Listen To The Heart

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            It had been a whole three days since Kevin had asked Kiseop if he still loved Aj. It was just a question that Kiseop couldn’t tell the answer to Kevin. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to. It’s that he really couldn’t tell him. He himself did not know the answer. That was what frustrated him the most.

            During those three days Kevin would distance himself from Kiseop since he didn’t want to make it out that it was okay for him to love a man that wasn’t giving him all his heart. In Kevin’s mind, it doesn’t take three days just to decide if you still love someone. If they had to decide if they still loved someone then that was not what he wanted.

            Kiseop got home before Kevin and sat down on the couch. He was going to tell Kevin what he had concluded in his mind. In his mind he had decided that he didn’t want to be with Aj. That was not what he wanted.

            Kevin got home and Kiseop turned to look at him enter. He stood up from the couch and walked over to him. Kevin looked up and saw Kiseop walking towards him. This was a moment that he was waiting for.

            “Hey Kevin, I think I have an answer for you now.” Kiseop said.

            Kevin took in a deep breath. “It takes you three days just to come up with an answer?” He asked and then walked passed Kiseop to head towards the guest room where he had slept for the past two nights.

            Kiseop turned around and walked after Kevin. He followed him all the way to the guest room. “It was not an easy thing for me Kevin. I was with Aj for years and to just give you an answer right away is something difficult.” He argued.

            Kevin was facing away from Kiseop and going through things that he had in his bag that he just put on the bed. “I understand that but three days? It really does not take that long for you to decide something like that!” Kevin angrily replied.

            “Look it’s just not that easy to decide and for me it took time.” Kiseop said.

            “Whatever, you said that you have an answer. What is it?” Kevin asked impatiently.

            Kiseop took in a deep breath. “I’ve decided that I don’t love him.” He replied.

            Kevin stopped shuffling through his bag and froze. “What?” He asked in shock.

            “I said that I don’t love him anymore. I want to be with you Kevin. I really don’t want to lose you.” Kiseop replied with a bit of a stutter.

            With the stutter in Kiseop’s voice Kevin closed his eyes tightly and took in a deep breath. Kevin’s heart started to hurt inside. He was close to tears. “You are lying to me.” He said.

            Those words shocked Kiseop. “No I’m not Kevin. I want to be with you. I really do.” He said.

            “You are not lying to me about that. You are lying to me about not loving Aj anymore. You still love him and I can tell.” Kevin said and then started to shuffle through his bag again.

            “No I don’t Kevin. I love you and I want to be with you. You’re the center of my life now. Not Aj.” Kiseop explained. He then walked over to Kevin and wrapped his arms around his waist from behind while placing his chin on Kevin’s shoulder.

            “Is that all you can do to support you saying that you don’t love Aj anymore? I don’t want you using me as an excuse Kiseop. I don’t want to be why you say you don’t love Aj.” Kevin replied while holding back his tears.

            “I’m not using you as an excuse Kevin. I love you.” Kiseop said.

            “You may love me, but you love Aj more. I understand that.” Kevin said as he pulled Kiseop’s arms off from around him.

            After Kevin pulled away from Kiseop he went over to the closet and pulled out a suitcase. He placed it on the bed and started to pack his things. On the inside Kiseop was about to fall apart. But he for some reason he couldn’t find it in himself to stop Kevin physically.

            “Kevin, please don’t leave.” Kiseop said.

            Kevin’s tears started to fall from his eyes. “I’m sorry Kiseop. I can’t be with a man whose still in love with someone else.” He said.

            “Please Kevin.” Kiseop said with tears forming in his eyes. “I love you.”

            Kevin walked over to Kiseop and put his hand his cheek. “I know you do. I love you too. But this is just not supposed to be. If you think about it, from the very beginning, we have gotten together to help fix our hearts that were broken. Now that they are fixed we can move on.” He explained.

            Kiseop put his hand on Kevin’s and held it tightly. The pain was slowly starting to eat away at him on the inside. This was the end of his relationship with Kevin. But he wanted to know why Kevin wasn’t angry.

            “Why are you so calm when you know you are going to leave? And also knowing that it’s because of another man that I loved?” Kiseop asked.

            Kevin just smiled. “It’s because I know that it’s your heart talking and nothing else. When you told me that you didn’t love Aj I automatically knew. You said that you didn’t but your heart said that you do. I really don’t want to leave but I can’t stay here. I want you to understand that.”

            The two boys stared into each other’s eyes for a bit and then Kevin moved away. He went to go pack his things. Kiseop could do nothing but just watch him. As much as he wanted to stop him, he knew that he was right. In his heart he never got over Aj. He just thought that he did.

            After Kevin was done packing all his things he closed the suitcase and took it off of the bed. He rolled it over to the door and Kiseop followed him all the way over there.

            Kevin stopped and then turned around to look at Kiseop. The look on Kiseop’s face was just full of sadness. This hurt Kevin but he knew it was for the better. He walked up to Kiseop and looked him deep in his eyes.

