Meeting Oppa's Family

"Please Be Nice To Me"

Nali’s POV)

Hyun Joong Oppa came to pick me up to go to the hospital bright and early like he promised.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked me.

“Yes I did, thank you.” I lied.

“Oppa, before we go to the hospital, could we stop at the flower store?” I asked him.

“For what?” He asked.

“I remember that when I was younger, Appa would always bring me flowers when I was sick. It didn’t make me feel better but it made me happy. Now that Appa isn’t feeling good, I want to do the same for him.” I told Oppa. He simply smiled and agreed. I picked the flowers and Oppa paid for them. I refused to have him pay for my stuff, but he wouldn’t take no for an answer, so I thanked him for it.

“Do you think Appa will like these?” I asked.

“Of course he’ll like them, his daughter picked it out herself.” He said to me. I nodded and smiled. When we got to the hospital, I was very anxious to see Appa. I placed my hand on Appa’s door and slowly opened it, not wanting to wake him up. When I entered the room, I saw that he was alone. Eun Jae and Aunt Niran was nowhere to be seen. I thought that they would be here with Appa the whole time, keeping him company. I set the flowers on the night stand next to the bed. There was a knock on the door. It must be them, I thought to myself. The door swung open, but it wasn’t them. It was a nurse.

“Oh, you’re the daughter of Mr. Gun. Your father hasn’t waken up yet.” The nurse told me.

“Oh, thank you. Um excuse me, but did Mrs. Gun tell you where she went?” I asked her.

“Mrs. Gun and I believe your sister? Left yesterday and hasn’t been back since then. She didn’t tell us where she was going to go or when she would be back. All she said was to take care of your father while they were gone.” The nurse informed me. That made me mad. Why didn’t they stay by Appa’s side?

“Thank you, I’ll take care of Appa from here.” I thanked her. She nodded and left.

“Hyun Joong Oppa, how could they do this to Appa? I should of stayed with him yesterday.” I said to Oppa.

“Nali it’s okay. I’ll stay and help you take care of your Appa” He said.

“No it’s okay. You don’t have to do that. You’ve already done so much and I thank you for that.” I said to him. I looked at Appa who was still unconscious. Oppa pulled a chair out for me to sit down. He stood right beside me and kept me company.

“It’s not a problem. Don’t over stress yourself. Are you hungry? I don’t think that you’ve eaten anything yet. I’ll be back with coffee and breakfast. Then later at noon, we could head to meet my parents.” Oppa said. I nodded and he left. I held onto Appa’s hand.

"Appa, you do know that I love you very much right? I really hate seeing you like this." I cried.

"Appa please wake up. I won't leave your side anymore. No matter how much you tell me to leave, this daughter will never go. Even if the bad people bully me and hurt me. I'll still stick by Appa's side." I told Appa.

"I want you to know that I'm never mad at you. I never hate Appa... I just want Appa to love me too." I cried. Not too long after Oppa walked out of the room, the door swung open again. And in walked the two mother and daughter. They looked like they just got back from shopping. They had new jewelry on from head to toe.

"Umma thank you for all these new things." Eun Jae says as she entered the room.

"Oh no don't thank me. Thank that old man’s money." Niran told her daughter. I stood up from my seat and looked at both of them. They looked up at me and their smile dropped.

"You. You're still here?!" Niran said.

"And why aren't you here taking care of Appa?" I asked her.

"I don't have time for that. I'm not going to waste my time staying beside a helpless man like that." Niran said coldly.

"How can you say such a thing?" I yelled at her.

"You can't raise your voice at my mom! Hasn't your Umma ever taught you anything?" Eun Jae yelled at me, defending her mom.

"My mom taught me way better than this! But I won’t tolerate with people who has no respect for others." I told her. I couldn't hold in of my anger any more.

"How did you get all those new jewelry? Those costs so much! You two don't even work. Don't tell me you two took Appa's money??" I asked them.

"And so what if we did? What can you do about it?" Niran asked.

"We still have to pay for Appa's hospital bills, how could you guys just go spend money on useless things like that?! Go return all the things you've purchased!" I yelled.

