Do I Still Love Him?

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            “Aj, what are you doing here?” Kiseop managed to ask Aj.

            Aj sighed and tried to speak. “I finished up my studies so I returned. I just wanted to see how you were doing.” He managed to say.

            Kiseop was at a loss for words again. He had no idea what to say to Aj now. He had no idea how to even feel about the situation. In the background though he could hear Kevin get up from the couch and walk over.

            “Kiseop who is at the door?” Kevin asked.

            Kiseop looked back and saw Kevin walking towards him. He came up right next to Kiseop with a giant smile and looked at Aj. He didn’t recognize him at first. “Hi, I’m Aj.” Aj introduced himself.

            Kevin’s smile disappeared after hearing the name. He looked at Kiseop to see how he was taking it. Kiseop cleared his throat and looked away from him. “Oh, I’m Kevin. It’s nice meeting you.” He replied while acting like he had no idea who Aj was.

            “It’s nice to meet you too.” Aj said.

            Kevin bit his lip and then looked at Kiseop and back at Aj. “Uh, would you like to come in? You must be tired.” He offered.

            Aj looked stunned. “Oh, no thank you. I should probably get going. I just wanted to see how Kiseop was doing. I can see that he’s doing well.” He replied and then put on a smile.

            “That’s a shame. Maybe we can all meet up sometime. I would love to get to know you. A friend of Kiseop’s is a friend of mine.” Kevin said.

            Kiseop turned and looked at Kevin with wide eyes. “Kevin I need to talk to Aj alone. Could you please excuse us?” He asked.

            Kevin nodded and then walked further inside the house. Kiseop watched him walk further into the house and then stepped out and closed the door. Kiseop looked at Aj and then sighed. “I thought you were going to be in the states for a while longer.” He said.

            Aj looked away and swallowed. “I managed to finish my studies early. I, I wanted to see you so I did the best I could to finish early.”

            “Well, you can see that you didn’t finish quick enough.” Kiseop said with a bit of anger in his voice.

            “I realize that now. I had hoped to be done quicker than I was. I wanted to come back to you but I can see now that I am way too late.” Aj replied.

            Kiseop scoffed and had a bit of a laugh. “Did you really expect for me to wait for you when you didn’t text or call me back after four months of constantly keeping in contact? Is that really what you thought would happen?” He asked rhetorically.

            Aj shook his head. “I didn’t. But I wanted to call and text you. I was just always busy trying to keep up with my studies and I just couldn’t find the time to talk or text. I knew that if I were to talk or text you that I would never get anything done.” He explained.

            Kiseop sighed. “Look, when you left you told me that if I got lonely to go and find someone else. Well I got lonely and I found someone else. You are too late and you broke my heart. Goodbye Aj.” He said and started to turn around.

            Aj bit his lip and caught Kiseop’s arm. “Kiseop please let me explain. Give me the time to at least do that.” He pleaded.

            Kiseop pulled his arm away from Aj. “I don’t think that you could tell me something that I would necessarily believe. I’m sorry Aj.” He said. He then opened his door and went inside. Aj was in complete shock.

            Aj put his hands in his pockets and started to walk away. He had to save whatever pride was left. He walked away from Kiseop’s door and left as soon as he could. He got into his car and sat there for a moment. He could feel the tears rolling down his cheeks. This reunion was not the one he had in his mind. It involved Kiseop running into his arms and them holding each other close. Kissing each other like there was no tomorrow. That was what he had imagined. Not what had just happened. Not at all.

           

<3<3<3

 

            Kiseop was leaning against the door breathing deeply. Kevin ran over to him and gave him the biggest hug he could. Kiseop hugged him back and buried his face in his shoulder.

            “I know it was hard Kiseop. But maybe this can help you a little more. If you two just talk it out then maybe you and him could at least be friends again.” Kevin explained.

            Kiseop hugged Kevin tighter. “You don’t understand Kevin. He just disappeared from me and just to see him again put my heart in a shock.” He replied.

            “I know that I don’t understand that pain, but I did have a boyfriend who cheated on me multiple times. I know the pain in your heart and I can say that it does . I know I have no right to say this but you have to learn to forgive.” Kevin explained.

            Kiseop let go of Kevin and stood up straight. “You know what, you are right. But I am tired now and honestly I just want a drink.” He said.

            Kiseop walked away from Kevin and went into the kitchen. He pulled out a few bottles of soju and opened one. He started to swallow the whole bottle in one breath. Kevin saw this and sighed.

