“You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you.”

Little Infinities

 

Myungsoo got up late the next morning.

He watched the TV and eventually shut it off after realizing that most of the stories are full with craps.

He went into the backyard and called Sungyeol. As the phone rang, he sat down on the grass, staring at a swing set. The useless swing set his mum kept for years.

Sometimes Myungsoo just couldn’t understand it. Why would you keep a useless thing if it’s useless?

“Hi.” Myungsoo said as Sungyeol picked up the phone.

“Myungsoo.” Sungyeol answered.

“Hi.” Myungsoo said it again.

“Are you crying?” Sungyeol asked.

“Kind of?”

“Why?” Sungyeol flattened his tone.

“Because …. I just don’t want my particular life, and also the sky is depressing me because they’re just too grey and low and full of rain but not yet raining, and there is this old swing set out here that’s absolutely useless but my mum decided to keep it anyways.”

“I must see you immediately. Be right back, I’m coming over.” Sungyeol said before hanging up.

Myungsoo smiled. Sungyeol just know what to say to him, every single time.

Myungsoo waited for several minutes, staring at the sky before he heard footsteps coming from behind him and he wiped his face with his hands before saying, “Hi.”

Sungyeol sat on the ground next to Myungsoo. “Hi.” He said, finally.

Sungyeol is looking at the old swing set before glancing back at me and said, “I have to admit, that swing set is kind of depressing to see.”

Myungsoo lightly punched Sungyeol’s shoulder before saying, “Thank you for coming over.”

“You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you.” Sungyeol grinned.

“All efforts to save you from falling harder for me are going to fail.” He added.

They chatted about how Sungyeol hates it when someone is interrupting when he’s talking and Myungsoo will teasingly cut him off every time Sungyeol is trying to say something and they both ended up giggling together.

Sungyeol asked Myungsoo if he wanted to go with him to the Support Group because Woohyun is still there but Myungsoo is really tired and it’s not like he doesn’t want to be there for Woohyun but he is just too tired.

They were sitting on the ground together and Sungyeol pushed himself up to go but then fell back down onto the ground and sneaked a kiss onto Myungsoo’s cheek.

“Sungyeol!” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol grinned as he pushed himself up again and really stood this time.

“See you soon, Myungsoo.” He smiled before leaving the front gate.

Myungsoo went to bed right after dinner because he’s too tired to do any other else.

I guess it’s true when the doctor said sleeping will help my poor oxygenation. Myungsoo thought before falling into deep slumber.