Tug of War

Capture

                The first layer of snow that piled up on the ground began to melt and the sun was rising. The sun’s rays crept between the blinds and beamed brightly on Thunder’s eyelid causing him to flinch and open his eyes. He sat up and looked to his side the dark blue comforter was pulled back and Joon was missing. Thunder pulled all his weight up and rubbed his eyes then looked to his side again. Normally if Joon had gotten out of he would have noticed but today there was no one there and he hadn’t felt a thing. He was still tired from all the prep from Joon’s party and wasn’t too enthusiastic about searching getting up and searching for him. He threw his body back and sighed covering his eyes with his forearms. “I’m glad you were so concerned about your missing boyfriend Thunder” The sudden sound of Joon’s voice startled Doongie causing him to jump and fall out of the bed. “ahh” Thunder whined “What time is it?” “Noon, get up my parents will be here soon. Joon hadn’t mentioned to Thunder that traditionally when he has a sleepover with his friends his parents would go around and pick everyone up and that this experience wouldn’t be any different. “Why would they come at noon, isn’t it supposed to be a sleepover don’t you just show up somewhere near bed time or something?” Joon shook his head. “And hurry up we have other people to pick up.” Thunder wondered for a second who they could possibly have to pick up but after a while of thinking he remembered …Mir. Not to say that he disliked Mir but he wasn’t too fond of anyway getting too close to Joon. Thunder stuffed a few random sets of clothes into a gym bag and dragged himself out of the bedroom and into the living room. Before he could say anything he was being assaulted by a coat to the face. “They’re here let’s go.” Thunder was suddenly regretting his decision of coming along Joon’s parents made him uncomfortable he had to basically hold back everything that he was feeling towards his boyfriend until his boyfriend felt that he could tell everyone the truth about them and he had to spend the day with someone that just got under his skin by being present. “Yah what’s wrong with you?” Joon asked in an irritated tone as he pressed the elevator button. Thunder just shrugged. “I’m tired what’s wrong with you?” He bit back in an informal tone that shocked Joon for a while. “Are we going to start like this kid?” “If you’re going to call me kid again than yes we are hyung.” The tension in the elevator was rising for some unknown reason. Joon turned to face Doongie with concerned eyes and asked him not to be so harsh but he was ignored.

                He scoffed. “Fine be that way Thunder don’t forget I can have anyone I want, or don’t want.” He stormed away from Thunder’s side as he saw his Family’s van pulled around in front of the building. Sliding the side door open he threw his bag inside then jumped in. Joon was going to regret his words and very soon. “Good morning Thunder you look well.” Joon’s mother commented “Did you sleep well?” He just nodded and forced on a convincing smile. “Very well, Good morning”. He slid himself into the car’s back seat away from Joon. The parents present thought nothing of it and so they pulled off. “Mir was at school when we called so we’re going to pick him up after his class and we can’t forget Kwanghee is coming. Changsun did you contact him?” His body stiffened as if he’d forgotten about this person. Thunder had never heard him being mentioned he had assumed that it would only be himself, Joon and Mir but a fourth person being added to the mix made him relax a bit. He smiled even.

                Thunder’s p.o.v

So Mir is in school. He didn’t seem like the college type to me. He seemed kind of childish and dumb actually so this was a shock. Mir had a grin on his face as he approached the van and laughed obnoxiously when he opened the door. He rested his face on the middle set and just blabbered on about things. “Ahhh! This is crazy it’s just like when we were younger ahh I never want to leave this van.” He hugged the seat. “Yah you’re not even in the fan just get in before we leave you.” Mir looked up at Joon with puppy dog eyes and pulled himself in the car. “Oh hey it’s you from the party I forgot you were coming too. I had tuned out and looked at the camera I brought along from home. All the videos in it seemed so long ago even though they’d just happened within the last few weeks and months. Some of it was really painful to watch. I didn’t feel like I belonged in this at all I was just a poor boy with a mother who until recently was terminally ill, no father and no money to my name. What business do I have with these people? Going to this sleepover at someone else’s house and having fun isn’t something someone like me even deserves to have. I started to get tired and sink into the backseat. “Thunder are you feeling okay?” “Not well.” I said in a low voice before falling asleep. I half sensed a presence beside me about a half hour later and assume that the other person joining us had been picked up but I couldn’t pull myself out of this slumber. I couldn’t fight the pressure on me my chest and eyes that were keeping me asleep.

