The End

Lovely Fan

 

The Last Chapter


“Hello,” Daehyun greeted. Even his wide smile couldn’t hide the puffy eyes he had—everyone could tell at one glance that he’s been crying before coming there. Suho cleared his throat awkwardly and greeted him too. “Come in, Daehyun-ssi.”

“You’re Suho hyung right?” He hung his coat loosely on the closet. “I’m Han Daehyun.” Suho just smiled and showed him towards the living room.

“Boys,” Suho called out. Kai and Sehun who were watching the television perked up, looking at the boy in front of them. Baekhyun just came out of the kitchen—bringing some snacks with him. D.O was the first one to greet him.

“Hello there, are you here to see Chanyeol?” Daehyun nodded his head and rose up the plastic bag he brought. “And I got food.”

“What do you want?” Chanyeol’s husky voice filled the room. He was about to go to the kitchen when he heard some talking. “She’s not here.”

“Actually, I come to see you, hyung.” Daehyun’s friendliness drove Chanyeol mad. The others looked at ease and comfortable around him and that ticked him off more. First, he took his Haerin and now this? “I want to talk and just try to get along with you.”

Chanyeol immediately froze. This was included in Haerin’s wishlist—for him to befriend this rival of his. It was ridiculous of her—how come two men who are in love with the same girl could ever be friends? His brows furrowed but still, he sat in a circle along with the rest of s.

“Beer—hey, Sehun and Kai are minors.” Suho pouted. Daehyun narrowed his eyes at the leader and slowly scooted the beers he brought away—alluring him into his trap. Who could’ve resist beers? They’re the best for de-stressing. “B-but no, give me one can.”

“That’s not fair.” Kai tried to grab one. “I’m counted as the same age as Kyungsoo hyung and Daehyun hyung already. I’m an early 94 liner.”

“No can do.” Baekhyun shook his head. “Once you’re a 94 liner, you’re still a min—hey Oh Sehun!” Sehun his lips—satisfied—once he finished a can of beer in one shot. The hyungs were at lost. Sehun just scoffed and took another can which Kyungsoo grabbed before him. “No, one is enough.”

“But hyung,” the younger one whined, “We don’t have schedules tomorrow. It’s completely okay!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You look really ‘cool’,” Daehyun pointed at Chanyeol’s face. He has puffy red eyes, red nose and eye bags that really drowned his handsome feature. Chanyeol flared his nose and hiccupped. He looked around and saw the maknaes passing out—they had the most drinks for the night, D.O was cleaning over Suho’s vomit while the leader is sobering him up. Baekhyun was—surprisingly—okay but he has gone nuts with his laptop—perhaps looking at SNSD’s comeback news.

And that left just the two of them. Daehyun but his lips and grabbed another can. Chanyeol eyed him uneasily. “You had enough.” He replaced the beer with a chicken wing and drank the beer instead. He laughed suddenly and shook his head, “Does Haerin knows that we’re here getting drunk?”

“She’ll lose hell if she finds out.” Daehyun chuckled. He played with the wings before eating it—slowly his tears broke down. It was a mess—a young man crying as he’s still trying to finish a fried chicken? That’s something to laugh about. But Chanyeol understands him, and soon he’s crying too. Suho, Baekhyun and D.O just kept quiet. This is something that they couldn’t do anything on.

“Can’t she get a treatment?” Chanyeol hiccupped again. “I’ll do anything…so that she’ll…”

“We’ve been pestering her for months already.” Daehyun looked at him. “You’re the only hope left. Talk to her, if you have to—force her. She won’t listen to us but with you, she’ll listen for sure. You have to do this.”

“I want her to live. I haven’t done enough for her.”

“Me too,” Daehyun lay on his back. He looked at the ceiling and wiped away his tears. “At least you have her heart. She’ll do anything to be with you again.”

“You’ve known her for years. Why couldn’t you do it?”

“She’s precious, Chanyeol—one of a kind—you know why I don’t want any other?” he paused for a while before leaving a small laugh. “When I first saw her—about a decade ago—we were both young but I’ve set my mind to marry her. Haerin’s perfect in every way—even when she’s whining about putting up a weight—she looks the skinniest to me. She tortures herself in that kind of way. I hate it.”

“You really do like her don’t you.”

“I like her the best.” He smiled. “And you do too apparently. When I see posters of you on her wall, I thought that you’re just a piece of cake at first. Park Chanyeol of EXO is merely a dream, a fantasy and will never be a reality. Then, you two met, and love.”

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol couldn’t help but to feel guilty. It’s true—Daehyun and Haerin were engaged. He almost had her but then he came along and took her away from him.

“Don’t be,” he finally finished off the chicken and played with the bones. “I’ll hate you more if you do that.”

“Do you hate me?” Chanyeol asked as he joined Daehyun looking up in the ceiling. Maybe this kind of talk could make them become friends—than that would’ve been the solution. “Sorry again, Daehyun but I kinda hate you too.”

“Haerin loves you Chanyeol hyung. I can have everything in the world—good looks—” he laughed before continuing, “money, empire of business, any girls I would like…”

“But you only want her.”

“And she wants you. You’re like that too, aren’t you? Only wanting her—I think we have that in common the most.”

They fell into silence again and just listening to the sound of the maknaes’ snoring—probably their first time getting drunk, D.O’ nags on the two eldest in the group and their own breathing.

“If you could let her go for a while—there’s this doctor in the States, he’s been researching on this…thing…and he has several patients cured before. I’ll pay for everything, I’ll do anything…”

“I’ll talk to her.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“ZHANG YI XING, YOU FORGETFUL UNICORN!” Kris’ shout shook the entire dorm apart. Soon, EXO they all gathered in the living room, watching in full excitement as duizhang scolded the younger one.