"No! You're his daughter and he's your Appa, you work for it. You pay off the bills. Better yet why don't you let that boyfriend of yours pay for the bill! If he loved you enough he would be able to do it." Niran yelled.

"But if you loved Appa, you would help. You wouldn't do this to us!" I told her.

"And who said that I anything about loving him?" She yelled at me.

"How can you say such a thing? I know you loved Appa." I asked as tears streamed down my face.

"Don't you know the difference between what’s real and what isn’t? An act is always an act. You can't force a person to love someone they don’t." Niran told me.

"Then why did you tear my family apart?" I asked her.

"Because of money. Money can do anything. I'm only with your Appa for his money not for his love you silly little girl." Niran told me.

"You’re so stupid just like your dead Umma." Niran laughed.

"You two are not human, you guys are monsters. Ugly both in the inside and out!" I yelled.

"And what are you? The angel? Well guess what Angel.. At the end of this story, the Angel dies along with her parents." Eun Jae said and headed towards me. Eun Jae puts her hands around my neck and started to choke me.

"I've taught you well Eun Jae." Niran clapped and laughed as she watched. She was satisfied.

"Eun Jae, let go!" I said and tried to grab for the call light. I tried to call for help, but I wasn't loud enough. There was a knock on the door and someone walked in.

"NALI!" Rita yelled and pushed Niran and pulled Eun Jae away from me. I put my hands on my neck, and tried to catch my breath.

"What are you guys doing to her?! You're really trying to kill someone in the hospital?!" Rita yelled at them.

"Get the hell out of here before I call the cops!!" Rita yelled at the two.

"This isn't the end of it." Eun Jae said before walking out of the room.

"Nali are you okay?" She asked and comforted me.

"Your neck is all red. Lets let the nurse have a look at it." Rita said. I shook my head no.

"Rita, its okay. Thank you. If it wasn't for you, I probably would be in trouble." I thanked her.

"Don't worry. I won't let anyone hurt you." Rita told me and pulled me into a hug.

"Rita, they took Appa's money. I knew it. She never loved Appa." I told her.

"How can she do that?! Take a person’s money and then tries to kill his daughter?" Rita says.

"Rita please don't tell anyone about this. Even Hyun Joong Oppa." I begged her.

"Why? They almost killed you." she questioned.

"I don't want him to get involved with this." I told her. Rita nodded understandingly.

(Rita's POV)

I feel bad for Nali, she's always getting hurt by this family. Since her mother passed away, her Appa doesn't even see her in his life anymore. He's brain washed by those his new wife and daughter. I'm not going to stand around watching Nali get killed, I have to tell Hyun Joong.. I'm sorry Nali but it's a must.

(Nali’s POV)

Half an hour later, Hyun Joong Oppa walked in. Rita got up and was going to walk over to him. I knew she was going to tell Oppa what happened to me earlier. I tugged her on her sleeve to stop her. She only rolled her eyes at me.

“Oh you’re here too.” Oppa said as he placed the food and coffee down. He handed me a breakfast sandwich. I took it and thanked him. I wasn’t hungry though.

“Yeah, but I’m about to leave now. I’ll leave you two alone; I don’t want to be a third wheel.” Rita said as she giggled. Why does she have to say it like that? She knows about this contract. There’s nothing between us.

“Nali, take care okay?” Rita said to me before she left. I nodded. As Oppa handed me the coffee, he stared at my neck. He came closer to me and place is hand on my neck.

“Nali what happened to your neck? Why is it so red?” He questioned as he rubbed it. I moved away slowly and tried to hide it.

“I’m not sure. I was just a bit itchy so I scratched it.” I lied. He looked like he didn’t believe me but didn’t ask me anything else about it.

“Is that so? Don’t touch it so much.” He said with a concerned look.

“Alright. I know now.” I said.

(Hyun Joong’s POV)

I know Nali isn’t tell me the truth. After Rita left, my phone vibrated. I recived a message from an unknown number. I opened it up and read it.

