Treat Her Right

"Please Be Nice To Me"

(Nali’s POV)

“They are just messing with me. They don’t mean what they say.” I told myself. I don’t want them to see me as a weak person. I don’t want to cry in front of them anymore. I ran to the other side of the hospital. As I was running, someone grabbed a hold of my wrist. I looked to see who it was and it was Hyun Joong Oppa. I tried to ply my hand off of his but he only pulled me into a hug. He embraced me tightly and rubbed my back. I stopped fighting back and gave into his hug. I do need a hug at this moment and he was the only person that I had beside me.

“Why are you crying for? Don’t listen to them. They know nothing about a man’s love for their loved ones.” Oppa told me.

“Don’t waste your tears on them. I don’t want to see you cry tears of sadness. I’ll only allow you to cry tears of happiness.” Oppa’s voice was very gentle. It felt as if he was casting some sort of spell on me. It was so calming.

“They are lying to me and I know it. All the words that came out of their mouth, Appa never would never think that way. He still loves me even though he doesn’t show it… right?” I said to Oppa. He gently my hair.

“I’m sure he does.” Oppa reassured me. I pulled away from his hug because I felt bad for getting his tailored jacket & shirt all wet. I tried to clean it off his shirt but he stopped me.

“Just leave it.” He said to me.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for ruining your shirt. I’m sorry that things turned out like this. I didn’t mean for your first time meeting my family to turn out this way.” I apologized to him, lowering my head. Oppa placed his hand on my chin and raised my face up with his gentle hands.

“No need to be sorry. It’s okay, it’s not your fault. You have no control over what happened.” He replied.

“Don’t show those people your weakness. They will only take advantage of you. They feed off of your fear.” Oppa said. It made me giggle a little when he said that. He made them sound like ghosts

“What are you laughing at?” He asked.

“You.. you said they feed off your fears. It’s funny.” I laughed.

“Good, I should of said it a long time ago so you’d stop crying. Let’s get you out of this place. Come on, I’ll take you home.” Oppa said with a smile.

“But I don’t want to leave Appa.” I told him. I wanted to go back and take care of Appa. I haven’t seen Appa for years. I did miss him a lot.

“Your Appa is in good hands now. Plus if you go back there now, those two mother and daughter will start a fight with you again. Yelling and arguing infront of your Appa wouldn’t be a good idea. It’ll only make his condition worse. Let your Appa rest for the night. I promise that I’ll bring you back the first thing in the morning tomorrow. Then we will go meet my family.” Oppa promised me. I hate to admit or agree to what he said, but I knew that he was right.

“Okay, let’s go.” I agreed with him. We walked out of the hospital and into his car. Oppa drove me home and walked me into my condo room. He didn’t come inside though. He only stood in the door way.

“Go to sleep, don’t over think.” Oppa said.

“Yes, I know. Thank you.” I thanked him and he left. I closed the door behind me and walked into my room. I sat down on my bed and took out a photo album. In this album it only consists of precious memories. The happy and loving memories that I shared with my parents when I was younger. All the happiness that our family had before Eun Jae and Aunt Niran was introduced to us. Aunt Niran was only a close friend of Appa’s then. Umma fell ill when she was framed for cheating on Appa. Aunt Niran kept feeding lies to Appa which he believed. Umma could no longer stand the two of them. She decided to take her own life. I was still too young to do anything about it. But after all the things Appa has done for us, I could never come to hate him. I just wish that Umma was still with us. Appa can have his new family that he loves dearly. As long as there is still a little spot for Umma and I, that is all I need. We were once his family after all. And if what Eun Jae and Niran said to me today was true, there is nothing I can do but accept it. I’ll still watch Appa from afar and care for me. Appa hasn’t said he loved me even once since I turned 8 years old.

“Umma, I think Appa has forgotten about us.” I said to the picture of Umma. I had no one beside me, I felt so alone. I cried myself to sleep.

(Hana’s POV)

Jay Lai Oppa and I decided to go back to Korea after only 3 days in Hawaii. Oppa said he wasn’t feeling too well and wanted to be home. He was homesick. I agreed with Oppa because I wanted him to feel better. We could always travel together some other time. His health is more important to me. But since we’ve returned home, Oppa hasn’t been himself lately.

I looked at the clock and it was already 2 in the morning. Jay Lai Oppa still isn’t home yet. I called his phone many times but he never answered. It went straight to voicemail. Where could he be this late at night? I was getting worried and angry at the same time. Why is he behaving this way? Could it be that he’s still with that girl I saw the other day? I don’t know where he is or what he’s doing. But it hurts to be left behind. I sat outside in the living room waiting for Oppa. I got so worried so I called Hyun Joong Oppa.

