A Misunderstanding And A Close Call

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            It had already been two weeks since Kiseop and Aj had gotten back together. When they got back together it was almost like they were starting their relationship all over again. Aj was taking Kiseop out on dates every weekend and staying at his apartment so that they could watch movies together just so that they could cuddle.

            In a way it was also like they never broke up. But they both knew that eventually they were going to have to really talk about what happened between them. It was true that they both thought of it as something of the past, but it still affected both of them in a negative way. How could they truly forget about it?

            It was a Friday night and Aj was going to take Kiseop out to watch a movie this time. It was their usual date night and Kiseop was standing in front of his full mirror and observed his outfit. He had changed it about three times already since he just didn’t know what to wear. This last outfit was a fitting V-neck with skinny jeans. He thought that it looked pretty good on him.

            Aj was supposed to come at seven but knowing him he would be early. It was already six fifty so Kiseop just had to settle with the outfit that he had on at the time. It didn’t look bad but he knew that he could probably do better. It was just going to have to do.

            As the clock hit six fifty-four the doorbell rang. Kiseop looked at his watch and smiled. “Yup, he’s the same Aj I remember.” He said to himself.

            He walked over to the door and opened it slowly. When he saw it was Aj he shot it all the way opened and smiled. “How did I just know it was you?” Kiseop teased.

            “You knew it was me because I always come early. Have you ever known me to be late?” Aj asked while stepping into the apartment.

            “No, but who knows. School might have changed you. I know that work really has changed for me.” Kiseop explained.

            This caused Aj to furrow his eyebrows. He let out a sigh and stood next to Kiseop. “Well as you can see school really hasn’t changed me. What happened at work that made you change?” He asked curiously.

            Kiseop stopped and thought about it. He probably wasn’t supposed to say anything about it but it was Aj. He knew that he wouldn’t tell anybody. “Well, what I am about to tell you is something that you can’t tell anyone okay?”

            “Do you also know me to be a big mouth? You can tell me anything Kiseop. What is it?” Aj asked.

            “Well at work I found out that one of the performers is gay and he is going out with his assistant manager.” Kiseop explained.

            There was no shock on Aj’s face. He was thinking of who it could be. There was no shock because he figured that one of them had to be gay. As he was going through all of them in his head he finally found one that he was almost sure he would get right. “It must be Shin Soohyun huh?”

            Upon hearing the name Kiseop’s eyes grew wide. There was no way in his mind that Aj could have just guessed that. There was just no way he could have done it. “How the heck did you manage to guess who it was? Did I give some kind of hint?” He asked.

            Aj smiled and shook his head. “No, I was just thinking about all your performances and thought of who could be a potential candidate for me to guess and he popped up.” He explained.

            “That is just not fair. You do know that right?” Kiseop asked.

            “Hey don’t be mad because I just completely guessed it. You know for a fact that I was also always a good guesser.” Aj explained.

            “I know that. I just don’t think it’s fair. Well I guess that this is the best I am going to get tonight. Shall we go?” Kiseop asked.

            “Yes we shall. You look great by the way. You always do.” Aj complimented.

            Knowing each other and being together so long you would think that Kiseop was used to all those compliments but the truth was he really wasn’t. He blushed so much that his ears even turned red. “Let’s just go before I explode.” He said and walked out of his apartment. Aj just followed him and closed the door behind him.

 

            That night Aj took Kiseop out to some play that was showing. It was about a man who owned a big company and a girl who was an intern and they fall in love but then someone finds out and they have to leave each other for a long period of time. It was a bit of a depressing play but in the end the girl and the guy got back together and eventually married and had kids.

            The whole time during the play Aj was either holding Kiseop’s hand or he had his arms around his shoulder. There would be times where the two of them would even look at each other and smile. They would do that especially at some of the romantic scenes.

            There was a twenty minute intermission and the two boys sat in their seat for a minute and then took in a deep breath. Kiseop looked at Aj and smiled. “Aj, I’m a bit hungry.” Kiseop said.

            Aj sighed and shook his head. “You are so lucky that I know you so well. I got you some pretzels to hold you over before we go out and also some candy.” He explained.

            “Wow, you actually got my favorite candy too. Thank you.” Kiseop said.

            “Anything for you. Even if you want to we can leave early. I really don’t mind if you want to leave. We can grab a bite to eat and then go back to your place again.” Aj offered.

            As Kiseop started to stuff some pretzels into his face he started to think about what he really wanted to do. “I think that we can go. I can pretty much guess the ending of this play anyway. Besides, I am really starting to get hungry anyway.” He said.

