Visit

[SEQUEL] Falling Into Her Trap

Yonghwa didn’t come to university the next day. Seohyun was worried throughout the whole day. She wasn’t focused on school and she didn’t eat anything. She kept debating on whether she should visit Yonghwa or not, but her mind turned into another thinking that maybe Yonghwa is too tired to treat guests and that she should let him rest.

By the end of the day, Seohyun already decided. She was going to visit Yonghwa. If he is tired then she’ll help him regain his strength. *He’s probably home alone if Mr. Lee is at work and Mrs. Lee is in a meeting this afternoon.*

“Sunny, I’m going!” Seohyun stood up with her bag.
“Alright. Call me if you need any help!” Sunny shouted.

On the way, Seohyun told the taxi driver to stop by at the market. Since Yonghwa liked meat, she decided to make him mixed salad with beef and rice with sesame seeds topping. Good for his health. She walked around the market and she spotted a fruit sale. She walked over and greeted the lady.

“200 won for 1kg?” Seohyun asked staring at the variety of fruit in front of her.
“Deh,” the lady smiled. “What would you like?”

Seohyun looked around before picking oranges and apples. Oranges are good for you since they contain vitamin C and apples helps prevent us from different sickness. Basically, fruits especially these two fruits keep the doctors away.

Seohyun paid the lady and walked out to the taxi that has been waiting for her.

Arriving at the Jung’s house, Seohyun paid the taxi driver and got out of the car. She held up her grocery bags and sighed. *Hopefully he’ll eat these.*

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

I rang the door bell and waited for someone to open the door. It took quite a while. Is he even home? Just as I was about to leave, I heard footsteps running towards the door.

The door opened with an ahjumma  bowing at me.

“Oh? Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted.
“Deh, annyeonghaseyo,” she greeted back.
“I’m sorry but is this Mr. and Mrs. Jung’s home?” I asked.
“Deh, it is. Come in!” She made a space for me to walk through.

I looked at the ahjumma with confusion written across my forehead.

“I apologise for not introducing. I am Jung Yonghwa’s aunty. The older sister of Mrs. Jung.” She smiled.

Oh my god, I thought she was a worker here! “Deh, annyeonghaseyo!” I bowed.
“Ah, so you must be Seohyun? I’ve heard great things about you.” She smiled. “Yonghwa is upstairs. Give me your groceries I’ll put them in the kitchen for you.” She took my groceries and walked to the kitchen. I bowed and headed upstairs. Since I was new here, -yes it’s the first time I’ve been here- I looked around at the different portraits that are hanging on the walls along the stairs.

One caught my eyes; it was Yonghwa in his kindergarten uniform. Ah, he looks so cute!

I continued to walk upstairs and stopped in front of a door which I think is Yonghwa’s. I’m pretty sure it’s this room.

“Yes that is Yonghwa’s room my dear!” Mrs. Jung’s sister yelled from downstairs.

I smiled and opened the door. I popped my head in seeing how clean the room is. White walls with white beds and timber floors. Seeing the empty bed I sighed. *Where is-* I  stopped when I spotted a body on the chair over at the desk far corner to the right.

I walked in the room closing the door on my way and walked towards the desk. There I saw sleeping Yonghwa. He looked so tired, his eye bags are so visible. I sighed and leaned in closer to him. “What are you doing sleeping here?” I mumbled.

I looked on his desk and there were frames of his parents, his whole family and the picture of him and I when we went Lotte World and took pictures at the photo booth. I smiled and looked back at him.

His arms were covering some papers. Curiosity took over me as I carefully lifted up his arms revealing different documents. I spotted the Samsung logo at the top left hand corner of the page. “Are you working?” I mumbled looking through the documents.

“He would always go to the company after university. When he doesn’t have university, he would also go there for work early morning and come back with stacks of documents at late night. His dad said he needs experience for the future since he is studying marketing.” A voice spoke.

I jumped and turned around. At the door was Mrs. Jung’s sister smiling at me.

“He is always coming home late and everything. I’m scared that there is too much work for him. He is still young after all.”

*No wonder why he is always so tired at school. And is also the reason why he keeps cancelling dates. Why didn’t he tell me?* 

When I looked back at the door, she was gone. I looked back at Yonghwa and tapped his nose. “Babo, why didn’t you tell me?” I pouted. Looking more carefully, I saw sweats on his forehead. I reached my hand out and touched his forehead. My eyes widened. “Why are you so hot?!” I hissed. “Aish, you’re sick now.”

