Him

When You Were Sleeping

 

This is Monday and it’s national holiday, but Yoojin and I have to stay in this godforsaken hospital because of Yunho hyeong. Yoojin kept asking me how I meet Victoria and how we become boyfriend and girlfriend. I have to say that it was because of Yunho hyeong. Victoria and I met in a secondary school student conference in Nagoya two years ago. He force me to join the conference thou I’ve told him thousands of times that I was lazy. I met her, but because of language barrier, we couldn’t talk freely. Her English was poor and I was too smart back then, but she promised me that she’ll learn English. Things become hard when she told me to learn Chinese. She thought I was Japanese, and I thought she didn’t know any Korean. After a year, I found out that she knows Korean and she’s damn great at it. It’s hard to hide our relationship when Vic accepted to Neul Paran , she became Yoojin’s friend, and her senior interested in her. Thou our school just few meters apart, it’s really hard for me… I mean for us.

 

“Still, you betrayed me…” Yoojin mumbled. She didn’t talk much since hyeong pushed us inside his car after our breakfast. She told me why they fought, but I still cannot take those things as good reasons to have such huge fight. They became more sensitive when it comes about Yoojin’s mother. There’s no such fight since we live together. However hyeong always come home with alcohol smell in him whenever he’s upset, feel down, sad, or when his parents told him to get married soon. Yoojin shouldn’t feel bad about that, I think.

 

“You’re so spiritless, what happened?” I asked her.

“I feel bad about him…” she said as she let out a sigh. I tapped her shoulder and messed her hair up, “Gwaenchanha, hyeong will understand^^”

She shook her head weakly. “Not oppa, it’s Kris… we have date today…”

I narrowed my eyes on her and pulled her hair to make her screamed. “YAH!!!” She screamed and sent me her glare. “You betray me too, idiot :p” I said as I stuck out my tongue at her. I forgot to ask her about that Kris guy! She told me thousand times that I betrayed her, but I forgot that she ALSO BETRAY ME!

“His father passed away yesterday, we met coincidently when I visit umma. Oppa thought I didn’t respect umma because I hugged Kris in front of her. I feel bad for Kris, but I saw oppa threw up last night and he was really in pain. I feel bad for both of them.”

I laid my back towards the wall. “He’s a doctor, but he’s a dumb.”

 

“Who is the dumb?”

 

Hyeong came into his room with three cups of coffee. Two cups of Americano and a cup of latte. Yoojin approached him and took two cups of Americano, and gave me one. “Yah! Jeong Yoojin! That’s mine!”He yelled at Yoojin. Yoojin ignored him and drank it in one shot. She’ll get stomachache for that!

“Changmin! Don’t drink that!”

I ignored his order and drank my coffee in one shot. Geez~ I hate this ==

“Why you guys act so strange today. You didn’t tell Changmin about last night, right?” hyeong asked Yoojin. She pretended to not hear and looked away. “Now you guys help me with my patient, she’ll be here in a few minutes.”

 

“MWO?!”

 

Yoojin and I screamed after we heard that we’ll get a course from hyeong, again. “Hyeong! Jebal! I have date with Victoria today!” I whined. Hyeong rolled his eyes and threw us two lab jackets. Geez == he always want me and Yoojin to be a doctor.

“Dr. Jeong, Mrs. Ahn is…” a nurse walked inside hyeong’s office and she shocked when she saw us. “Here…” she continued.

“Tell her to come in.” hyeong said as he put on his stethoscope. Well, he doesn’t look that cheap when he put on his ‘sword.’

Yoojin and I stood in front of the door to greet the patient. Well, hyeong said that Jungsoo hyeong told him to take care of his patient because he had date with someone. That old hyeong ==

A woman and two men walked inside the room. Then we greeted them, “Annyeonghasipnikka^^”

After we greeted them, I saw Yoojin a bit jumped when she saw… ok… that’s Siwon-ssi and his father.