“Nali didn’t want me to tell you about this. But Niran and Eun Jae were bullying Nali while you were gone. The red mark on Nali’s neck, that was from Eun Jae. She was choking Nali. If I didn’t happen to show up on time, who knows what would of happened to Nali. Don’t tell her I told you. ~Rita.”

The message was from Rita. How did she even manage to get my number? Why did Nali lie to me about her neck? Does she not trust me? Why do they do such things to her? Not so long after, Mr. Gun’s hands began to move. Nali’s full attention was now on her father.

"Appa.. Appa! Oppa, Appa's awake!" she said with a big smile. Her heart was jumping from happiness. I'm glad to see that he’s waking up. I  gave Nali a warm smile and rubbed her shoulders.

"Appa, can you hear me? It's me Nali.." She said to her Appa as she threw her arms around him. He started to slowly open his eyes.

"Ni..Niran.. Eun.. Eun Jae.."Mr Gun. slowly began to speak. I noticed Nali’s smile slowly disappeared and she looked disappointed. I could see the tears beginning to well up in her eyes. She  let go of him.

"Appa.. you don't remember me? I’m your daughter.. Gun Nali." She cried. I shook my head.

"Get out! No, I don't have a daughter like you! Where is Niran and Eun Jae?" his soft voice became loud yells.

"Appa I am your daughter.." she cried and leaned closer to him for a hug. But he pushed her away and began to violently hit her.

"Appa, this can't be. I love you so much Appa... You love me too right Appa?" she questioned him through painful tears. The more she tried to get closer to him, the more he fought.

"Get away from me. I don't love you! I don't know you! I hate you!" Mr. Gun yelled at Nali. He was getting short of breath again and his heart beat began to beat slower and slower. I pulled Nali away from him.

"Nali.. Nali stop." I told her, trying to calm her down. I embraced Nali in a tight hug

"Oppa.. Appa doesn't love me?" she cried and buried her face into my chest.

Seeing Mr. Gun hurt Nali like this today, makes me wish he would just disappear from this world! He doesn't deserve to live any bit longer. What kind of a father is this? Seeing Nali cry so much, it makes my heart ache. It makes me want to always protect her and always keep her happy. How can he even say that Nali isn't his own daughter? Nali loves him so much and this is how he repays her? I can no longer take this. I have to protect Nali. Seeing those two mother and daughter makes me sick. I will stand up for Nali. I won't let this non-human being's step all over her. I walked up to Mr. Gun.

"Mr. Gun.. you've caused Nali so much pain, sorrow and tears. The fatherly image that she has is ruined. A father like you should never exist. You're a cold blooded animal. From now on, you can keep your last name to yourself.. or to whomever you choose. Gun Nali... will no longer be her name. I will marry your daughter and take good care of her. She'll have whatever she wants and needs. From diamonds to pearls, anything in this world, she can have it all. She will no longer be allowed near you and this family of yours. I'll marry your one and only daughter. And I will not let your filthy hands, lay a finger on her." I told him and walked over to Nali and took her hand.

“Let’s go. You no longer need to be here. From now on, you don’t have to call him Appa.” I told her as I walked out of the room with her.

(Nali’s POV)

Hyun Joong Oppa led me out of the hospital room and into the hall way. I yanked my hands away from his and slapped Oppa across the face.

"Why did you yell at Appa like that?! Don't you see the condition that he is in right now? Appa just woke up and you yell at him like that? What happens if Appa were to go into shock and.. and.. is no longer living! His heart is not good; didn't you hear what the doctor said? Or are you deaf or what? I don't care who you are Oppa.. but you cannot yell at Appa like that!" I yelled at Oppa.

"You have no rights to yell at my father like that!" I was so angry at Oppa.

"I was just standing up for you. Why do you let people step all over you? If he doesn’t want you as a daughter then you don’t need him as a father either!" Oppa softly spoke to me as he slowly rubbed his face and stepped closer to me. I backed away.

"Who would ever think that a little girl like you can slap so hard.. And after all the things that your Appa has said to you and the way that he treated you, you still consider him as a father to you?" Oppa questioned. I could tell that he was running out of patients but he didn't raise is voice at me one bit. It was like he was trying to hold his anger in.

