What happened between us?

Everything Happens For a Reason

 

L.Joe
About 2 hours after Suzy left, my parents shwed up.
"Son, we've found a girl that we want you to marry," my father said.
"From now on, you 2 are engaged," said my mom.
And then a pretty girl walked in, but she wasn't as pretty as Suzy.
"She's one of my buisness partner's daughter," my father said.
"Why don't you spend the day together?" my mother suggested and then her and my father left, leaving me and Jiyeon alone.
"Oppa, what should we do today?" she asked trying to think of something to do.
"Look, Jiyeon you're pretty and everything, but I like someone else," I said.
"It doesn't matter oppa I always get what I want."
So I decided to spend the day with her thinking it would get her off me. I was so wrong. Whatever I did, she found it was funny or cute. Finally we made back to my apartment and she started asking if she could stay the night.
"Oppa, we're engaged now. Can't I just stay the night?" she asked.
"Jiyeon, you can't," I said.
"But oppa."
"Jiyeon, stop. Just go home." 
I thought I heard someone at the door but I thought it was just one of my neighbors passing by.
"Fine, I'll leave," she said pouting and then swiftly kissed me on the cheek and ran out.
I looked at my phone and saw I had a missed call from Suzy. I called her back, but there was no answer, so I thought she was sleeping.
Suzy POV
L.Joe was calling me but I didn't answer, I didn't want to think about him or hear his voice.
From that day on, I didn't answer his calls or reply to his texts. I told my friends what happened and they comforted me. They told me that I was making the right choice. But I felt so empty. I was emotionally drained and I think my friends noticed, they always tried to cheer me up. However, I always turned down thier offers. But one day I decided to go clubbing with them. I wore a short white dress (but not too short because I didn't want to disappoint my parents) and white heels. My friends all looked great too. When we walked into the club, we headed straight for the dance floor. I started dancing when I felt someone grinding up against me. I turned around and saw Jr.
"Oppa?"
"Suzy?"
He was a great dancer and he looked even cuter now. We danced together but nothing too touchy. We went to the bar together and I told him everything. I felt comfortable talking to him. I don't know why, I just do.
"Did you talk to him about it?"
"No, I don't want anything to do with him for now"
 All my friends left me so I was left with Jr. He was really good at listening and I found out that he was the same as me. I mean as family problems go. His parents are at work a lot too, so he took on a part time job to kill time. In the end, I was the only one who drank so Jr. drove my car and took me home.
"Oppa you can take my car if you want and I could pick it up at the coffee shop tomorrow.
"Alright, just remember to pick it up," he said zooming off.
L.Joe POV
Suzy wouldn't pick up my calls or reply. I got really frustrated. What happened to us? Why was she ignoring me? And on top of that, Jiyeon was sticking to me like glue. It was her birthday tonight so my parents made me go to the club for her birthday party.
"Oppa let's dance."
"Fine, but only this once." I started to show off my dancing skills and I could tell she was amazed. Then I saw Suzy at the bar with another guy. What was she doing? Is this why she was ignoring me? And then I saw them leaving. I couldn't concentrate the reat of the night. My mind was stuck on Suzy and that guy. What happened to us?