            Once Kiseop but the bottle down he went to open the next one. Kevin walked over to him and stopped him. “This is not the way you should handle this problem. This isn’t going to solve anything. It’s just going to make you stupid.” He explained.

            Kiseop looked and Kevin and sighed. “Can you please just let me do this? Just tonight to get over the shock and then I’ll be done.” He said.

            Kevin rolled his eyes and walked away. “Do whatever you want Kiseop. I am not going to stop you. Just know that you are sleeping alone tonight.” He said and then went into the guest room and closed the door.

            This angered Kiseop. He downed another bottle of soju and grew even angrier than he was before. He was just so frustrated that he just kept drinking and drinking the night away. He drank so much that he didn’t even make it back to his bed.

 

<3<3<3

 

            For the next few days Kiseop was a mess. He was drinking like there was no tomorrow. It was the exact same thing that he did when Aj left. It was how he solved dealing with his pain. But Kevin was not satisfied at all. He basically had to force Kiseop to go to bed every night.

            One day Kevin was fed up with Kiseop’s drinking. While Kiseop was at work he came home early and gathered all the alcohol he could find in the house. He knew that Kiseop was sneaky when it came to alcohol so he had to look all over the house. He found some on some shelves, some in the other rooms, behind furniture, and even under Kiseop’s bed. It was almost ridiculous how much alcohol there was.

            The first thing Kevin did was try to give some bottles to his neighbors and his family. He didn’t care what happened to it as long as it was out of the house. He got rid of a few bottles but there was still quite a few left. So he did what he thought necessary. He took all the alcohol and poured it down the sink.

            Kiseop arrived home not too long after that. He put down his things in his room and walked over to the kitchen. Kevin was making some dinner for the two of them with the stove. Kiseop walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He opened a cabinet and looked around. He then started looking in different places.

            “What are you looking for?” Kevin asked while knowing exactly what he was looking for.

            “Kevin, what happened to all my wine and soju?” Kiseop asked.

            Kevin continued cooking. “Oh, I dumped it all down the sink.” He said bluntly.

            “Excuse me?” Kiseop asked.

            “I dumped it all down the sink. I figured that you have drunk enough to last you a few months the last few days so I just took matters into my own hands.” Kevin said.

            Kiseop was about to explode but he kept it all in. “What made you think that that was a good idea?” He asked.

            “Well you have just been so stressed lately that I thought drinking wasn’t good for you.” Kevin replied.

            “You don’t know what is good for me Kevin! If I want a drink then I will drink!” Kiseop now snapped.

            “You need to stop drinking your life away! We all go through pain Kiseop! You just try and drown yours with alcohol! It’s not healthy.” Kevin yelled back.

            Kiseop ran his hand through his hair and walked out of the kitchen. He went into the living room and let out a scream. Kevin rolled his eyes and stopped everything. He turned off the stove and walked into the living room.

            Kiseop was sitting on the couch now with his face in his hands. Kevin sighed and walked over to the couch and sat next to Kiseop. He put his arms around him and leaned his head on his shoulder.

            While taking in a deep breath, Kiseop turned and kissed Kevin on the top of his head. “I’m sorry I yelled at you.” He said.

            “You are forgiven.” Kevin replied.

            Kiseop smiled and turned to give Kevin a kiss on the lips. Kevin loved the kiss but there was something not right about it this time. He didn’t feel the same passion and love that he usually felt from Kiseop.

            When they pulled away Kevin had a strange feeling. Kiseop saw the look on Kevin’s face. “Is everything okay?” He asked.

            “Kiseop, tell me the truth. Do you love me?” Kevin asked.

            Kiseop smiled. “I love you Kevin.” He replied.

            “Okay, then tell me, do you love Aj too?” Kevin now asked.

            Kiseop felt like he had been blindsided. “Well I was in love with him for a while before you came into my life.” He admitted.

            Kevin nodded and bit his lip. “Then this is very important. Do you still love him?”

            Kiseop leaned back on the couch and sighed. How was he going to respond to something like that? He didn’t even know how he felt about Aj anymore. He just sat there and thought about it for a while.

 

A/N: I am so sorry that it took me so long to write this. I usually give you guys like weekly updates but it has just been a hectic life for me right now. Do expect for me to have more spread out updates. Thank you to lover226 for giving me the inspiration for this chapter. You are awesome and I love you! I had such bad writers block for this chapter but hopefully you guys liked it. I know its a bit depressing for Valentines day but if I am lucky then maybe I can get the next Soohoon chapter to come out soon with a little Valentines day theme. Anywho thanks to all my subscribers and readers. You guys really keep me going. Please leave comments about what you think. I love reading them.