“Hello Hana, what are you doing up so late? It’s not healthy for you to not get any sleep.” Oppa said with a gentle voice.

“Oppa~” I began. I couldn’t help but cry over the phone.

“Hana, what’s wrong?” Oppa questioned.

“Oppa, Jay Lai Oppa isn’t home! He hasn’t been home since this morning.” I told him.

“Oppa, my heart hurts. It feels like its breaking. Sometimes I feel like I can’t breathe. Oppa, I feel like Jay Lai Oppa is cheating on me with that girl again.” I cried.

“Hana listen to me. Just stay calm. Don’t think too much. Take your medication and go to bed. I’ll take care of this.” Oppa said. I knew Oppa can do it. I listen to what he said and did as I was told to do.

(Hyun Joong’s POV)

Where could that bastard be at? Don’t tell me that Nali called him up because of what happened today!” I felt my blood boiling once again. IfI see those two together, I’ll kim them both with my own two hands. I did a sharp u-turn and turned my car back to Nali’s condo. I shouldn’t have felt bad for her. I knew she was a bad women yet I fell for her tears. I pitied her! How dumb can you be Hyun Joong? Open your eyes! She’s the woman who hurt your sister. She took Jay Lai away from your sister. I got out of my car and walked to her condo room. I knocked on the door, but no one came to open it. I twisted the door knob, surprisingly the door was unlocked. She must have left it unlocked for Jay Lai to enter! I walked into her room and was about to yell, but I realized that she was alone. She was sleeping with a photo album next to her. For some reason, I was relieved seeing her alone. He wasn’t here with her. For a minute, I let myself believe that she wasn’t the woman ruining Hana’s life. I walked over to her bed, where she was sleeping. I looked at her face, her eyes were very puffy. I can still see the dried tear streaks.

“You cried yourself to sleep?” I asked her quietly. Her album got my attention. It was turned to a page with three people. There was a mother, a father and a daughter. They looked so happy together.

“This must be you and your parents.” I said admiring the photo. She looked so happy.

“Where is your mom now? Why did she leave you here all alone with that bad father of yours?” I asked her quietly. I placed the album on her nightstand and softly removed her hair away from her face.

“I really don’t know what to do with you. Should I pity you longer or hate you more? Why must you be the person who stole Jay Lai from Hana? I don’t want to see you in pain all the time. Can you please just leave Jay Lai and my sister alone?” I asked her. I pulled the blanket over her and gave her one last look before I walked out of her bedroom.

“If only you were not that woman… things would be different.” I said. Before I walked out of her condo, I locked her door. How could she be so careless and not lock the door? What if someone bad comes in and hurt her? As I left the condo,  I took out my phone and messaged Young Saeng, Kyu Jong, Jung Min, and Hyun Jun. We began to search for that bastard.

(Jay Lai’s POV)

*At the bar*

“Give me another drink!”

“I need another shot!” I kept ordering the bartender. Why is my life like this? I saw the news that Nali and Hyun Joong are dating. That’s impossible! How could this even happen? And why do I have to stick to one woman? Hana’s bastard brother of Hyun Joong! He’s always in the way. He’s always on my case. Everything I do is wrong!

“Come home early Dear.”

“Oppa, I miss you. Are you okay?” Hana sent me multiple messages and calls. I don’t have time for all this nonsense. She’s so clingy. I’m only with her for her money.

“Sir, you’re really drunk.” The bartender said.

“Just shut up and do your job.” I told him and took the beer from him and drank it down.

“I’ll go call a cab for you.” The bartender insisted.

“No need.” I heard a familiar voice say coming from behind me. I turned around and it was them. Those five guys whom I hated the most; Hyun Joong, Hyung Jun, Kyu Jong, Jung Min and Young Saeng!

“We’ll take it from here.” Jung Min told the bartender. The bartender just nodded and walked away.

“Tsk. Tsk. Jay Lai, you coward. You think you could just run away from your problems? Kyu Jong said.

“And you’re saying you never run from any problems?” I yelled back at him.

“Get yourself together and go back home.” Hyun Joong coldly said to me.

“You! What are you trying to do? Why did you take Nali away from me?!” I yelled,  getting out of my seat and grabbed a hold of his shirt collar. His four friends all came after me but Hyun Joong put one hand in the air which told them to stop. They all obeyed.

“How could you possibly be dating Nali? She doesn’t like you. She loves me!” I yelled in his face. Hyun Joong shoved me back with a strong force.

