Her Insecurity

When You Were Sleeping

 

“Tiffany! I saw you kissed him!”

 

Tiffany, Krystal, and Victoria were chatting with the other students when we saw Amber rushed inside the classroom. They all know that Tiffany and Heechul are an item, but well… Amber, she needs to be lectured about keeping it as a secret from the other girls.

 

“Come here,”

 

Tiffany got up from her seat and told Amber to sit beside her. Amber gulped. She thought that no one was there except her. “I, I need to go.” She said as she tried to escape. She tried to run away, but she bumped into someone. It was Siwon. “Ah, Amber-ssi.”

“S, sunbaenim…” Amber gulped.

“You’re close to Yoojin, right?” Tiffany asked her. “It’s strange, yesterday she promised us to take us to everland. Now, she’s nowhere to find.”

Amber shrugged. “I don’t know, but Kris told me that they met yesterday.” Amber explained. “You want me to call her?”

“We’ve called her,” Victoria said. She suddenly hit her head by her hand. “Pabo! I can ask Changmin!” she yelled to herself and made people around her thought that she was strange.

“Chagi!” Victoria greeted her boyfriend. “Where is Yoojin? MWO? Hospital?? Wae?? SHE HAD FIGHT WITH YOUR PRINCIPAL??”

 

Everyone in the classroom dropped their jaw. They’ve met Kirin Principal, but they never expect that she would send one of Neul Paran student to hospital. Siwon took out his mobile phone, while Tiffany and Krystal packed their bags. “We have reason to skip today’s class.” Krystal said.

 

Room Number 143

 

“I will never forgive her! Never! Never! Never!!!”

Yoojin hid herself under her blanket. Yunho begged her to forgive Boa who was drunk when they fight, but she didn’t give her chance. “She’s a good person.”

“But she makes me have to choose between this scar and plastic surgery.” Yoojin said in a sorrow tone. She threw her blanket to the floor and showed Yunho her scar. “I’m not Harry Potter. Just like the other girls, I hate to have scar on my face. I don’t feel proud to go under the knife. Both this scar and plastic surgery will be my biggest shame. I’ll feel insecure with this scar, and if you’ll really marry that person, then just send me back to Tokyo, because I’ll feel really insecure even with you around me.”

Yunho couldn’t ask her to forgive Boa anymore. He really understood her reason, and he didn’t want to make her feel insecure around him. He thought that Boa might be his only one chance to move on, but Yoojin really important to him. Too precious…

Yoojin got up from her bed and took a scissor from the shelf. Yunho failed to stop her from cutting her hair. Yunho witnessed Yoojin’s sudden action. He knew that she takes care of her hair very well and will never cut it with her own hand, but she cut her to hide her scar on her forehead.

Yoojin walked towards the door, but stopped her steps right beside Yunho. “I’ll choose this scar,” she said in a cold way and left the room.

 

Yoojin walked towards the elevator. She was sad, upset, and angry. She wanted to cry really loud, but she couldn’t. This is one of her biggest fear and she felt like she was dying to realize that she’ll live with a scar on her forehead.

She saw her friends from a distance. They were in a rush, but they seemed not recognize her. However there’s a man who was standing in front of her. He patted her head before he pulled her into his arms. “Everything will be allright...” he said in a soothing voice.

“Sunbaenim…”

Yoojin broke their hug and bowed at him before she left him and entered the elevator. There was a man in the elevator. He grabbed her hand and wiped her tears with his other hand. “I don’t know where to run, but thanks for always be with me.”

 

“Yoojin-ah!!”

Victoria, Krystal, Amber, and Tiffany rushed inside Yoojin’s room, but they only found Yunho inside the room.”Ah, wrong room, Jwiseonghamnida^^” They bowed at Yunho and prepared to leave.

“This is Yoojin’s room.” Yunho greeted them with smile. “Are you Yoojin’s friends?”

They nodded. “But where is Yoojin, Doctor?”

“She need time before she meet you girls. This is hard for her.”Yunho explained. “But let her tell you what happened.”

“Do you know where she is?” Tiffany asked him.

“She has just left this room few minutes ago.” He said as he looked down.

“Omo, she can’t be that sadako!”

 

Yoojin sat on a bench in the hospital park. She took a deep breath for few times before she started to talk. “What if people avoid me because of this? Will you be there to stop me from committing suicide?”

“Sikkeuro!”

Changmin yelled at her. “Having scar is not a big deal, I can ask Victoria to help you cover it with makeup.”

Yoojin chuckled. “This is a shame, Changmin-ah.” She said in a bitter tone. “Yes, the scar could be covered with makeup, but… I still can see it whenever I saw my reflection on the mirror.”

“Then I’ll help you break the mirror.” Changmin said simply. “I don’t know why you girls feel so sad and feel like about to die just because a scar, but still no matter how hard it is to live with it, you have to move on. You have to fight your fear, your insecurity, and maybe the rejections you get. If people don’t want to be with you, remember that you still have me.” Changmin smiled at Yoojin while held her hand really tight. “You have me and hyeong, and you’ll be allright.”

“There’s something that you have to know about my scar.” Yoojin said. Changmin looked at her confusedly. “I saw my mom got a scar on his forehead. I witnessed it, and it was terrifying moment. She said she was okay, but she cried all night long.”

“Yunho hyeong know about this?” Changmin asked. Yoojin nodded. “Geez, in case there’s something happened to you and related to your past, let me know about it. I don’t want to be the only one who doesn’t know about it.”

“Araseo^^”

“Now, let’s go.” Changmin said as he got up from his seat. He offered Yoojin his hand. “You need a proper haircut.”

Yoojin smiled and took his hand. “Do you know that my mom did the same when she got her scar?”

“She cut her hair too?” Changmin guessed. Yoojin nodded. “Can’t you do things that different to your mom? Be original!”

“I’m an original copy of my mom.” Yoojin said as she stuck out her tongue at Changmin. “I want to get French manicure, did you see her nails? She starched my face like a tiger!”

“Stop it!” Changmin said. “It’s funny since Donghae saw your nose’s blood befor he noticed that your forehead was in a bigger trouble.”

 

“Let’s just end this, Boa-yah…”

Yunho said without look at her. She knew it was her own mistake, but she really wanted to be with him. “Couldn’t you ask her to forgive me?”

Yunho sighed. “I’ve tried, I’m sorry…”

“Is she… daughter of that woman?” Boa asked him. Yunho nodded. She showed her frustration. “You’ll never able to move on from that woman if you keep her daughter with you! Why she always have way to make you hers?! Why you never give me chance even once just to be with you? Why you choose that kid over me?!” she exclaimed angrily.

“It’s not because of Yoojin is Jihyeon noona’s daughter, it’s because…” Yunho paused and looked at Boa through the eyes. “You cannot take her as my sister.”

Boa felt like she’s going to burst in tears. Yunho pretended to be a bad guy in front of her. He didn’t like it when she said bad things about Yoojin and Jihyeon. He thought Boa will be a great noona for Yoojin. He understood that Yoojin need someone to guide her during her transition from teenager to a young adult. That is why he tried to accept Boa even though he knew that Yoojin and Changmin would never accept her. Now he realized that Boa hasn’t change.

“I’m so sorry…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------