"No matter what, he’s still my Appa. He brought me into this world. But you are just a stranger to me. I barely know you.” I yelled getting irritated.

"We signed a contract. I won’t let anyone look down on you while you’re my girlfriend even in name." He replied.

"Don't even start.. isn't this just a plan you came up with? And who is going to marry you?! I never said anything about marrying you. A cold hearted beast like you... I could never be with you. When did we agree on that?" I questioned.

"Once you agree to be my girlfriend, of course I'm going to have to stay by your side and always protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you. I was just telling your Appa, if he doesn’t want you as a daughter, you don’t need his last name or him. Don’t let his words get to you." Hyun Joong Oppa said with a soft smile.

"Oppa.. don't fool me. I'm not a toy. I'm not a doll that anyone can just push around. I'm sick and tired of everything. I don't know what’s real and what’s not. And first of all Oppa, you asked me to be your pretend girlfriend for the time being! Isn’t this all a play? This so called relationship won’t last forever.” I said. In my life, no one besides Rita has ever stood up for me before. Is this all a part of his act?

“Okay, I’m sorry for speaking to your Appa like that. I’m sorry I mad you mad. But I promise things will get better.” Oppa said to me. I do feel wrong for slapping Oppa in the face even though I’m still angry at him. I reached for his face but he took my hand away.

“I’m sorry for slapping you.” I apologized to him.

“Just forget about it.” He replied.

“Come on, we have to go now. My family is waiting to meet you.” He said.

“But I look like a mess.” I told him. My mascara was smeared and my dress has tear stain on them.

“You don’t need to worry about that.” He replied as he took me to the car and drove me to a beauty salon. When we got there, the ladies working there welcomed us. They did my hair, makeup and dressed me up. I felt so spoiled. I was wearing a beautiful light think dress. I feel better now but I’m nervous about meeting Oppa’s family. 

 (Hyun Joong's POV)

As soon as we stepped out of the room, Nali slapped me across the face and started yelling at me. I tried not to yell at her and let her just take her anger out on me. I know she needs it after all that she's been through today. She was rejected by her own father. I let Nali say all she wanted to. I took in every word and every sentence that came out of . After Nali mentioned about the play we are putting on, I realized what I was doing. I'm not supposed to be doing this. I'm supposed to be hurting her! I'm not supposed to protect her! I'm supposed to let those horrible people hurt her and crush her! Why am I protecting her!? I even let her slap my face without yelling at her? I stood up for her and stayed by her side when her father rejected her.. What has gotten into me. I'm supposed to HATE her. Pull yourself together Kim Hyun Joong! This is not like you. Get back to your plan and destroy her. Make her fall for you so deeply, and then leave her. Hate her and hate her even more!" I told myself repeatedly. Then suddenly a horrible scenario played in my head.

I waited for Nali in the waiting room as she was getting ready to meet my family.

Sir, she’s all ready.” The worker at the salon said. As soon as Nali walked out of the changing rooms, I couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. Her long black hair down to her waist, her fair white skin. I hate to admit it, but everything about her just seemed so perfect.

“How do I look?” She asked as she twirled around.

“You look beautiful.” I complimented.

“You guys make such a wonderful couple!” The lady said, making Nali smile.

“Ready to go?” I asked. She nodded and thanked them. I drove us to my parent’s mansion. Not only were my parents waiting for us, but also my grandparents.

(Mrs. Kim’s POV)

“Is all the food that I told you to prepare today ready?” I asked one of the maids.

“Yes madam.” She replied. Today we are all excited; Hyun Joong is finally bringing his girlfriend; Gun Nali to visit us for the first time. My son has never had time for dating; I’m surprised that he’s together with the super model. I’m just a little sad that we had to find out from the media instead of him just telling us. But oh well, I’m still happy either way. I’m just hoping that Nali is a sweetheart.

“Madam, Young Master and Ms. Nali have arrived.” Another maid said as she came rushing into the kitchen.

“Slow down, before you or someone else gets hurt.” I told her.

