Is She Okay?

Lovely Fan

Chanyeol’s POV

 “Lay oppa,” I turned around only to see Haerin with her bags and violin. Is she leaving? Lay hyung passed through me and walked Haerin away. I stayed there, glued to the spot. Are they in a relationship? The thoughts kept running through my head and it couldn’t make sense at all.

I stood there, watching Haerin and Lay behind her walking away. It felt bad. My heart hurts. Even when I was the one who asked for this separation, I still couldn’t bear to forget her. She’s been in my mind for so long that I just couldn’t bring myself to move on.

“Chanyeol!” I snapped from the thoughts and entered the room. Judging from the voice earlier, I assumed that Baekhyun is calling me. I raised my eyebrows and took a seat.

“What’s running in your mind?” Kris asked. I looked at him before looking at my untouched food again. “Is it Haerin?” Luhan nudged Kris and stole a look at me. I chuckled, seeing that sort of reactions. Slowly, I nodded my head.

They seemed not shock. I mean, it’s obvious that they know me so well. The happy virus, being crazy and noisy all over the place suddenly stays quiet? There has to be something wrong somewhere.

“Hyung,” I whispered to Suho who sits next to me. “What is it?” “Did Lay hyung ever tell you about—,” I stopped. Why do I doubt my own hyung? I shook my head and turned to toss my food around the plate. Lay couldn’t be dating Haerin, could he?

“Did he ever tell me about Haerin?” he whispered back. Ah yeah, I’m too obvious about stuff like this. “You’re not good at keeping things from me, Yeol.” He smiled.

“I’m just… It’s only been 3 months since I broke up with her. It couldn’t be that she’s now with Yi Xing hyung, right? I mean, I’m not interfering in her…um…but, they’re not like that, right?”

“Hah, I don’t know about stuff like this, Yeol.” He rubbed his neck. I smiled. Of course, I don’t expect you to know everything about this too, hyung. “But I do know something. Lay isn’t the type to hurt others so there must’ve been a reason for her to be close to Haerin. Don’t worry too much about it.”

“Oi,” Baekhyun kicked my legs, drifting my attention to him. “What are you guys talking about?”

I shook my head and shoved a spoonful of my omelet to his mouth.

“Ah,” I turned to him this time. “What did you guys talk with Haerin just now?”

“It’s nothing,” he shrugged. “We just talked about how she’s doing—,”

“Is she okay?”

“She’s fine.” He eyed me. “There’s still a moment when she’s down though. She seemed to be in pain and she spaces out a lot…”

“Yeah, she looks so pale just now,” Sehun butted in. “But Haerin’s always pale.” D.O argued. I nodded. That’s true too. She always looks like she’ll collapse at any time. And to think that she gets sick quite easy, it actually worries me.

“Speaking of pale, our Yi Xing is finally back.” Pale Yi Xing? Oh yeah, hyung’s like that too. He looked at me before flopping down. I couldn’t stop thinking about the question I asked him earlier. Does he like Haerin? Are they in some kind of relationship?

“What took you so long?” Kai asked. He sent her home, that’s why. I grunted. My jelly feels still linger around. He couldn’t be saying those to answer Kai, right?

“I waited until Haerin’s oppa come to pick her up.” He innocently replied. Everyone looked at me and I’m aware of it. I looked down and played with the food again. Does he play that kind of role in Haerin’s life now? Since when did they start to hang around with each other this often?

“I’m a kung fu panda!” Tao shouted suddenly. We all looked at him. Obviously, this kid is trying to lift up the mood. Yeah, this topic sure brings everyone down…especially me. Luckily, his effort works since Baekhyun keeps shouting, “Bacon, bacon,” next to me.

“I got lisp.” Sehun blurted out, making us all laughing. “And the fan keeps teasing me about it.”

“Well, at least you got yourself Hunhan.” Xiumin joked. “I got stuck with this Chen here.”

“Yah, what’s wrong with Xiuchen?!” Xiumin rolled his eyes and munched on his food. The members then started to joke on shipping partners when I blurted that Baekyeol is the best. Taoris argued and the fights continue.

I felt good. For some reason, I feel much better after playing with these trolls. And I’m sure of it, even if it’s hurt, I could still live without Haerin. But then again, I found myself staring at one place empty next to Lay; Haerin’s. I looked at her food, how it’s only been eaten half—that’s something new since she’s the type that would finish everything. She said it’s a crime to waste food, seeing all those who needs help dying for food every day.

Hm, I miss her.

---------------------------------

Lay’s POV

We’re now in our van, back to the dorm. EXO-K’s in their own van, on their way back too. Xiumin kept grunting about how full he is and teasing Tao who’s trying to sleep. These noisy brothers I got kept me awake along the journey.

“Are you with Haerin…?” Chen started, drifting the attention of Luhan too. Now, both of them are looking at me. I know where this conversation would lead us. It must’ve been shocking for them to see how much I’ve progressed with Haerin. We barely talk to each other before since she’s always with Chanyeol. But now, yeah, she relies completely on me when it comes to support.

I shook my head. “An item?” I asked them, again, shaking my head after that. It’s true. I’m not in a relationship with her. Haerin wouldn’t want it; she’s still madly in love with Chanyeol. And I wouldn’t want it too; she’s been like a sister to me and I don’t wish to ruin that.

“Seriously guys,” I chuckled, their reactions are the best; trying their best not to be so obvious about the questions. I may be forgetful but these kids won’t slip away from my memory. I just know them too well. “There’s nothing going on between Haerin and me.”

“But then,” Kris interrupt. “You two seem so close right now. It’s kinda… suspicious?” he trailed off. But I still could catch his words. I know this too but I shrugged it off. I just flashed a smile to them and assured them one more time that I’m not dating Haerin.

My heart fells badly. I cannot keep secrets this well, I’ll be eager to share it with someone else. Not to mention, this kind of secret, I just can’t afford the burden myself. Should I tell them about it? I looked at our manager hyung who’s driving now. He knows about it too and his face looks troubled as well. Will he let us tell this secret to the rest of the boys?

I quickly wrapped my attention to the scene outside. It couldn’t be, even when I’m aware of this situation, it still seems impossible to me. She’s just too young. Poor Chanyeol, I felt bad. I really do. But I must treasure this secret. I promised her. I promised Haerin to keep it from him.

Haerin-ah, will you be okay?