            “All right babe let’s go then. We can grab something to eat and then head back to your place.” Aj said.

            They both stood up and then made their way over to the door and the main exit. When they left the theatre and started to walk over to their car. Aj grabbed Kiseop’s hand and held it tightly in his. It was a gesture that they both haven’t really done in public in a very long time. It felt nice to finally be able to do this again.

            Once they got into the car Aj pulled out his phone to find a decent place around where it was nice but still reasonable. Kiseop sat in the car watching people walk by. There seemed to be a lot of couples around this time for some reason. In a way he was trying to take it as a sign.

            A few minutes later Aj’s phone started to ring. He was confused at first but then he had on a huge smile when he saw who was calling. “Hey Shawn what’s up?” He replied in English.

            Hearing Aj speak English surprised Kiseop. He had forgotten that it was a language that he could speak fluently. In a way it worried Kiseop since he really couldn’t understand anything that they were saying. There was no reason for Kiseop to be worried but he just couldn’t help it.

            “Hey Aj I just called wanting to know how everything is going. Did everything go well with your man?” Shawn asked.

            Aj smiled. “Yeah everything is good. We just finished going to a play. What have you been up to the time that I have now been gone?” He asked.

            “I’ve just been studying some more. Aaron and I miss you man. It’s boring here without you. You need to come back and teach us more Korean so that we can at least go over there and meet your boyfriend.” Shawn replied.

            “Yeah maybe one day I’ll go back over there and visit. I know that a talk with you was very overdue.” Aj explained.

            “It was. How can you leave your brother standing wondering if you were okay? Even Aaron was worried and you know that guy rarely has a care in the world.” Shawn explained.

            “Don’t I know that. But I’m with my boyfriend right now and I really can’t talk.” Aj replied.

            “Oh sorry man I didn’t know. Hey better keep it real. Don’t ever change.” Shawn said.

            “Don’t worry I won’t. You don’t change either.” Aj said with a smile.

            “I’m too awesome for that. Talk to you later man. Love you man.” Shawn said.

            “I love you too man. Bye.” Aj said and then hung up.

            Kiseop was now a bit upset that he didn’t understand anything that the two were talking about. The only thing that he understood was “I love you too”. Those were the only words that he completely understood.

            “So, who was that?” Kiseop ask in a bit of an angry tone.

            “That was a friend from America. He was one of my close friends in college. He just wanted to check up on me to see how I was doing.” Aj explained.

            On the inside Kiseop grew a bit angrier. The whole time Aj was away from him he just wanted to see how he was doing. But he never returned his calls or texts. In a way you could say that is self-esteem was hit hard.

            “So, when your best friend calls from a long distance you take it and answer it but when your own boyfriend calls from a long distance you ignore it and never get back to him?” Kiseop asked with so much anger.

            “Kiseop this really isn’t what you are thinking it is. I’m not studying right now and I just happened to already be on my phone.” Aj explained calmly.

            “Oh yeah but when I text and call you must not have always been studying since you found someone to hang out with.” Kiseop yelled.

            “I really don’t want to go into this right now.” Aj said angrily.

            “Why? Because right now you just don’t have a good excuse as to why you never returned my phone calls or my text messages?” Kiseop continued to yell.

            “Kiseop you know that this isn’t fair.” Aj yelled back.

            “Some things just aren’t fair Aj! You know what I am done tonight I am going home. I’ll just call a taxi.” Kiseop said.

            “No! I will take you home. Just calm down alright.” Aj said and started the car. As angry as he was, he felt safer taking Kiseop home himself than someone else doing it. The rest of that night the two of them didn’t talk to each other. It was a ridiculous thing to fight over but Kiseop did have his reasons and Aj just hoped that things would just work themselves out.

           

<3<3<3

 

            It was Kevin’s day off and he didn’t really feel like going out anywhere. Eli still had work so basically had the whole house to himself for the few hours that Eli was going to be gone. Since Kevin was one to bore easily, he wanted to have some company.

            For the first few hours Kevin cleaned the house a little and really started to get settled in so that it felt a little more like he was home. He wanted to make sure that he could really call this home for at least a year. No matter what he wanted someplace stable for at least one more year.

            It was now late in the afternoon but Eli was not going to be back until a few more hours. In that case Kevin definitely was going to invite his friend over. And who other to invite then his best friend for years Alexander? He hadn’t really spent time with him for a while and he knew for a fact that he was off by the time he wanted to invite him.

