I've Never Loved You

"Please Be Nice To Me"

(Nali’s POV)

It has been a week since I’ve moved into Oppa’s Villa. After a long day of work, every night at about 6:00 pm, Oppa would come over and we’d have dinner together. Even though he’s busy at work, he’d always call to check if I was okay. Oppa is such a kind and loving person, I never once in my life thought that I’d be with someone as good as he is. Even though I’m so happy being with Oppa, my heart still feels uneasy. Am I falling for him too fast?

*Having dinner with Oppa*

I was trying to hide my face, hoping that he wouldn’t notice the mark on it.

“Nali, your cooking is the best! But I don’t want you to be tired. You don’t have to cook, you have servants here.” Oppa said as he ate his dinner.

“It’s okay; you’ve done so much for me. The least I could do is cook for you Oppa.” I smiled at him. Oppa suddenly put his silverwares down and placed his hand on my cheek. He gently touched it and I winced a bit from the pain.

“What happened to your cheeks?” He asked. Great… he noticed it.

“I was just clumsy; I didn’t watch where I was going and accidentally hit something.” I lied. I hope he believes my lie, I’m horrible at lying. Oppa glared at the servants and the servants bowed down and looked at her feet.

“Why are you looking at your feet? Why didn’t you take better care of her?” Oppa began to raise his voice.

“Is anyone going to tell me what happened to Nali today?” Oppa asked, raising his voice a bit louder than before.

“Oppa, it’s nothing really. Please calm down.” I tried to calm him down. He was scaring the servants in the dining room.

“The Young Miss’s father came earlier today and caused some problems for her. The mark on her face was caused by him.” The elderly servant quickly answered Oppa fearing she’d lose her job.

“Please Young Master, please don’t fire us. We promise that we will take better care of Young Miss from now on.” The younger servant added.

“Oppa, don’t blame them. It’s not their fault. It was mine.” I begged him. He turned to me and he looked a bit calmer now but you can still tell that he was angry.

“Okay, I’ll let it go this time because you asked me to. But if anything happens to you again, I’ll fire everyone in this Villa.” He said with such an icy tone to his voice. Everyone was so afraid of him, but to me; he wasn’t scary at all.

“Does it hurt?” He asked me in such a gentle voice as he examined my cheeks a bit more. I shook my head no. He could only sigh.

(Hyun Joong’s POV)

I’m furious at what Nali’s Appa did to her. After he received the check from today, he better not came near Nali anymore. Since his company is going bankrupt and failing, I have to really step in and help. It was my promise to Nali to begin with. But even with all the struggles that Nali is going through, she hasn’t even spoken a single word of it. Wouldn’t it be easy for her to just ask me to help?

The truth is, honestly I already knew that Mr. Gun was here earlier. And I already knew about everything that happened in that room when he came to visit Nali. I even know that Nali gave all of her money to her Appa. I just wanted to know if she would tell me the truth. Why does she want to hide it from me? There must be a million of things that she’s hiding from me in that little head of hers. Just like how she’s hiding the fact that she dated Jay Lai. Does she not trust me? What kind of person is she really?

After dinner, Nali and I took a walk in the garden.

“How do you like it here?” I asked her.

“I love it here, thank you for letting me stay. Sorry to bother you Oppa.” She said. Her voice was so soothing.

“You’re no bother at all, don’t think like that.” I wished she thought higher of herself.

By the time we finished our walk, it was already 7:30 p.m. It was almost time for me to go. I wish that I could stay here with her, but I can’t. Just as I was going to say goodnight to her, I heard my grandma calling my name.

“Kim Hyun Joong! You brat!” Granny yelled out as she made her way towards us. What is she doing here, this late at night? Umma and Appa and Grandpa was also with her as well.

“Umma, Appa, Granny… Grandpa, what are you guys doing here?” I asked them. When Granny got to where we were, she quickly smacked me on my shoulder.

“Ouch Granny, what was that for?” I asked her whiling holding onto my shoulder.

