Leaving You?

Everything Happens For a Reason

 

 
Suzy POV 
"Mom, dad, you're home early today," I said as I walked in the living room.
"Of course we had to welcome Dae Hyun back home," my mom said as she led us to the sofa.
"But I'm only staying for a month, I have a scholorship in London to study photography," Dae Hyun said handing my parents as envelope.
"Oh my, congratulations, son," my dad said as he patted his back.
"Oppa, you signed up for that too?" I asked as I saw the name of the school.
"Too?" my mom asked curiously.
"Mom, I signed up for that too. I was going to tell you if I got accepted," I said.
"Oh my, you too are really best friends," my father said. Just then a maid walked in with an envelope addressed to me.
"What's that sweetheart?" my mom asked.
I opened the envelope. My eyes started tearing up.
"Mom, dad, I got accepted!" I shouted with joy showing them the letter.
"I really think you two are insepretable," my father said.
"Dae Hyun, it looks like you have to take care of her again," my mother said.
"Lets go out tonight to celebrate," my mom suggested.
We all agreed. The rest of the evening, I was with oppa. We talked about everything and I told him about L.Joe.
"Suzy, I think it'll a good choice to tell him you're leaving especially if it's the day of the wedding," he said.
"But what if he doesn't try to hold onto me? It'll hurt too much," I said.
"Remember when we were little, and your favorite book was The Red String That Holds Us Together?" he asked.
"Yeah but what does that have to do with anything?"
"Suzy, if you two are meant to be, the string will hold you two together. No matter what."
"Excuse me," one of my maids said as she walked in. "Your mother and father asked you two to get ready."
"Okay, thank you," I said.
I kicked Dae Hyun out of my room and got ready to go. We were going to a fancy place so we had to dress nice. I wore a simple white dress, a cardigan, and white heels. I curled my hair and put on my jewlery mom got me for my last birthday. Dae Hyun wore a black suit and dressy shoes.
"Wow, you two look like a couple," my mom said as we came down the stairs.
 
L.Joe POV
Tonight, we were going to have dinner with both families at a fancy place, so I wore a simple suit. Jiyeon wore a black dress and black heels. We finally arrived. I saw Suzy. She was really pretty, but she was with that guy again. He looked really familiar. I just couldn't remember. They were linking arms. They looked like a couple from here. My thoughts were disturbed by Jiyeon holding onto my arm.
"Oppa, lets go in."
"Sure."
"Wow you guys make a cute couple," her mother said as we walked to the table.
"Thanks mom."
 
Suzy POV
I saw L.Joe at the table next to ours.
"Suzy, you should just marry Dae Hyun. You two look so good together. You've also been best friends since you two were little," my mom said after ordered.
"Should we?" I asked oppa making a cute face.
"Of course we should. I'm the only one who can take care of you," he said pinching my cheeks.
Then I heard L.Joe coughing. My parents looked over at the other table.
"Oh my, isn't it the Lee Ind." my dad said as he saw them.
"Chairman Bae, good seing you here," L.Joe's father said.
"Madame Bae," he also said.
"This is my wife, my son L.joe, my daughter-in-law, and my in laws," he said.
"Nice to see you guys. I remember getting the invitation, we'd be happy to come." my mother said.
"It would be an honor to have you," Mrs.Lee replied.
"This is my daughter Suzy and this is my son-in-law Jung Dae Hyun," my father said.
"Omo, I didn't know you had a son-in-law," Mrs.Lee said. "Isn't he the son of Jung Co.?"
"He is my daughter's best friend. They've known each other since they were little," my father said.
"They're getting ready to leave on a scholorship to study in London," my mother added.
"I wouldn't expect anything less from the daughter of Bae Co. Congradulations," Mr.Lee said.
"Thank you. Enjoy your dinner," my father said.
"You too," replied Mr.Lee.
L.Joe POV
Son-in-law? Friends? Marriage? London!?!?!
"Excuse me, I'll be right back," I heard Suzy say.
"I'm going to the restroom," I said and walked towards Suzy.
"Suzy," I said when we got to the restroom. "How have you been?"
"Fine. How about you?" she asked.
I wanted to tell her to stop me from getting married. To hold onto me. But I couldn't.
"Same," I replied.
"I guess I'm going back now," I said.
"L.Joe, I'm going to study in London for 4 years. I won't come back until then," She said.
"When did you make that decision?" I asked turning back to face her.
"Right now," she said.