His Daughter

When You Were Sleeping

 

 

 Kangta sat in the porch. It was already late, but he really needed a moment to think. He noticed that his wife were on the doorway, looked at him with smile formed on her lips. “Do you need friend to talk?” she asked him.

He smiled and gave her a space to sit beside him. Yeonhee sat beside him and held his cold hands. “I am sorry,” she said. Kangta raised his eyebrows. He looked confuse when she suddenly apologized at him. “Don’t be like that.” She said as she hit his chest lightly.

“For what?” he asked as he smiled at her.

“My depression.” She said. “We lost our son, but I didn’t think of you and Siwon.” Yeonhee bit her lower lip and looked down. Kangta shook his head and patted her head slowly. “It doesn’t matter.” He smiled at his wife. “I’m grateful to have you back, Yeonhee-yah.” He said as he pulled her head and kissed her on forehead.

Yeonhee smiled. “Doctor Jeong told me that he’s only his Changmin-ssi and Yoojin-ssi’s guardian. Changmin-ssi opened my eyes when he said that he was jealous of Siwon. Siwon has us, but he only has Yoojin-ssi and doctor Jeong. I realized that I missed a lot of things, and now I don’t want to miss chance to watch Siwon growing up to be man, and watch you growing old.”

Kangta narrowed his eyes at her, but Yeonhee laughed at him “Thanks for not leaving me.”

Kangta shook his head. “I am the one who have to apologize; you’re a wonderful person I’ve ever met.”

Yeonhee looked happy with compliments from her husband. “Yeobo,” she called his husband. “Hmm?” Kangta replied. “Have you found your daughter?” she suddenly asked him. “Today is her birthday, right?”

Kangta looked at Yeonhee. She seemed okay when they talked about that topic. In the other hand Yeonhee felt something strange with her husband’s face expression. “Something happened?”

“A, are you okay with that topic?” he asked her. Yeonhee nodded without hesitation. “She’s your daughter, then she’s my daughter too.”

Kangta looked at her confusedly. “I had affair with her mother; I cheated on you, Yeonhee.”

“What’s wrong with that?” she asked him simply. “It was your fault with her mother, not your daughter’s fault.” She continued. Yeonhee faced her husband and looked at him through the eyes. “Even since I found that you were cheating on me and you have daughter with her, I can understand. You didn’t love me, and I cannot force you to stay or love me back. However my mother made it hard on you. I am sorry…”

Kangta got up from his seat and kneeled in front of her. He took her hand and kissed it softly. “I will do everything for you, Yeonhee-yah.” He said.

Yeonhee smiled. “Then tell me who she is.”

 

“Siwon-ah! Ppali ireona!!”

Siwon opened his eyes slowly and saw his mother was smiling at him with pillow in her hands. “Ireonayo^^” she smiled at him and hit him with the pillow. “Eomoni!!!”

“Ani,” his mother shook her head. “Umma,”

Siwon stunned. “Mwo? Why I have to call you umma?”

“Because I’m your mom!” she said as she hit Siwon again. “Ireonayo^^”

After a very shocking morning, Siwon prepared himself for school. He was surprised to see his mother. He wondered why she acted really strange. He went downstairs and saw his mother already prepared him breakfast. His grandmother already sat in the dining room and she was reading a magazine. He sat on his seat and he saw his father was in a rush. He greeted them and placed a peck on his mother’s lips before he sat on his seat.

His grandmother chuckled at his parents and continued reading her magazine. “Good enough to fool your son.”

“Eomoni…”

He saw his mother blushed. Siwon suddenly worried about her mother. She had just recovered from her depression, and if she knew that his father gave a high school student a very expensive present, he was afraid that she would think about it too much.

“Siwon-ah, what are you waiting for?” his mother asked him. “You don’t like the foods?”

Siwon shook his head in instant. “I just don’t know where to start.” He said. “I’ll start with this pancake.”

 

Yeonhee stopped her car in front of Siwon’s school. She already packed some foods that she made earlier. She was waiting for her husband’s daughter, Jeong Yoojin.

 

“Yoojin-ah! I’ll go this way, annyeong^^”

 

Yeonhee diverted her gaze towards the voice. She saw Yoojin was about to walk towards the bus stop. She walked outside her car and called Yoojin. “Yoojin-ssi!”

Yoojin diverted her gaze at her. She smiled and approached Yeonhee. “Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Ahn^^”

“Are you going home?” she asked Yoojin. Yoojin nodded, but then she saw Changmin approached them. “Oh, Mrs. Ahn^^” Changmin bowed at Yeonhee.

