Nineteen

Capture

Gotta edit but here you go. I hope it's legible XD.


Thunder’s p.o.v

It was the most beautiful thunderstorm I had ever seen, sitting out under the covered porch while it rained on either side of me. How was it possible to feel so unstable and yet calm. The moon was in the center shining stars and patches of thick clouds. The ground was practically shaking and yet I wasn’t at all afraid to go out this storm. I wasn’t even uneasy to face Joon again I was actually sort of excited to see his face. I can’t stay upset for long even though I know I deserve an explanation I just want to be peaceful on a night like this. Maybe I’m in denial. I heard the car horn and looked up to see the car sitting there, the wind shield wipers were doing overtime and headlights were shining brightly against the dark night. I was going to get up and end out into the rain until I noticed Joon jump out of the driver’s seat and struggle to get his umbrella open. I stood to my feet watching him get drenched in the down pour. He gets sick so easily he’s going to be a mess by midnight.  I was concerned I was going to step out to help him. “No no stay there you’ll get sick.” He motioned and the umbrella finally opened. He stood just off the porch and held it up to me. “Okay now Thunder come down.” I started to step down and he grabbed my hand and I felt a shock in my chest. He had a strong grip on my hand but it was gentle in its own way. We got in the car and Joon started to talk. “Thunder I-“”Joon I want to go to the nearest supermarket or convenient store.” He looked down at the stirring wheel and squeezed it tight with his wet hands. There was a squeak and I tried so hard not to giggle about it. “Okay anything you want Thunder, but you’ll let me explain later right?” I just nodded before I decided to look out the window and listen to the rain that slammed against the car. “Are you tired Joon?” “A little why?” “I’m just curious about how you’re feeling.” I didn’t really speak too much more unless I was spoken to my mind was just sort of occupied at the moment but at least we were talking at all.

Joon p.o.v

I can admit that I’ve never been so nervous in my life. Not about anything. If anyone could believe it I’ve never felt more dumb than this moment, I was sickened by the regret rising from my stomach to my chest I wasn’t sure how long I could keep consciousness with the guilt quickly weighing on me. I couldn’t help but wonder if he was actually ever going to let me explain. I wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t I wasn’t entitled to the chance to speak especially when this was something I should have said a long time ago. Somehow he looked so peaceful to be out in this car during this storm, his skin was glowing, some milky smooth tone and his dark eyes were glossy and reflecting the full moon high in the sky. Every time I glanced over at him even for a slight moment he never took his eyes off of it. He’s really beautiful. We pulled into the store parking lot. It was neither a convenient store nor a super market it was a super convenient store. We wouldn’t have to go anywhere else unless he wanted to. I reached into my pocket and pulled out all the money I had brought for him.  “I brought-“”That’s a lot that’s hyung.” He grabbed the wad of cash quickly and skipped off with it and the umbrella. Aish this kid practically left me for dead as the rain pour, that had settled for a while, picked up again and I was sitting there again with no umbrella. “Yah Hyung!”Yah?!?! “What are you waiting for? Get out of the car you’re already soaked anyway I need you to carry the basket!” He skipped inside and dropped the umbrella outside the automatic double doors. Bring him money, give him a ride, HOLD HIS BASKET! What am I his personal butler or something?? I finally made it in the store and this kid barely made it inside three feet before he got change for one of the bills and let himself be absorbed by the pac-man game machine in the front of the store. Somehow he managed to buy a pocket full of gumballs and bouncy balls and several rings and necklaces from the quarter machines up front. Aish. This isn’t what we came here for…actually I had no clue what we were here for. “Doongie.” I tapped his shoulder gently. “Mm?” He was so into the game he had a ring on each finger oh god his skin is going to be so green. “What did we even come here for?” “Snacks and movies.” He said it but it took me a while to understand what he had said because it was in a muffled speech. Like he was chewing something … “Thunder how are you eating something already? Come on turn around what are you eating?” I pulled his wrist and as he turned around a silver wrapper it the floor in a smack. Chocolate. “Hyung you made me lose!” He pouted with chocolate at the corner of his mouth. “You really are a kid aren’t you?” I couldn’t hold back my smile at how cute he was being all of a sudden…well more cute than usual I’m not sure how it was possible but it was.

                I used my thumb to wipe off the chocolate as he squirmed. “Stop moving I almost got it all Doongie.” I said as I got the last of it off. My hand was still on his face and I got trapped in his gaze. His pink lips were still formed in a pout and I just wanted to kiss his face. But then the guilt returned. “About Mir-“”Uuuuh I think we better start shopping hyung it’s getting pretty late so.” He slipped away from my grasp and went over to grab a little red basket from the corner of the shop. “Catch!” …Of course he threw it to me. I’m in debt to him and he knows it.