“You little brat! Why did you bring Nali here? Don’t you know that it will make her look bad?” Granny scolded me. And went straight to Nali and pulled her into a hug. Nali looked just as confused as I was.  

“Why didn’t you tell us about what happened to Nali’s condo?!” Umma scolded me as well.

“Yeah, your Umma is right. Something so serious and you keep us in the dark.” Appa added.

“You’re lucky that we only just got back from overseas now or else we would of came sooner!” Grandpa said. Why is everyone so angry at me?

“You haven’t been sleeping with Nali have you!?” Granny bluntly asked out loud.

“No! I haven’t done anything. I only let Nali stay here, I stay at my mansion. I only come here after work, to have dinner with her so she wouldn’t be alone. I’m just about to leave.” I tried to explain to them.

“I didn’t want to tell anyone because I didn’t want to bother anyone.” I told them.

“Bother who? Nali is no bother at all! She’s my granddaughter in law. But you just aren’t married yet!” Granny said, still holding onto Nali.

“Wait how did you guys know about what happened to Nali’s condo?” I asked them. I know that I covered the media from it.

“Hana told us because she was afraid for Nali’s safety and she was worried.” Appa said. Hmm that little sister of mine!

“Nali come, you can come stay at our mansion. You won’t ever be lonely that because we will be there with you.” Umma told Nali.

“But she could stay here. She said she likes it here.” I tried to stop them from taking her away from my Villa.

“No! Not a chance, you two aren’t married yet. Until the day you get married to her, she will be staying with us!” Granny said. I can no believe that everyone loves Nali this much. They chose her over my feelings.

“It will also be a good thing too so it wouldn’t ruin Nali’s image or career.” Appa said.

“Yes, your Appa is right. I know that you’re a gentleman and you would do the right thing. But you also got to think about how Nali feels too.

“But…” I began.

“Mmm Oppa, I think I want to keep Granny company.” Nali stopped me from arguing with my family.

“See, she’s so sweet and understanding. Unlike you.” Granny said.

“Come on, let’s go straight home. We will get you a whole new wardrobe first thing tomorrow morning!” Umma said to Nali so lovingly. I watched at Granny and Umma both walked with Nali to the car.

“I think you’ve really found yourself the right girl to marry.” Appa said, patting me on the back. As much as I wanted her to stay in this Villa, I know that it would be best for her to be with my family. She wouldn’t be alone and I wouldn’t have to worry about anyone coming to bother her while I’m gone. I’ll be working later than before in order to make her Appa’s company bigger and better. I won’t mention anything to her though; I don’t want her to over think.

(Nali’s POV)

I’ve been staying with Oppa’s family for about two weeks now. I feel so loved being with them. I found out that Granny has high blood pressure, so every day I cook food that is good for her health. Granny says she loves my cooking, but she doesn’t want me to do any cooking. But I insist. I’m already staying at their house, I feel like a burden to them.

In the morning, I would go to Granny’s room and listen to her tell me stories about Oppa. As she tells me stories, I would massage her arms and back for her. In the afternoon, I would be in the garden with Oppa’s Umma. She loves her garden very much. Her garden is filled with flowers and vegetables. Then after we finish work in her garden, Granny and Oppa’s Umma and I would have tea together. I felt very relax and at peace with them. Oppa would come home to eat lunch but he never comes for dinner. He must be very busy. But no matter how busy Oppa is, there hasn’t been a day that he doesn’t come visit. I haven’t felt this kind of love from a family since Umma passed away. I’m so thankful for each and every one of Oppa’s family members.

*In the family room upstairs with Granny and Oppa’s Umma*

“Ever since you came to stay with us, Hyun Joong has been coming home every day.” Granny said with a smile on her face.

“That is true; Hyun Joong rarely comes home to visit us because he’s always busy with work.” Oppa’s Umma added.

“I’m so glad that you’re here. And I’m so glad that Hyun Joong is lucky to have you in his life. We are very blessed too. Granny cannot wait for the day that the two of you get married. Granny with be able to finally die in peace.” Granny said as she patted my head.