“What a coincidence!” that ahjussi greeted me and tapped my shoulder. “Ah, Yoojin-ssi^^” he said as he smiled at Yoojin. I saw Siwon-ssi’s mother who looked very happy with the crowd situation. She’s so pretty. However, I saw Siwon-ssi’s eyes were set on Yoojin. Aigo~ this Yoojin brat ==

“Yeobo, you know them?” Siwon-ssi’s mother looked so happy to meet Yoojin and I. That Ahjussi nodded, “She’s Yoojin, uri Siwonnie’s hoobae, and he is Changmin, he is student in Boa’s school… wait…”

That ahjussi suddenly showed a very strange expression. “Are you Yoojin’s sibling?” he suddenly asked me. Eh? Why he asked me so sudden??

“They are my dongsaeng.” Yunho hyeong finally talk. “I’ll be your Doctor for today, Mrs. Ahn. My name is Jeong Yunho.”

“Lee Yeonhee imnida^^” Mrs. Ahn greeted hyeong. “Your dongsaengs look so handsome and pretty^^”

“Gamnsahamnida^^” Yoojin and I bowed at her. She didn’t stop smiling at us; she looked so pure and innocent whenever she looked at us. “Ah, I always want a daughter.” She said. “Siwon-ah, why you never tell umma that you have a very pretty hoobae?”

“I’m a school president umma, I’m too busy.” He said. “You’re here for a checkup, remember?”

Mrs. Ahn nodded with a pout formed on her lips. I suddenly miss Victoria. “Ok,”

“Changmin, you stay here. Yoojin-ah, can you wait outside with Mr. Ahn and his son?” hyeong asked her to accompany Siwon-ssi and his father. Well, the reason why hyeong choose me over Yoojin is… he knew that Mrs. Ahn likes me. “I’ll be your nurse for today, Mrs. Ahn^^” I said as I bowed at her. She smiled and patted my head. It’s strange… I suddenly miss my mother. Oh wait, I forget her face.

“Take care of me, ok^^”

 

Yoojin’s POV

 

It’s strange… why Mrs. Ahn chose Changmin over me? Is it because of my lazy face? Hah… blame Kris and Yunho oppa for this. I spend a whole night thinking of them. They really drive me crazy!

 

“Gwaenchanha?”

 

Mr. Ahn and Siwon sunbae asked me. They suddenly looked awkward with each other. This is strange…

“I’m fine.” I said. Then we trapped in silence. What happened to them? They shouldn’t be this awkward. “Um… sunbae, I heard you fainted. Gwaenchanha?”

Our eyes met and it was one of most awkward moment actually, but I pretended to be ok. He suddenly formed smile and nodded. “Gwaenchanha.”he said. “And don’t be sorry for rejecting me, ok^^”

“What? She rejected you?” Mr. Ahn suddenly joined our conversation. Sunbae and I looked at each other before we nodded at Mr. Ahn.

“Ah, you made a good decision then,” Mr. Ahn said, but something strange with his face expression.

“Ahbeoji!” sunbae frowned at his father. Mr. Ahn asked him why, but he only folded his hands in front of him and pouted.

“By the way, is Changmin your brother?” Mr. Ahn suddenly asked me. Sunbae nodded when his father asked me about it. “Yeah, both of you more like a couple than siblings.”

I laughed at them. “We’re not blood related sibling, but we’re really close with each other.”

“But Mr. Jung is your real brother, right?” sunbae asked me.

I shook my head. “He’s my guardian. My mother wanted me to change my real name into Jeong just like oppa.”

“Is your mother…”

Before sunbae finished his words, I nodded at him. “But don’t ask me about my father. I don’t know him. I’ve met him once, but I never see him again. I don’t want to, I think.”

“Why?” Mr. Ahn asked me. He seemed understand with my condition. He’s a father, and might know the feeling of a father that only met his daughter once in his life. “My mom said that it’s for my own sake. She said that I am in the right hand now.”

