Their Wedding

"Please Be Nice To Me"

(Nali’s POV)

I woke up bright and early today because I had an event to attend. I had just gotten out of the shower and put on a bath robe, when suddenly Rita came running inside my room. She also had a room of her own in this condo. I forgot she has a spare key to my condo and I have one of hers.

"GUN NALI! What is this?! What are you doing out late at night with the man that almost ran you over?! Is there something going on between you two that I don't know about?" Rita fired millions of questions at me as she handed me today's newspaper.

"Model, Gun Nali and Multi Billionaire, Kim Hyun Joong are dating"- Title of the newspaper.

Reading that, I quickly stood up and looked at Rita.

"What is this?! This isn't true!!" I asked.

"So.. there's nothing between the two of you?" Rita asked with one of her eyebrows lifted. I gave her a look.

"No!" I told her and explained everything that happened last night. Soon my cell phone began to ring. I jumped, knowing who it was. It has to be Appa. He's going to kill me. Rita and I exchanged looks.

"Pick it up." Rita mouthed at me. I slowly reached for me phone and pressed answer.

"Good morning Appa." I began.

"GUN NALI!!! WHAT IS THIS?! YOU WERE OUT WITH A MAN LAST NIGHT?! WHAT WERE YOU TWO DOING?!" Appa yelled into the phone. I removed the phone away from my ear. Rita moved away from me and the phone.

"Appa, listen to me please. There is nothing between me and that guy." I told Appa.

"That's not what everyone is saying. Gun Nali, I never taught you to behave like this. I taught you so much better than this! Don't be like your mother." Appa said. My eyes began to burn. Why did he have to mention Umma?

"Just because your mother went sleeping around, doesn't mean you should be following in your mother’s footsteps. Going around sleeping with a wealthy man for money like that dear, it’s called being a . Your Umma is gone now, so please don’t ruin the family name." Appa's new wife said over the phone. I quickly hung up the phone and threw it across the room.

"I didn't do anything! Appa, you never believe a word I say. There’s nothing I can say to make you believe me." I began to cry. Rita came closer to me and hugged me.

"Nali please don't cry. I believe you. I know how you are and who you are. You would never do such a thing like that." Rita said as she patted me on my head.

"Rita I miss my Umma. Umma would always know what to do. Umma would never leave my side. Umma understands me and believes me." I sobbed into Rita's arms. My mother was a loving woman. She loved me and Appa. She was accused of cheating on Appa. Rumors were spread that she went sleeping around with so many men. Umma couldn’t take the pain and lies anymore… she took her own life. I was 16 years old when Umma killed herself. If I had come home a little faster, maybe Umma wouldn’t have hung herself. I walked into her room seeing her lifeless body hanging in her bedroom. After all these years, Appa has been cold towards me.

"Yes Nali, I know.. I miss your Umma too. Your Umma was a very good person. But she's in a better place now." Rita said.

"That evil witch step mother of yours! Uh! She pisses me off! She doesn't even know anything and she started running like she knew it all! GOD! I HATE HER!" Rita said again.

"Gun Nali, I have no one and you have no one. It's just us two. We've known each other all our lives. You are like my little sister. I'll be the best sister that you never had. I'll always listen to what you have to say." Rita said.

"Thank you Rita. You're the best! You’re the only person I have left in my life. Appa doesn't love me anymore. He loves his new wife and her daughter more than me.” I cried. As soon as I turned 18, he kicked me out of the house. Appa said I’m old enough to live and survive on my own. I should be capable of taking care of myself. He lets his wife and her daughter stay with him. Even though my step sister is older than me by 2 years, she should be the one out here working too.

"I know, I understand. Right now, you have to get yourself ready for the show. You have 30 minutes to get ready and get there. Let's go." Rita said and helped me up. I wiped my tears away and washed my face. I got ready for the show and she went to get ready as well.

-At the show-

As soon as I walked into the door, there were news reporters everywhere. They all ran up to me and their cameras started flashing at me. I became the center of attention. This wasn’t the kind of attention I want.

"Is it true that you and Kim Hyun Joong are dating?" they kept questioning. But I didn't answer any of their questions because the guards were helping me by backing them off. When I finally got to my dressing room, I let out a loud sigh.

