Father and Son

When You Were Sleeping

 

Siwon’s POV

 

“Siwon-ah, I will drive you to school.”

Ahbeoji said as he entered his car. I followed him to enter the car. Umma, Ahbeoji, and I lived together under the same roof for almost every day, but since my brother lost we became awkward with each other. I prefer to hang out with my friends or sleep over at Heechul, Kyuhyun or Hankyung’s place. I thought there’s no reason to stay at home. Ahbeoji always came home late, and I can do nothing for umma. Doctor said that her only one cure is my brother. If he backs, she’ll back to her old self.

 

“Ahbeoji, could you drop me in Kirin? I have meeting with Kirin’s School President.” I said as I buckled up my seat belt, and tried to not look awkward.

“Then we have the same destination. Do you have project with that school?” He asked. He looked so old and tired.

I nodded awkwardly. “We’ll have a yearly spring festival in the end of the month. We’ll also have a joint party to celebrate the lunar New Year.” I explained as I played with a tiny doll on the dashboard, a doll that I used to play when I was younger. I still remember the time we brought this. In Shibuya, almost nine years ago.  

 “I see,” he said as he made a turn. “So, I heard your school accept girl students again this year.”

“Yes,” I said.

“Would you date one?”

 

I choked when I heard his question. One of most awkward conversation I‘ve ever had with him happened. Ahbeoji stared at me and laughed as I was look funny to him.

We never talk about such topic even since I was in kindergarten. However, to see his smile like that was my first time since we lost my brother.  

“Why you look so tense whenever we talk about certain things that father and son usually talked about?” Ahbeoji asked me. I gulped and look away. “Err.. mollayo…”

“You like one of those girls ==” he said and I shook my head immediately. “Aniyo!”

I saw ahbeoji rolled his eyes. Ok, I made it obvious ==

“We’re here,” he said as he stopped the car. “I’ll ask Donghae who the girl is.” He said as he stepped out of his car. “You said you are having meeting today, what are you doing inside?”

 

Changmin’s POV

 

“Excuse me,”

It was a very beautiful morning in Kirin High School of Art. Sooyoung and I were eating our morning snack when a samcheon smiled at me. He was tall and looked like an actor. Sooyoung elbowed my waist to respond him. “Y, ye?”

“Do you know where principal Kwon is?” he asked.

Sooyoung and I stared at each other. “Could he be… Boa Principal’s boyfriend?” she whispered. I shrugged and got up from my seat. I gave Sooyoung our morning snack and she looked so happy. Yeah, foods always make us happy.  “I’ll show you her office.” I said as I accompany that samcheon to Principal Kwon’s office.

Along the way this samchon and I talked about some topics. However he asked me one of hardest question I’ve ever heard. “Son, do you get awkward when you talked with your father?” that samcheon suddenly asked me.

“No, sir.” I answered. “I don’t have father.” I smiled at him to make him not feel sorry when he heard my answer.

“Ah, I’m sorry…”

“Nevermind^^” I said. “You must be having that kind of problem with your son.” I guessed to escape from previous topic.

That samcheon nodded. He took a deep breath as if it was a really big problem to him. “We’re so awkward; he even choked when we talked about girls.” He sighed.

I dunno why but I felt so empty when I heard his story. Yunho hyeong and I often talk about girls we like on TV, but we talk as friends. Even though for all this time he tried his best to be a father for me and Yoojin, we’re more like friends. I suddenly tried to remember my father’s face; I kept trying, and trying until I feel so hungry. Dammit! I’ve just had my breakfast 45 minutes ago. I’ll steal Sooyoung’s bento!

“We’re here, thank you son!” he said as he tapped my shoulder. “By the way, what’s your name?”

“Changmin, Jeong Changmin.” I said as I bowed at him and leave. All I need now is Sooyoung’s Bento!!

 

On my way to class, I realized that there were too much strangers here. A lot of students from different school came to my school today. The school gate was closed, but teachers were not come to the class. So useless ==

 

“Changmin-ah!”

 

I turned around and found Donghae hyung and a guy who looked so familiar. Ah~ that’s they guy I met in Myeongdong!

“Hi, hyeong.” I waved my hand at him and bowed a bit at the familiar guy. “What the hell are you doing here?” I asked him.

“I get lost^^” he said cheerfully. I think he will show you the same expression when he lost his way to heaven ==

“Why I found too much Neul Paran students here?” I asked him.

“Kirin and Neul Paran will hold Spring Festival again this year. We’re here to meet your school president for a meeting.” That familiar guy said. He looked like someone.  

“Oh… “I said. “If you’re looking for Taeyeon noona, she’s in principal’s room.” I said as I pointed at principle’s room’s door in the end of the hallway. But then that samcheon, Taeyeon noona, and principal Kwon walked out of principal’s office. I wonder why they looked so close.

“Siwon, you heard that?” that samcheon suddenly talked to Donghae’s friend. “Your aunt finally have boyfriend!”

Aunt? That guy is Principal Kwon’s nephew?

“YAH! Oppa! Don’t talk about that matter in front of my student.” Principal Boa hit that samcheon. Don’t tell me that they’re family.

“You must be uri Siwonnie friend!” that samcheon approached Donghae hyung and shook hand with him. Donghae hyung looked awkward when that samcheon greeted him. “So, Donghae, do you know the girl that my son likes?”

Donghae hyung stared at that samcheon’s son. I looked clueless and didn’t know anything. “I’m sorry sir, but that girl couldn’t be my Yoojin.” Donghae hyeong said. He claimed my sister again ==

“Hyung,” I tapped his shoulder and gave him my glare. “You know that Yoojin is mine, why you keep saying she’s yours ==?” I said as I left them. My stomach is calling for Sooyoung’s bento~ “See you in the festival hyung!”

 

-------------------------------------------

well for this chapter still and introduction about this story.hahaha~ mianhae bowbow