“Don’t ever say such thing Granny… You’ll live a long and healthy life. I’m sure Oppa wanted to come home more than he could of.” I reassured her.

“Yes Umma, you still have to be here to watch all of your great grandkids grow up.” Oppa’s Umma told Granny.

“I’ll wait for that day.” Granny smiled as she thought about the scenario in her head. She imagined herself surrounded by all of her great grandkids that Nali and Hyun Joong and Hana and Jay Lai will be having.

“I’ll be right back, I’ll bring coffee to Appa and your father” Oppa’s Umma excused herself and left the room. It was just Granny and me in the room now.

“Dear, come here and tell me what is on your mind. You don’t need to hide anything from me. I can tell that your heart is heavy. Just let it out, it’s not good to keep things bottled up sweety.” Granny said as she motioned for me to lay my head on her lap. I laid my head on her lap and she stoked my hair. It reminded me of how my Umma used to treat me. Whenever I was sad or having a bad day, she would be there for me and talk with me. I couldn’t help to cry.

“Granny… I feel like a horrible person… My heart is heavy.” I began. Granny continued playing with my hair as she tried to calm me.

“Why do you feel like a horrible person?” She questioned.

“I dated someone who already had a girlfriend. I didn’t know that he was with her. If I knew, I would never be together with him.” I told her as tears streamed down my cheeks uncontrollably.

“It’s not like you intended to hurt her dear. How did the girl take it when she found out that you were dating him?” Granny asked.

“She doesn’t know. She’s happily married to him now. I truly wish nothing but pure happiness for them both of them. I want her to forever be happy. I’m willing to do anything to make her feel happy.” I told her.

“Dear what you are doing is good enough. I’m sure if she knew the whole truth, she’d understand and forgive you. What is done is done. We cannot turn back the time. We can only keep moving forward. Now that she’s happily married, you don’t have to worry anymore. You are also with Hyun Joong, I want you to be happy too. I don’t like to see you sad. It also hurts Granny’s heart. Promise me that you’ll no longer think about this anymore. From now on, Granny always wants to see a smile on your face.” She said to me. I sat up and wrapped my arms around Granny. She wiped the tears off my cheeks.

“Beautiful angles like you don’t deserve this pain. Don’t waste anymore tears. No matter what happens, Granny will always support you.” She said.

“I’m sorry Granny.” I said as I tried to stop myself from crying.

“Don’t be sorry. You did nothing wrong, it’s okay. You’re a good girl. Good girls don’t cry… I don’t ever want to see your tears unless they are tears of happiness.” Granny said. I only nodded my head yes. Why is she so nice to me? Hearing her say all this makes me feel even worse. Would she still say all these loving words if she knew that that girl I hurt was her own granddaughter? Probably not. Everyone would hate me right?

 

(Hana’s POV)

Ever since the night of the after party, Jay Oppa has been ignoring me. I noticed that his face was burised when he finally returned home late the next day. But when I tried to clean his wound for him, he would just push me away.

“Don’t touch me!” He would yell at me.

“Oppa, what happened to you?” I asked him out of concern.

“You want to know what happened to me? It’s because of that brother of yours!” Jay Oppa yelled. Why did Hyun Joong Oppa have to be so violent to Jay Oppa? I know that he’s only thinking of me but I don’t want him to use violence.

“I’m sorry on behalf of my brother… He probably didn’t mean to.” I tried to calm him down. I tried to clean to cut on Jay Oppa’s lips but he pushed me to the floor.

“I said to leave me alone!” He yelled and marched upstairs. All I could do was watch him turn his back to me as he left me alone on the floor. I felt as if my heart is broken. Does he not care about me anymore? Maybe if I leave him alone for a bit, he’ll calm down and things will be back to normal.

