He's A Cheater

"Please Be Nice To Me"

(Hana's POV)

I didn’t want to go back to my condo where Jay Lai Oppa could find me. So I decided to go to my parents’ house. The house was empty; Umma and Appa must be out attending a party tonight. Oppa still isn’t home from Thailand. The maids must have all gone to bed. I ran straight to my room and locked my door. My knees feel so weak, I slid down the door and began to weep.

"Jay Lai Oppa... Why?" I asked myself. I love you so much, how could you cheat on me? We were even getting married. I went to my bed and sat on it. I took out my cell phone and called Jay Lai Oppa. But Oppa wouldn't pick up. It went straight to voice mail. I called him 5 times and it did the same thing five times.

"Oppa, why don't you pick up my phone calls?" I asked. I put my phone down and continued crying. Should I let Oppa go? Or should I still continue on with this wedding? I asked myself. Throughout the whole night, I couldn't get any sleep. I looked through all of the pictures that Jay Oppa and I took together. The pictures were scattered all over my bed and the floor. Looking at these pictures brought back so much memories. I really don’t want to let him go. I can’t give up on him. I cannot lose him. Maybe if I act as if nothing happened and I know nothing about what he’s doing behind my back, things will be okay? I wanted to disappear from this place, but I know that I can’t. I can't leave Jay Lai Oppa, I love him too much. I got up and took a shower and as soon as I was done, I went back to the way I was. I didn't open my curtains. At 6:30 am, there was a knock on my door.

"Miss Hana, breakfast is ready." the maid knocked on my door. They must of seen my shoes, that’s how they knew I’m home.

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"But Miss Hana, you must eat a little something." She said.

"I said I'm not hungry! Leave me alone!" I yelled and she left. I looked at mine and Oppa's picture.

"Please come back to me Oppa, leave her and come back to me." I told the Oppa in the picture. At 6:45 am, there was another knock at the door.

"I SAID I'M NOT HUNGRY!!" I yelled.

"Hana, its Oppa. I'm coming in." Oppa said. I wiped my tears. Oppa's home! He's finally back! Oppa went to get the spare key from the maids. My bedroom door flung open and Oppa walked in. He walked over to my bed and saw the mess on the floor.

"Oppa.." I cried. Oppa sat beside me on my bed and hugged me.

"Oppa, you’re finally back. I’ve missed you so much!" I cried even more as I held onto my older brother. I’m now sobbing like a baby.

"Hana what's wrong? What is going on here? Why are you crying?" Oppa asked me softly as he removed some strands of hair out of my face.

"Oppa, I missed you.." I told him. I didn't want to tell Oppa the truth.

"Hana, Oppa missed you too. But why are you doing this to yourself? It’s because of that bastard isn’t it?" He asked me again. He looked at the images on my bed and picked one of them up. I grabbed it out of his hand.

"Oppa, it's nothing. I'm just happy that Oppa's here now. I was just looking through all these pictures to see how far we’ve become now." I lied. Oppa released me from his arms and looked straight in my face.

"Hana, I know you better than this. You cannot lie to me. I see right through you.” He told me. I began to cry even harder and hugged him again.

“I know Oppa, I’m sorry… Oppa, my heart.” I began.

“Oppa, last night I saw.. I saw Jay Lai Oppa with another girl. She also had the same ring as me.” I showed Oppa the ring that Jay Lai Oppa gave me.

“But last night, that woman gave him the ring back. Oppa, he’s cheating on me. I feel like my heart is going to burst. I can’t breathe.” I told my brother.

“Who is this woman?” Oppa asked as his hands formed into a fist.

“I don’t know. I didn’t see her face. All I know is that I want him back. I want this woman out of my life. And out of Jay Lai Oppa’s life.” I cried.

“Don’t worry. I will take care of this. But for now, let’s go downstairs and eat. Umma and Appa are waiting” he said. I nodded. He helped me get out of bed. I went to wash my face and he waited for me outside my room. Before we walked down the stairs, I stopped him.

“Oppa, can you not tell anyone about this? I don’t want Umma and Appa to know. Oppa nodded in agreement. We walked downstairs together. Finally, everyone is having breakfast together. Everyone seemed to be eating happily but I couldn't. I couldn't eat. I missed Jay Lai Oppa.

