Thirteen

Capture

Thunder's p.o.v

 

We got into the park it was like a ghost town. The image of the peopleless space and the feeling of the crisp cold air reminded me of something, it was creeping in my mind but not revealing it’s self fully. I just know that Joon was there but this wasn’t the place. I was getting an odd sense of déjà vu half of it was happy and the other was terribly sad but I still couldn’t put my finger on it. “Why do you have that camera hyung?” I asked noticing that he was filming. “I was filming for my school assignment you were helping me. It’s due in a few days. I said I would stop filming so much but I can’t seem to I’ve pretty much finished editing for it but I feel like today will fit in perfectly somewhere.” Joon didn’t talk much and he wasn’t a warm’ person usually. He was sort of forceful and knew exactly what he wanted but I liked that about him. “So what do you want to do? Do you want to ride rides or play games or eat?”

 

“Ooooh I want to eat I want to eat!” “I figured” He said rolling his eyes. I must like eating normally. “Here” he handed me money and said he’d wait on the bench for me to come back. He gave me a lot I wasn’t sure If I should spend it all or just bring back his change. My nose was catching onto scents  of all kinds of foods and I wanted to try them all. I started to daydream. I saw that man again I started to walk slower it really felt like he was right in front of me. He was walking quickly and dragging my sisters along with him. They looked back at me and I wanted to grab my sister’s hand but I didn’t want to be near that man. His energy was too strong, something bad would happen if I tried to stop him so I didn’t. I was just a little boy I couldn’t do anything. “Doongie! Doongie saranghae!” My sisters cried out to me. “Don’t come Doongie it’ll be bad. Go back to omma take her the food. Saranghae Doongie.” I kept following but the man stopped and I ran into his back and fell to the ground. He didn’t turn to look at me he just spoke. “Go take that food to your mother before it gets cold. You don’t want her getting more sick do you? It’s your responsibility.” “But Appa where are you and my sisters going?” “We’re leaving, don’t follow me anymore something might happen to you. Your mother is waiting on the bench around the corner.” He started walking again and I stood up and dusted myself off and picked up the tray of food. I began to cry and ran back to my mother with it. It was my responsibility she couldn’t get any more sick it would be my fault…my fault I had to get back to her quickly. I could hardly see through my tears but I finally saw my omma wrapped in a blanket on the bench like he said and I started to run faster and I tripped into her lap and spilled the food on the ground. The rice got everywhere. I failed It was a waste. I’m useless. I cried harder “Omma I’m so sorry I wasn’t fast enough. I didn’t get here in time. You’ll get sicker, you’ll die and it’s all my fault.” I cried into her lap but she stood up quickly and took my hand. “Sang hyun where is Byunghee!?” She took a few quick steps forward but began to cough violently. “He left omma, he said he was leaving and he took noonas with him.” “What?” She jumped forward again but I wrapped myself around her waist and held her tight “No omma don’t follow him. He said, he told me not to follow him he said something bad would happen. You’re too sick anyway, you’re my responsibility. I’m here omma, what do you need? I’m here for you.” I tried to be strong for her but I could only cry into her back and held her tight. I heard a sniffle come from her. But then she just unlocked my hands from around her and squeezed them tight. “How about we go see a movie and get warmed up okay? I want you to know that omma would never leave you. I love you too much. I'm always here. Now let's go.” She wiped my eyes and I nodded. I didn’t look back I was too afraid too but she looked…she didn’t stop looking until we were too far away to see the path.

 

I looked up at the vendor of one of the food stands trying to stifle my tears. I was shaken up by all these dreams or flashbacks of whatever they were. “I’m sorry I can’t eat this can I just please have a cup of ramen and a slice of this pie here” I handed him back the tray of food I ordered. It was identical to the one I’d spilled in my vision I couldn’t bear to open it or smell it or even think of eating it. I couldn’t do it so I gave it back.

