Sorry

When You Were Sleeping

 

Kris couldn’t send me home since he got call from his mother that their father involved in a car accident. I really want him to send me home after a great night we spent together. Now, I have to contact Changmin so that we can go home together since someone betrayed, and abandoned us, I mean ME!

“Changmin-ah, eodiya?” I asked Changmin as he picked up his phone.

“On my way to Victoria’s home, neo eodi?” Changmin asked me back. Ok, I should respect Victoria’s date. “Just asking. Be careful^^” I said as I hung up the phone. Now, Donghae! Ah, I am blessed to have someone like him. I suddenly love him so much!

 

“Yoojin-ah!!”

 

I diverted my gaze towards the voice. God, it can’t be… “Donghae oppa!!”

Donghae dropped his jaw as I called him oppa. This is the first time I called him oppa. I ran towards him and pinched his cheek. “Do you know how much I love…” Ok, let’s make him back to earth. “Changmin?”

Donghae’s expression suddenly changed. “Could you please say that you love me? Just once, please??” he begged. Donghae and Changmin are my brothers, always. They take care of me as if I were their own sister. Donghae has no sibling, so he always takes care of me better than Changmin in some ways. However, I always tell him that Changmin is the best brother I could ask for. He often gets jealous, but he never stops taking care of me. I wish I could tell him that I love him too, but my pride is way too high.

“Let’s go home together!”

Donghae thought a bit before he spoke. “Siwon’s father told me to go home with him and Siwon. Since we are on the same way, should I ask him to drive you home too?”

“Eh??”

I startled when I heard his suggestion. It’s not because I’m afraid to meet Siwon sunbae’s father, it’s because I turned him down when he asked me to be his partner. Ok, that’s Kris’ fault, but still… I’m not ready to meet… Omo! Siwon sunbae!

“Donghae-yah, kaja!” Siwon sunbae said without looking at me. I know he’s mad at me, but… I… “Oh, Yoojin-ssi.”

“Siwon-ah, can you drive her home too?” Donghae suddenly asked him. Aish this babo!

“Where’s your date?” he suddenly asked me. Great, should I make him happy? “Kris’ father was involved in an accident.” I answered.

“By the way, Yunho hyeong should pick you up. He isn’t at home?” Donghae asked me a question that I really don’t want to hear. “He has date. Don’t ask me about Kris, Yunho oppa, or Changmin.” I said as I gave them my bitter expression.

“Let’s go then.”

We headed to the parking lot and I saw a man was standing next to his car. That must be Siwon sunbae’s father.

“Ahbeoji, could you drive her home?” Siwon sunbae asked his father. “Where’s your home?” he suddenly asked me. “Seocho-dong…” I whispered.

“Ah, Seocho-dong.”

“Let’s go then.”

 

I sat in front seat because sunbae’s ahbeoji told me to. He decided it when he saw Donghae kept pulling my hand to the back seat. Now I’m free from that clingy chingu. Keunde, gomapta Hae oppa^^.

 

“So, you used to live in Tokyo before? What make your parents choose to move here? I think Tokyo is better than Seoul.” sunbae’s father suddenly asked me.

“She has no parents, samcheon.” Donghae suddenly interrupted my conversation. Ok, thanks Donghae ==

Sunbae’s ahbeoji looked not so surprised, but when I saw sunbae’s face through the mirror, he looks shocked “Yunho oppa’s parents told him to back to Seoul and enlist to the army, or finish his medical school here. So, we decide to back to Seoul.” I explained.

“So, you live with your oppa?” sunbae’s father asked me again. Why he’s so curious about my life??

“We’re not blood related sibling; he’s just the oppa that take care of me since my mother’s death. He’s my guardian.” I said as I look out of the window. I saw my own reflection and I seemed saw my mother. She was there, smiling at me.

My phone suddenly rang. It’s 00.01 in the morning, and there was a reminder on my phone screen. I should meet mom this morning.

“You want me to go with you?” Donghae suddenly asked me. “It’s the day right?”

I look at Donghae, no more childish look on his face. “Never mind, I’ll go there by myself.”

“You two looked serious, what happened?” Siwon sunbae asked.

“Nothing,” Donghae and I said almost together.

We didn’t talk until we reached Seocho. Sunbae’s father kept stealing glance at me. God, I know I’m gorgeous, thanks to Vic unnie for the make-up class. “My home is there, that villa.”

“Which one?” sunbae’s father asked me. “The one with blossom tree.”

He drove carefully as his eyes were set on the blossom tree that was blooming. “It’s beautiful…”

“Yunho Oppa told the previous owner to plant the tree if they wanted a high price. He did it because I love blossom tree so much.” I explained.

“He seemed really care about you.” Sunbae’s father said.

“He does,” I said as walked outside the car. “Thank you for sending me home^^”

 

11.00 a.m

Seocho-dong

 

“Where are you going?”

I saw Changmin walked inside my room while scratching his hair. He went home at 2.00 am and Yunho oppa came home an hour later. I didn’t greet them or asked them about their date. That was the first time I was abandoned by those guys.

“Yoojin-ah, tell me!!”

Changmin whining like a kid, but I didn’t tell him any information. “I gotta go, take care.”

“Yah! Jeong Yoojin!”

I walked downstairs, but someone pulled my hand to stop my steps. “Where are you going?”

It was Yunho oppa. He was in suit, and looked ready to go to meet mom. “Let’s go together.”

