Lets Get A Divorce

"Please Be Nice To Me"

(Hana’s POV)

--Before Falling into a Coma—

I’ve frozen all of my bank accounts so Jay Oppa can’t steal anymore money from me. I’ve been trying to build up my courage to talk to Umma and Appa about Jay Oppa but I just can’t bring myself to do it. At about 3:00 pm, Jay Lai Oppa came home. I was in my room when he came inside, slamming the door behind him.

“Why’d you freeze the account?!” He screamed at me.

“Because it’s my money!” I said calmly.

“Unfreeze it now!” He yelled.

“No, I will not. You can no longer tell me what to do!” I said to him, leaving my room. Oppa followed behind me.

“Where are you going?” He asked, trying to stop me.

“Away from you! I’m honestly tired of the way you’ve been treating me. You come home to me, drunk. You reek of alcohol and you have lipstick marks all over you!” I yelled back.

“So? What about it?” He asked.

“Oppa? What do you mean, what about if? I’m your wife! But you’ve never slept with me once! Yet you go out sleeping with other girls?” I cried.

“It’s better that way! Spending money on them and sleeping with them. Best part is, it’s not even my money in using! It’s free money from a dumb women… YOU!” He laughed at me.

“If you know that I don’t love you, then divorce me so I could go marry the girl I really love!” Oppa said in the most meanest way. I felt like my heart is crumbling.

“And who is this girl you love so much?!” I asked him.

“Oh you know her. You know her real well! It’s your big brother’s girlfriend, Nali!” He finally told me. The girl… the girl that he loves this whole time is Nali. I could feel my whole insides crushing down on me. My chest hurts so much. I feel like I can’t breathe. Nali..

“You and Nali.. You love Nali?” I cried. My tears were falling uncontrollably. Now it makes sense… Nali. She was trying to tell me… but she couldn’t tell me. She didn’t want to hurt me…

“YES! The women I love is Nali! Now I want to marry her! Let’s get a divorce!” He said so happily. I really mean nothing to him.

“I’m not going to divorce you!” I cried.

“What did you say?” He asked me as he grabbed a hold of my arms really harshly. “I said I’m not going to divorce you!” I repeated myself. Next thing I knew, he slapped me across my face. He kept on hitting me repeatedly.

“Even if you kill me, I won’t let you ever be with her.” I told him. He wrapped his hands around my neck and began to choke me. I won’t let him ruin Hyun Joong Oppa’s happiness. If he’s happy with Nali, then that’s all it matters. I’ll suffer. “No matter what, even if you are dead or alive; I will still be with Nali.” He said while choking me.

“How could you hurt me like this, after everything I’ve done for you?” I asked him while trying to ply his hands off my neck.

“Honestly Nali was stupid like you too. She didn’t know that I was with you too. She left me because she found out that I was with you.” Jay Oppa told me. I knew it… I believe that Nali is a good women… she has no bad intentions.

“Then leave Nali alone! She’s with Hyun Joong Oppa.” I told him.

“No! I won’t let those two be together. She can only be with me!! If you die, then I can be with her. Maybe she’ll give me another chance.” His yells became laughter’s. He seemed as if he’s gone insane. He pushed me and I lost my balance. I tried to grab onto him but he moved away from me. I fell down the long flight of stairs. I felt like my life was flashing right before my eyes. No matter what happens to me, I hope that Nali is safe from Jay Oppa. Hyun Joong Oppa… please keep Nali safe.

(Hyun Joong’s POV)

I flew to Korea straight away after the phone call with my mom. Hana must be in a bad condition. I should have stayed in Korea. Maybe if I stayed, Hana wouldn’t be in the hospital. If I didn’t want to see Nali, if I didn’t go to Phuket, things would be different.

--At the hospital—

I pushed through the hospital door and ran into the room the Hana was in. Umma, Appa and JungMin were inside.

“Oh, Hyun Joong, you’re finally here.” Umma stood up from her seat beside Hana and made her way over to me. She was still crying. I hugged Umma and tried to calm her down.

