Promise

[SEQUEL] Falling Into Her Trap

A/N: Not edited. Whoops, updated wrong chapter :) ekeh ^^


After telling Sunny about Yonghwa going to America in order to attend University, Seohyun never had a day without a worry in her mind. She is always so quiet in school and at home. At school, all she could do was fake a smile, create a small laugh. At home, she would do her assignments to disturb her if it doesn’t disturb her from her thoughts, she would usually just sit along the window and look out at the sky.

Seohyun knows that her actions are causing everyone to worry. She doesn’t like being the topic of someone’s worries or the main topic of stopping one person from going somewhere or doing something. Put short, she places her happiness behind her family and friends.

Buzzzzzz Buzzzzzz

Seohyun’s phone vibrated, snapping her out of her thoughts. She walked over to the desk and picked up the call.

“Yoboseyo?” Seohyun answered.
“Seohyun ah, please tell me that you are not looking out the window again,” Yonghwa spoke.
Seohyun chuckled as she sat on her bed. “No I am not. But oppa, what is so bad about sitting beside the window?”
“Well, haven’t you seen Romeo and Juliet? How Romeo climbs up to Juliet’s room?”
“Yeah, what about it?”
“Well, some guy might walk pass and climbs up your room. They might think that you are waiting for him.”

Seohyun could feel Yonghwa frowning over the other line. “Oppa, you’re thinking too much!”
“I am? Cause there is a guy looking at your window right now.”

Surprised, Seohyun walked over to the window and looked down. She smiled when she saw Yonghwa standing there with his phone to his ears.

“Seohyun!” He waved. “Down here!” He spoke through the phone.
“Oppa, are you crazy? Be a man and walk through the front door?” Seohyun laughed.
“Hey I am a man. Now, Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!” He acted the scene from ‘Rapunzel’.
“I’m sorry. I am not Rapunzel.” Seohyun frowned.
“I don’t care, to me you are Rapunzel! Come and let down your hair! For I shall climb up!” He hung up and started climbing the ladder that he put out before. Taking small steps, Yonghwa made sure that he keep his balance to prevent him from falling into the pool. With a gush of wind, Yonghwa shivered. He started to quicken the pace, but it caused him to miss a step.

“Omg!” Seohyun shrieked.
“Ah!” Yonghwa screamed before causing a huge splash on the pool.
“Oh my gosh!” Seohyun covered as she rushed downstairs to her backyard.

As soon as she step foot out the backyard, Yonghwa jumped out of the water, coughing. “Oh my god! It’s so cold!” Yonghwa said between his coughs.
“Oppa, are you okay?” Seohyun bent over to the edge of the pool. She extended her hand out to Yonghwa as he grabbed her hand. “Let’s go and get you warmed up!” Seohyun patted his shoulder.

Fast forward

The two are now sitting in the living room with blankets covering over Yonghwa. She had made him a cup of hot chocolate and Yonghwa has been drinking it like a good 8 year old boy.

“Who told you to climb the ladder?” Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows.
“I did it last time and it worked!”
“That was last time, the past. This is the present. Aish, oppa, you such a child.” Seohyun ruffled his hair.

Yonghwa reached out and pulled Seohyun down with him, her landing on his laps.

“Ah! Oppa, you’re wet!” Seohyun yelped as she tried to get up.

The more Seohyun tried to squirm away, the more force Yonghwa applied on his arms to hold Seohyun down. In the end, Seohyun gave up as she ran out of breath.

“Stay like this for a while yeah?” He rested his head on her back.

Judging by his tone, Seohyun knew that something was wrong.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Seohyun questioned.
“I really don’t want to go to America. Especially with Han Na there.” He let out a heavy sigh.
“Oppa, this is a good opportunity for you. You have to go okay? I’ll call you every night!” Seohyun tried to keep a smile on her face, deep inside, you could tell that she is not okay with this at all but she is trying her best for Yonghwa.

“It’s not going to be the same. I won’t be able to see you every day and every minute. Plus, it’s a new environment.” Yonghwa tightened his grip was Seohyun’s waist.
“Oppa, a little too tight!” She slapped his arm. He slightly decreased the amount of force he put into his arms and rocked Seohyun side to side. “But oppa, you have to promise me that you are going okay? Promise me or we’ll break up,” Seohyun threatened.

Yonghwa suddenly stood up making Seohyun fall onto the couch. He stared at her, unbelievably. “You are not serious are you?” He questioned.
“I am dead serious.” Seohyun kept a straight face.

He sighed and looked at Seohyun with warm and sincere eyes.

 “Fine, we’ll break up.”

Seohyun gaped at him, not believing what he just said.

“In another thousand years or so!” Yonghwa shouted as he dove down to Seohyun and placed his head on her lap. She sighed as she smacked his forehead lightly.

“But babe.” Yonghwa tilted his head upwards to look at Seohyun. “Don’t say anything about breaking up. Ever. Ever! Okay?”

Seohyun smiled as she clasped her hands with his. “Fine. But you have to go to America. Han Na has her reasons why she did that to us but its all clear now.”

Yonghwa pouted. “I don’t even know why the hell my parents decided to urgh! I can’t even say it.” He groaned.
“I’m sure they have their reasons. Come on, since they are business partners with Han Na’s mum, it won’t hurt to do her a little favour. Especially when Han Na and her mum just reunited and already she is going to America alone. So are you going America?”

There was a long pause.

“Fine.” He mumbled. “But first!”

Seohyun tilted her head to the side. Yonghwa puckered his lips indicating that she should give him a kiss.

“Aniyo!” Seohyun crossed her arms together. He frowned but continued to pucker his lips.

Defeated by his cuteness, Seohyun slowly leaned in and gave him a sweet and happy kiss. Both smiled through their kiss as they knew that nothing could come in between them.

Long distance relationship?

Fine with them!