Her Birthday Present

When You Were Sleeping

 

 

‘I’m all right, I’ll be fine…’

Yoojin kept saying those words to herself. It’s been three days since she skipped school. She couldn’t hide her fear from meeting people.

 

“Yoojin-ah!”

 

She shocked when someone tapped her shoulder. It was Suho. “I heard you fought with Kirin’s principal, you’re daebak!”

“Yeah! That is why you have to join Kungfu club with me and Sungmin hyeong!” Tao shocked her again by tapping her left shoulder.

 

“Huang Zi Tao!”

 

Tao diverted his gaze towards the voice, and suddenly a basket ball flew towards him. He caught the ball before it hit his face. “Gege! You shocked me!!”

 

“Suho-yah!”

 

Suho was joking with Yoojin, but when he turned around to see who was calling his name, he saw greeted with a ball that hit his forehead. And Kris successfully made Suho fainted.

“Oh, Gege!!” Tao ran towards Suho, so was Yoojin. “Suho-ssi, gwaenchanha?”

“What a great morning^^” he replied while smiling.

Yoojin ran towards Kris and threw the ball at him. “Neo michyeo?!” she yelled at Kris. Kris shocked when he saw Yoojin yelled at him, with new haircut. “What if something bad happen to him?” She kept raising her voice.  Kris gulped and bowed at her like she was a mafia leader. “Jwiseonghaeyo…” he said, but Yoojin ran back to help Tao to take Suho to the classroom. She suddenly stopped her steps and turned around and smiled at Kris before she ran towards Tao and Suho again.

“What happened to her?” Kris mumbled.

Kris ran towards his class room to put his bag. “Kris!” Onew greeted him with book on his hand.

“Waeyo?” he asked Onew. Onew gave him puppy eyes that made Kris realized that something fishy would be happened. “Can we see your English homework?”

“Eh? But teacher told us to make essay, it’s something that you cannot copy.” He explained. “Just ask Key to help you guys, I’ve given my essay to Mr. Lee.” He said as he diverted his gaze towards Key, but Key gave him skeptical stare and made him shivered.

“Aish!” the other student cursed. “Sorry,” Kris said as he left the class room. He was on his way to Amber’s class when Siwon stopped him. “Kris, we should talk.” He said. Kris and Siwon went to school president’s office. Along their way, they didn’t talk even a word. As soon as they reached school president’s office Kris asked him, “You like Yoojin, don’t you?”

Siwon gave him a stare. “Let’s talk about it later.”

Siwon sat on his chair and told Kris to sit, but Kris refused. “Just tell me.” He said.

“I like her, why?” Siwon asked him back. Kris shook his head. “Just asking.”

“Did you know that Yoojin… her forehead…”

“Scar?” Kris guessed. “Amber told me, but I don’t want to bother her with that.” He explained.

“But you did.” Siwon said. Kris stared at him confusedly, “Why you act like she’s yours? Yeah, she’s not my girlfriend, either yours.”

“But I,”

Before Siwon finished his words, Kris cut it. “What I see now is that she feels awkward around you. She respects you as her senior, but she takes me not because I am her friend’s brother or senior. She’s comfortable around me.”

“Done?” Siwon asked him. “I like her, but please respect the rule I made with principal. It’s not because I don’t like you with her, I want to protect the female students here.”

Kris left the office without a word. He surprised to see Yoojin stood in front of the office door. “What the hell are you doing here?” Kris whispered, and then he pulled her hand and ran toward the hall.

“God! He likes me Kris!!”

Yoojin jumped and sang happily. Kris stunned. He was really confident to say that Yoojin liked him most. “You like him that much, huh?” Kris asked her skeptically.

Yoojin stopped. She walked towards him and asked, “Jealous?”

He calmly replied. “Ani.”

“I like it,” she said. “I like the fact that the famous school president likes me!” She jumped happily. Kris chuckled and tapped her head to stop her jumping like a kangaroo. Yoojin stared at him like a little puppy, but Kris looked away. “You heard what I said?”