“Ah, Changmin-ssi^^” she greeted him. “I’m here to pick up Siwon, but he said he has meeting this evening. By the way, do you guys want me to drive you home?” Yeonhee asked them.

Changmin and Yoojin looked at each other first. “Is it okay?” Yoojin asked her.

Yeonhee nodded without hesitation. “Of course^^”

“Ok then.”

 

Yoojin sat in the front seat while Changmin sat in the backseat with a box of foods in his hands. “Mrs. Ahn, these foods are daebak!” Changmin said with mouth full of food.

“I saw you talked to a girl, was that your girlfriend?” Yeonhee asked Changmin. Changmin nodded steadily. “Her name is Victoria, and she’s really good in cooking.” Changmin explained.

“So, do you like her food best than mine?” Yeonhee asked him.

“These foods are the best, but I like her most.” He simply replied.

Yeonhee and Yoojin laughed at Changmin. “I wonder who is Siwon’s girlfriend…” Yeonhee said. Yoojin coughed when she heard Yeonhee’s words. She stole Changmin’s mineral water and drank it. “Gwaenchanha?” Changmin and Yeonhee asked them altogether. Yoojin nodded. “Ah, I’m fine.” She said with smile on her face.

“Hoksi… you know about uri Siwonnie’s girlfriend?” Yeonhee asked her, but Yoojin shook her head immediately. “I, I don’t know.” She said.

“He likes uri Yoojinnie, Mrs. Ahn.”

Yeonhee suddenly stopped her car. The other cars honk at hers, but she needed a few seconds before she drove her car again. “Jinjja?”

“Aniyo! Not me!” Yoojin insisted. “Changmin, stop talking nonsense!” Yoojin glared at Changmin.

Changmin raised his hands up. Yeonhee let out a sigh of relief. She didn’t know what to do if Siwon and Yoojin was a couple. “But you have boyfriend, right?” she asked her.

“Kris,” Changmin interrupted. “2nd year student in Neul Paran.”

“Jinjja?” she asked Yoojin.

“Well, we’re not in relationship.” Yoojin clarified. “But sometimes he asks me out for a date.”

Yeonhee noticed something from Yoojin’s facial expression when they talked about Kris. “You like him.” She said. “Does he know about it?”

Yoojin raised her eyebrows. She looked awkward, and shook her head immediately. “Aniyo!!”

“The more you not admit it, the more we believe that you really like him.” Changmin interrupted.

“Yah!!”

Yeonhee couldn’t stop smiling whenever she heard Yoojin and Changmin debating about certain things. She imagined her life if she could live with Yoojin, however Kangta told her that Yoojin didn’t want to meet his father. She knew that her mother will never take Yoojin as her granddaughter, and it would be hard for Siwon to face the truth that his father used to have affair with someone.

“We’re here~”

Yeonhee stopped her car right in front of doctor Jeong’s house. “It looks like doctor Jeong isn’t home.”

“Well, he said he has a lot of patients today, he’ll come home late.” Changmin explained. “Mrs. Ahn, do you want to come in?” he asked her.

“Yes, we have a lot of ice creams^^” Yoojin said.

Yeonhee remembered that she has to go home and prepared dinner for her family. However she was really curious with the kids’ life. “Is it okay?” she asked them. Changmin and Yoojin nodded steadily. They walked out of Yeonhee’s car and walked into dr. Jeong’s house. The moment she walked inside the house, she was greeted with a lot of pictures of dr. Jeong, Yoojin, and Changmin. Her attention was stolen by a picture of Yoojin and dr. Jeong. She remembered Yoojin’s face when she was younger. She met Yoojin once when Yeonhee and Kangta took their sons to Everland. She remembered Yoojin’s mother. Jihyeon was very young, and Yeonhee pitied her because she had to work hard for her daughter.

“It was on my 7th birthday.” Yoojin said. “Oppa was really young back then.”

Yeonhee nodded. “If I were at your age and live with a handsome doctor like him, I’ll forget that he is my brother.” Yeonhee laughed. Yoojin showed Yeonhee her room. She amazed with the room that was decorated by dr. Jeong. The room was dominated with pink pastel color and beautiful white laces as the curtains. “Are you sure he decorated this room for you?”

Yoojin nodded. “He said that the concept is Princess blablabla. I don’t really care about it actually.” Yoojin explained.

Yeonhee smiled at her explanation. “He takes care of you really well,”

Yoojin nodded steadily. “Wait until you see Changmin’s room!”

 

“No! Not my room!”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

well this is the last update of this week I swear^^ 
hope you like it^^ 

g'nite^^