Half The Truth

"Please Be Nice To Me"

(Hana’s POV)

How can Jay Oppa do this to me? I feel as if the whole world is crushing down on me. My face burned from Oppa’s slap. But that doesn’t hurt as much as my heart. I don’t know where he went, but I’ll leave him alone for now. Maybe he’s just stressed maybe he doesn’t mean anything he said.

But I really need someone to talk to, my heart felt like it was going to burst from all the pain. I grabbed my phone and dialed Nali’s number.

*Ring… Ring…*

Nali picked up after the first ring. 

“Hello Unnie?” Nali answered the phone. I wanted to talk, but no words would come out of my mouth. I could only cry. Nali could only hear the sounds of me sobbing from the other end of the line.

“Unnie, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? Are you okay?” Nali asked, you could hear the concern in her voice.

“Nali…” I managed to say.

“Unnie, where are you right now?” Nali asked.

“Nali.. can you.. come over… to my house?” I said in between sobs.

“Yes, I’ll be right over.” Nali said.

“Please, don’t.. tell anyone.” I begged her.

“Okay, I understand. I won’t.” Nali promised. I hung up the phone and just continued sitting on the floor crying. My legs didn’t want to move, there was no more energy inside me.

Nali arrived at my house no more than 15 minutes.

“Unnie? Where are you?”  I heard her voice calling out for me.

(Nali’s POV)

I hope Unnie is okay. I don’t know what is going on, but I need to go see her right away. She made me promise not to let anyone know, so I didn’t tell anyone I was going to see her. I told them that I was going out with Rita. I didn’t let the driver take me, I took a cab.

As soon as I reached Unnie’s house, I noticed that the door was unlocked. I quickly let myself inside.

“Unnie? Where are you?” I asked, hoping that she could hear me. It was such a big house, but it felt like no one was home. I walked into the living room where I found Unnie sitting on the floor, hugging her knees.  I rushed to her side and saw that she was bleeding on the corner of her right lips and her arms were bruised.

“Unnie what happened to you?” I asked her.

“Nali..” She cried louder now and threw her arms around me. I hugged her back and and rubbed her back, trying to calm her down.

“Who did this to you?” I asked her.

“He never loved me.. He only loved her from the beginning.” Unnie began to sob. I could feel her tears falling on my shoulder and back. Was she talking about me? Does she know that I was with Oppa in the past?

“Jay Oppa only used me for my money.” Unnie continued.

“He pushed me and beat me.” She explained. I cannot believe my ears. Jay Oppa did this to Unnie? My heart broke for her. I couldn’t help but cry. I wanted to be strong for her. But I couldn’t help myself. Seeing her in so much pain because of Jay Oppa really hurts. I helped her get off the floor and onto her feet. I walked her to the couch and sat her down.

“He told me he never loved me.” She kept repeating. I never would have thought that he would ever hurt Unnie like this. I went to look for the first aid kit to clean her wounds. As I cleaned her cut lips, she winced.

“I’m sorry Unnie.. does it hurt a lot?” I asked her.

“All of these cuts and bruises don’t compare to the pain he caused my heart.” She cried. I wiped away her tears.

“Nali what should I do?” She asked me. I thought that she would be happy with Jay Oppa. But since she said that he’s never loved her and only married her for money, she shouldn’t be with him anymore. He also harmed her. He isn’t a man for beating a woman.

“I loved him so much and gave him everything. In the end, how could he do this to me?” She asked me as she wiped the tears as they continued to fall. I took her wrist gently and applied medicine on it for her.

“What would you do if you were me?” Unnie looked me dead in the eyes and asked. I felt as if my heart stopped beating for a moment.

“Honestly Unnie, if he never loved me; I’d let him go.” I answered.

“Never in my life did I ever think that he would ever turn against me like this. That girl that Oppa loves so much, must be so lucky. I only have Oppa in name… on paper, but I never got his heart. Since the beginning, it’s always her. I knew he was seeing someone when he was dating me too. But I decided to turn a blind eye to it. I thought that if I ignored it and never brought it up, he would change. If I better myself, he’d love me more and forget about her. But I was wrong. Truth was, he never loved or cared for me. He only wanted my money. I wish I was her, she’s the luckiest girl in the world to have Oppa’s heart.” Every single word, every single sentence that were coming out of were cutting through me like razors blades. At a time like this, I wish I never existed.

