"The World is not a Wish-Granting Factory."

Little Infinities

 

“So, how was the dinner last night?” Myungsoo’s mum asked as she’s spreading the strawberry jam on the bread.

“Fine. It’s lovely.” Myungsoo said, taking another bite from his toast.

“You should tell me more about what happened.” His mum raised her eyebrows.

“Nothing happened, mum. We just ate and then leave.” Myungsoo said, swallowing down his breakfast.

Their front door clicked open before Sungyeol walked in, cleanly dressed.

“Good morning, ma’am. Always a pleasure to meet you.” He beamed.

Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol in disbelief.

“Sungyeol, why are you trespassing into my house without my permission? How could you just walk in like it’s your own house?” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol shrugged and went to Myungsoo’s mother before saying, “Can I have a toast too?”

She smiled before saying, “Of course you can, Sungyeol. Oh and Myungsoo, don’t be rude to our guest.” She said.

Myungsoo snickered. “Guest? As far as I can remember, guests will be knocking the door first before walking in.” He said.

“Just ignore him, Sungyeol. He’s just too embarrassed by the fact that he’s not ready to meet you yet.” His mum smiled at Sungyeol.

“What? Mum.” Myungsoo said, not satisfied at all. How could his mum is on Sungyeol’s side when she’s HIS mother, HIS own mother.

“Listen to your mum, Myungsoo.” Sungyeol added with his mouth full with toast.

“Urgh.” Myungsoo groaned and left the dining table before stomping upstairs to his room.

Sungyeol followed him into his room before Myungsoo turned around and said, “Why are you following me, Sungyeol?” He said, irritated.

“I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” Myungsoo frowned as he slammed himself on the bed.

“Just before you’re in the hospital, I started to feel this ache in my hip.” He started.

“What? No.” Myungsoo said, sitting upright. Panic rolled in.

Sungyeol went to sit next to Myungsoo on the bed. He nodded slowly as he said, “Yeah, I’m suffering cancer right now.”

Sungyeol Myungsoo’s hair and mumbled, “I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you earlier.”

“It’s not fair. It’s just so not fair.” Myungsoo whispered.

Sungyeol sighed. And for a moment, Myungsoo thought he’s going to broke down into tears but Sungyeol looked up, locking his eyes with Myungsoo before smiling bitterly.

“The world is not a wish-granting factory.” He said.

Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo closer before whispering, “But I’ll fight it. I’ll fight it for you. Don’t worry, okay? It’ll be fine. I promise.”

Myungsoo buried his face on Sungyeol’s chest.

“Sorry for making you believed that you’re in love with a healthy person.” Sungyeol said.

Sungyeol kissed his cheek before grimacing again.

“Does it hurt?” Myungsoo croaked out.

“No.”

“I am very, very fond of you, Lee Sungyeol.” Myungsoo whispered.

“I’m not dying, Myungsoo. A disease can’t kill me, right?”

He’s wrong because there’s no cure for cancer, Myungsoo thought but he kept the words in his mind.

 

 

 

A/N ; sooooooo, i decided to start off with a twist. EVERY LITTLE STORY NEEDS A TWIST SO YEAH