            Alexander’s phone rang a few times and then he finally answered. “Hello my life .” He answered.

            A laugh came from Kevin and then he replied. “Hey Xander, that’s a new one. What happened this time? Does it have to deal with work?”

            “KEVIN! I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever. But yes and no. Work has some part of it but something else happened that I really regret. That I would have to tell you in private though.” Alexander explained.

            “Well how about you come over and then we can hang out. Then you can tell me everything that has happened to you.” Kevin explained.

            There was a small moment of silence. “Can I bring soju?” Xander asked.

            Kevin really didn’t like drinking but he knew that Xander really loved it. Plus the man was famous for being able to hold his liquor. There would be times where Kevin would be jealous since he really can’t hold his liquor at all.

            “Okay fine you can bring soju. Just make sure you bring enough to share.” Kevin replied in a teasing tone.

            There was a gasp on Xander’s end of the line. “My little Kevin wants some soju too? This is definitely a day that needs to be celebrated! I’ll bring over a twelve pack and a bonus six pack. I’ll be over soon!” He said.

            “No Xander not that -.” Xander hung up before Kevin could finish his sentence. “Not that much. I guess tonight that I am just going to get drunk.”

 

            Almost an hour later Alexander finally showed up. He rang the doorbell like there was no tomorrow until Kevin finally opened the door. In Kevin’s head he was really wondering if inviting Alexander over in a drinking mood was a good idea. Then again he probably would have come over like that on his own someday anyway.

            “The fabulous me has arrived.” Xander shouted.

            Kevin winced from how loud Xander said it. “Do you really have to announce your presence that loud when I already know that it’s you?” He asked.

            “Of course. I have to warn all your neighbors that I am here so that they know what to expect. If I didn’t warn them they might think that something is going on in this house and we don’t really want that.” Xander said.

            It was an outrageous thought that Xander had but Kevin just smiled and shook his head. His friend was crazy but he loved him. Xander walked over to the kitchen and placed the soju on the counter. He opened two bottles and handed one to Kevin.

            “Bottoms up Kevin.” Xander said and then chugged down his soju.

            There was a bit of hesitance from Kevin but he did the same and started to scarf down his soju. He figured that it would be a whole lot less painful if he did it that way. After he was done with his first one Xander handed him another one.

            “Come on Kevin there is at least nine each for the both of us. If you have less than six then I would have bought this much for nothing.” Xander explained.

            “Haven’t you already wasted your money by buying that many already anyway?” Kevin asked.

            “Nope not yet. You just got to keep drinking and then you will be totally fine. Besides, I also really need to drink after what happened. I just need to drown my memories with this in order to really get it out of my head.” Xander said in a much exaggerated voice.

            Kevin furrowed his eyebrows. “You still haven’t told me about what happened that apparently made your life .” He explained.

            “Oh right. Well let’s have a seat.” Xander said and then sat down at a stool by the counter. Kevin pulled up a seat right next to him. “Okay, do you remember Kiseop’s friend Kibum who I also know?”

            It took Kevin a moment but he started to remember his face and when they met at the bar that one time. “Yeah I remember him. Did something happen to him?” He asked.

            “Not necessarily. You see, he and I ran into each other last night. It was completely uncalled for. But anyway I was at a bar drinking and then something happened that I completely regret.” Xander explained.

            At first Kevin just didn’t get it. He didn’t get the hint very well. “So, what happened that you regret?” He asked.

            Xander sighed and smiled at Kevin’s innocence. “Kevin, I am going to be very straight forward with you. Kibum and I had .” He said.

            At that point Kevin had a mouthful of soju that he spit out. “You and him what?” He asked in shock.

            “We had . It’s not a big deal, I mean, we’ve done it before. It’s just that I really didn’t plan on doing it again.” Xander explained.

            “Then why did you do it?” Kevin asked.

            “I was drunk off my . I really didn’t know what I was doing.” Xander admitted.

            “So you plan on getting drunk again. It’s the same thing that got you in trouble in the first place! Why would you do that to yourself?” Kevin asked.

            “I’m hoping to get that drunk again so I can just forget that any of that ever happened. I mean Kibum is a good guy but he just isn’t the one for me. Plus I know that if I ever see him again then he is going to want to do the same thing over again. That ain’t going to happen. Nope not again. He can just keep dreaming.” Xander said.

            Kevin hit his head against the counter. “My best friend is crazy. How did we even manage to become friends in the first place?” He asked rhetorically.

            “Sometimes I wonder that too. However, they do say that opposites attract. So it’s almost no wonder that we became friends.” Xander replied.