“Yes Madam, I’m sorry I was just excited too.” The maid replied. Everyone was excited to meet Nali.

“Stop it, I’m the one who going to be meeting my daughter in law. I should be more excited than anyone here.” I laughed as I walked into the living room to my husband.

“Dear, the kids are here. How do I look?” I asked him.

“You’re beautiful like always my love.” My husband said.

“You always know how to sweet talk.” I said with a smile. My mother in-law and father in-law just laughed at us.

“You guys are already old, leave the sweet talk to the grandkids.” My mother in law joked. We all laughed. I felt like today would even be more perfect if Hana and Jay Lai came as well, but they were busy. My husband and I told our parents to stay in the living room while we go greet the kids in the entrance of our house. Soon Hyun Joong and Nali walked up the entrance stairs of the house.

“Good after noon Umma and Appa.” Hyun Joong greeted us.

“Good after noon Mr. and Mrs. Kim, I’m Gun Nali it’s nice to meet you.” Nali greeted us with a bow.

“Welcome Gun Nali, please make yourself at home. There’s no need to be formal with us. Just call me mom.” I told her as I made my way to her.

“Come inside, it’s hot outside right now. Your grandparents are also waiting to meet you.” I said to her and took her hand. I led her inside the house.

“Look at your Umma. She’s so happy, she forgot all about us.” I heard my husband jokingly saying to Hyun Joong. Hyun Joong laughed along with his father as we followed behind us. We made our way inside the house to where the elders were.

“Oh, you are finally here. Come let this granny take a good look at you.” Said my mother inlaw as she got out of the couch and walked towards Nali. She cupped Nali’s face in her hands. Nali didn’t even get a chance to properly introduce herself to them.

“So beautiful! Perfect, Hyun Joong you have good eyes.” She said.

“Thank you Granny.” Hyun Joong smiled.

“Come come, you all must be hungry. Today we prepared many dishes for you guys.” Said my father in law as he told us to go into the dining room. I think the elders are even happier than I am at this point.

(Nali’s POV)

At the dinner table, I sat between Hyun Joong Oppa and Granny. Everyone was so kind and caring. I felt so welcomed here, unlike at my actual home.

“Here we have bulgogi, kimchi, sundubu-jjigae, mandu and rice. Please enjoy” One of the younger maid said as she went around the table, putting rice in our bowls. We all began to eat and the family were having a conversation. They all seemed like such a happy family and everyone got along with one another.

“Try this one.” Oppa said as he placed a mandu in my bowl.

“Thank you.” I smiled at him.

“They really look so cute together.” Mrs. Kim admiringly said.

“Hyun Joong has never brought any girl home before; we thought we’d never see the day when he finally gets settled down.” Grandpa said.

“When will the two of you get married? I want to see my grandkids already. I don’t want to be any older before I see my first grandchild.” Granny asked.

“Soon, Granny soon.” Oppa replied.

“Oppa~..” I said as I gave him a shy look. Don’t’ joke around like that.

“Really? I’ll be carrying my grandchild soon?” Mrs. Kim asked happily.

“Before all this, Hyun Joong you need to answer the media about the rumors.” Mr. Kim became serious.

“We can’t keep having the media and the world think that Nali really isn’t your girlfriend or is your girlfriend. They keep releasing fake news saying maybe Nali made everything up and you guys aren’t really together.” He continued.

“Yes, that makes me angry for Nali! Everyone doesn’t know what the truth really is. It’s going to ruin her reputation. You have to make it official.” Mrs. Kim added.

“Yes, I know Umm and Appa. I’m going to take care of it tomorrow.” Oppa told them. How is he going to do that I wondered. He didn’t say anything else, but only looked at me. After we finished eating, I thanked everyone for having me over and for lunch. I couldn’t even believe how Oppa’s family treated me. I felt like I was welcomed and loved by everyone here. But in the end of it all, everything will come to an end in a year. I feel horrible having to lie to everyone about our relationship. I hope they can forgive me, when that time comes.

 

 

 

 

 

--Author's Note--

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's a bit longer than usual. Please don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe to it. Thank you, have a wonderful day!