"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."

Little Infinities

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol glanced at each other, smiling.

“Would you like to see our menu or will you have the chef’s choice?” A waiter asked them, breaking their eye contact.

“The chef’s choice sounds lovely.” Sungyeol glanced back at me, still smiling.

The waiter nodded and disappeared.

“Did I tell you that I haven’t gotten used with your beauty, just yet?” Sungyeol asked.

Myungsoo grinned. “Sungyeol, stop it. You’re being too cheesy.” Myungsoo said.

The food was so good that Myungsoo just can’t stop eating and smiling at the things Sungyeol is talking about. He’ll let Sungyeol do all the talking because honestly, Myungsoo isn’t good at it.

“They said Earth is a planet of Sin, but in the truth it is a planet of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.” Sungyeol said after he gulped down the water.

Myungsoo just shrugged. Why does Sungyeol always likes to thrown in random things in their conversations, all the time?

Out of nowhere, Sungyeol asked, “Do you believe in an afterlife?”

“I don’t know, maybe? But I do believe Heaven and Hell exists.” Myungsoo answered.

“But I believe humans have souls and when they die, their souls will be transfer to the afterlife. Don’t you think so?” Sungyeol said.

“Truthfully, Sungyeol, I don’t know. I never thought about things like this.”

“They said if you do good deeds in your life, your afterlife will be splendid but if you do bad things in your life, you’ll suffer in the afterlife.” Sungyeol added.

“Why are you talking about dying? It’s just weird.” Myungsoo frowned.

“Everyone wants to lead an extraordinary life.” Sungyeol said quietly.

“Definitely not me.” Myungsoo got up and walked towards the payment counter.

But the waiter said that their meal has been paid by his mum. Myungsoo stared in disbelief, really?

“Your mum definitely wants us to hook up together.” Sungyeol teased from the behind.

They walked home together in silence, hands not meeting each other because Myungsoo felt uncomfortable after their ‘chat’ just now.

Myungsoo requested to sit for a while on the park bench because he’s getting tired with all the walking and his poor oxygenation isn’t helping at all.

Sungyeol half smiled and said of course they can.

They sat there for a long time, staring at the lake in front of them. Neither of them said anything.

Myungsoo leaned his body on Sungyeol’s shoulder before Sungyeol winced.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked, worried.

Sungyeol said he’s fine in obvious pain.

“Sorry.”

“Not your fault.”

There’s this silence again before Sungyeol breathed out, “You know, Myungsoo. When I first saw you in Support Group, I can’t keep my eyes off you. My eyes will automatically turn back at you every time I tried looking somewhere else.”

Myungsoo just keep on being silence.

“You know what I’m very afraid of, Myungsoo? Being rejected, feeling rejected, everything else that’s related to ‘reject’.” Sungyeol said.

“I won’t reject you, Sungyeol. Why did you think I was going to reject you, anyway? I don’t ever want to do that to you.” Myungsoo looked up into Sungyeol’s eyes.

Sungyeol half smiled and said, “I wouldn’t mind, Myungsoo. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”