The past creeps up

Unconditioned Fate

“Eomma, do you need anything?”

 

Mrs. Lu flashes a sweet smile towards her son. He had been obedient since she fall ill this recent year. Knowing that getting his mother upset, Luhan have to give up this dream career and decided to inherit his family’s business company. Despite he wants to protest, he can't bring himself to hurt his mother even more.

 

It was a year before, they receive news that Mr. Lu involve in car accident, died on the spot. To his mother shock, she could not accept the truth, which cost her health become worst later after that. She cannot depend on herself anymore. Only then, she saw hope in her only son.

 

Luhan, however has change since that day. He no longer used to be a cold child, but he now appears his attitude towards mature. Not wanting his mother to suffer alone, he brings himself to dislike hospital more.

 

He even think, hospital is the place where most people will die eventually.

 

But the most question he irritates even more, no one knows what he want for his life. He himself has yet to find the answer.

 

 

 

 

He sighed and stood up from the chair besides her mother’s bed. He studied her sleep feature in his sad eyes. He decided to leave the room.

 

Silently closing the door, Luhan shook his head in order to shake off thinks from his mind. He took a deep breath and makes his way out from the hospital.

 

 

 

 

“Kim Joonmyun?!” Almost yelling, my eyes enlarged and stare intently towards him. I let out a huge sigh of relief and walk closer to him. “I can't believe it you!” Can't contain to my feeling, it’s been a while since the last time I saw him. To long even for me.

 

“Oh my god- how long is it been?! I’ve been missing you since… we broke up…” he flashed me a wide grinned and interlock both of our hands. I can fill warmth in it, yet regret creeps out from my heart.

 

That’s right. We broke up after Suho finds out the truth about me and Luhan. It appears that Ryeowook is actually witness the scene when both of us alone in the kitchen. As much as I hate to say it, my lovely oppa told him about the kiss. I tried to reason with him, but anger takes over him and I can't do much because I know, it’s partially also my fault.

 

I was hoping that he don't hate me for that. Yet, I still remember how mad and sad he was during that day.

 

 

 

“You kiss him back means that you love him too. Isn't that obvious?” almost crying, Suho holds his tears.

 

“No… I didn’t… it was just-

 

“Even the time of graduation day… I invited you before… but you said you won’t attend it.” He paused, “Who knows the fate tells me that the one that I’ve love all this time… you betrayed me…” his voice change by the end of his sentence, as if almost inaudible.

 

Listening to his harsh words, my tears pour down to my cheeks.

 

I tried to deny things as much as I want, but I don't have strength to answer him back. I know I hurt him.

 

“Everyone is watching, Yoomi. I can't hold myself to act stupid in front of you anymore. I tried to protect our relationships… but now I know…”

 

As much as I want to shut my ears, he spoke to me the words that pierce through my heart.

 

“…I was the only one who is serious in this relationship... I am hasty, aren’t I?”

 

“No…” almost whispering, I come close to him, clutching my hand on his shirt. In instant, he swipes my hands away.

 

“No… Don't touch me…”

 

Leaving me sobbing alone, he continued, “I’m… letting you go now… thank you for all this time.”

 

Finally after holding back, he leaves me and never looks back.

 

From that moment, he never appears again.

 

Unable to gather strength to my feet, I fall down on the ground, sobbing out loud while cried for his name.

 

 

 

“Yoomi-ah? Are you okay? You’ve been spacing a lot since we’ve arrived here.” Suho waves his hand in front of my face. I was startle by his action.

 

“Huh? Oh- Ah… yeah.”

 

Suho invites me to have a drink with him and I decided to go with him. It’s been really a while since we’ve met up. Whoever thought the fate bring us back together.

 

I cast my eyes down to the drink on top of the table. I corrected my seat as Suho began to speak up his mind.

 

“So, what you doing at the hospital?”

 

I give him a small smile, “I work there.” Short simple answer is enough to make his eyes enlarged.

 

“Really? As what?”

 

I took sip of my coffee and put it back on its place, “A doctor, of course.”

 

“Whoa, you live up you dream now, eh. I’m impressed.” He squinted his eye and gives me a wide smile.

 

He never failed to make myself amuse because of his sweet smile. Wh-What I’m talking about?

 

In response to his compliment, I feel my cheeks burning hot. Hiding in embarrassment, I asked him, “How about you?”

 

“I’ve been helping my family business nowadays. I’m so busy that I forgot to take care of my health. That’s why I’m going to the hospital back and forth. Never thought that I bump into you. Hehe.” He let out a refreshing laugh.

 

It seems that Suho have been working hard these days. I can tell how strong his hand when he saves me from falling earlier.

 

I guess… he mustn’t like before. Well… I’m not supposed to be thinking about this.

 

I give him a small smile. I still can't shake the awkwardness between us. I feel like there is a huge wall that we didn’t look in the eye while talking.

 

Realizing how I acted around him, he decided to excuse himself, “Well, I have to go now. I guess I’ll be seeing you around then.”

 

I nodded in response. “Thank you.”

 

He smiles and turns his back to me. I watch his back getting further away from me. It’s just feels like the moment he leaves before.

 

“Oh yeah-

 

As if he remembers something, he turn around, facing me, “Let’s meet again sometime.”

 

I was standing there, leaving me somewhat dumbfounded.

 

Huh, I wasn’t expecting that.

 

“S-Sure.” Fidgeting, I spoke the word before I knew it.

 

He chuckles at my reaction and giving me his usual warm smile. He turns around again and leaves.

 

On a second thought, maybe he doesn’t change at all.

 

Looking back in the past, I realize something. That he’s too perfect for someone like me. I couldn’t believe that I hurt him. How cruel I am.

 

Shaking off thoughts from my mind, I decided to return back home.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Heol… I’m in dilemma right now. Sometime writing like this takes up a lot of ideas. But it’s worth to read right? I need to focus!

 

Drop comment down below and I will see you in the next chapter ^^