"We might be breathing now but we will not survive forever."

Little Infinities

 

The second week Myungsoo is in the stupid Support Group (yes he still thinks that the Support Group is stupid), a boy was staring at him.

Myungsoo is quite sure he never seen him before.

Myungsoo glanced to him and his eyes were still on him.

Today is the day in which it’s Woohyun’s turn to do a speech about his life in which he grunted as he walked to the front.

“Hi. I’m Woohyun. And it’s looking like I have to get surgery in a couple weeks after which I’ll be blind. Not to complain or anything because I know a lot of us have it worse, but you can’t deny the fact that being blind does sort of . But my friend helped me though, like Sungyeol.” Woohyun smiled to the new boy who was staring at Myungsoo just now.

Everyone in the Support Group clapped and said comforting words to Woohyun in which he replied back with a simple smile.

He sat next to the new boy and they’re not having a chat together. It when Myungsoo have no one to talk with at this moment. Woohyun is the only one who actually tried to talk to him. So it leaves him with no choice but to join them.

“Hey, mind if I join in?” Myungsoo said.

Both of them looked up and Woohyun said, “Sure, we don’t really mind.” He smiled.

Myungsoo sat beside Woohyun and looked up to see the new boy is still watching him.

“Myungsoo, this is Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. Sungyeol, this is Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo.” Woohyun said.

They shook hands and exchanged a ‘nice to meet you’ talk and Myungsoo sank back in his own world.

“Your speech was okay, man.” Sungyeol said to Woohyun.

“Yeah, thanks. Talking about how I’m going to be blind soon must be a happy speech for you.” Woohyun said.

“There will come a time when all of us are dead. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed. We might be breathing now but we will not survive forever. That’s why I fear oblivion.” Myungsoo suddenly blurted out.

Both of them stared at Myungsoo for a brief second before Sungyeol said, “You sure are something else, Kim Myungsoo.”

Woohyun patted Myungsoo’s shoulder and said, “Sometimes, things will never work the way we wanted it to be. That’s just how life goes.”

Myungsoo half smiled and asked Sungyeol, “Why are you looking at me just now?”

Sungyeol raised his eyebrows and said, “Because you’re beautiful and I enjoy looking at beautiful people. But you looks like they type that can’t help but fall for someone you knows is trouble.”

Woohyun nudged Sungyeol. “Sungyeol, you’re being too straight forward.” He said.

“No, no, it’s okay. I don’t really mind.” Myungsoo said.

Both of them got up at the same time and walked for a few paces before Woohyun glanced back and said, “You’re coming with us?”

“To where?” Myungsoo asked.

“To Sungyeol’s house of course, we always hang out together. Wanna join?” Woohyun asked.

Sungyeol flashed him a smile and sure enough Myungsoo knows that being with this two people will not be such a pain. Literally