“Unnie, don’t think like that. You are a wonderful women. You shouldn’t change yourself for anyone. The way you are is already more than enough to make a man happy. I bet you the world that if the other women knew that if Jay Oppa was already in a relationship with you, she have never got together with him.” I said to her.

“Nali, my heart aches so much. I love Oppa but now I feel as if I don’t even know him. I’m afraid of him. Unnie told me.

“I gave him so many chances, but he keeps throwing them out the window. He really doesn’t love me one bit.” She cried.

“Maybe we weren’t meant to be together. Maybe I should divorce him. It would make him happy.” She silently said.

“Unnie, I cannot tell you to stay married to him or divorce him. You must do what makes you happy. Do what makes you smile. Whatever makes you feel better, you do it. Don’t think about his feelings. But in my heart, I don’t want to see you hurt. Leaving him… would be best. But I can’t make your decision for you Unnie.” I told her.

“I need some time to think about what I’m going to do next. But for now, I’m going to cancel all of my credit cards and take his name off of all my accounts.” Unnie said. She wiped her tears away and stopped crying. She put a smile on.

“You’re right, I need to start thinking about my own happiness. I wasted so much of my time worrying about if I was good enough for Jay Oppa. I only thought about his happiness and his needs, never mine.” Unnie said. She suddenly wasn’t the weak women I saw earlier. She was a whole different person. Stronger.

“Can you stay the night? I don’t know what I’d do if he were to come back.” Unnie asked me.

“Of course, I’ll stay the night.” I told her with a smile.

“One more thing, please promise me that you’ll never tell anyone about any of this. Especially Hyun Joong Oppa. I don’t want him to use violence and I don’t want him to worry.” Unnie made me promise.

“Okay, I promise I won’t tell anyone.” I promised.

“Thank you for everything.” Unnie thanked me. I told her it wasn’t a problem and I’d do anything to make her happy. I called Hyun Joong’s Umma and told her that I won’t be going home tonight. I told her that I was going to spend the night at Rita’s house. They said it was alright. I didn’t want them to worry. I didn’t tell Oppa anything though. I didn’t want to bother him and Oppa is away for a week on a business trip anyways. I gave Unnie some pain killers and told her to rest. We shared the same room, that night and just talked to each other. I wanted to keep her company.

“Nali, have you ever been heartbroken before?” Unnie suddenly asked me.

“Honestly, yes. I’ve had my heart broken before. I too… was in a relationship with a man who was already with someone. They were together way longer than I was with him. He lied to me, he told me that I was also the only one. He told me that he loved no one else but me. But the truth was, I wasn’t the only one.” Thinking back, my tears began to fall again. I want to explain everything to her. All the feelings that’s been bottled up, I want to let it all out.

“If I knew that he was already in a relationship, I would of never got together with him. I didn’t want to hurt the other women, so I backed off. I wish that I could turn back the hands of time. I want to live that moment over again, without him in my life. Each and every single day, I pray for the other women’s happiness. I wish for her to be happy for all of her life with him. I never meant to hurt her or anyone.” I cried my heart out. I wanted to tell her that it was me…. The other women who hurt her was me. The other women whom Jay Oppa was seeing was me. But I can’t! I’m so afraid. So scared of her hating me.

“Oh…Nali… I’m so sorry.” Unnie said as she tried to comfort me. Isn’t it sad? I’m here to comfort her, but here she is, comforting me instead. How shameful can I be?

“I’m sure that if that women knows, she’d understand too…” Unnie said.

“Alright… let’s not talk about the past anymore. Let’s think about our future.” Unnie gave me a weak smile.

“I don’t want you to think about the past. Now that you’re with Hyun Joong Oppa, I want the both of you to be happy together. I love you like a sister, I’ll do anything to protect you. I’ll never let the past harm you.” Unnie promised me. Why? Why are you being so kind to me Unnie? Even at a time like this, how could you care about a bad woman like me? I could only nod my head.

“I’ll always do the same for you Unnie.” I promised her. Your happiness will always come before mine. I hate myself for all the pain that you’re in. If I could do anything to make all the pain from your heart disappear, I will.

 

 

--Author's Note--

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Here's a short update for today. I'll update more in a few days. I've been very busy recently, I'm sorry.  But I hope you enjoy this update. Please let me know what you guys think! Have a great day.