"I swear I'm going to die a ."

Little Infinities

 

It feels like forever to get home.

Staring at the ceiling, watching television, sleeping, the pain and wishing for time to pass quickly.

The doctor said by sleeping, it’ll help him to regain his health so Myungsoo will just be sleeping all day long because what else can he do in this sick hospital besides sleeping?

Myungsoo felt a little better each day until one day, the doctor came in his room and told him he’s well enough to go home.

Myungsoo got up slowly and went to the bathroom to shower and when he got out, he was so tired and he had to lie down and get his breath.

“Do you want to see Sungyeol?” His mum asked.

“I guess.” Myungsoo said after hesitating.

Sungyeol’s hair is messy, sweeping down over his forehead. He lit up like a bulb when he saw Myungsoo and Myungsoo couldn’t help but smile back.

There’s always something in Sungyeol that’ll always keep Myungsoo sane.

His mum left them alone after a while, saying that she’ll be off to settle the bills and Myungsoo’s medicines.

“I missed you.” Sungyeol said, staring into his eyes.

“I missed you too. Sorry for the fact that you’re not allowed to see me past few days.” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol let out a stiff laugh before saying, “It’s okay, you don’t always get what you want.”

Sungyeol left after Myungsoo’s mum convinced him that Myungsoo will be fine in her care and Sungyeol can go home and take a rest.

Sungyeol insisted that he should stay before giving up because those eye-bags under his eyes are just too obvious and horrible.

Sungyeol pecked Myungsoo on the cheek before flashing his signature smile and went off.

 

 

Sungyeol called Myungsoo that night after dinner.

Myungsoo is lying on his bed, doing completely nothing. He just likes the feeling that he’s back in his own house and actually lying on his own mattress rather than lying on the hard mattress that the hospital provided.

They talked for a while before Sungyeol started talking about rather a serious subject to Myungsoo.

“Well your face just now when I pecked you is like you’re ready to get laid by me.” He chuckled.

Myungsoo laughed pretty hard before saying, “No, you’re just that desperate to get me laid.” He laughed again.

“You laughed because it’s true. It’s true, isn’t it?” Sungyeol teased.

Myungsoo laughed again.

“Kim Myungsoo, I swear I’m going to die a .” Sungyeol said.

“You’re a ?” Myungsoo asked, surprised.

“Yeah, believe it or not and I am still waiting for that day when my will be taken by someone. Can you be that someone?” Sungyeol snickered before hanging up without saying a goodbye.

Myungsoo stared at his phone for a while.

What did Sungyeol say just now? Did he hear it right? Sungyeol wants to get laid by me? Me? Me? Myungsoo thought before shaking the thoughts off his head.

“Oh great, Kim Myungsoo. You’re recovering from the poor oxygenation and you’re thinking about these things. Great.” Myungsoo mumbled to himself before falling asleep.