and nodded. “That would be great. I gave you my number right?” Hoon nodded. “Call me anytime about anything.”

            Hoon smiled and Kevin gave him a wink. “Okay well see you guys later.” Hoon said and then walked out with Soohyun.

            As the two of them walked out the door Soohyun took in a deep breath. “So where you okay just sitting there and talking to Kevin?” He asked.

            Hoon nodded and smiled. “Yeah it was really nice. I had no idea that he was gay though. I didn’t get that feeling from him at all. He had to basically tell me that he was gay.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun laughed a little. “You are still way too innocent then. Anyway I’m a bit hungry. What about you?” He asked.

            “I’m a bit hungry but I think we’re going to have to eat at home.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun was confused. “Why do you think that Hoon?” He asked him.

            Hoon cracked a smile. “Well Soohyun you don’t smell like a bucket of roses.” He said.

            Soohyun was shocked to hear that. “Wow Hoon you are just a bit bold today.” Soohyun said and then ruffled Hoon’s hair.

            Hoon stopped Soohyun’s hand and then started to run away. Soohyun smiled at how playful Hoon was being. He ran after Hoon and shortly after he caught him. From there he basically carried Hoon all the way to the car. He opened the car door and Hoon got in. He then went into the driver’s seat and drove all the way back to his apartment.

 

<3<3<3

 

            After Soohyun and Hoon had lunch and Soohyun took a shower they made their way over to the hospital. Soohyun’s father was now conscious but he would still sleep a lot. There were still major complications though. His brain was quite damaged and then there were other problems with his organs. He wasn’t quite in the clear yet.

            Soohyun and Hoon got to the room and Soohyun’s mother and noona were still there. They had been there for a few days now. “Hey mom, noona.” Soohyun said and then gave them each a hug.

            “Hi honey. Your father is doing about the same. He woke up earlier though and had something to eat. He’s fallen asleep again though.” Soohyun’s mother said.

            “I can see. Well if you and noona want Hoon and I can stay with dad while you two go get something to eat.” Soohyun said.

            “That sounds good. Come on mom let’s go get something in the cafeteria.” Soohyun’s noona said. The two of them got up and walked out of the room.

            Soohyun and Hoon took their seats and watched his father. Hoon sighed and then looked at Soohyun. “Your dad looks so peaceful when he’s asleep. It’s almost like he was never mad in the first place.” Hoon said.

            “He does look peaceful. I just hope that when he comes home he’ll be more open to you and me.” Soohyun replied and kissed Hoon on the cheek.

            “I hope so too. But no matter what we’ll always love and respect your father.” Hoon said.

            “Yeah we will. I need to use the bathroom real quick. Are you going to be okay for now?” Soohyun asked Hoon.

            Hoon nodded. “I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about it.” He said.

            Soohyun smiled and then stood up to go use the bathroom. Hoon sat in the room by himself just watching Soohyun’s father. There was something that he felt in the room. He felt something that made him a little nervous. He didn’t feel intimidated but he felt something else. Something that he couldn’t explain.

            A few minutes past while Soohyun was in the bathroom and Hoon had picked up a magazine. He was reading a little bit when he started to hear some gargling. He looked up and saw the Soohyun’s father was awake.

            Hoon put down his magazine and walked over to the side of the bed. He was now nervous to talk to him but he wanted to know if he was alright for the most part. “Mr. Shin, are you feeling okay?” He asked.

            “Soohyun, is that you?” Soohyun’s father asked in a raspy.

            “No Mr. Shin, I’m Hoonmin. Soohyun’s boyfriend.” Hoon just came out with it.

            “Oh Hoonmin. I appreciate you coming to visit me.” He said.

            “Well I’m glad that you are allowing me to be here.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun’s father sighed. “Hoonmin, I don’t think that I am going to make it out of this hospital alive. I have a feeling that God is calling me home soon. So, can you take care of my son for me? He’ll be so heartbroken about everything. But his job is to take care of his mother and noona when I’m gone. He’s going to be taking care of them so much that he’ll forget about himself. So if you can take care of him for me I would appreciate it.” He explained.

            This worried Hoon so much. “Mr. Shin, don’t be ridiculous. You are going to be just fine. You’re going to make it home and spend time with your family again.” He said.

            Soohyun’s father laughed. “You can be positive. No Hoonmin I think that this is my deathbed. I don’t know how much longer I can hold on.” He explained.

            Hoon felt something stir in his heart. He started to get a little emotional. “Come on Mr. Shin, you can hang on for a while longer. You just have to believe in it.” He said trying to encourage him. Tears were starting to form in his eyes.