“Ani, I’ll go alone.” I refused as I managed to escape from him. “Yoojin-ah!”

 

“Umma, how are you?”

I looked at umma’s grave and put the flowers on it. Her favorite flower, red rose. “Do you know what happened if I didn’t meet Donghae? Yeah, finally Yunho oppa and Changmin chose their date over me. Should be happy for them? Or should I keep this jealous feeling?”

I kept asking her various questions that only made me look so pathetic just because people around me finally enjoy their own life without me. Now I Being selfish since they always put me on their top list. They always spoil me, and never let me go home alone. Aish… this kind of feeling… why so bothering me…

 

“Jeong Yoojin?”

 

I turned around and saw Kris in a black suit. His eyes were swollen as if he cried all night long. God, don’t tell me he lost his father on that accident! “Kris…”

He formed a smile and suddenly pulled me into his arms. This is awkward. We’ve been friends since few days ago and now he’s hugging me this tight? “I lost my uncle in that accident…” he said weakly.

I’m glad to hear that it wasn’t his father, but he looked so sad. “I’m sorry to hear that…”

He broke the hug and suddenly he looked so fine. No more sadness on his face. “Never mind, he’s an annoying ahjussi”

“Eh?”

I frowned at him and hit his chest. “Neo michyeo?!” I asked him. However I saw his face became dark and he seemed so great in acting. “What’s now?”

“I lied; Today is my father’s funeral.” He paused. “For real…”

He forced his lips to form a smile, but I couldn’t hold it. He must be so sad right now. He put prank on me to make him feel better. “Come here…”

He took one step close and hugged me without hesitation. Now I’m worry about Amber… she must be really sad right now.

“He’s my father, not Amber’s. Don’t worry about her…” Kris suddenly said. He could read my mind? “I cannot read your mind, it’s written all over your place since I told you that it was my father.” He explained. “Thanks for worrying Amber by the way.”

“You want me to be with you today?” I asked him.

“That would be great.”

 

“Yoojin-ah…”

 

I diverted my gaze towards the voice. It was Yunho oppa. I broke my hug with Kris and the situation suddenly become awkward. “Oppa…”

“Did I disturb you?” He asked me. “Could you not do that in front of Jihyeon noona?” he asked me in a very cold way. His expression, his stare, and his voice as cold as Fuji san in an extreme winter. “I’m here to see umma.”

“But you look like in a date with that guy.” He said. “Could you please leave this place?”

“I’ll leave then…” Kris said. I was about to chase him but he told me to stay. I hate Yunho oppa if he started acting like this.

“You should respect your mother.” He broke the silence. “You don’t know how her hardships to keep you save.”

“You keep saying those things, what actually happened? Why you keep those secrets from me?” I asked him. He put a bouquet of red roses on her grave and started to pray. “I still keep our promises.” He said. “I’ve promised to your mother, I’ll tell you what happened when the time comes.”

“I hate you.” I said as I turned around. He’s annoying and I just can’t stand it anymore.

“Hate me then, I don’t mind.”

 

Now I’m thinking that I’m the one who make mistake, the reason why he acted so cold towards me. Why I’m so selfish? Aish! “Mianhae…” I said as I ran to… nowhere. I just don’t want to see him. It’s embarrassing to angry at him when the fact is that I’m the one that annoy him. My heart hurts so bad when I realized I said bad words that might hurt him. Mianhae…

 

“Yoojin?”

 

I turned around and I saw Kris was rested under a tree. “Kris…”

“What happened?”

I shook my head and quietly sat beside him. “I’m so selfish.” I said.

“What makes you so selfish?” he asked me.

“I was angry at him when he told me he chose his date over me. That’s the first time he treated me in that way. I only think about myself and never think about his happiness. I told him I hate him, just because he always refuses to tell me the truth about what happened to my mother. My heart hurts so bad now… I don’t know why I’m this selfish…”

“People around you spoil you too much, but it’s good if you realized that you’re wrong.” He said as he laid his head on my shoulder. “Could you just forget it for a while?” he suddenly asked me. “I really need you now…”

“Sorry…”

I spent the whole afternoon with Kris. I saw a different side of him today. He showed me his weak side that I’ve never seen. I’ve saw him on basketball match, and he was so powerful and I almost couldn’t see his weakness. But today, I feel like that person has showed me everything about him.

 

It’s almost 7.00 p.m. and when I activated my phone, there were hundreds of missed calls from Changmin. Just Changmin.

 

“Yah! Why you guys leave me alone at home?!”

 

Guys? I turned around and found Yunho oppa was standing right behind of me. “Oppa…”

He smiled weakly at me, “Yoojin-ah…” he called my name and held my hand tight. “Don’t hate me… please?”

He was drunk and looked so pathetic, but why I feel so sad when I see him like this? Why this really hard on me? He broke our promise because of me. “I said I’m sorry.” I said as I hugged him tightly. This is our biggest fight since we live together. “Changmin and I told you hundred times to not drink alcohol again, why you keep drinking that thing?!” I yelled at him as I hit his chest and started to cry.

“Nan gwaenchanha…” he said as he patted my head. I’m sorry… so sorry… I know you do those things for me, for Changmin, for our own sake.

“Can I join you guys?” Yunho oppa and I opened our arms for Changmin. We hugged each other like we always did when Changmin and I were younger. I will never let you drink soju again, I promise!

 

----------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading^^