“Loves you huh?” He asked as he threw a punch at my face. I flew to the ground. Hyun Joong leaned over me and grabbed my collar and stood me up on my feet.

“Listen up, you’re a married man now. You’re with my sister. And Nali is with me. If you dare hurt Hana again, Nali will be hurt twice as much. If you cause my sister pain any day, I’ll make the pain worse for Nali. So do your part as a good husband and I’ll do my part as a good boyfriend.” Hyun Joong said to me as he pushed me away from me.

“What do you mean? What are you going to do to Nali?” I yelled. My heart was racing. I don’t want anyone to hurt Nali.

“Do you really want to find out?” He questioned me.

“No don’t! Don’t you dare hurt her.” I yelled at him.

“At this point, you should be worried about any other woman besides your wife! Worry about your wife! No other woman should be more important than her. Get that straight to your head!” Hyun Joong yelled as they punched me again.

“Hyung stop. I think he should get it now.” Hyung Jun said as he grabbed Hyun Joong’s fist which was just an inch away from my face.

“You, hurry up and leave! Go straight home to your wife. Don’t you dare hurt Hana again. Or else next time, it won’t be only Hyung that will hurt you, I will too.” Young Saeng warned. I stood up on my feet and wiped the blood off my jaw. I walked over to Hyun Joong and looked at him in the eyes.

“If I treat your sister good, you better not hurt Nali. I hope you’re good enough to keep your own words.” I told him and walked out of the bar. I know that he doesn’t love Nali. A man like him doesn’t love anyone but himself. He has no heart. That whole family is heartless. They are always selfish. Annoying and selfish, each and every one single one of them!

As soon as I got home, Hana came rushing over to me.

“Omo Oppa! What happened to you? Are you okay?” Hana asked me with a worried face which annoyed me so much.

“I’m fine. I’m tired, I’m going to bed.” I told her and was about to make my way up to our bedroom, but she stopped me.

 

"Oppa, let me clean up your wound for you. And you must be hungry. I've made porridge for Oppa. Please eat it before you go to bed." She told me with a sad face. Looking at her sad face, I gave in. I thought about what Hyun Joong told me. Treat Hana good and he'll do the same to Nali. I patted her head and slowly pulled her into a hug.

"Hana, Oppa's sorry that Oppa stayed out late tonight. Oppa just needed a few drinks. Oppa's stressed from work. I'm sorry I made you worry and waited up for me." I told her. She smiled and put her arms around me too. Hana looked up at me and began to speak.

"Oppa it's okay. As long as you tell me and you make it home safely. I'm not mad at you Oppa. I love you so much. I just don't want you to be hurt. As long as Oppa loves me too I'll be okay." Hana said.

"Hana, I'm sorry.." I kept saying.

"From now on, Oppa will come home on time and give all my hours to you. Oppa will be a better man and treat you nicer." I promised her. She placed her hands on my forehead and pulled it back down. And she gave me a weird look.

"Oppa, are you okay? Why are you suddenly being so sweet and caring?" She asked me with a bright smile.

"I’m fine, I'm just happy to have you as my wife." I told her and hugged her tighter.

"Aigoo Oppa, you're such a kid. Hurry let’s take care of your wound and go eat before your food gets cold." She whined.

"Alright let’s go." I agreed with her. Hana gently cleaned my wound for me then walked into the kitchen with me.

"Oh, Hana; aren't you going to eat with me?" I asked her. Hana shook her head no.

"I'll go get Oppa's bath water ready. I know Oppa's tired." She told me with a smile and walked off. I just smiled to myself and ate her food that she cooked me quietly. She isn't that bad of a person I guess.  But I wish I had both Hana and Nali. Hana is cute, sweet and loveable. And Nali is as well.. why can't I just have both woman? I don't get what's so bad about it. I don't want to share any of these two women with any other guys. I hate the fact that Hyun Joong is using Nali! He doesn't even deserve her love and he doesn't even love her like I do! Thinking about it just made be so mad.

(Jung Min’s POV)

Although Hana is my best friend’s younger sister, I see her more than that. I watched Hana grow and I was always beside her. My feelings continue to grow for her as the day goes by. She’s such an angel. She’s very fragile. Seeing her in pain angers me. If Jay Lai ever lays a hand on Hana, I’ll never let him go. I would do anything to have Hana by my side. Why can’t he see that she’s more precious than anything in this world? I’d do anything to make Hana happy. Tonight when I saw Jay Lai wasted at the bar, I also wanted to give him a good beating. But I didn’t want to over step my boundaries. I’ll just have to protect Hana from afar.