                Thunder felt motion beneath his body that wasn’t like a car and he realized he was being carried. He smiled assuming it was Joon that carried him from the car to the front yard but then he heard whining. Whines like only Mir could produce. “Agh Joonie hyung this guy is skinny but he’s actually really heavy.” “Put him down then.” Thunder’s eyes shot open just as he was falling toward a large patch of green grass. “Ouch!” “Oh look he’s up!” Said a flamboyant voice from behind a camera. A guy was standing there holding a camera but all Doongie could see was his smile and his chestnut brown hair. He then moved it away from his face when he noticed Thunder’s agitation with being filmed “Hai there I am Kwangheee nice to meet yooou~” Thunder stood up holding his back but bowed to Kwanghee. “I’m I’m Thunder. What are you doing?” “I’m recording you baby Joonie told me to keep an eye on you since you are my partner.”

                “Partner?” “Well look were in the backyard.” Joon pointed out. When Thunder looked around he noticed the vast amount of open space, grass, trees and even one mountain in the far distance. “This is your backyard?!” Thunder exclaimed. “Are you surprised Thunder?” Doongie could only roll his eyes at Joon’s egotistic tone while Joon and Mir laughed at him. Kwanghee reached out a hand for him. “We’re starting the games soon, it’s something like a full on war of sorts, all things go we’re starting with a simple tug of war, move on to capture the flag, we’ll have some time to decide on the pranks we’ll perform on the neighbors and my dad will decide which team’s prank is better. After the sun goes down it’ll get more serious so try to staying awake and keeping up. Kwanghee has never won against Mir and I no matter who you team him up with.” Joon glared down at Thunder before walking away with Mir clinging to his arm.   “So I’m guessing somehow they decided we would be a team?” Kwanghee frowned slightly. “Mir is always Joon’s partner If you couldn’t tell he’s practically in looove with Changsun. Since his was younger and Changsun just entertains his feelings I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t give into Mir at some point.”

                Hearing those words set a fire in Thunder’s chest that not even an entire fire department could put out. He wasn’t exactly happy with Joon at the moment but he wasn’t going to let any near someone he considered to be his and only his especially after hearing Joon’s words this morning about him being able to have anyone he wanted or didn’t want. He put two and two together and realized he meant Mir. He was determined to win the stupid games, get the opportunity to sleep in the stupid bed but more he wanted to get Joon’s attention. If he was ashamed of him but was fine with people assuming he’d end up with Mir then the problem had nothing to do with his gender. He was nothing to be ashamed of and he was ready to fight to prove it.

Thunder’s p.o.v

Kwanghee hyung and I followed after the others into the house to have the home cooked lunch that was prepared for us before we brawled for the remainder of the day. I was in no mood to eat I was ready to play. I had my game face on and my sharp tongue on. “Joonie hyung~” I cooed and he looked at me while stuffing his face. “Your hair is bad you should cut it. It doesn’t suit you.” Mir shrugged at the sudden comment. “I think it looks really good.” Of course he would think it looked good. “Wah? yah! Just the other night you sa-“ Thunder chuckled at his hyung’s outburst. “I said what?” I placed my hand behind my ear waiting for the rest of his comment. “Where was this? Hmm hyung what did I say the other night?” His face scrunched up before he threw his fork down. “I’m sorry okay Thunder don’t be this way.” He apologizes so insincerely.


I'm sorry this is all OVER THE PLACE AND APTONGLRGEKREB ALEFBSWL I've cleaned it up for the next update ~ I'll update again in a matter of hours or so ^^