(Hyun Joong's POV)

Who is this woman that is ruining my sister’s life? I hate seeing my little sister miserable. I only want to see her happy. I promise that I’ll do whatever it takes to make my sister happy again. Hana didn't eat much at breakfast today. I’m going to have to teach that Jay Lai bastard a lesson as well. He’s going to pay for what he did to Hana. Hana tried her best to smile in front of our parents.

“Hyun Joong, please stay with us longer this time. Put work on hold. I really miss you. Without you and Hana home, it feels so empty.” Umma said.

“I agree with Umma. Hyun Joong, you’ve worked so hard. You deserve a break.” Appa agreed.

“Thank you Umma and Appa. It’s nice to be back at home. I really miss Umma’s home cooked meals. It’s the best! And Umma got even more beautiful.” I smiled.

“Hey you only compliment your Umma?” Appa jokingly wined.

“Appa, you haven’t aged a bit. Still good looking sharp like always.” I told Appa. We all laughed.

Today I was going to go meet my friends so we could go buy our tuxedos for my Hana’s wedding. After eating, I gave Umma a kiss and told Hana to take care and left. My friends were waiting outside for me. I got into Jungmin’s car and we drove off. We were talking about how much my little sister has grown. Just as Jungmin was pulling up on the parking lot, I saw two familiar faces.

"Hey, isn't that Jay Lai?" asked Hyung Jun. I looked at my friends then back to the two.

"It is him! What is he doing with that girl? It looks like he is trying to hold her hand!" Kyu Jong yelled out.

“That’s model Gun Nali. She’s becoming very famous.” Jungmin said.

That girl.. That’s the girl that I almost hit! What are they doing? I thought to myself. Why is he following that girl around when he should be with my sister? She’s the girl that Jay Lai is cheating on Hana with? That girl kept on walking away from Jay Lai but Jay Lai ran in front of her and hugged her. She pushed him out of her way and walked away. He stopped following her but he yelled out to her.

“I really love you Gun Nali!” He yelled out loud.

“WHAT did he just say?” Young Saeng asked as his eyes widened. All of my friends looked confused.

“He’s been cheating on Hana with her.” I told them.

“What?!” They all asked at the same time.

“You guys heard me. Hana told me this morning… He’s going to pay for this. And so will that woman.” I told them. She seemed to ignore him. I watched as she disappeared from the scene. I can't let that girl take Jay Lai away from Hana. My sister's happiness always comes first and I won't let anyone or anything ruin it! I'll come in between that girl and Jay Lai. She must suffer for what she is doing to my sister!

 

(Nali’s POV)

Jay Lai Oppa... this was the reason why you didn't want to make our relationship public! I wasn't the only one you had! You also had the other girl. I had to keep our relationship to myself and Rita and not let anyone else know. You told me that I couldn't tell anyone who I was with. But everyone knows that I had a boyfriend, but they didn't know who. I know your reason now. You liar! I yelled out loud to the open air. I decided to go for a walk to get my mind off of him. It's hard and it hurts, but I can't live my life with a man like him. I picked up a pebble and held it tightly in my hands.

"Jay Lai Oppa, to me you are this pebble. You are so little to me right now. All our memories, laughter, love, fun times that we had together, I'll forget it all. I'll forget all the pain that you put me through. From this day on wards, I'll forget about you. I will no longer know a person like you. There will no longer be you in this life of mine. I put everything, all my feelings for you inside this pebble." I spoke to the sky. I threw the pebble into the river. I felt a little better now. I'll no longer keep any feelings I had for you; it's all been thrown away. It's like I put Oppa back in the "ocean" where he belong. I thought to myself. It's getting pretty late now; I should get back to my condo. I began to walk back along the path quietly. I saw many couples walking around hand in hand. Oppa and I never really got to do that. We always had to be careful with what we did.

"Why are you out here alone at night? Don't you know how dangerous it is?" I heard a familiar voice ask me. I turned around and it was him again. The guy who nearly killed me. I picked up my pace and began to walk away from him. But he caught up.

"You really shouldn't be out here alone." He warned again. I stopped and faced him.

"I said I was sorry for the other day. What do you want from me?" I asked him. He just smiled.

"I won't accept your apology, so just save it for the next person." He said. I began to get frustrated and continued walking. But he still followed.

"I won't accept it because that's not the reason you should apologies about." He said.

"Then what is it that I need to apologies about? What have I ever done to you?" I asked him while walking.