The two traveled around the Super Convenient store while only Thunder was allowed to picked anything. Every time Joon mentioned he liked something or tried to add it to the basket Thunder slapped his hands away. “We’re not here for you! You don’t have any mooooney remember. After I’m done I might let you pick on thing.”  He was being such a spirited brat but Joon didn’t mind it a bit at least he was talking to him. He was feeling pressure like Thunder was just going to let this all go and not let him explain every time he tried Doongie just shifted subjects or just moved away from Joon all together. Then he gravitated to the other side of the store and picked a million horrible films to watch. “You really want to watch these?””Just for laughs I like laughing. I never really laughed much before…” Thunder moved down the aisle again. “Before what?” He just sort of fainted laughed at the question. “Before I met you hyung. It’s not like I have friends or anything and I was always so stressed with omma so laughing and being with hyung mean a lot to me.” He smiled brightly before taking the heavy basket from his partner and making his way to the front register. “Want anything better get it now Joonie.” A gasp was clearly heard when it escaped from Joon’s mouth. Joonie was like a pet name to him and he really liked hearing it leave the mouth of the one he loved most.

                After they were settled in the car it was quiet. “I forgot to ask if others wanted anything.” Joon’s eyes widened why would he ever ask about the others at all considered what’s been going on for the better part of the day. “They went home Doongie, I …asked them to leave.” He nodded slowly like he understood but he didn’t. He couldn’t fathom any reason that Joon would make his friends leave then just take him around town in the middle of a storm. He’s…dumb. He couldn’t imagine that it would just be because Joon would rather be with him than anyone else on the planet. “Okay Doongie do you want anything else while we’re out?” He just shook his head. “I want to go back to noona’s house. I want Joonie hyung to stay over. We can have…our own sleepover. Start something new just between us?” “….If I stay will you let me expain.” Thunder agreed.

                They got into Dara’s house and Doongie shook his hair out like a wet puppy…all over Joon. “Yah why are you such a hateful kid I’m already drenched!” Joon shivered than sneezed. “Just pour all the stuff out on the counter hyung.” “Yeah yeah.” He ripped the large bags allowing all the goods to scattered across the enormous counter top. “Wait! You bought a tent!” “Neee :3” Thunder held the package close to his chest. “Whhhy? When did you even pick it up I was holding the basket!” Joon exclaimed in disbelief. “You were too busy sighing to notice I want it because we’re camping in tonight. Hungry?” “No. Can we-“ Joon was interrupted by his stomach violently rumbling. “Go sit go sit in there. I’ll make some sort of really unhealthy dinner for the two us go go.” He insisted as he fanned Joon away. “And set up my tent while you’re at it!” He threw it but this time Joon didn’t turn around and it hit him in the back of the head. Doongie just burst into a seemingly endless laughing fit. “I’m bahaha I’m so haha so. I’m not even sorry hyung.” “Stop laughing before someone thinks we’re murdering a rooster in here.” “Don’t be upset! I- haha ok ok just go put up the tent.”

                Thunder was suddenly becoming slower and more tired he sleepily brought out all the dishes of food and dessert and side snacks. No way they were going come close to eating all of it or even get to a move at this rate. Thunder was right by midnight Joon had more symptoms of a cold but nothing too severe yet other than a slightly raspier voice that he actually found y for some reason especially when he said his name. “This is really good I didn’t know you can cook this thank you Doongie I don’t deserve this I’ve been an to you.” Thunder just looked up from his meal and faked a smile. “I guess there’s a lot that you don’t know, We don’t know a lot.” He went back to eating and listening to Joon’s struggled breaths. “Are you cold Joonie?” They were sitting in the large tent that Thunder purchased in front of a fake fire toy. “The fire must be burning out.” “It’s..not a real fire!”