"What are you going to do Nali? How are you going to answer the news reporters?" Rita asked me.

"I'll just tell them the truth. We aren't together." I told her. Rita shook her head and we both got ready for the show. As soon as I walked out of my dressing room and into the backstage, all the other models came running up to me; asking the same questions.

"Gun Nali! You’re dating Kim Hyun Joong, and you didn't tell us?”

"Yeah, what is this? Dating the rich man and not letting us know?"

"Is that why you never tell us who your boyfriend was? It was him all along right?" They kept asking me. I was going to answer them but the announcer announced that the show was starting so everyone got ready. There were more reporters here today than usual. After 2 hours, the show was finally done. Rita and I walked into our dressing room to get changed into our normal clothing. Just as we were going to walk out of the dressing room, one of our model friends, Emmi came running in.

“Guys look! Korea’s top model Kim Hana Ji is getting married today!” Emmi said as she the tv and turned the volume up. I looked at the tv and couldn’t believe my eyes. It was a picture of Jay Lai Oppa and his fiancé. Hana Unnie is Oppa’s girlfriend? I thought to myself. I was so upset that day when I saw Oppa at the wedding studio that I didn't realize it was Hana Unnie.

“Today is the big day for model Kim Hana Ji and her fiancé Jay Lai. After 2 years of dating, the two will be getting married today.” The news reporter announced. My heart began to ache again. 2 years? They’ve been together for 2 whole years? I’ve only been with Oppa for 1 year. They were together way before I even came into the picture… I stole him from her. I'm the third wheel. I could have ruined her happiness. This whole year, everything was a lie? He never told the truth. I was never his only one like he said I was! He had her the whole time. Why?! Why did he do this? Rita turned off the tv.

“Come on Nali, let’s go. We have a meeting remember? Excuse us Emmi.” Rita said as an excuse. She took my hand and dragged me out of the building. We went out the back of the building so the new reporters couldn’t see us.

“Nali please calm down. Don’t cry, don’t think.” Rita began. It was too late; I could already feel my eyes burning with tears. I began to walk away from Rita.

“Nali where are you going now?” Rita asked without following me.

“I just need some fresh air. I’ll be okay. Please don’t follow me.” I told her and kept on walking. I just kept on walking aimlessly. So much anger and pain built up inside my heart. How could anyone do this to another person? I’ve hurt a woman just like myself without even knowing anything. I walked past a huge church. There was probably a wedding being held inside. There were beautiful flowers and decorations outside and the parking lot was filled with cars. Just as I was going to walk past the church, a little boy came running up to me crying.

“Noona, can you please help me find my Umma? She’s inside this building.” The little boy cried. He was probably around 5 years old. I knelt down and I wiped his tears.

“Of course. Let’s go.” I replied. How could this little kid wonder around all by himself? His mother must be worried sick. Without thinking, I opened the big wooden church door.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw Jay Lai Oppa and Hana Unnie. This is where their wedding is being held… She was in such a beautiful wedding dress. They were in the process of exchanging rings. She had already put their wedding ring on Oppa's finger. Now it’s Jay Oppa's turn. But as soon as the door opened, he looked over at the door and saw me. His eyes widened but Hana looked confused. Oppa dropped the wedding ring from his hand. Everyone in the room gasped. Everyone watched as the ring rolled down the aisle. The ring came rolling all the way down to where I was standing. I slowly picked up the ring. I began to take little steps to where they were. I put on a smile for the two; I wasn't going to show them any tears or sadness. Now that I'm standing right in front of Oppa, I took his hand and placed the ring on his hand and closed it.

"Oppa, I wish you happiness. Always be happy okay? Treat Hana Unnie well and love her to the fullest. Don't ever let her down, don't ever hurt her. I wish you both the best." I said with a smile. I looked over at Unnie.

"Unnie, I wish you and Oppa the best. I’m so happy for you." I told her. She gave me a smile and nodded. I smiled and turned my back on them. I exited the church and the wooden door closed behind me. The little boy was gone as soon as I opened that church door. Why did it have to be like this? I tried to run from this situation but there’s always something that brings me back. Not being able to hold in the tears any longer, I dropped to ground and cried. Is heaven playing a trick on me?