I scanned around the room and walked over to the wardrobe bringing back a blanket. I placed it over Yonghwa and gave him a small peck. “Sleep well!”

 

No One’s POV

 

Seohyun walked downstairs and spotted Mrs. Jung’s sister on the couch. Hesitated, she walked over and bowed.

“Um, excuse me. Do you mind if I use the kitchen? I want to cook porridge for Yonghwa since he is sick.”
“No I don’t mind. Go ahead! Aigoo, such a sweetheart. Do you need any help?” She asked.
“Aniyo, I can do it myself.” Seohyun bowed and walked to the kitchen.

Seohyun set the fruit out on the plates and looked around the kitchen. She walked over to the cupboard and pulled out a pot. With a small fist pump, she started to get to work.

After finishing with everything Seohyun sighed and wiped away her sweat. She carried the tray upstairs and stopped when she noticed no one was in the living room. “Oh? Where did she go?” Seohyun mumbled.

“Yonghwa,” Seohyun cooed. Yonghwa stirred a little but kept sleeping. “Oppa, you have to wake up.” Seohyun tapped him. Yonghwa’s eyes slowly opened as he looked at the person in front of him.

“Seohyun?” He mumbled.
“Yes, it’s me.” She smiled.

Yonghwa sat up and yawned. “What are you doing here?” He asked.

*He sounds so tired.*

“Pali. Get freshened up and come and eat this.” Seohyun help up the tray. Yonghwa stood up and walked towards the bathroom while Seohyun was cleaning his desk making space for the tray.

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

“Alright! Sit down!” I ordered Yonghwa as soon as he came out from the bathroom. “Now eat this bowl of porridge before it gets hot, then drink this water then take one tablet of this medicine and drink it. Arasso?” I instructed.

“Did you make this?” He asked.
“No a ghost did. Pali! When you finish meet me downstairs. How did you get yourself sick anyways? Aish.” I ruffled my hair and turned around.

Just as I was about to walk, he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. “Thanks babe.” He smiled.
“No need. This is what a girlfriend does to their boyfriend right?” I smiled.
“This is what a husband needs.” Yonghwa smirked.
“Aigoo, look at you. Being sick and is already thinking of things. Pali! You still have fruits to eat! I’m sorry if the porridge isn’t nice, it’s my first time.” I smiled before walking out of the room.

The moment I walked out I rested against the wall. “Why is he talking about husband and wives so much now? Is he? Going? To? …. No he won’t. What am I thinking?” I mumbled then left downstairs.

 

Yonghwa’s POV

 

The porridge was amazing. Is she sure that this is her first time cooking this? After finishing the big bowl of porridge and drinking the medicine, I walked down with the tray in my hands.

In the kitchen, I could see her back facing me as she was slicing up something at the counter bench.

Slowly, I placed the tray on the table and tip toed towards her.

“Babe!” I encircled my arms around her waist.

She jumped and looked at me. “Yah yah yah! Why did you come here without saying anything? What are you a ghost?” She shrieked.

I laughed and rested my head on her shoulders as she continued to chop up some oranges. “I’m tired.” I sighed.
“Then go up there and rest. I’ll bring these up to you when I finish.”
“I don’t want too. I want to see you.”
“Then sit at the table.” She strictly ordered.

I retreated my hands from her waist and walked back to the dinner table. Resting my head on my hands, I stared at her back. I must be the luckiest guy on earth.

“Here you go!” Seohyun placed the plate of fruits in front of me. I snapped out of my trance and looked at her washing the porridge bowl. “Eat,” she spoke.
“I’ll eat once you’re done with that.”
“Just eat first oppa!” She turned around and frowned.

Not standing her cuteness, I picked up an apple and took a bite out of it.  

“Why didn’t you tell me you are working?” Seohyun asked. Her voice seemed betrayed and sad.
“I didn’t want to worry you. I don’t want anyone to worry for me. I’ll just cause them more trouble.” I explained.
“Why are you always saying you don’t want me to worry? Of course I have to worry! I am your girlfriend for god’s sake! Everyone was worried for you at school today. Why are you keeping things to yourself now?” Seohyun yelled. I was shocked. I never had seen her react this way before. Tears came out from her eyes. “Why did you change so much?” I heard her whisper.

I walked towards her and embraced her. I never meant to make her cry. “I’m sorry.” I whispered.

I cupped her cheeks and leaned in, crashing my lips onto hers. I could hear the bowl break into pieces once it hit the floor. *I’m sorry I can’t tell you. I’m sorry.*


A/N: What is he hiding from her ? o: