Last (Part 1)

Capture

Thunder’s P.O.V

                It was starting to get cold again I began to wonder why anyone would even have the AC on at this time of year. My cheek were starting to ache my skin was becoming dry. Even with my eyes still closed I reached up to my face to warm it but I only felt another pair of hands under mine. They caressed my cheeks and I opened my eyes when I heard Joon’s voice. “Doongie we’ve made it.” My heart jumped at the sudden sound of his voice and those words sent a shock through my veins. He kept his camera around his neck most of the time now. He didn’t want to miss anything he said. Not when it came to our time together. I tried to sit up from his lap but a jolt of pain struck my side and I lowered myself back down slowly. “Please take it easy just let me get everything inside first then I’ll come back for you okay?” He slid from beneath my head and out of the car. He was just going to close the door but he paused and peaked his face back in for a second. “And please stay here this time I don’t need you falling over again and losing you memory.” I just swatted him away and he closed the door. I managed to slow get into an upright position and I caught the Taxi driver’s eyes in the mirror looking back at me. They shot me a brief eye smile before I sent one back with a slight bow. I paid and tried to slip out of the door. “You better stay put Doongie. Listen just this once.” She said and I caught her eyes again “Om-“ The door opened and Joon leaned down to offer me his hand. “Well come on now.” He smiled at me and I scooted slowly out of the backseat of the Taxi. He whispered take car to the driver before closing the door again.  She smiled at us both from the window and pulled away from the curb. Joon’s teeth chatter but then he laughed. “Did you really pay that woman?” I nodded. “Why? Just because she’s my mom doesn’t mean I get a free ride of course I paid her.” He laughed again and kissed my cheek. “I love you.” I just nodded back realizing that I was more tired than I thought. He slipped a bag on his arm and then turned his back to me. “Want to go home first?” I tilted my head. “You’re doing that confused puppy thing aren’t you.” I covered the smile on my face even though I knew he couldn’t see it. “Up up hurry” It was a bit ridiculous to think I would just get on his get on his bac- ahh but there that pain was again. “Just get on my back Doongie really.” He said it more firmly than before and I knew he was getting irritated. “I won’t force you to go home but do you really want to go with me?” I nodded and exhaled in his neck his whole body shivered in response. “Yah! Don’t do things like that.” “I’m sorry.” I said it in a child-like tone.

                Joon was being more protective of me than usual. We made it to the park Joon had to do some work there but he laid out a blanket for me to sit on in the grass in a nice sunny spot so I wouldn’t freeze. I shook my head at him keeping the camera on him after he let me hold it. “I can sit on that bench it’d be closer to where you’re working I’ll be fine.” He kneeled down to carry me again. “I can walk. Thank you really but remember I struggled a lot before we met so don’t think I’m not capable to keep going.” He stood up “I’m sorry Thunder.” I smiled I guess he was worried that I was mad but I was fine and made my way to the bench. I talked to the camera in a whisper so he couldn’t hear. He caught up effortlessly and kneeled in front of me after I sat down. “I’ll be right over there if you need me Doongie ok?” He rubbed my hands in his and blew hot air on them for a moment before kissing my hands and standing up. “I’ll be watching.” I swatted him away again. He’s been like that all week, practically making sure every one of my breaths was on time and I blinked normally. I guess a lot of people would find it smothering but I was enjoying the attention a bit. He cared a lot of I wanted to make sure he knew I was fine whenever he asked. It’s a hard struggle between me being able to take care of myself and him forcing the fact that I don’t always have to do everything alone anymore. Joon’s never had to take care of anyone but himself but sometimes there’s nothing he wants to do more than help me but he doesn’t always go about it the right way. We’re finding a balance that we can both work with.

                I turned the camera on again and looked through the videos from a few days ago. From when I was in the hospital nearly every moment, minus my whole surgery, was recorded. It wasn’t going to wait any longer after we returned home I got really sick. I couldn’t get out of bed, my skin was grey, I couldn’t keep any food down, It may have just been my imagination but my hair was falling out and It was a scary time for both me and Joon. Omma was terrified looking at me in bed, realizing that what she saw was exactly what I saw every day that I took care of her while she was sick. It hurt her that she could hardly bring herself to visit me. She would come over and leave the bedroom door open so she could talk to me from the living but she couldn’t look at me. She’d always burst into tears seeing her child in pain but also feeling what I felt all those years. Dara visited it was hard to adjust her back into our lives but we managed. It couldn’t wait any longer I’m not as strong as omma I was probably going to die of course the doctors never said any such things but I felt like I wasn’t all there, some days I just felt myself getting hazy. I was always cold and sometimes I couldn’t hear what my loved ones were saying to me even when they were right beside my bed. I had just started school just like Joon said that I could and we even had one class together. It was great but I couldn’t finish the semester with him.