Thunder’s p.o.v

                Joon’s no fun. I know it’s not a real fire. I just wrapped a thick blanket around him he was only in his under after all. He couldn’t keep all those wet clothes on and since this was only my Noona’s house. I doubt there was anything he could borrow here...unless he wanted to wear girly and tight night dresses. He grabbed my hand and held it on his chest when I secured the blanket around him. “Can I now please Doongie?” “Okay hyung.” I lied out a blanket and pillow just at the base of his lap and lied back. “About Mir… It’s been this way for a long time I guess. Omma was good friends with his omma and so I saw him a lot and he tagged along with me and my friends a lot at that time. They were annoyed by him. We rode the same school bus but we never sat together so I guess I never noticed how often he was teased and bullied for the short time we attended the same school. My first sleepover I had to invite him. He didn’t speak a word the entire time but all the other guys picked on me for inviting him so when they took his lunch and dinner I didn’t say anything. I just let them.” He sighed. “When we started the games we were on the same team and they were cheating so hard against us mostly on Mir’s end. They called us all kinds of names and he still say anything or do anything he just took it. But the truth us we became good friends through a club in school and eventually he confessed to me.” I wasn’t shocked that he had a thing for Joon it was obvious but I never would have guess that he would confess his senior like that. “I didn’t say anything to him I just led him on in a way and Mir didn’t seem to notice or care but people noticed him clinging to me and my friends and it was giving me bad attention so I pushed him away just like everyone else….that night after the first set of games they tied him up and left him in the shower…. He used a nearby razor to cut himself free and when I came to check on him finally he was standing in my window sill. I scared him and he fell.” I could tell Joon was trying to hold back something I wasn’t sure if it was tears or a spurt of rage. “WE pushed him that far. He was my only real friend then and I didn’t help him. I was so angry when we got in the ambulance all he could say to me was that he was so hungry and he was sorry that we couldn’t win. Like that’s what I was concerned about then. I was so guilty. I take it really seriously It isn’t fair but I haven’t forgiven myself for that year I get blind when it comes to these games. I lost a lot of friends protecting him and it caused a lot of trouble for me so I never wanted to have one of these stupid sleep overs ever again. I can’t even justify hurting someone even more important to me than anyone because I got protective again. I’m even angrier now because this isn’t an excuse!”

I just processed everything. It really didn’t matter to me. I know it should have and I wanted to be furious at him but I really just felt like I had given up on anger a long time ago. “It’s okay. I understand and I don’t but you should have just told me. Babo.” I pouted. “I’m sorry.” And that’s when he broke and he cried, a lot, every tear was sincere and I just sat looking up at him. I was so confused and burned out and tired and upset I just couldn’t do anything other than lie my head in his lap and close my eyes. “I’m sorry too. I don’t know why but I’m sorry seeing you cry hurts and I should be the one hurt. But Joon did you…have feelings for him?” “Never, I never felt that way for Mir not even slightly. I only wanted him sleep in my bed because I worry about him I can only protect him during the sleepovers if he was right next to me. But the only person I want to protect now is you because I love you so much. I’m so sorry.” His sobs had slowed down but the tears were still falling he couldn’t even look at me. “Do you hate me?” “Now you’re just being dumb Joon.” I sat up quickly and pulled his face to mine. It was the first time I’d kissed him…in a long time and I didn’t want to separate from him. It may have been all the emotions flying around in us but the kiss was like electricity. It was striking and powerful and for some reason a tear slipped out of my eyes when I held his face to mine. “Why did you-?”

I lied back down in his lap and pulled his face back down to me. I wasn’t concerned if the position hurt his back really I just wanted to kiss him. “Stop it Thunder I don’t des-“”Shut up Joon. Make it up to me and…makeout with me please. I’ve really missed you.” I blushed I never could express my wants openly like Joon could. “I want to go home…in the morning please I just to be back home with just us and start over.” “Okay, anything you want. I love you I promise I’ll be better.” I just smiled his eyes were slightly red but glassy and sincere when they met mine. He squeezed my hands tight in his when he kissed me. “I’m sleepy.” I admitted half way through our…makeup moment. “I’ll kiss you until you fall asleep if that’s what you want?”

                We both lied down and he wrapped his arms around me like he normally would and I felt so warm under that single blanket hiding us from the world. “Do you think I could go to school Joon?” His eyes widened I know. My eyes were barely opened but I know he was surprised by my suddenly question. “I think you’d do really well in school. I’d like you to go to school with me. Hold hands through the halls, show you to your classes, have lunch together if you really want to go to school. I say go.” I just smiled. “Then I’ll join Hyung in school.” I scooted closer to him. His heart beat was so soothing to my ears and I found my eyes closing completely. “Thu-““Don’t talk anymore Joonie you don’t have a voice. I love you…Goodnight.” I felt him kissed the top of my head before he rested his cheek there.  “Goodnight Doongie-ah”.I got so many new

 


I got so many new subscribers thank you so much! I hope this story isn't too ...weird. Also I wanted to ask What your favorite chapter is ~ um I think that's it. I hope this chapter was okay for you guys! Later ^^