But I was wrong. Each and every day for the next few weeks, I feel like I’m losing myself. I’m no longer the happy person I once knew. I love Jay Oppa so much, but it seems like he doesn’t care. Every morning, I cook him breakfast, but he never stays to eat with me. At night I would make him dinner. I’d wait for Oppa to return home from work to eat with him. I know he would be hungry and tired. Not once has he came home early to be with me. All the breakfast, lunch and dinner that I make, I always end up throwing them away. The hot baths that I would prepare for Oppa, has never been touched by him. He comes home drunk late at night when I’ve fallen asleep on the couch waiting for him. Does he know how much he’s hurting me? I thought that marrying him would make me the happiest girl alive! I have tried changing myself to be a better wife, but I don’t know what else I can change about myself? Maybe his love for me has changed. I shouldn’t have rushed into this marriage.

Although Jay Oppa has been ignoring me, Jung Min Oppa has been trying to keep me company. He would call me and ask if I was alright or if I wanted to go eat with him. He would always find a reason to talk to me to see if I was okay. I glad that Jung Min Oppa has never stopped being so kind to me. He’s always been there for me since I was little. But I don’t want to burden him with my problems too. I need someone to talk to, but I feel like I can’t talk to anyone. I can’t even tell Hyun Joong Oppa because I don’t want him to be angry and hurt Jay Oppa again. And I don’t want to tell my family because I don’t want them to worry. Granny is also in bad health; I don’t want her to over think and end up in the hospital.

Since Jay Oppa has been coming home so late at night, I notied that money has also gone missing from my bank account. And it’s not a little amount either. I wonder what Jay Oppa does with all the money.

I have to ask him about it when he gets home. That night, I waited for Oppa all night long, but he never came home until 6 in the morning. He reeked of alcohol.

“Oppa, where have you been all night?” I finally got the courage to ask him.

“Why does it concern you?” He slurred his sentence.

“Why? Because I’m your wife! Where has all my money gone?” I raised my voice at him for the first time.

“You dare yell at me?” He yelled back in my face as he grabbed me by my wrist. He was twisting it and I was trying to break free because it hurts.

“I was out drinking and I was gambling. I used your money. So what?” He spat in my face and pushed me onto the floor once again. Who is this monster?

“Why are you always drinking? I don’t care if you tell me honestly and ask me for the money but I don’t like it when you go behind my back and steal it. Why are you doing this? Don’t you love me?” I stood back up on my feet and tried holding his hand.

“I no longer love you! You are annoying! Because of you, I lost my chance with her! Get out of my way!”  He said she she shoved me to the side. I tried to hold onto him. I want to know if the words that are coming out of his mouth are true.

“Who? Who is she? “ I cried. I felt my chest tightening.

“I’m your wife… why did you marry me if you don’t love me?” I asked him.

“Because of money!” He simply yelled out without even hesitating.

“How?! How could you do this to me?” I yelled. I felt as if I was going crazy.

“I’ve had enough of your brother and you. Leave me alone!” He hissed, his voice as cold as ice. I’ve never seen Oppa like this.

“But I love you so much.” I cried trying to hug him.

“Let go of me! Leave me alone!” He yelled as she shoved me once again. I tried to hold on tighter to him but he kept pushing me away.

--SLAP—

Oppa actually slapped me across my face and sent me flying to the floor yet again. I held onto my face that stung like acid water had just been splashed on my face.

“You really slapped me?” I asked, still crying. Never in my life have I been hit by anyone.

“Yes I did! You’re just a stupid women.” He said, not feeling a hint of guilt.

“You really don’t love me do you?” I questioned. Oppa crouched down to my level and placed his hand forcefully on my chin, making look him in his eyes.

“Never have and never will!” He answered. He let go of my chin with a push. He laughed the most evil laugh I’ve heard and walked out of the door, leaving me all alone once again.

After all this time… he has never loved me once. Only that girl was in his heart this whole time. Everything… was a lie. I feel like I can no longer breath.

 

 

 

(Author's note)

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading, please don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment. I'm sorry I took a while to update. I want to thank Ydvvfjkch for being so patient and always supporting me. Please have a wonderful day!