Wow!

Lovely Fan

Nobody’s POV

It was the next morning. EXO members were having breakfast at the hotel. After the confession Chanyeol made yesterday, the other boys won’t leave him alone. They were all teasing him about Haerin.

“I really hope she comes here and have breakfast with us.”

“Yeah, and we could interrogate her as well,”

“We can ask her questions on how she feels towards our happy virus,”

“Or maybe her favorite EXO member,”

“Yah, we knew the answer to that already,” Baekhyun pointed towards Chanyeol who grinned along.

“That’s right!” Xiumin munched his food. “But actually, she seems interesting. I really wanted to know more about her,”

The other looked at him. They then stared at Chanyeol. Chanyeol also froze in his spot. ‘Xiumin hyung likes her too?’

“You fool! Don’t you know that she’s taken?” Chen snorted. He eyed Chanyeol as he punched Xiumin lightly on his shoulder.

Xiumin looked confused for some time but laughed after realizing Chen’s words. The others were sending him death glares. Luhan mouthed ‘Chanyeol likes her first!’ Xiumin waved his hands in denial continuously.

“I didn’t mean that in an intimate way,” he defended himself. “Don’t you guys think that it’s very suspicious for a young girl like Haerin to be vacationing here alone? I thought a lot about her as our Chanyeol seems too interested in her. I would never betray you, my dear friend,” he tapped Chanyeol’s shoulder.

The others intense looks faded. Chanyeol also laughed.

“You were dead worried that I might try to seduce her, weren’t you?”

“No.”

“Eyyyyy, this hyung of yours knew,”

“No, I don’t,” Chanyeol pouted. “By the way, where’s manager hyung?”

“Don’t try to change the topic…”

“I am not, hyung,” he continued eating. Seriously, the members were being too mean to him.

“He got this awful stomach ache and won’t leave the bathroom,” Suho explained. “Okay, back to the topic,”

“What? You too, Joonmyun hyung?”

“She seems like she’s hiding something,” Lay pointed at the entrance of the restaurant. The boys followed his hand and looked at the girl who just entered; their main topic; Haerin.

Chanyeol choked at his food. Kris hurriedly handed him a glass.

“Oh my,” Tao squealed. He stopped eating his cake for a while before munching on it again.

“This is so romantic,” Baekhyun fanboying excitedly. “It was like they’re fated to be,”

Chanyeol looked at her. Amazed. Haerin’s wearing those cute summer dresses which landed perfectly above her knees. She let her hair down and was eyeing the buffet’s choices. ‘I guess she’s coming here to have breakfast,’ He smiled.

“Hyung’s so in love that it scares me,” Sehun joked. He poked his fork to Chanyeol’s cheek.

Chanyeol let out a loud ‘Ouch’. Haerin looked at the boys’ reaction and seemed surprise. The boys looked at her as well. They froze in their seats. They exchanged looks for a while before she looked away. They were silence for a moment. It’s as if they were caught red-handed trying to steal some cookies at midnight by their moms.

“Go talk to her,” Kris motioned Chanyeol to stand up.

“W-What?”

“You do remember what we talked about last night,” he reminded. Chanyeol looked at his untouched food.

“C’mon, hyung. You can do it,” Kai assured him, “If you’re a man, then do it,”

“What does being a man had to do with anything like this?”

“Just take the initiative and lead her,” Chen tried to convince him.

“Chanyeol-ah, don’t be afraid.” Luhan joined in as well.

Chanyeol was in a huge dilemma. Haerin was still lingering in front of the food. ‘She doesn’t know what to eat how cute,’

D.O snapped him out. “You’re gonna be fine,” he flashed a small smile and nodded. As if a mom was giving him strength, Chanyeol gathered his guts and stood up.

He threw the napkin to the table. “Wish me luck, guys,”

The members watched in silence as Chanyeol started to walk towards Haerin.

“I’m so happy that I want to cry,” Baekhyun’s hands were on covering his mouth.

The sight in front of them was very beautiful. Chanyeol and Haerin were talking to each other! The members clapped like seals and high-fived one another. That was until—

“Where is hyung going?” Tao looked in confusion.

Chanyeol was walking away and Haerin was left at the scene, completely shocked. She then returned to the choices of breakfast in front of her. The boys were still taken aback. Chanyeol then was seen disappearing into the washroom.

“He chickened out,” Luhan pouted.

Chanyeol’s POV

‘What is wrong with me?! I had this chance to talk to her and I blew it. Now, she’s going to treat me differently. She must’ve thought that I was just playing with her heart. I mean—how could someone asked for the direction of the washroom to some random people who were just entering the place? You’re a stupid man, Chanyeol.’

I hurriedly washed my hands and face. I looked at the mirror in front of me and saw a pathetic looking young boy. “You just blew away your chances, young man,” I splashed water to the mirror and wet my shirt instead.

I was just coming out of the washroom when I glanced at the place where I left Haerin earlier. She was not there. I searched the entire restaurant, and yet, I couldn’t find her. ‘She left already…’

I walked towards the direction of our table and found Haerin sitting next to my vacant seat. Wait—What?!!! I was busy staring at the boys who were busy talking and paying attention to her. I admitted that I was feeling very jealous and started to increase my pace.

