"So, how are you?" "I'm taken."

Little Infinities

 

”I used to think its fun to live on a cloud, above the ground.” Sungyeol said as they’re lying down at his backyard, staring at the clouds above them.

“So that you can be the Prince of Cloud.” Myungsoo grinned.

“Nah, I’ll just stick with the title, Prince of Kim Myungsoo’s heart.” Sungyeol smiled.

And Myungsoo just couldn’t help but to smile back. Because Sungyeol is just that, lovable.

After a while, Woohyun’s mum brought him over.

“Woohyun, hi. It’s Myungsoo.” He said after Woohyun is seated down with them.

“Woohyun, hi.” Sungyeol crashed his body on Woohyun’s before hugging him, hard.

Sungyeol started to cough for a minute after letting Woohyun go.

“You should’ve been more careful.” Myungsoo said, Sungyeol’s back.

Sungyeol winced before saying, “I’m alright, okay.”

That is obviously a lie, Myungsoo thought.

“So, how are you?” Woohyun asked.

“I’m taken.” Sungyeol grinned at Myungsoo.

“Oh, great to hear that. Always thought you two will end up together.” Woohyun said.

“You’re weird.” Myungsoo said to Woohyun.

“Thanks, I take that as a compliment.” Woohyun answered.

 

 

A week after that, Sungyeol ended up with a severe chest pain and he’s admitted into the hospital.

Myungsoo saw Sungyeol’s mum pacing in the waiting room, looking worried.

She hugged Myungsoo tightly before Myungsoo asked, “How’s Sungyeol?”

“He had a tough night. His heart is working too hard. They’re putting in new medicines that should be better for the pain.” She said, trying hard not to cry.

“Can I see him?” Myungsoo asked.

“Sungyeol needs to rest. You know we love you, Myungsoo but Sungyeol needs some time alone. I’ll tell him you visited.” She said with her sad eyes.

“Okay.” Myungsoo walked back to his house, slowly.

It’s like a dream. One moment, he’s having such a great time with Sungyeol and the next, Sungyeol is detected with a disease called cancer.

It’s just so unfair.

Right at the moment when Myungsoo actually felt happy with his own life, something bad will happen. It’s unfair.

Myungsoo spend many nights with their memories. When they first met, the first time Myungsoo stepped into Sungyeol’s house, their first dinner, their breakfasts together and their first kiss.

Myungsoo started everyday while thinking of Sungyeol. Why can’t they just live happily ever after? Like those stories in the television.

Myungsoo realized that not all people will live happily ever after.

Some of them ended up living sadly ever after.