Fifthteen

Capture

Joon’s p.o.v

                It didn’t occur to me for a while that it really was my birthday.  Doongie and Omma, people who have only known me for a short while, went through all this trouble for me. All the overwhelming emotions were charging toward me like a freight train. My parents were here and some childhood friends. But that was bad…because there’s something really special about the person that invited them all here and they don’t know it yet. I’m not ashamed of my choice in my love life but I’m not exactly sure how to express it to my family and friends and this particular moment wasn’t the best because somehow Thunder became heavily intoxicated. He hung over my arm blabbering about something while I tried to talk to my friend Mir. I turned my head to him. “Yah, you don’t drink why are you like this?” “Omma said I should relaaaax” He hiccupped before he started waving at his mom. I could only sigh. “Haha I like this guy hyung where did you meet him, You seem really close already.” Mir zoomed into my face and blinked. “You aren’t replacing me with this guy are you?” I pressed my index finger to the center of his forehead to push him back. “What are you going on about?” His face started to blush as his arm went up to scratch the back of his head. “It's ust that if you keep treating him like that he’ll get the wrong idea about you like I did.” He let out a half laugh before he walked away to talk with other friends that were there.

                The wrong idea, this is different I really do love him this is no…misunderstanding. I dragged Thunder to a round table and sat him down before sitting across from him. “How could you get like this?” I asked, slightly growling. “Omma said I needed to-“”I know I know it’s just that now I don’t know what to do. I’m sorry but I don’t think I can introduce you as my boyfriend today.” He just shrugged with a smile. His eyes were closed so tight. Thunder had the brightest smile of anyone I had ever met and it just made my heart throb. “It’s okay hyung.” He said finally opening his eyes, two long tears streamed from his eyes but he was still smiling. My body jumped from the seat, I placed my hands firmly on the table. “Yah w-why are you crying??” I didn’t mean to yell at him but I was worried. What if I had hurt his feelings? What if he felt unwanted like I was ashamed of him? He didn’t react to my outburst normally. His eyes only widened as his slender hand went to feel his cheek. “I’m crying?” He hiccuped and looked at his hand

                “Aish why are you so drunk?” I plopped back down into my seat. He was drunk I couldn’t do anything about that and I was only upset because he’s my best friend and I wanted to talk to him. He’s such a light weight he’s probably going to be this way for a while. “Thunder how are you feeling?” I grabbed his hands in mine and kissed them. They were ice cold. “Are you feeling alright?” He grinned “just a bit tired hyung but I’m happy. I tried my best. It’s your birthday so why aren’t you happy?” I looked up at him. Why did he think that I was unhappy. “Thunder-“”Changsun you’re still so popular you have people throwing parties for you now? Is this him?” I stood to greet my parents. They had snuck up on me I felt like my heart had jumped out of my chest. Did they see me…kiss his hands? I’m not really affectionate with anyone I don’t have many close friends either. My mom stared at Doongie’s face for long time. His milky cheeks were brushed with a hint of pink blush. “Is his drunk Joonie-ah?” I hesitantly nodded. “Mm. His omma thought he needed to relax after planning this whole party. He doesn’t drink normally.”  She and my appa just looked at him in silence and he just sort of blankly looked back.  The silence was making me nervous and uncomfortable. “Light weight huh?” Appa asked seriously but since I’m his son I could tell it was a joke. I chuckled. “Ne completely” He kept his hand on my shoulder until I turned to face him. Eventually Doongie greeted them with a bow and an apology that they politely dismissed. Everything was going fine. I hugged them both. “Changsun we haven’t seen you since your last birthday. We only live a few hours away, if not less, but we never see you. No calls, no emails we can’t even get a copy of the films you’ve made it’s almost like you don’t want us in your life.”

                And thus her nagging began. I’m use to these kinds of moments. Omma nags, appa nods in absent agreement and I just think until she’s done. “We may not even have seen you this birthday if we hadn’t been invited to this birthday party” she began to get worked up “imagine that, parents invited by a complete stranger just to spend time with their own son on his birthday. You’re cruel son.” She nuzzled her way into appa’s arms. “Then we arrive here and …still no girlfriend? There aren’t even girls here other than your sister. Really what are we to do with you?” She began to glare at me and then it was time for my father to intervene in her dramatic scene. “What your mother is trying to say is we miss you, is all. We were talking to Mir when he passed by and we were thinking you can come back to the house for a day or two and have one of those sleepovers like you use to when you were all younger. Ah you were all like little girls in your room giggling about lord knows what all night.” I didn’t speak I couldn’t believe that my father had brought up something like that let alone remember something as small as that. I knew that it was probably Mir who had brought it up and pitched the idea. He’s already so jealous. Aish this is annoying. “Just think about it?” He dragged himself and omma away and I could finally breathe again.

                “They seem nice Joon why are you so tense all of a sudden? Is it because I was here? I’m sorry.” His voice was so clear I turned to him and his face was straight and his dark eyes were glossy and sorrowful. “You …aren’t drunk.” I said and he just shook his head. His perfect black locks swayed in the air for a moment then settled back to frame his face. “I just wanted to make this easier on you. So I pretend. If I was sober they could ask me questions and I would tell the truth. It’s just that-“ He stood up “I don’t know if you would want anyone to know the truth about my situation. I wanted to give you time to think it over.” I reached for his hand but he shook my hand away and looked back with a light smile. “It’s fine, take your time.” I couldn’t let him walk away from me like that, he’s never upset. I was being stupid again I’m not good at considering his feelings. I’m not good at – “Sang hyun will you go home with me?” I called to him. My fists clenched. “Will you, come to my real home? I’m having a sleepover and all my friends are invited- especially you because you’re my best friend. I couldn’t imagine you not being there.”  

                I heard a chuckle leave his mouth. “I’ll have to buy a sleeping bag I guess.”  He smirked over his shoulder with a tearing rolling down his cheek. I walked up and squeezed his hand once. “If you’re lucky you might get to sleep in bed with me. That is …if you make it through the night of games and dares.” I winked at him. “But I don’t know Mir wins most of the time and he’s pretty into me you might want to bring your ‘A Game’ since rules are rules and if he wins again-” I shrugged and attempted to walk off, satisfied with my teasing though I was concerned that he was actually crying before. Thunder gripped my shirt and pulled me back “No one sleeps with you but me or we’re going to have a problem.”

                Thunder is scary when he gets protective…especially since he’s the passive one. “I need a drink” he said with a sigh. This weekend is really….going to be something.

***


The games and dares at Joon’s sleepover we’re “intense” when they were younger but now that they’re all men…they’re only going to be more childish. After submitting his project to his teacher to be graded Joon grabs his camera and everyone will venture to his family's property and a day/night of pranks and games will begin.

Tell me ABC or D in the comments sinnnnce the poll was being a :).

I need to write better chapters aish x_x