“”Ouch!” I rubbed my shoulder. I just crashed onto one of the waiters and fell down. Luckily, he isn’t holding anything. If not, I would embarrass myself more in front of Haerin. I quickly apologized and helped the poor waiter up. I looked at the members and they were all staring at me. They sent me this ‘what is wrong with you?’ looks. Some are just laughing at me—‘Baekhyun, Xiumin hyung, you’ll get it from me later.’ And there’s Haerin—an angel, she sat there and watched me with a worried expression all over her face.

I gathered myself together and breathed in. I sat down. I SAT DOWN. I SAT DOWN NEXT TO HAERIN!!!

“Are you okay, you fool?” Kris looked at me. I nodded and looked at my food again. Oh God. ‘What should I do? Where should I put my hands? Do I have to look at her?’ I stole a glance and found Haerin’s munching her breakfast. ‘She got herself some pancakes and an omelet. Nice choice.’

 I saw in delight as opened and grabbed a bite of the pancake. closed and she bit the pancakes into small pieces before swallowing them. ‘Wait—what am I? A stalker?’ I shook my head but the image won’t just fade away. She’s beautiful.’

Everyone looked at me. Haerin too stared at me like I was some kind of a creeper. ‘Oh my, did I just say that last part a little too loud?’

“Stop making her uncomfortable, Yeol,” Suho hyung knocked my head lightly. I looked at him and rubbed my head.

I could sense the boys giggling and enjoying this moment. They were trying so hard to not to laugh that they were vibrating. ‘Guys, you were vibrating!’ I sent them signals of telepathy. ‘Fool Chanyeol. Of course it won’t work. What are you? A dolphin?’ They were inhaling and vibrated again. She kept her head low and continues to eat in silence. ‘Haerin must’ve thought us as some creepers. Her image of the boyband EXO will be ruined. She won’t come to our concerts and fan signs events anymore. It makes me think, did she ever go to one?’

“Haerin-ssi,”

Everyone looked at Suho. He flashed a friendly smile to her. I looked at Haerin and saw her relaxing. ‘You, Joonmyun hyung, don’t try to seduce my girl.’

“What are you doing here alone?”

“…”

All of us waited for her answer. ‘On second thought, thanks hyung for helping out.’

“I’m vacationing,” She’s talking! Her voice is so soft, “My father was busy with his business and my mom was always with him.”

“Aren’t you scared of being alone? Did they let you go by yourself?”

“…,” She hesitated. ‘She is hiding something!’ “Actually, I’m running away from home,” she smiled and let out an awkward laugh.

Tao almost chock on his cake and Kris patted his back. Silence filled in. Everyone stared at her with confusion. ‘Why?’

“Why?” Baekhyun asked.

“Just because…” It can’t be a ‘just because’ only.

“Why?” I asked. I wanted-- needed an answer.

She looked at me. OMG, she looked at me!

“I-I”

“Okay, then. There’s no need to push yourself,” D.O stopped her. “We totally understand if you want to keep it for yourself.” Everyone fell in silence again. At first I was mad at D.O but then, she did look very sad and that’s the least I want her to feel.

After finishing her breakfast, she excused herself and went back to her room. We too, went back after that. The next thing, we were all ready to go out and explore Hawaii. I kept myself busy to not think of her bit I failed. This girl is definitely a big mystery. The days passed just like that. We bought a lot of souvenirs and ate lots of local food. Ever since the breakfast incident, I didn’t see Haerin at all.

The next day, we went to the beach beside the hotel. We played and played and watched as the sun set. It was a magnificent view. The sky seemed like it’s in pain. Like…Haerin. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen her at all today as well. The thoughts on that girl flocked my mind.

I sat on the sand, still staring at the sunset while the others played catch. Some were doodling on the sand and took pictures of each other. I laughed as I saw Baekhyun and Luhan throwing manager hyung to the sea. There’s a part of me itching to play with them but I was so worried that I didn’t have the energy to do so.

“What do you said her room was?” D.O sat next to me. His face glowed in the beautiful scenery.

“302.” I looked at the sunset again.

“302? That’s below Xiumin, Tao, Chen and manager hyung’s room, 402,” he turned my head to the hotel behind us. I stared and saw the building.

“I guess,” D.O sighed. I looked at the building again. ‘What is he trying to say?’

”That room up there,” he pointed, “the one with the lights opened is ours. I know because I keep telling Baekhyun to turn it off this morning and obviously he did not. And that shirt there, the glittering one,” he pointed again. The shirt was extremely easy to spot as it is the only shirt visible on the veranda. “That’s Kai’s. It was wet because Sehun accidentally poured water on it this morning. I hung it there so it would dry.”

“I still couldn’t get your point,” D.O face palmed himself.

“404 is ours, 403 is Kai, Suho and Sehun’s, 402 is Xiumin, Tao, Chen and manager hyung’s room. The one beside it must be Kris, Luhan and Lay’s, 401.” He explained one by one.