“Then it was the right decision.” He said. I raised my eyebrows at him. “Mother will always give their children all the best things in life. If it’s your mother who decided it, she knew what the best for you.”

“Ahbeoji, why you’re really concern about her?” sunbae frowned at his father.  Mr. Ahn smiled at him and got up from his seat. “Just like your mother, she will put aside herself for other’s sake.”

“Your mother must be a great person.”I complimented sunbae. He nodded and smiled. He acted as if he was calling back all his memories with his mother. I peeked at Mrs. Ahn medical record a while ago. I know what happened, and I don’t want to bother him about that. “Do you want to go to a café downstairs?” I asked him.

“Sorry if my father and I asked you too much questions.” He said as he bowed his head at me. I nodded and offered my hand. “Let’s go^^”

 

Sunbae and I sat next to the window in the café. We ordered doughnuts thou I’ve had my breakfast. We talked about random things, but our conversation flow like we’ve been in the same situation before.

“Donghae always wants me to call him oppa, but the only one person that I call oppa is Yunho oppa. He’s annoying when he starts to nag at me about calling him oppa. ” I explained. “If I were you and I have to stick with him a whole day, I’ll send myself to the jail then.”

He laughed a bit as he diverted his eyes out of the window. “Yoojin-ssi…”

“Hmm?” I asked as I chew my doughnut. I followed his eyes and… Kris? He was staring at me with an empty stare.

I got up from my seat in instant and ran outside the café to approach him. “What are you doing here?”

“What are you doing here?” he asked me back.

“I’m here with Yunho oppa and Changmin, but oppa wants Changmin to be with him because he has a patient. I’m here with sunbae because…”

“I’m not asking why you are with Siwon hyeong.” He cut my words. He was really spiritless and looked like a walking dead. “Gwaenchanha?” I asked him.

He nodded and smiled at me. “You need something.” I said as I pulled him inside the café. I ordered him a cup of hot chocolate and sandwich. “Why you buy me sandwich and hot chocolate?” he asked me. “I already have my breakfast.”

“You look like a zombie; I thought you haven’t had your breakfast yet.” I explained. “Sunbae, you want me to order something for you?”

He shook his head and told me to just sit and eat my doughnut. “Just tell me what are you doing here?”I asked Kris again. “Just get a shot, why?” he said in a cold tone like he didn’t want to continue the conversation. “By the way, this is good!” he said.

“Fish sandwich always good.” I said.

He suddenly stopped chewing his sandwich and ran somewhere I don’t know. After a minute, he back and drank all his hot chocolate in one shot. “Why you didn’t tell me that it was a fish sandwich?” he nagged at me.

“Wae? Shireo?” I asked him in a cold way, and then finished my doughnut. “Masitdaaa~”

He narrowed his eyes on me and acted as if he didn’t know me. Poor sunbae, he trapped between us.

 

“Son!”

 

All customers in the café diverted their gaze toward Mr. Ahn immediately. He looked shy when he realized that he caught people’s attention. He surprised to see Kris with us. “Oh, is he your friends?” he asked sunbae. Sunbae nodded and Kris introduced himself. “I am Kris, nice to meet you sir.”

“Ah, ne annyeonghaseyo.” Mr. Ahn said as he sat beside sunbae. “Yoojin, you know him?”

 

“I am Yoojin’s boyfriend.”

 

Sunbae, Mr. Ahn, and I were drinking our drinks when Kris said that he was my boyfriend. We choke at the same time before we stared at Kris in a very strange way. “Mwoya??” I yelled at him.

“Wae?” he asked me coldly, but yeah… even it was cold, my heart melted like a cheese.

“Aniyo.” I said as I look away.

“Did I tell you that our students are not allowed to have relationship with female students?” sunbae suddenly became serious. His eyes were set on Kris and his voice was deep. “You are one of most famous student in Neul Paran, and you have your own fanclub. What will you do if your fans attack her?”

“MWO?!” Mr. Ahn surprised to hear what sunbae said. We shocked when we heard his voice. “Ahbeoji, what happened?”