Yoojin nodded. “You like me,” she said. “And you claimed that I like you more than I like sunbae, where you get that confident?”

Kris looked away and pretended to not hear. Yoojin chuckled at him. “Gomawo,” she said as she patted Kris’ hand on her head. “For liking me.” She said.

 

“Jeong Yoojin!!!”

 

Yoojin and Kris heard Donghae’s voice from a distance. They surprised to see Donghae ran towards Yoojin with open hand. “Mwoyaa??!” she screamed and hid behind Kris. Donghae pouted and pulled Yoojin’s hand. “Neo gwaenchanha?” he asked.

“O,” Yoojin simply replied. She used one of her hand to cover her forehead. “Just don’t give me mirror on my birthday.”

“Wae?” Donghae asked.

“Changmin will break it for me.” She said as she ran outside the hall. “Donghae annyeong^^”

Donghae laughed at her while calling back the time he saw her fought a woman. “Just seeing her smile really makes my day.” He said.

Kris stunned when he saw Donghae. He felt jealous of him somehow. “Did you know? I like her.” Kris said with his famous face. Donghae frowned at him and grabbed him by his collar. “I’ll never let you touch her even a hair!”

“By the way, when her birthday is?” Kris asked him.

“Umm…” Donghae thought a bit. “Today?”

 

“Siwon, I saw your dad earlier.” Hankyung said as he threw his body to the couch. “What have you done, president?”

Siwon frowned. “Are you sure?” he asked Hankyung. Hankyung nodded steadily. “He brought a present; I thought it’s your birthday.”

“Do you know anyone whose birthday is today?” he asked everyone in the school president’s office. Donghae walked inside the room. He stopped when he heard ‘Birthday’ word. “Mwo? Birthday? Today is my little Yoojinnie’s birthday.” Donghae said. “We’ll have a party in her home, do you want to come?”

 

“Siwon, you come home late today.”

Yeonhee greeted her son with a peck on his cheek. Siwon just smiled at his mother, and greeted his grandmother. 

“Yeonhee-yah, teach your son to not act like his father!” Siwon’s grandmother said. Siwon stopped his steps and stared at his grandmother confusedly. However Yeonhee forced Siwon to go upstairs. “Ppali, take a bath first.” His mother told him. Siwon walked towards his room, but he stopped when he heard his father’s voice.

 

“So, did you meet other woman again today?”

 

Siwon dropped his bag. He kept asking himself about his grandmother’s words to his father. ‘Does ahbeoji has affair with someone?’ he asked himself.

 

“Eomoni, jebal…”Siwon heard her mother begged.

“I went to Siwon’s school only today.” He heard his father tried to explain to his grandmother what happened.  

“I saw you bought something from a cosmetic shop on my way here.”

 

Siwon suddenly remember Yoojin’s birthday present that’ she got when she was in school. It was a set of expensive makeup. She didn’t know who give her that expensive present, but he suspected one person, his father.

 

“Yes, I went to a cosmetic shop to buy something for Yeonhee.” He heard his ahbeoji said. Siwon walked downstairs. He saw his family looked awkward when he showed up. “Something wrong?” he asked everyone.

His mother approached him with the same make up set that Yoojin got.  “It’s just a misunderstanding between your halmeoni and your ahbeoji.” Yeonhee said as she pulled Siwon towards the dining room.

Siwon really worry about his mother condition. Since Doctor Jeong become her doctor, she showed a big improvement.

“Eomoni…” Siwon called his mother. Yeonhee turned around and smiled at her only one son. “Mworago Aideul-ah?”

Siwon shook his head. “These foods looks really good, I’ll eat well.”

Siwon really want to ask her what happened between his father and his halmeoni, but he didn’t want to make his mother sad. 

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading^^ Sorry for grammatical errors and typos^^