            “Oh God. I can actually feel the alcohol kicking in.” Kevin said.

            “Good. Now let’s keep on drinking. Let’s see how drunk we can really get you. I’ve been waiting for this day for a while now. Go on drink up.” Xander said while continuing to encourage Kevin’s drinking.

 

            A good two hours later Kevin was completely drunk. He was sitting at the counter talking to Xander about who knows what. There was a lot of mumbling and a lot of nonsense that was coming out of Kevin’s mouth. It was a bit funny to Xander since he was starting to get a little tipsy.

            While they were talking you could hear the door unlock. When the door opened Eli walked through and saw the two boys sitting at the counter. Once Xander saw Eli his smile immediately disappeared and he turned away.

            Eli wasn’t so happy about Xander being there either but he had to remember that this was still Kevin’s and his house and they could invite anyone they wanted to over. In his hand he had a few grocery bags and one bag that had take-out in is just so that they didn’t have to cook for the night.

            As Eli walked into the kitchen to put down the groceries and the food Xander looked over at him and decided to be just a little nice. “Hello there E-Liar” He said. He did just decide to be a little nice. He said hello.

            Upon hearing that Eli lifted his head and closed his eyes so that he could relax and take in a deep breath. “Why hello there Alexan-Diva.” He replied.

            Xander squinted his eyes and shook his head. “That was cute did you think of that one all by yourself?” He asked sarcastically.

            “It depends, did you do your own hair?” Eli asked in a very sarcastic tone as well. One of the biggest things you do not do is criticize Xander’s hair.

            “Guys don’t fight! It’s not nice.” Kevin asked in a very drunken voice.

            Eli looked at him and then looked at Xander. “Seriously, you got him drunk?” He asked in a very impatient voice.

            Xander nodded and then gathered his things. “Look at the time. Nine beers just seems to take up a lot of time. I’ll see you later Kevin.” He said and then took his leave.

            Once Xander was out the door Eli looked at Kevin and sighed. He knew for a fact that he was completely drunk and there was nothing that he could do about it. The next morning he was just going to have a crazy hangover. The last time that Kevin got drunk he had a bad hangover. This time though, he will probably want to kill himself.

            “Okay Kevin, let’s get you to bed I know that you are tired. Let’s go.” Eli said and tried to help Kevin up.

            Kevin wrapped his arms around Eli’s neck and looked him in the eyes. “Eli? When did you get here? I missed you so much.” He said and tried to kiss Eli.

            As much as he wanted to kiss him Eli pulled away and resisted Kevin. “Kevin you are drunk you need to go to bed.” He said.

            “I’m not drunk Eli. I was just sitting here waiting for you to come home.” Kevin replied.

            The only thing that Eli could think of as to why Kevin acted like this while drunk is that he believe that Kevin thought that they were still together. In order to get him to bed Eli was going to have to play along. As hard as that was going to be.

            “Okay Kevin, if you go to bed then I’ll give you anything that you want.” Eli explained.

            “So you will finally kiss me if I go bed?” Kevin asked.

            “Maybe even more. Come on let’s go.” Eli said and then the two boys started to head over to the bedroom where Kevin was sleeping.

            When they got to Kevin’s room Eli sat Kevin down on the bed. He figured that he should get out of there before he really started to get the urge to be with Kevin. As he tried to leave though Kevin pulled him onto the bed and laid on top of him.

            “Kevin what are you doing?” He asked in a panic.

            “I am getting what you said you would give me.” Kevin replied. Kevin looked at Eli’s lips and he hovered over them for a moment. After a few seconds he finally kissed him. Eli lost all control after that. He just couldn’t help himself. He started to kiss Kevin back passionately. He moved Kevin underneath him and continued to kiss him.

            Once he realized what he was doing Eli stopped and sat up. He put his hand over his face and sighed. “I need to clean up a bit. Just go to sleep and I’ll see you in the morning.” He said and then left the room. It was a close call. Too close. Eli wanted to respect Kevin and that was not the way to do it. He had to really learn self-restraint. He just went on with the rest of his night and tried to forget what he had just done. 

 

A/N: I am alive!!! Hello lovely readers and subscribers I have returned. So, I'm in college now so I have no idea how often I am going to be able to update my stories anymore. However, I will not let that get in the way of this story ever finishing. I will make sure that this story will have an end even if it kills me. But I have really missed you all. Please comment and tell me what you think. Also if you want an update sooner then I believe upvoting would really give me a lot of motivation. I love you all!