Mr. Ahn shook his head and looked outside the window. “Then, it’s better for you to not have boyfriend, Yoojin-ssi.” Mr. Ahn suddenly acted formal in front of me.

“Ah, um… ye.” I said. But then Kris glared at me, “Yah!”

“Yunho oppa also told me to not have boyfriend.” I said and looked away. He’s too cute… aish!

“Solved.” Sunbae said as he got up from his seat and went somewhere I don’t know.

 

The Jeong’s Family.

 

“Changmin!!” I hit Changmin’s head with a box of choco pie. We spend our afternoon by watching movies at home. It was Anne Hathaway’s movie, One Day. She’s Changmin’s ultimate ideal type. We’ve watched almost all her movies because of Changmin. Now, where’s Yunho oppa? “Oppa!!”

“I’m coming!”

Oppa jumped with a bowl of pop corn in his hands to the couch. As the result, you can see that the pop corns were flying here and there. “Oh, God! Why you guys have to play this movie?” Yunho oppa asked us.

“It’s Anne Hathaway.” We answered.

He sighed and sat comfortably beside me. “This is one of saddest movie I’ve ever watched.” He said as he laid his head on my shoulder. Changmin chuckled when he heard Yunho oppa’s words. “You watched too much drama, hyeong.” He said as he ate his choco pie.

 

In few minutes we started to cry. Changmin cried the hardest when the main character died. Oppa and I could only watch Changmin who were sobbing like when hyeong didn’t buy him his favorite food. “Gwaenchanha, I’ll be with you for the next round.” I said. Hyeong nodded and gave Changmin tissue. “We’ll watch Devil Wears Prada together I promise!”

Changmin frowned at us and got up from his seat. “Principal Kwon??”

We diverted our gaze towards the doorway and we found a woman was standing there. “Is she…”

“Boa-ya?”

I was about to ask oppa about her, but oppa cut my words and approached that woman. Left me and Changmin in our place, dumbfounded.

“I, is that…?” she asked oppa. That Boa woman pointed her finger at me. “So, you have other girlfriend, except me?”

I approached her to explain who I am. Oh God, did oppa forget to tell her that he live with two angels???

“What do you want? Get out of my fiancée’s home!”

I dropped my jaw when I heard her words. I chuckled at her and sent her my glare. “You get out of here.”

“Oah~ this is daebak!” I heard Changmin said. “Hyeong, let them fight!”

“Yoojin-ah, Boa-yah, stop it!” oppa begged. I can forgive her for mistaken me as an adult, but she wants me to leave my home?? Hell no!

“You should leave my fiancée’s home before I kick you out.” She told me with a very annoying attitude. Revenge! Revenge!

“You won’t able to marry him.” I said. “He’s mine.” I said as I pulled Yunho oppa by the collar. Our face just few centimeters apart and I he kept mumbling something to make me stop. But I can’t go back, I have to finish her, now. “I hate her, don’t marry her.” I whispered as I pretended to give him kiss near his lips so she thinks that I kissed him.

“Keep your hands off of him!”

She pulled oppa and punched me right on my face. ch! I’ll murder this witch for ruining my gorgeous afternoon!

We started to pull each other’s hair. Oppa tried so hard to separate us, but he couldn’t. I heard Donghae’s voice and he helped oppa to separate us. I was held by oppa, and she was held by Donghae. I just don’t want to see my reflection on the mirror now.

“I will never let you touch my oppa!!” I yelled at her.

“I will kick you out of here!” she yelled back.

 

“Both of you, STOP!!!” oppa screamed loudly. “Boa-yah! Why you come to my home and make a mess here?!” oppa asked her in an anger. She suddenly looked scared of oppa. I didn’t make a mess with her face, clothes or hair, but geez… what kind of pain it is??

“Hyeong! Yoojin’s nose!!” Donghae exclaimed while pointing his finger at me.

My head suddenly really in pain. I feel so weak and… aish! I lost the fight…

-------------------------------------------------