            “I wish you the best of luck in life. I know that someday we will meet again. But as of right now I think that it would be better if we don’t see each other.” Kevin said.

            “I am so sorry Kevin.” Kiseop said.

            “It’s okay. It really couldn’t be helped. Just, take care of yourself. I don’t want to hear about you being in the hospital or anything like that.” Kevin said.

            “Thank you.” Kiseop managed to say.

            Kevin smiled and then looked at Kiseop’s lips once more. He moved to give him one last kiss goodbye. When their lips touched there was a certain sadness that fell upon them. Their kisses before felt very passionate and fulfilling but this time their kisses were sad and didn’t feel like they had anything in it.

            Kevin pulled away and put his forehead against Kiseop’s. “Goodbye Kiseop.” He said and then left the apartment.

            It took for Kevin to walk out the door for Kiseop to finally break down. That whole time he really did love Kevin. He thought that he could get over Aj and he thought he really did. But as Kevin said, he wasn’t really listening to what his heart was saying.

            While Kiseop was crying he walked over to the refrigerator and started to take out all the beer and alcohol he had. Instead of drinking it though, he started to throw them. In a way he also blamed the alcohol for ruining his life at the moment. He threw the cans and bottles in every place he possibly could. He smashed a few wine bottles against the walls and a few cans of beer onto the floor.

            The end result of the tantrum was various cans and shards of class all over the place. Some pictures were shattered as well and there was a mess in the living room. And to end all of it, Kiseop went over to the coffee table in front of the TV and kicked it over various times causing a leg to be broken.

            He sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands. All of this was just way too much for him to take all at once. He broke down and started crying. He cried as if there was no end to his pain. His heart couldn’t take it.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Outside of the building Eli and Dongho were sitting in their car watching the front door. They were trying to think of a plan. As much as Eli thought that he should give up on Kevin, he just couldn’t.

            “Hyung, you know I think this is counted as stalking.” Dongho said.

            “Don’t worry about it Dongho. We have been pretty secretive. No one really knows why we are here. And besides if anyone does come we can start making out and then they’ll just go away.” Eli explained.

            “That’s awkward.” Dongho mumbled.

            Eli was watching the front door when he saw Kevin walking out. The tears were falling down his face and he had a puffy nose. Then he saw the suitcase. “What the heck?” He said to himself.

            “What is it Hyung?” Dongho asked.

            Eli got out of the car and started to walk towards Kevin. It was not the smartest move but he just had to do it. He walked all the way over to Kevin and even called his name. When Kevin looked at him there was a certain anger that fell upon him.

            “What do you want Eli?” Kevin asked.

            “What’s wrong? Why are you crying and why do you have a suitcase?” Eli asked.

            “It’s none of your business just leave me alone.” Kevin said and started walking away.

            Eli grabbed Kevin’s wrist and held onto it. “Kevin did he do something to you? Did he kick you out of your apartment?” He asked.

            “No he didn’t. Kiseop would never do anything like that to me because he is not a jerk like you!” Kevin yelled while crying and hitting Eli. Kevin just kept crying and hitting Eli.

            The punches didn’t hurt to Eli. “Then what is wrong Kevin?” He asked.

            Kevin became weak and started to break down. He walked over to Eli and buried his face into his chest. Eli pulled Kevin closer and wrapped his arms around him. He started to feel like they were at least building a relationship through this.

            “Why, why did this have to happen to me? Why is God punishing me?” Kevin asked without thinking.

            This caused Eli’s heart to be in some real pain. He felt the pain that Kevin was feeling and it just wanted to make him cry. But he wanted to be strong for Kevin. It was obvious that Kevin wasn’t thinking clearly and for him to just leave would be a bad idea.

            “Kev, do you have a place to sleep tonight?” Eli asked.

            “I could always call my mom. But, I don’t want to bother her.” Kevin replied.

            Eli rubbed his back and nodded. “Okay, I’m taking you home with me.”

            Eli led Kevin over to his car and gave Dongho a look. Dongho got out of the car and then hopped into the back seat. Kevin took the passenger’s seat while Eli took his suitcase and put it in the trunk of his car. He then got into the driver’s seat and drove off.

            First Eli dropped Dongho off at where he lived and then he went straight over to his house. It was the house that Kevin and he shared. As he was driving Kevin fell asleep from the emotional rollercoaster he just endured.

            When Eli pulled up to the house he basically had to carry Kevin in. He didn’t want to wake him up since he didn’t feel it was necessary. He placed Kevin on the bed that they used to share together.

            As he took one look at Kevin he saw that he seemed to have such peace when he was asleep. Eli rubbed Kevin’s cheek with the back on his hand and smiled.

            “It’s good to finally have you back home.” Eli said. He then went back out to the car and got Kevin’s things. He later got ready for bed and slept on the couch that night.

 

A/N: I feel like it's been forever since I updated. Hi guys :) Well it finally happened. As much as I wanted to cry I didn't because I know the outcome of this all. But it was hard to write. Thanks for reading and thanks to all my suscribers. I love you all very much. :) Also don't forget to comment because I loved reading them ;)