Be My Contract Lover

"Please Be Nice To Me"

 (Nali's POV)

As soon as I walked into my condo, Rita ran over to me, nearly knocking me over.

"Hey, what’s with that face?” Rita questioned.

“I don’t know what to do. Appa thinks that I’m really together with Kim Hyun Joong. The whole media seems to put it that way. With this rumor going around, it isn’t so good for my career and Appa’s business.” I told as I let out a sigh.

“And to top it off, Appa thinks that he's more than my boyfriend. Honestly, Appa won’t listen to my side of the story. But for some reason, he wasn’t mad at me. He didn’t really yell at me like he usually does. He sounded a bit happy, I think.” I told Rita.

“What are you going to do?" She asked me. I shook my head not really knowing what to do in this situation.

“He didn’t’ yell or get mad at you. That’s so strange. Rita remarked.

"I know.. I feel happy that he's actually talking to me without yelling too much." I told Rita.

"But I can’t lie to the world saying that I’m dating Kim Hyun Joong.  I have to get everything straightened out even if it means making Appa mad." I told her.

"And how are you going to do that?" Rita questioned. I shrugged my shoulders. We both sighed.

“Get some rest. It’s already so late at night. It looks like you’ve had a long day.” Rita said. I agreed with her and just called it a night. I’m glad that I have her by my side. She such an amazing friend, I wouldn’t trade her for the world.

(Hyun Joong’s POV) 

Our grandparents left Hana’s wedding right after the reception. But before they left I still remember the conversation with my grandparents.

“You little brat! Why didn’t tell your old man that you already have a girlfriend?” Grandpa said as he jokingly smacked me on my head. Grandma gently my head.

“Dear! Why would you hit your grandson like that?” Grandma snapped at Grandpa.

“But really. Granny thought that I wouldn’t be able to live to see the day that you and Hana have your own family. Now that your little sister is settling down, it’s your turn.” Grandma said to me.

“You’ve worked so hard to provide for this family. You’ve built your company from scrap all on your own and you’ve gotten so far. You didn’t even have time for yourself. I was beginning to worry about you. It’s time for you to get married and start your family.” Grandpa said.

“Don’t keep your Grandpa and I waiting any longer. We’d love to meet your girlfriend. Now you can’t lie to us saying you don’t have a girlfriend. It’s all over the news that you are with Gun Nali. We don’t know how much longer we have on earth…” Grandma told me. 

“Grandma, don’t talk like that.” I told her as I gave her a hug. My grandparents are everything to me. They are my world. I’ve learned everything and became the man I am today because of them. I’m willing to do anything for them just the make them happy.

“I promise I’ll bring her to meet you soon.” I promised them.

“You promise?” Grandma asked happily.

“Don’t you lie to your elders?” Grandpa yelled.

“I promise.” I told them. They looked so excited to meet Nali. After they got their promise from me, they left the wedding early. I continued drinking with the guys until the wedding was over. I already had Gun Nali investigated. I know that her dad manages his own shipping business. And that business isn’t going so well. I’ve also learned that she doesn’t get along with her dad. Maybe it’s because she is an embarrassment to her family. So her father disowned her.

(Nali’s POV)

It was well past midnight when I heard a knock on my door.

*knock knock*

"Who can that possibly be at this time of night?” I questioned myself out loud as I got out of bed. I put on a robe before I went to open the door. I couldn’t believe who was standing right in front of me. It was Kim Hyun Joong.

"Y- You.." was all that came out of my mouth. He made is way inside my condo without even being invited inside.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled at him. Argh! I forgot that he knows where I lived.

"How did you know which room I stayed in, the workers aren't allowed to tell anyone?" I asked him again.

"Nali, it isn't that hard to ask the ladies at the counter. Plus they know who I am and what I am to you." He simply said with a smile.

---Hyun Joong thinking back to the front desk----

I walked up to the front counter of the condo.

"Hello, how ma--... omo it's him! Kim Hyun Joong! Omo it's really him!" The lady at the counter started to squeal.

"Shh..." I told her. She quickly covered .

"Omo, i'm so sorry.. ho- how may I help you? Wait, sorry I asked. You must be here to see your girlfriend, correct?" She asked. I nodded with a smile.

"Wah.. so sweet.. She’s in room 128 on the very top floor." She told me. I thanked her and headed to Nali's room.

"Ahh.. so handsome!!" I heard her screamed as I walked away.

----end of flashback-----

"I told them that I was your boyfriend." He answered. I swear my head was going to explode. I quickly grabbed a pillow and chucked it at him. But he had fast reflexes; he quickly caught it like a pro.

"STOP throwing things!" He yelled.

“What do you want from me? Why are you here? I questioned him.

“Since the whole world thinks that you and I are together. You must become my girlfriend.”

“What? Why should I do that?” I asked him. I felt so frustrated.

“You know you are a model and I am a CEO to my business. My whole family thinks that we are together just like the whole world does. It’s not good for the both of us to have rumors going around that we are together when we aren’t. It will ruin our reputation.” Hyun Joong explained. After hearing what Hyun Joong wants me to do, my mind went blank.

“Not my real girlfriend. Only in name. I will draw up a contract.” He calmly said.

"Starting from today, we will be acting as if we are dating." He said.

"And what makes you think that I'm going to do this?" I asked him.

"You will do it because of your father. His business isn’t doing well. He’s going bankrupt. If you become my contract girlfriend then I’ll save his business." He said with a smirk. At this point, I really wanted to punch him in the face countless times. How does he know about Appa’s business? Even I don’t know anything about Appa’s business. Appa never tells me anything. He doesn’t want me to be apart of his family ever since Umma was accused of cheating on him. What does Hyun Joong really want from me? Is he telling the truth about Appa’s business?