"It's not me who you should apologies to." He said. I stopped again.

"What do you want from me? Can't you just leave me alone?!" I yelled at him and was going to walk away but he grabbed on to me. As soon as he felt my arms, he quickly let go.

"You’re cold." He said and quickly took off his coat and put it around me. I tried to take the coat off and push him away but I couldn't he was too strong.

"Why are you being so nice to me? We don’t even know each other. You don’t need to worry about me. I can take care of myself." I told him quietly. I was surprised from his actions.

"Because, you remind me of my little sister. I can’t stand watching her get cold or anything happening to her. Come on, I'll walk you home. I won't let you walk home late at night like this. It's too dangerous for you." He told me softly with the cutest smile I've ever seen.

"Your sister must be very lucky to have a brother like you. But don’t worry. I’m not your sister, I can walk home on my own, thank you. I can protect myself." I told him. I started walking off. I walked further and looked back. Good, he isn’t following me. As I was walking, I heard noises coming from behind me. I picked up my pace. But the noise didn’t go away. I started to panic and then I began to run. Now I really know that I’m not alone. Someone is following me. The footsteps that I heard began to run too. Before I even knew it, there was a man who ran in front of me. He was swaying back and forth. I believe he was drunk.

"Hey, beautiful. What’s the rush? What are you doing here alone at night? Do you need a friend? Oppa can be your friend and we can get to know each other." He slurred. I hate the smell of alcohol. I began to take little steps backwards. He was scaring me as he stepped closer to me. I hate to say this, but I should of let the other guy stay with me. He was right. I felt someone grab my hand and I was trying to pull my hands away from it but that person held on tighter.

"Yah! You drunk bastard, get away from here before you regret it! Don't you dare touch her!" The man who gave me his jacket told the drunken man. He was still following me this whole time? Thank goodness.

"And why should I listen to you?!" The drunken man yelled.

"Because I'm her boyfriend! And if you touch my girl, I swear, you'll regret it!" He yelled back. He looked so scary when he's angry. The man stepped closer to us. The guy hid me behind him and punched the drunken man in the face. He fell to the ground and held onto his jaw.

"Get out of my face!" He yelled.

"Alright! You win this time! But you won't be so lucky next time!" The drunken man said and scrambled away.

"Are you okay?" The guy asked me and examined my body.

"Mm..." I nodded yes, still in shock.

"See I told you that it was dangerous. Why don't you listen to me?! You could have gotten hurt!" He said with a frustrated face.

"Let's go before anything else happens. I'll walk you home." He offered again. I didn't want to walk alone now. I was afraid that the man might come back. I began to walk off but he grabbed my hand. I looked up at him with a mad face.

"I'll hold your hand as we walk you home so that people will think that we are boyfriend and girlfriend. That way, you won't get into that problem again." He said. I slowly agreed to it and we began to walk home. The walk home was quiet but in some way, I felt safe and happy. I don't know why, but being with him, like this brought a smile to my face. His hands were big yet they are warm and soft. This is something that I wanted to do with Jay Lai Oppa when we were together. I wanted to walk around town hand in hand with Oppa. But Oppa never wanted to do that. I'm holding hands and walking around with a stranger. A nice stranger, who nearly killed me, yet he saved me. We stopped in front of my condo entrance. I didn't let him go inside.

"I'll watch you walk inside, so that I know that you're safe." He said with his cute smile again. I looked down at my hand and saw that he was still holding onto my hand.

"Mm.. can you let go of my hand now?" I asked him. He looked at our hands and he quickly let go. I gave him back his coat and took it. I knew that he was cold this whole time, but he never took it back from me.

"You should go inside now, its cold. You're going to catch a cold." He told me. I nodded.

"By the way, my name is Kim Hyun Joong." He said.

"Hmm.. nice to meet you. My name is Gun Nali." I told him.

"Goodnight Gun Nali, see you soon. Goodnight and sweet dreams." He said. I gave him a small smile.

"Goodnight and sweet dreams to you too." I said and turned around to go inside the building and he watched as I went inside. As soon as I got inside, he began to walk away. I walked into my condo room with a smile on my face.

"Kim Hyun Joong..." I said.

"Oh no! I forgot to say thank you!" I said to myself and sighed. That night, I went to bed happy and no longer thought of Jay Lai Oppa.