Unfortunately

Little Infinities

 

Several days after that, Myungsoo got a text from Sungyeol.

Woohyun is out of surgery. It went well. I mean, he’s blind. Unfortunately.”

Myungsoo went to the hospital to check on Woohyun. He found his way to his room and knocked.

“Come in.” A voice said.

“Hey, Woohyun.” Myungsoo said.

The nurse is doing something to the bandage on Woohyun’s eyes.

“Hey.” He said back. Then nothing for a while.

“How are you doing?” Myungsoo asked.

“Fine? Okay? I don’t know. I’m blind now. Am I supposed to be happy because I officially have no evidence of cancer or should I be sad because I’m blind now?” He said.

“You’ve got to give yourself time to heal.” Myungsoo said.

“I just want to get out from this place.”

“This place as in the hospital?”

“That, too. I just wish the whole thing hadn’t happened sometimes. The whole cancer thing.” Woohyun said.

“I’m sorry.” Myungsoo didn’t know what else to say.

“No need to. Sungyeol was here earlier. He was here when I woke up.” Woohyun said.

Myungsoo just nodded and realized seconds after that that Woohyun can’t see so he replied, “Yeah, okay.”

Myungsoo watched as Woohyun slowly closed his eyes, fading away from this world, into his dreams in which Myungsoo hoped that it’ll be full with sweet dreams.

A minute after that Woohyun is already in a deep slumber.

Myungsoo slowly got up from his seat, and put the flowers he bought earlier into a glass and put it next to Woohyun’s bed.

If Woohyun can’t see the beauty of the flowers, at least he can smell the sweetness odour from the flowers.