Affections

When You Were Sleeping

 

 “Can we talk?”

Ahra walked inside my room, and sat on my reading chair. She stared at me with her big eyes as if she wanted me to do something. “What is it?”

“Can’t we just get married after this stupid matchmaking?” she asked me.

I closed my book and pulled my blanket. “It’s late already,” I said as I turned off the light.

“Yunho-yah…”

“You know why I don’t want to continue our relationship.” I said.

“But it wasn’t my fault only, we were young Yunho…”

 

“Hyeong!”

 

I jumped from my bed when I heard Changmin’s voice. I saw Changmin dropped his jaw when he saw Ahra was in my room. “Wait there, I can explain.” I said. I wasn’t ask him to listen to my explanation about the situation that bound me and Ahra, but I saw him was holding his homework book when he entered my room.

He nodded and approached me. “Hyeong, I can’t understand this question.”

Changmin sat on my bed and gave me his book. We ditched Ahra, and enjoy every question on Changmin’s homework book. Changmin and I saw her left my room like we weren’t care about her.

 

“I don’t like her.” Changmin suddenly said. “Sorry if I have to say this, but I don’t like her for no reason.” Changmin said in a serious expression. “I know you only listen to Yoojin, but can you please listen to me now?”

I laughed at Changmin’s expression. He looked confuse when he saw me laughing at him. “Nothing’s funny hyung! I’m serious!”

“It’s funny since I also don’t like her too.” I laughed. Changmin raised his eyebrows at me. “Jinjja?”

I nodded. “There’s no reason for me to back together with her, I’m done. Once is enough.”

“Waeyo?”

“She cheated on me,”

 

Kris’ POV

 

What’s so good about him? Is that because he’s the school president and he’s one of the most genius students in Neul Paran? Oh come on Jeong Yoojin! Don’t laugh at his stupid jokes! Don’t look at him in that way! Don’t show him your eyesmile! Aish! Why I watch them during my class?!

 

“Kris!!”

 

Mr. Jo threw me his chalk. Aish! I got caught!

 

“What happen out there?!” Why you’re not listening to my explanation?! He yelled at me. “GET OUT OF MY CLASS!!”

The other students laughed at me like I was a clown. Aish…

I got up from my seat and walked outside my class. Amber shocked when she saw me. “Did Teacher Jo kick you out?”

I nodded and walked away. I really don’t want to talk with anyone right now. “Back to your class, sister. Or you’ll end up like me.”

 

“You like Yoojin, don’t you?”

 

I stopped my steps for a while. Amber approached me and stood beside me. “You gotta make her chase you, idiot!” she said as she jumped and hit my head so hard. She ran before I murder her for what she did to me. Aish! That was hurt!

 

“Daebak!!”

 

I heard Baekhyun’s voice. He was there, in the coach bench, watching me shooting the balls. He’s my fan, and join basketball club, but he has no talent. Poor him…

“Do you want to play with me?” I asked him. He nodded steadily and approached me with towel and water in his hands. “Hyeong, teach me ok^^”

I nodded and took the towel and water from his hands. “Start with lay-up shoot, if you make it in one try, I’ll treat you lunch.”

Baekhyun took the ball and tried to make shoot, but he failed. “Hyeong, gimme second chance please!!”

“Aniyo, you failed.” I said as gave him my SNSD’s concert ticket. “Enjoy the concert, I know you like them.”

Baekhyun jumped and hugged me like he wasn’t heavy == “Yah! Let me go!!”

 

“Aww, you guys look cute together!”

 

Yoojin approached us and Baekhyun let me go. “Bye hyeong!” he said as he ran away from this situation. What should I do? Amber told me to make her chase me back, but how? I don’t even know why my fans chase after me!

“Why? You don’t like to see me?” She asked me with her banjjak banjjak big eyes stared at me. Ok, stay cool Kris. Don’t let her eyes make you weak!

“You don’t like to see me?” she asked me again and her attack was stronger. Her eyes aegyo just… stay strong Kris! You can do it!

“What do you want?” I asked her as cold as I could.

She sighed and looked down while pouting. Aish! I don’t know that she has so much aegyo!

“Why you act this cold?” she asked me in a serious tone. Ok, no more aegyo from her. I’ll be fine then.

“I always act in this way. Why you suddenly care about me?” I asked her in the same way she talked to me. She frowned. “I do care about you, Kris.”

“But you seemed enjoy your new friendship more than you care about me.” I said in the most mean way to her, and walked away. Was it really making my jealousness really obvious?

 

I headed to the canteen, but people there seemed so strange. They looked at me in a strange way. I looked around, and I found Yoojin was standing right behind me. “What do you want?” I asked her coldly.

“Go,” I said as I left the canteen. I walked towards the locker room to change my clothes. I’ll skip all today’s classes and practice basketball.

“I’m going to change my clothes.” I said. I looked at her for a second before I close the locker room. I feel sorry, but I just can’t take it any longer. If Siwon hyung said that I’m lost, yeah… I think so.

I opened the door and found no one there. Ok Kris, time to move on.

“You hate me that much?”

Yoojin squatted beside the door. She stared at the space blankly. I think I hurt her…

“Yoojin-ah, back to your class.” I said as I tried to avoid her. She suddenly stopped me by holding my hand. I stared at her and she stared at me with tears in her eyes. Please don’t cry…

“Please don’t hate me Kris…” she begged while sobbing. “I do care of you, and I don’t want to lose a friend anymore…”

I pulled her hand so she could get up. I gently wiped her tears with my fingers and gave her smile. “Sorry for make you cry.” I said. She cried harder and made me confuse. I don’t know what to do. “Please don’t cry...” I wiped her tears by two hands, but she cried so hard. I have no idea to make her feel better, the only thing that I can do is hug her.

I hugged her gently just to make her fell allright. After hugging for a few minutes, she broke our hug and stared at me with her swollen eyes. “Don’t do that again…” she begged me. “I’ll lost Yunho oppa, Changmin now has girlfriend, I’ll stay home alone on Saturday night now… You can’t leave me…”

“You have Siwon hyeong… he likes you.” I said.

“But I like you most.”

I don’t know what kind of joy it is, but I feel like really want to make a slam dunk. “I like you the most…” she repeated.

I pulled her into my arms in instant and hugged her really tight until she asked me to let her go. “YAH!” she yelled at me. The gloomy face gone and now her annoying face greet me. “Are you trying to kill me?!”

I stared at her for a few moments before I turned around and walked away. She kept calling my name, but I ignore her. But she suddenly punched my head. Aish! I’ll murder her now!

I turned around but she greeted me with a sudden attack. A kiss on my lips. Ok, she murders me now.