                It’s only been a few days since my recovery I managed to take all my tests today right after I was discharged from the hospital. Joon’s been keeping an eye on me. I’m still not fully healed but much better than when I first got out of surgery of course. It was almost like Joon and omma never left my bedside he brought me all my work and studied with me and omma snuck me in some real food. I looked up at the balloon attached to my bag. She sent balloons and flowers and such. This was the last balloon it said Get Well Soon but she scratched out the “soon” with a permanent markers and replaced it with “Right now!” She has such a strong sense of humor but Joon’s learned to get used to it. I’m just happy to finally be back near home where I can go outside and breathe fresh air and see colors other than white walls and white sheets. I saw Joon working in a flower bed and I got an idea. The sun was hitting him a lot like he described it hitting me the day we first met. I got an idea…

Joon’s P.O.V

                I looked over my shoulder at the bench where I left Doongie. He’s been acting like he’s fine even though I know he’s in a lot of pain. He does smile a lot when he gets to hold my camera though he’s practically glued to that thing. He’ll record for a few minutes then flip it around and review what he caught. He got filming on his own and it seems to make him happy, I don’t even give him any tips or advice I let him learn and experience it all on his own he has something that he loves now. I was starting to sweat from pulling so many weeds and adding new soil to the flower bed. I kept looking back where the bench was but truthfully I couldn’t see beyond a giant tree behind me. The sun was shining in my eyes anyway so I decided it was a good time to check up on him and I was getting hungry too. I stood up and dusted my pants off then took a look over. He wasn’t there I instantly panicked he never listens to me he can hardly move where could he have gone? “Excuse me” I heard his voice and spun my body around quickly. “THU-“ He put his finger up to his mouth and stepped closer, focusing the camera on me. “Should you really be working so hard outside in this kind of weather?” I already caught on to what he was doing. “You have gorgeous skin and a perfect jawline. Do you want to be in my movie?” “Yah I didn’t say it like that! You make It sound like I’m some type of ert.” I argued. Doongie just chuckled and put the camera down. “Well maybe you didn’t approach me exactly like that but I still thought you were a ert.” He chuckled. “But I’m not!” He just laughed lowered the camera.  “Joonie I’m hungry.” I reached out for his hand and he took it. “Me too let’s go eat. I have everything we could ever need to have a picnic.” We walked back over to the sunny spot I placed him earlier and spread out the blanket one more time. “Hyung you smell like grass.” His shoulder bumped into mine as I unpacked out sandwiches, snacks and water. “Well you smell like hospital soap.” We both laughed and he fell back into my lap causing me to jump. “Ahhh Doongie don’t be so rough there.” He covered his ears that were started to turn red and he bit his lip.  “Sorry Joonie.”

                He closed his eyes and rested his cheek against my abdomen again. I petted his cheek. “Yah I thought you were hungry.” He kept wiggling and burying his shirt in my shirt. “Thunder stop that it’s weird. We’re in public remember.” His bottom lip poked out then he sat up and fixed his hair. “You promised you’d show me your film.” He brought it up again. “I did!” He crossed his arms at me. “Like the first three minutes of credits and random stuff.” He got quiet and unwrapped his sandwich and stuffed his cheeks with it. “Hey hey chew that first at least!” He rolled his eyes at me. “I’m just worried you’ll be upset by it?” He tilted his head. I was holding that camera for a while. It was warm from his hands. “Because of things I might not want to relive?” I shook my head to his question. “I think…it’s just weird. If I didn’t know better I would think it was some cheesy obsessive stalker video.” “That’s not far off.” He chuckled. “I’m not a ert!”

                Thunder fanned his hands in front of me to get me to lower my voice. “Hyung I don’t care. I know you put a lot of work, time and …love into it. I just want to see life captured like no one else could have captured it.” He leaned his head on my shoulder. “Okay but be prepared to be fascinated. It’s inspiring! It will not only stimulate your mind but capture you heart.””Joonie please stop being so dramatic. My sides hurt from laughing.” I stayed silent. “Besides you already have my heart.” I kissed the top of his head and a large gust of wind blew through the both of us. “Let’s go home now.”