“…So?”

“Chanyeol-ah, Haerin’s room is 302. It’s below 402. That one,” he pointed. He’s getting a little impatient. I was still trying to figure it out when it finally struck me. Haerin’s room is that one and there’s someone on the veranda. That someone must be Haerin since she’s vacationing alone.

I quickly stood up. The girl seemed very lonely. I walked closer to the building and found her on the veranda. It really is her! She stared blankly at the ocean. The view was even more breathtaking here. I stopped and was completely staring at her. It seemed so long—the distance between us. She was like the stars that I couldn’t reach. But, she was still pretty even though I barely saw her face.

Nobody’s POV

D.O watched happily as Chanyeol made his way. After a while, the others asked about him. He pointed at those two. They were staring at each other. Chanyeol looked like he’s serenading her. And it was perfect. The boys started squealing like fangirls and some were even whistling. After a while, they went back to their rooms, leaving Chanyeol who was still in a staring contest with Haerin.

Your POV

He’s down there. In the midst of darkness, in the beautiful moment, I saw him. My heart was beating like crazy. Does he like me? Or is it just manner as an idol. And I’m his fan. Is he just treating me like one? Everything that he had done to me seemed very sincere. Is it really normal for a celebrity being so nice towards his fans? But the others weren’t like him. They were normal. Could it be that my fan love for Chanyeol’s slowly turns to a real one?

I couldn’t take it anymore and slowly disappear into my room. I-I really do fall for him.

Nobody’s POV

It was night. The 3rd day of their vacation. They will be going back to Korea the day after tomorrow. After spending time in the beach all day long, they were all ready to go to bed. Before doing so, once again they gathered together at one place. The victims this time were Suho and his kids, Kai and Sehun. After Chanyeol returned, they were all smirking at him and sent him weird glances. He totally understood what they mean and smiled back at them.

“She said that her father’s a businessman, right?” Lay asked.

The others nodded as Haerin did mentioned about it before.

“Why, hyung?”

“Maybe there’s something about him online…” he started to search on the internet. The others were interested as well and paid full attention to him.

“Try searching Choi Haerin, daughter of Choi __ __,” Kai gestured.

“Wait..wait..” Lay said while scrolling his i-pad. He stopped and read something.

“Oh.My.”

“What?”

“What is it?”

“Why? Why?” Questions filled the room. Lay eyes were wide opened.

“What is it that you see?” Xiumin asked and snatched the I-pad away from him.

“Businessman, Choi Hamin’s family members revealed.” He started reading the main title.

“One of the leading businessmen in Korea, Choi Hamin who was awarded ‘The Best Entrepreneur’ in Asia last year, recently revealed his family. Choi who has numbers of shopping complexes around the globe proudly showed his household members in a recent interview with ‘Stock Personalities’. His wife, Lee Aerin was the daughter of Busan’s previous mayor. She was a graduate from Cambridge University, majoring in business. She gave birth to two beautiful twins back in 1994. The elder twin, Choi Haejin stood handsomely at a height of 185cm. With his flower boy image, he is also good in his studies and sports. He won the ‘National Young Debate Championship’ in 2010 and ‘Young Golfer Tournaments’ 3 years in a row since 2010. The cold vibe from Haejin clearly gained himself some fans after appearing on his father’s documentary back in 2011. His daughter, Choi Haerin is a beautiful petite young woman. In 2005, she won the ‘International Classical Music Competition’, amazed the crowd with the sweet melody of her violin. The following year, she won the same award and her victory lasted until now. Haerin is as popular as her twin brother as she tops the list of ‘The Most Popular Young Heiress’ which was conducted among the other heirs of companies around the nation—“

EXO members froze on their spots. The manager also stopped focusing on the TV. The more Xiumin read just now, the more they were captivated by the amazing background of Haerin.

“Hyung…” Sehun started.

“Y-yes?”

“Your rivals are heirs of companies around the nation,”

“I know.”

“She’s…cool,” Luhan said. The others nodded in agreement.

“Search on her some more,” Chen ordered Xiumin.

“Should I?”

“Hey, we should not be stalking her like this,” Kris advised. “Oh- This one looks interesting,” he pointed at an article.

Xiumin scowled at Kris and clicked at the article anyway.

“The Leading Companies Joined Forces.”

“Let me read this time,” Suho barged in. He read it first and went silence. “I don’t think it’s alright to do this one,” he looked at Chanyeol.

“Yah! Let’s just read it together,”

“Yeah, what could be so weird about it? I had enough shock already.”

“Okay,okay,” he cleared his throat. “You guys sure?”

“Hyung, enough with the teasers,”

Suho sighed.

“The Leading Companies Joined Forces.” He paused. “I can’t do this,” he handed the I-pad over to Kris.

“Why—Ohh,”

“Let me read it then,” Chanyeol snatched.

“…….” He went silence.

“I need to go first.” With that, he left the room.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhhhh~what did Chanyeol read? you'll find out in the next chapter. i decided to double post since i got my exam this week. wish me luck~ anyway... enjoy :D