I stared at Hana who was lying on the hospital bed still unconscious. She had bruises on her arms and scars on her face. Her neck was red, it looked as if she’s been choked by someone. She had a black eye. My little sister’s right arm was also broken. Hana was connected to oxygen tubes to help her breathe. I could already guess who did this to her. It’s got to be Jay Lai! That bastard!

“What did the doctors say? How’s Hana’s condition?” I asked them.

“The Doctor said that Hana had a minor heart attack before she was pushed down the stairs. She’s been suffering so much pain. As you can see, her right arm is broken too. She suffered from a minor heart attack because she has a heart condition and falling down the stairs; and hitting her head… It caused her to be in a coma.” Appa replied.

“Where is he?!” I yelled out.

“He fled.” Jung Min answered.

“Hana accidently called me, while Jay Lai was beating her. That’s how I knew she needed help.” He said. 

“I heard him yelling at Hana saying he will marry “the other girl” and told Hana to sign the divorce papers.” He continued.

“My baby… if I knew she was unhappy I wouldn’t have given her hand to that horrible man! Look what he’s done to our poor Hana!” Umma cried.

“Hyun Joong, you have to help Hana. You must get revenge for her!” Umma begged. She didn’t even have to tell me. I already knew what I need to do.

“I promise, I won’t let anyone who hurts Hana live a good life. Umma please go get some rest, I’ll take care of everything.” I told Umma, holding her trembling hands.

“Chen, take my Umma and Appa home to rest.” I told my butler.

“Yes, Young Master.” He said and did as he was told.

“This was please Madam and Master.” He said opened the door for them. After they left, I turned to Jung Min who was staring helplessly at Hana.

“Tell me everything you know.” I told him.

“Jay Lai has been stealing Hana’s money. He’s been beating her, but she’s been hiding it from everyone. Hana knows that Jay’s been taking her money so she locked her accounts so he couldn’t take anymore. He was really mad about that so he beat her more than he usually did. They were arguing about Nali... Jay told her he wants a divorce, so he could marry the other girl. Hana refuses the divorce. I couldn't hear the rest because her phone got disconnected. In the surveillance camera, they were arguing by the stairs, he even grabbed her by the neck and choked her. He eventually pushed her down the stairs.” Jung Min told me.

“Hana I’m so sorry. I could have stopped all of this if I was here. If only I wasn’t with Nali…” I said out loud.

“He’s still thinking about marrying other girls, when he’s married to Hana!” I said between grinding my teeth.

“I’m sorry Hyung.. I should have kept a closer eye on Hana. I’m sorry I let this happen.”  Jung Min apologized.

“Don’t apologize. It’s not your fault. This is all Nali’s fault! If it wasn’t for her, Hana wouldn’t be hurt like this.” I told him.

“Hyung.. I don’t think Nali knows anything..” He began.

“Nali and Jay are probably planning something together. He even mentioned that he wanted to marry Nali?! I’m not letting that happen!” I told him.

“What are you planning on doing?” Jung Min asked me.

“I’m going to marry Nali. That way, those two cannot be together.” I told him.

“Hyung! But marriage isn’t something that you should joke with. I don’t think it’s a good idea.” He said. I just ignored him.

“Tell me what’s going on with Mr. Gun.” I asked me.

“After Mr. Gun received money from you, he was planning on fleeing to overseas. But a group of loan sharks stopped him before he could. Turns out that Niran borrowed money from loan sharks in his name. So they went after him. Mr. Gun knows nothing about it. They really messed him up bad. He’s in a coma and also on life support.” Jung Min informed me.

“Keep this from Nali.” I told him. Since Hana is in the hospital because of Nali… It’s a good thing that Mr. Gun is in the hospital too. If I get married to Nali, I could keep her from Jay Lai. And if she misbehaves, I could always threaten her with Mr. Gun. He’s on life support and Nali is penniless. If I wanted to take him off life support, I could. But I’m sure she doesn’t want to see her dad die. She’ll do as I say.

 

 

 

 

(Author's Note)

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed this little update. I'm sorry it isn't much; there will be more later. Please don't forget to leave me your comments! Have a great day. Please stay safe and healthy.