"Just please come here and fix me."

Little Infinities

 

Myungsoo woke up to his phone ringing, at three in the morning.

He glanced at the screen to see Sungyeol’s name on it.

“Hello?” Myungsoo croaked out with his sleepy voice.

“Myungsoo.” Sungyeol voice greeted him.

“Hi, I love you.” Myungsoo said.

“I’m at the gas station near my house. Something is wrong. You have to help me.” Sungyeol said weakly.

“I’m calling nine-one-one.”

“No, they’ll take me to the hospital. Just please come here and fix me.” He sobbed.

“Okay, I’m leaving now. Stay there, and don’t stop breathing because I still need you.” Myungsoo said before hanging up.

 

 

Myungsoo wondered why Sungyeol had left the house in the middle of the night.

“Hi.” Sungyeol mumbled as Myungsoo sat him on the bench at the gas station.

“Oh my god, we have to get you to a hospital.” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol can’t stop coughing. Myungsoo is afraid his lungs are going to come out from his mouth from all the coughing.

“I can’t fix this, Sungyeol. Why are you here? Why aren’t you at home?”

Sungyeol puked after throwing fits of coughs.

“I wanted to buy a drink. I know I could just tell them but I wanted to do it myself.” Sungyeol said before coughing violently again.

“I’m sorry.” Myungsoo said as he pulled out his phone to call nine-one-one.

The ambulance is on their way and Sungyeol looked up at Myungsoo. Myungsoo could hardly look at him.

“Sungyeol, I love you.” Myungsoo said, Sungyeol’s cheeks.

Sungyeol leaned his head back, still coughing. “I hate myself. I hate my life. I hate this. I’m disgusted with myself. I hate it.” He said in a hoarse voice before coughing back again.

Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol’s face in his hands and knelt down close to him so that he could see Sungyeol’s eyes.

“I’m sorry.” Sungyeol said. He was losing consciousness.

“Sungyeol, you have to promise me you’ll live.” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol nodded a little and then his eyes are closed.

“Sungyeol, stay with me.” Myungsoo’s voice cracked.

But those closed eyelids, remains closed.