Road to our own future

Unconditioned Fate

A/N: Hey I’m back again! Well… I think it’s been 2 years that I left out this fanfic. A lot of changes and I barely even recognize the new theme of this website. But let’s put that aside. I believe I’ve already mention this on the last chapter that I will be changing the way I write.

 

So, I really want to know which one is much better in writing, the previous chapters or this new chapter. Please let me know your opinion by commenting below. Oh yeah! I recommend you to play very sad song while reading this. Enjoy reading!

 

5 years later…

 

Every person have different route to take. And so do I. I’ve worked very hard and tried to fulfill my duty as well as my promise to my sister, that I would do anything to save her from her illness. For the last three years since I’ve graduated, I get through my internships and now finally able to reach my dream and become a specialist in one of the finest hospital in Korea.

Despite my rough road towards reaching my dream, I manage to pull myself together in order to keep encouraging my sister, Yoona to take up the surgery. She had been admitted to the hospital since last month. I wasn’t able to focus completely my work but I have to, for her sake.

 

She has been suffering in weak heart for years now. I know the chances for me to save her are small, but I have to keep trying no matter what happen. She always tells me that I shouldn’t waste my time for her.

 

How could she say something like that? How could she given up after all these years, fighting alone her sickness.

 

Lost in thought, I let my emotion take over me. I’ve been thinking this stuff ever since her condition is started getting worst. I decided to left my work on the desk any pay her visit.

 

The wind blows softly into my face, I crouch down on the ground, passing the bouquets of flowers on my hand. I touch the stone in front of me. It crafts my sister name, Yoona. Yes. She had been passed away. I couldn’t manage to save her.

 

As tears slowly dripping from my wet eyes, a flash of scene running through my mind.

 

“Yoomi, I told you… not to cry, right?” Yoona, who was laying on the hospital bed, brushing the tears away from my cheeks.

 

I don't know what to say to her.

 

“It's okay. I know you’ve been trying so hard this past 3 years. But the sickness will claim me soon.” she paused and my hair softly. I sit there, letting out more tears coming out. My heart clench so much that I could feel pain through my body.

 

“It’s not that I’m giving up on you. But you shouldn’t feel this way… and… I want to tell you… something important, that I think you should know… by now.”

 

My eyes lit up as she spoke. I feel my tears suddenly stop for a moment. She took her deep breath. However suddenly she let out cough and cupping . I was so shocked that I cried for help.

 

In moment, Yoona grips my hands as I was tried to leave the room. I paused and look at her, crying.

 

“Please listen to me...”

 

Only that short sentence, I was captivated and closing my distant to her. In gasping for air, she continued.

 

“20 years ago… there was a child… who was left in front of our home doorsteps. Both mom and I… confuse where the baby was came from… however we decided to take her in…”

 

Unable to understand, I shook my head. “Don't say any words. Please… save your breathe…” I beg her.

 

She seems restless about her condition, yet she continues her talk, “You see… that child… is you…”

 

 

 

To my shock, every part of my body shot by an electric jolt and my mind. My mouth hung up and my eye stares directly at her. Knowing the glint from my eyes demands further explanation, she resume. “We adopt you since then… however, both of us afraid of losing you… so we don't tell you the truth…”

 

She sharply inhales for more air and I uncontrollably shaking while grasping her cold hand.

 

“So Yoomi. To my last request… I beg you…”

 

“Enough sis, you must save your strength!” the more I tried to prevent her to continue, the more I feel afraid she will leave me soon. I realize that my cheek is completely damp now my tears drenching down.

 

“Thank you for all this time… I enjoyed the time you share your love to us…”

 

Yoona continue to cup her hand on as she coughing. Without realizing, she gazes into the blood, which traces the lines of her fingers.

 

“My time is short, dear… I hope… you find… someone… that will cherish your life…” she runs her finger from which I hold to my cheek. She wipes my tears away as I look into her.

 

“I… Love… you…” she gasped painfully and her arm falls down from my cheeks.

 

 

 

Before I know… that was her last word to me.

 

Wiping tears from my eyes, I touch the grave stone and trace her name.

 

I will grant your wish, sister. Please watch over me.

 

Lifting my legs from the ground, I walked away with new resolve that I have finally found after been searching this whole time. I will live as happy as possible, for my sister sake and also my mother, even they are my adoptive family. I know their love for me is real.

 

 

 

I return back to my office and sitting in front of my computer. I check through it, looking that I’ve mostly finish today’s report. I look at my wrist watch.

It’s already this late? Maybe I should grab something to eat and go home.

 

Packing through things on my desks, there is a soft knock on the door. I lift my head up and spoke, “Come in.”

 

The lady who appears to be a nurse peering her head over the door, “I’m sorry, Dr.Yoomi. Am I interrupting you?”

 

I shook my head, “No. What is it?”

 

“I need you to look into this file…” She hands me a file. I took it and scan through the documents. It’s the details about my sister. I saw her smile inside my mind.

 

I scrabbles the details on the paper and give it to her. She receives it and gives me a bow before leaving the office. I give it a smile in response.

 

I miss her already…

 

 

 

After done changing my usual outfit, I walk through the main lobby of the hospital. To my surprise, someone bump into my left shoulder and both of us spawn around.

 

As I lost to my balance, I expect an impact onto the ground and close my eyes tightly, However, I felt like I was floating in the air, yet a strong arm wraps around me. Slowly opening my eyelids, both my eyes and the owner of the arm, stares into each other. I started to feel a faint warm blood rushing through my cheeks. Before I know it, I’m completely blushing. I look into him, he too, have a slight tint red on his cheeks.

 

Knowing we are in awkward position, I instantly bring myself away from him. I brushed my attire and he do the same thing while let out a fake cough.

 

“I-I am very sorry. I wasn’t looking where I was walking-” The man in front of me spoke in gentle voice. I was frantically felt my heart skipped a beat. Avoiding myself to become more flustered, I shook my head and smile in response.

 

-That’s okay. I don't mind.” Looking at him, his face suddenly draws a sullen look.

 

“It seems that… we’ve met before.” Knitting his eye brows together, he thinking hard, trying to remember.

 

I sighed, “I’m sorry, I’m sure you take the wrong person.” Giving him a cold shoulder, I bowed to him slightly and turned around.

 

“Yoomi… right?”

 

 

 

He spoke my name…

 

Confused, I turned around back, and watch the guy in front of me now giving me a warm look. I give him confused look, not knowing how to react. But then he speaks further, “It's me… Suho!”

 

Su… Ho?

 

 

 

“Kim Joonmyun?!” Almost yelling, my eyes enlarged and stare intently towards him. I let out a huge sigh of relief and walk closer to him. “I can't believe it you!” Can't contain to my feeling, it’s been a while since the last time I saw him. To long even for me.

 

“Oh my god- how long is it been?! I’ve been missing you since we broke up…” he flashed me a wide grinned and interlock both of our hands. I can fill warmth in it, yet regret creeps out from my heart.

 

 


A/N: Hehe… are you curious what happened in the past? Well, look forward for the next chapter! Don't forget to leave me a comment down below ^^