I wandered aimlessly around the park after I got my food. I didn’t even think to ask if Joon wanted something. I couldn’t even remember where he was. Something pulled on my pants, on the belt loop in the back and I stopped and turned. Joon looked angry with me. “Yah what were you doing wandering off like that. I was really worried Doongie.” He paused for a moment noticing my wet eyes and pulled me into his arms immediately. “How much do you remember?” “I don’t want to say” that’s all I could push out before I started sobbing into Joon’s shoulder.

 

Joon’s p.o.v

 

It was the only thing I could do to help him even though it hurt him. I knew he wouldn’t remember being my boyfriend but he would remember his past and he would almost remember everything in the process. “I’m sorry I brought you here.” I his hair down and then let him go. “Come on let’s play some games I want you to be happy. Let’s have fun.” This was the wrong way to jog his memory this was the wrong way to go about everything I was always hurting him and he never seemed to notice or hold it against me. “OMG I WANT THE FROG PLEASE” He screeched. He practically beat me in every game in the park and I wasn’t even letting him win he did it on his own! I had to carry the bag with all his huge prizes inside it and it was really heavy. He seemed to forget everything for a while. “Look look Joonie hyung this one Ribbits” He squeezed it and it made a ribbit noise, he squealed with joy before he tried to imitate the sound. “It’s so cute I want to squeeze them all at the same time. Then it’ll be quaking and moo-ing and ribbits and …whatever sounds bears make like roaring and I got so many prizes I’m so happy hyung. I’m happy you’re here with me.” …All those sweets were starting to catch up with him. He was a mad man when his sugar rush hit with full force. “Hyung you’re my best friend ever I love you hyung.” My heart jumped when he said that, I know he had another meaning than usual but it still made me smile. “Yah, stop calling me hyung.” “But I like calling you hyung, you know thaaat.” How did he know that I knew that? I was hoping to get him to stop. I know I am his hyung but it makes me feel further from him when he says it.

 

I watched him stuff his face with every snack possible. “Slow down love” “What?” He said with wide eyes “I said love down, I mean slow down Doongie you’ll choke.” “Okay Hyung” he smiled so bright and I can tell he actually listened, that’s a first. He got up, hugging his new frog close and his plate in another hand as he went to the trash bin. “Let’s take a photo booth picture and go I’m okay now.” I nodded. This time the photobooth was actually open and he picked all the poses. He’s a lot more bossy then he seeeems. But I love him. “Joon” he started as we got back on the train, the sun had gone down and it was so hard to see so he held my hand tight. “Will omma be okay if we go home now? Will she be okay when we get there?” “So you remember?” I asked his eyes were teary. “She’s just fine remember? She’s all better now. No worries.” He swallowed hard like he didn’t believe me but he fell asleep on the train almost instantly and on my shoulder again. I stayed awake this time. I was afraid of what he would remember when he woke up the next time.

 

Half an hour in he started to move around a lot and wrapped his arms around my waist he groaned a bit. It was adorable really. He opened his eyes. “Hi Joon” “Hi? Um are you okay Doongie?” He put his face in my neck. “I’m just fine. I love you Joon I really had fun today. Thank you. I don’t think I’ve ever really thanked you…for everything.” I wasn’t sure what he meant. “I guess this will stop your confusion.” He pulled back and leaned toward me and kissed my lips softly and then a bit deeper. “How could I have forgotten you?” He asked touching my lips with his index finger. I couldn’t help it I just had to pull him as close to me as possible and I exhaled from relief. “I missed you Thunder” “It’s because you have no other friends isn’t it Joon?” he teased me. He really was back so I pinched him. “Yah who said you can stop calling me hyung.” He just giggled “Would you make up your mind on what you want?” he whined. “I did. I’m looking at it.” It was supposed to be romantic but then that huge bag of stuffed animals fell from the overhead compartment and there was barking and ribbits and meows and monkey screeches and quaking and roaring and moo-ing all at once I wish I had captured that moment on film it scared the living daylights out of all the sleeping passengers on the train and all Thunder could do was laugh and clap his hands together like a little kid. How do I stand him?

 


Aish sorry ...I sort of just come up with these things as I type sooo I'm sorry it's so terrible x_x I will do better in the future

Have a great weekend everyone! :D