“What did you forget this time?” Suho asked, passing out their morning drinks. Lay shrugged and rolled his eyes. “He’s just bluffing.”

“No he’s not,” Chen argued. “Lay here left all of our bags in the dorm so our wallets, phones, everything is there.”

“It’s not like we’re going anywhere. After all, manager hyung had returned there to pick everything up so…yeah.” Lay shrugged. The others just shook their heads—as expected from Zhang Yi Xing. “So Chanyeol,” he tried to change the subject. “How’s Haerinie?”

“Oh she’s—”

“Wait, where’s Luhan hyung?” Sehun interrupt. The members glanced around and Xiumin looked at one particular person. He raised his brows looking at the culprit. Lay looked away and played with his earphone. Tao was already laughing and soon the others followed him.

“ZHANG YI XING, YOU FORGOT TO WAKE LUHAN UP?” Kris pulled the strands off his hair and glared at him.

“Hyung’s going to be furious,” Kai said. “It’s his fault too for being such a heavy sleeper.”

“You talk like you could wake up when missiles going to be dropped off in front of our dorm.” D.O teased.

“Ah, finally!” Chanyeol beamed, putting up his laptop—smiling at the screen like an idiot. Loading… His eyes were following the circle as he waited for the connection to connect.

“Put up your ear muffs everyone,” Baekhyun announced. “Here comes cheesy Chanyeol creeping. Hey babe,”

“Hey babe,” Chanyeol smiled when the video was finally on. He could see the same hospital background he’s been familiar with ever since two years ago. Yeah, two years—it was a snowy day like today too when he finally let Haerin go. It was such a torture for both of them to separate.

It’s also been 2 years since Haerin goes through surgeries for her sickness. They were ups and downs—she is physically and mentally tired of all the procedures. Chanyeol however, being a supportive boyfriend he is, tries to cheer her up as much as he could. What Chanyeol sees in the screen disappointed him. He rolled his eyes and rested his head on his hands.

“Ayyo waddup, Yeol!”

“Oh hey, er,” Daehyun smirked at Chanyeol’s harsh greetings.

“Where’s my girl?” The others cooed at his cheesy question. Daehyun shrugged and stuck a tongue. He suddenly put up a beautiful card and Chanyeol had to squint his eyes to see it. “What’s that?”

“Oh, just our wedding invitations card, and yeah you’re invited.” By then, Haerin came into scene and sat on her hospital bed. Chanyeol smiled—even with her long dark hair almost covering her pale face—still, she is just so beautiful in his eyes.

“Where did you go?” he asked, so gently that the sudden changes in voice gagged the watchers up. Chanyeol took himself into his room and settled on his bed. Daehyun too left after kissing Haerin’s cheeks—which irritated him a lot. “You should stop letting that freak coming over, you know.”

“But oppa’s fun to be with—oh, and to answer your question, I went to the bathroom.”

“Getting nauseated again?”

“It’s worse now. But the pain in my head is slightly better.” Chanyeol nodded. These symptoms would always occur to Haerin whenever she finished her surgeries. And she happened to have one just last night.

“How’s your body? Can you move well?” There was once in the past two years that her condition had dropped miserably. The high dosages of painkillers made her dizzy and twice she fell on the way to the bathroom. Though she was able to walk normally lately, the pain she was feeling intensified—not as fatal as last time—luckily.

“I’m better I guess. I had Daehyun and the nurses helped me lesser nowadays. Father called me last night; he said he’s stopping by later this week. He had a business trip in England so he’ll drop by for a couple of days.”

“That’s great.” Haerin nodded and sitting there even with the plain hospital gown, Chanyeol couldn’t take his eyes off her. “I’ll visit you next week.”

“Oh, you shouldn’t have. You do know that this is the last surgery. I’ll come back home soon.”

“Nah, I insisted. It’s been almost half a year now since I last met you. I’m wondering if you can still recognize me?” he pouted—joking with her a bit. “After all, my fans are dying to see more ‘us’ moments.”

“I see you almost every day, oppa.”

“Yeah, within this screen only.” He whined. “I need to see you again, maybe stay longer on my visit. You’ll anticipate my visit, will you?” She nodded and smiled. “Did the surgery go well? You were surprisingly happy today.”

“Daehyun oppa replied one of my tweets. He said he remembers me.” she squealed. He rolled his eyes. ‘Here comes Haerin’s fangirling side again.’ “And yeah, they’re having another comeback soon. I’m so excited!”

“You have an awesome idol for a boyfriend and yet—” I let myself hanging. Then, I smiled, realizing that this is probably one of the many reasons I like her. “You’ll get well soon, right? And by then, I’ll have you stay with me 24/7 and have you all to myself, you lovely thing.”

“You cut your hair.” She finally noticed. “I like it—just so neat and simple.” Chanyeol smiled in delight. “Yeah, I got that a lot, Hae.”

Chanyeol heard a creaking door sound and it closed back. “It’s time for your checkup, Miss Choi.” He pouted and looked at Haerin. “Can you not go yet?”

“I’ll call you later, kay.” Chanyeol grunted and finally sighed. “Cut me some slack, oppa. I’ll return there soon so hold yourself a bit—and then we can both go to B.A.P showcase.”

“Fine, fine. Tell your doctor I say ‘hello’.” Haerin nodded and smiled again. “I love you.” Chanyeol had his face buried in his palms as he squeaked.

“I love you too, Haerin.”

 


And, it's the end! After finishing my Sehun's story, I finally get this done. This story means a lot since it's my first try here in AFF. I want to thank those who's been supportive throughout this story; subscribing, commenting and reading~ You all made my day. I may have not reply to everything but I could sure you that I've read every single one~

Once again, I thank you all and do continue supporting my other projects. ^^ I love you, turtles~

Love, yeol-byul2711 (10star) :)