            “Don’t cry for me son. I have made your life so hard. I threatened you from the beginning. But now I see, I see that you and Soohyun do have something special. I am sorry for everything I did.” He said.

            “I forgive you Mr. Shin. But please just wait until your family comes back.” Hoon said.

            Just as he finished that sentence Soohyun came into the room. He saw Hoon talking to his father and then he ran over to the side of the bed. “Dad, you’re awake.” Soohyun said.

            “My son, I am so sorry for all the pain that I have caused you. Will you ever forgive me?” His father asked.

            “I have already forgiven you dad. Can you ever forgive me for yelling at you too and just being insubordinate? I don’t regret what I did but I am sorry for it being towards you.” Soohyun explained.

            Soohyun’s father smiled. “You’re my son. I will always forgive you. But I fear that I will have to leave you soon.” He said.

            Soohyun had panic in his eyes. “Dad what are you saying?” He asked.

            “Soohyun, I want you to take care of your mother and noona in my absence. I will put them in your hands.” His father said.

            “Dad you can’t die. You’re going to get better dad.” Soohyun started to say with panic in his voice.

            “Soohyun it is my time to be with God. I wish you and Hoon the best. I wish that God will watch over you two and mom and noona. I will always be with you as well. I love you son.” His father said.

            “I love you dad.” Soohyun said with tears streaming down his face.

            “I wish you all the luck in the world. I love you all.” Soohyun’s father said with his voice getting softer. Then he closed his eyes and took his last breath.

            “Dad, come on wake up. Dad wake up. Dad wake up!” Soohyun started to shake his father.

            Soohyun kept on shaking his father but he wouldn’t wake up. Soohyun started to get more violent in the shaking so Hoon had to pull him away. Soohyun was fighting him a little bit. Hoon wrapped his arms around Soohyun’s chest and under his arms in order to pull him away.

            Soohyun came to the point where he couldn’t stand. He was about to fall straight to the floor but Hoon caught him. Hoon brought him gently to the floor and held him tight. He kissed Soohyun’s head and started to comfort him.

            After a minute Hoon reached into Soohyun’s pocket and dialed Soohyun’s mother’s number. The phone rang a few times before she answered. “Soohyun?” She asked.

            “No Mrs. Shin this is Hoon. I’m sorry but your husband just passed away. I think you should be here right now.” Hoon said.

            The phone immediately went quiet. Then the phone turned off. Hoon sighed and looked at Soohyun. He was still crying. Hoon started to his hair and shush him softy. He felt the same pain that Soohyun was feeling. The worst part about it was that there was nothing he could do to help stop the pain.

            It took only a few more minutes for the rest of the family to come and see Soohyun’s father lying on the bed lifeless. Soohyun finally found the strength to stand up and hug his mother and noona. They both started to cry as well.

            Soohyun’s mother broke off from Soohyun and walked over to Hoon. She smiled and took in a deep breath. “Thank you for letting us know. That was very kind of you.” She said and then gave Hoon a hug.

            Hoon hugged her back and sighed. “I thought you should have known.” He replied to her.

            She nodded and then let go. She looked back at her husband’s body and sighed. “We should all leave him. From here he is with God.” She said and then ushered them all out of the hospital room.

 

<3<3<3

 

            That night Hoon had to basically do everything for Soohyun. He had to make him eat, he had to get him to bed, and he had to get him to change his clothes. Soohyun just couldn’t think straight. Hoon didn’t expect him to though since losing a parent was something that no one can really handle.

            When they were about to go to sleep Soohyun had a blank look on his face. Hoon laid down on the bed and gave Soohyun a kiss on the lips. Soohyun started to have an expression again.

            “I’m here for you Soohyun. If you need anything just wake me up and I’ll get you it.” Hoon said.

            “The only thing I need right now Hoon is you. Don’t ever leave me please.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon nodded and snuggled up close to Soohyun. Soohyun wrapped his arms around Hoon’s body and kissed his head. That was all that Soohyun needed. He just needed to be close to the one he loved.         

 

A/N: So now you guys kind of know the connection between Vinseop and Soohoon. But wow, I have never writen something as emotional as that before. I mean, wow. Hoped you guys liked it though. I hope you all had a safe and wonderful new years. Let me know what you guys think by leaving your opinons in the comments. I absolutely love reading them. Thank you to all who subscribe. You help me keep writing.

P.s: Over 2000 views? That is too awesome. Thank you guys so much. I love you all <3